Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Why do women lack initiative?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 13
Why do women lack initiative?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Why do women just sit there expecting the man to do all or most of the talking instead of showing some initiative of their own?

Because many women see themselves as an instant winning prize simply because they are women...they have a golden pu$$y.... while men who are supposedly below them have to win the said prize. It's a very socially accepted form of chauvinism. But plenty of people refuse to see it as chauvinism.
 gingerosity
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Why do women lack initiative?
Posted: 5/9/2012 2:49:37 AM
...they have a golden pu$$y.... while men who are supposedly below them have to win the said prize

Oohh! So thats where I've been going wrong all this time. Thanks tie!

Is it like one of those gold coins with chocolate inside? Mmmmm chocolate......
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/9/2012 2:59:52 AM
generally, a man is expected to start all the interesting and intelligent conversations or else he is not good enough. But many women believe they don't because they're simply a woman with satisfying looks.

What my point is, that many to most female profiles I see out there are not really that creative. Like... it's only a small paragraph or a few lines long of just basic info such like... this is my job, I like this or that music, I like to hang out in this or that social setting.

There isn't usually anything unique or anything said that will make a starting point to a conversation.

Yet, many of these same women expect a man to create an profile and email of approach that is unique or creative, even that from what information these women provide in their stance, there really isn't much to go by.

But likely, these same women won't approach men with the same type of dullness displayed in their profiles and emails.

Many to most emails that I have received have been very short and simple. Such like, "great profile, I like what you said, wanna chat more"...

It makes me wonder, if a man approached these same women with such a simple email, would they get a response?

A man likely has to have a proud status in employment, or have a good social status one way or the other. But most women who will ONLY settle for this don’t have any of such themselves.

This is why I claim female chauvinism. It makes me feel that many women out there think they are above men. Many women think that a man has to be super while they are just the average Jane with little. They think just being simply a woman who offers a **** is the same worth as a man who offers a lot more in character.
 gingerosity
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2012 3:34:10 AM
"The moment the slave resolves that he will no longer be a slave, his fetters fall. Freedom and slavery are mental states."

You don't have to play any games you don't want to. There is a multitude of kind-hearted women out there who are not chauvinistic. Are you ready to move on from the ones you feel have wronged you? "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

A key point is that dating is not economics. Yes, it has similarities to supply and demand situations, but there are a few important differences. In dating both parties are buying and selling at the same time. The relative self-respect of each determines who must make most of the running. A healthy relationship will only occur between people with a similar level of self-worth, where both parties are working equally to maintain it and neither takes the other for granted.

Hope that helps.
 Hilly02
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/9/2012 3:42:06 AM

There is a multitude of kind-hearted women out there

No there is not....we are all evil...did you not get the memo??

They think just being simply a woman who offers a ****

Im not sure what **** is ....and I fully lack the initiative to try and find out.
 tinapenny
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/9/2012 4:01:06 AM

There isn't usually anything unique or anything said that will make a starting point to a conversation.
Well maybe they're not aware of what makes them unique. Maybe they're saying a lot about themselves anyway if you read between the lines. They're saying they're conservative, happy with fitting in, socially 'the norm', don't bang their own drum, not particularly creative or articulate, and English wasn't their best subject. Someone who shines in doing a great profile might be awesome in a creative and articulate way, above average at sticking words together but be a pain in the arse to have a relationship with. Haven't you ever noticed that the people who got the awards at school were just really good at fulfilling the requirements of school, but not necessarily great in the real world? And people who just did enough at school really hit their straps when they started work? You need to get beyond the written word on a profile and find out what the real person is like.

And anyway, it is my observation that a huge proportion of contacts on PoF come from people who don't read your profile but just look at the pics.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/9/2012 5:17:59 AM

You don't have to play any games you don't want to [?quote]

There aren’t any here.

There is a multitude of kind-hearted women out there who are not chauvinistic

Yes, there are plenty.

Are you ready to move on from the ones you feel have wronged you?

I don’t need to move on from any. Just expressing women who are wishy washy does not justify this question. It’s like asking a woman if she is willing to move on from a guy who wrong her.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

The weak are the ones who can’t read between the lines.

A healthy relationship will only occur between people with a similar level of self-worth

Which is why there are plenty of women who claim there are no decent men. But looking in the mirror....hahahaha
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/9/2012 5:32:24 AM
Any woman who claims there are no decent men or its hard to find a decent man, can they please look in the mirror?
 qldblue
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/10/2012 1:46:24 AM
I have also read a few profiles that women have written and I will generally find something in the profile that I could start a conversation with.

I also choose who I will message and who I don't and this isn't based on whether their breasts are on display or not but then again I am looking for women in my age group and not in an age group that coincides with my childrens age groups.

There are some women who I converse with outside of this site and some who I don't.

I can read a profile of a woman and think to myself that I wouldn't mind starting a relationship with on one day but then read her profile again on another day and think no.

It all depends on how we feel at a given time.

I lot of women who are on this site have had bad experiences in the past and are wary and I can't blame them for that or as the old saying goes, Once bitten, Twice shy.

Not all men will take the initiatave either but we don't have a thread for that.

I can honestly say that I would be a great catch as I can cook, do the laundry, iron, do the yard work and have a good conversation with but this may not be what some women want.

I gather that women also have the same ideas as me in who they want to meet or not, some women have also been brought up with the idea that if a man is interested in them then he will make the first approach.

I can remember a time when women were not allowed into the public bar of a pub, they had to go to the lounge bar and that is all that long ago.

I don't think women lack initiative, I think women are using a guys method in applying the use of said intiative and I don't progress very far in reading a profile that has the words, are there any decent guys out there because to me that screams too many bad experiences for the woman.
 smothy
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/10/2012 3:41:15 AM
I just sent one to a female whose comments where that chat didn,t work and
BITE ME, so naturally i asked if she had a preferred spot .
Not anticipating a reply ,
 smothy
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/10/2012 3:54:16 AM
Replied with
Depends on who is doing the biting
 qldblue
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:28:15 AM
Geez smothy, you are smooth.

Now all you have to do is find out if the woman in question will allow you to bite her but I do suggest you get her on your yacht first, that way you can either be allowed to bite her on her preferred spot or have her walk the plank.

An offer that she can't refuse but make sure your yacht isn't tied up to the jetty first.
 tensail
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:31:35 AM
well sme dont think 2 well n r easily lead. feminism isnt about equality its about promoting 1 gender by demoting v other!
 gingerosity
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:41:44 AM

well sme dont think 2 well n r easily lead. feminism isnt about equality its about promoting 1 gender by demoting v other!

If only you'd been here when we were debating the nature of feminism! You could have saved us from so many unnecessary things like logic and evidence...
 Hilly02
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:08:26 AM

If only you'd been here when we were debating the nature of feminism! You could have saved us from so many unnecessary things like logic and evidence...

And spelling. Im sorry, but F*ck me.......
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:26:34 AM

If only you'd been here when we were debating the nature of feminism! You could have saved us from so many unnecessary things like logic and evidence..

hehe such like the evidence of VAWA which denies any male support. Or any feminist leader or feminist international protest/cause that equally supports men.

Not to mention, why is the movement called "feminism" if it's about equality?
 gingerosity
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:38:44 AM
Argh, not again! I was using past tense - "when we were debating".

Ok since you actually understand the concept of providing some support for your argument I don't mind persisting with this... but if we do continue can we just have one proper feminism thread (that we try not to get deleted) so we don't have to keep having this debate in random bits scattered all over the place?
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:42:10 AM
Have you heard the term "what about teh menz"?

I know the spelling is not right but that's how it is. It's used with sarcasm. Do a google search on exactly how I done it.

It's a very popular term used in the feminist movement.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Why do women lack initiative?