Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 junipermoon
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Do men find house work and taking care of children difficult?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
i think it depends on the level of parental involvement in the children's lives.

some parents can send them off to school, have someone else meet them at the bus stop, let them watch tv, microwave something for dinner and let them watch more tv.

then you have the parents who make sure homework gets done, go to parent-teacher meetings, volunteer at school, organize 'wind-down' activities, prepare real food, cart them from one activity to the next etc.

i used to teach middle school and, believe me, the difference really, really shows.
 beerbag
Msg: 22
Do men find house work and taking care of children difficult?
Posted: 11/29/2007 12:56:39 PM
yep, it gets in the way of my beer drinking, video game playing, sports watching and ball scratching.
 wingding75
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:20:22 AM
MSG 56

BOO HOO. To those women that are stay at home mom and have a husband come home and help in the evening...you have it even easier.
Let's re-evaluate and figure how much down time you had....about 3 hours between breakfast and lunch...another couple during the nap...watching them play in the afternoon is hardly work...let's say another 1 at least.
That's 6 HOURS of down time...and don't TRY to deny it b/c I'm a single dad. I DO this on my days off.
Now let's see...Husband that works full time...15 min coffee break in the morning...1hour lunch...15 minutes in the afternoon...
His downtime is 1.5 hours.

And there are stay at home moms that COMPLAIN that their husband doesn't help out enough????

CRY ME A RIVER.

I couldn't agree more.

For the posters who think it's so difficult: If you are having such difficulty raising your children then you likely suck as a parent. I've raised kids before from past girlfriends and there was nothing to it. Tantrums, dirty messes, accidents, house work all done is a few hours each day. The rest is supervision. Sure is it's a great responsibility like the OP said but it's NOT work.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 12:39:29 PM
With all due respect motherhood is not a job that's substance can be judged in two years let alone two weeks. Some women get heavily involved in every aspect of their children's lives, others just put a computer and DVD player in the kids room and let metal babysit their kids throughout childhood. Everything is relative.

Thanks for focusing on me Mom!
 hd321
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 1:25:48 PM
When the oldest 2 of our last 3 were small and I was pregnant with the last one, my husband was staying home with the babies while I went to work. It was his first time caring for them on his own. They were almost 2 and barely 1. I was happy because I was up at 4 am and off to work! Yea me! I got a phone call at 1 pm. He was calling just to let me know how much he appreciated eveything that I did at home and how there was always dinner on the table. He was in the middle of cleaning up a large bottle of honey off the floor and the babies were still in their PJ's. He hadn't been able to get dressed yet either. He did have one load of laundry running but we had to do at least 3 a day to keep up (we had 4 at home, 2 were in school). I had been having a rough day at work (I was an ICU nurse and 8 months pregnant). After hearing what the babies had done (nothing out of the ordinary, just kids being kids), I was so glad I was taking care of 1 patient even tho that patient was sick as a dog!
2 weeks with 2 kids aged 9 and 4, is nothing! It is the baby years that kill you. You spend their older years just trying to catch up on the lost sleep.
 svj
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/2/2007 11:23:12 AM

And I've noticed some women with kids who complain a little too much just might not like or want their kids. It's not socially acceptable to say you didn't want your kids, you regretted having kids and you don't think they are great kids. But many people silently feel that way.
Just want to re-state that because I feel it's important.

Not everyone loves their own kids.
Not everyone even likes their own kids.
But since people that say so out loud are generally given the same regard as, say, Hitler...

If you enjoy hanging around with and raising children... even though there will be days where everything seems to go wrong all at once... odds are it's not going to feel like a boatload of work. You're too busy enjoying yourself to notice.

If you don't enjoy hanging around with and raising children... odds are it's going to feel like a boatload of work, all the time, every single day.

You can take out "hanging around with and raising children" and insert pretty much any task or goal you like. If you enjoy something, it's pretty damn likely to go much more easily than for someone that doesn't.

But that's just my opinion... and I don't have any kids. (That I know of )
So by all means, feel free to disregard it.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >