Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 busbybabe
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Rememberance day.. 11th NovemberPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My son is parading in his uniform along with a lot of other Cub/Scout troops in East and West Sussex. We will all observe the three minute silence and show respect for the men and women who gave their lives so that we could live with the choices we have today.

Remember the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month and observe the three minute silence. I know I will be.
 Honey_badger
Msg: 42
Rememberance day.. 11th November
Posted: 11/11/2007 9:10:37 AM
We had our parade outside the divisional HQ on the COB at Basra. Standing in front of the memorial wall - a three sided brick edifice covered with brass plaques. Each one bore the name of a serviceman or woman who had died in Iraq since 2003. I knew some of the names on there.

There were several hundred of us on parade, mostly army but also Royal Navy, RAF and civilians. The sun seemed unusually hot, even for this place, and it beat down on us mercilessly. We hoped the neighbours would lay off with the rockets - and so they did. I would like to think they were paying us some respect, but it was probably pure coincidence.

And we remembered those who had fallen.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2015 2:39:58 PM
Given that its VE day. Have a good read of this. Makes you think about Churchill and the motivations for WW2

https://sites.google.com/site/davidirvingonwinstonchurchill/
 GeordieColin
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2015 5:26:39 PM
^^^^ Just a wild guess. Your ideal man is in the forces?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >