Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JoshMD
Msg: 41
why are men so attracted to women that already have boyfriends?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Seems to me most of the good ones are already taken because they are the good ones, and it goes round and round.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 44
why are men so attracted to women that already have boyfriends?
Posted: 8/27/2006 9:57:46 AM
Men ARE trophies and sex toys, and most don't seem to have a problem with this. What's your point?
 QazyGuy
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/1/2006 12:58:35 AM
All these theories are commonly repeated, yet total bullshit.

Men don't find you more desirable because you have a man. That is totally irrelevant. However, the more attractive people tend to have more partners, so there is a correlation there. Note that men also really don't care if you have a partner, except insofar as it might affect our safety.

The theory that was expressed, that women who do have boyfriends aren't "trying too hard", are just being themselves, is the one credible thing here.

Lastly, there is no "thrill of the hunt", there is only the "thrill of the catch". I don't want resistance from a woman, I want her acceptance. Easily and instantly.
 Smjle
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/1/2006 6:17:07 AM
Because it's the pretty girls that have boyfriends. Girls that don't have boyfriends are ugly or they have issues that make them unapproachable.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2006 11:59:42 AM
^^^^ - There's a big reason right there.

Because it's the pretty girls that have boyfriends.

I don't know how many times lately I have saw a girl that interested me, only to see her BF come dashing over and ruin my dreams. Remember Sherly Crow's song "Isn't it Ironic"?

"Meeting the man of my dreams- and his beautiful wife"

I'll just have to wait around until one of them BF's screw up!

Until then POF forums,
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2006 4:01:23 PM
I stand corrected- good catch there sfguy.

It's not just us guys- a buddy of mine- he's the man- and he's married with kids. That doesn't stop women of all sorts from openly flirting with him. After coming out of a LTR, I was shocked by how much it went on. Made we wonder what had changed while I was "away".

So I guess its just human nature.
 studplayrico
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:04:16 AM
People want what they can have.
 studplayrico
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:04:55 AM
People want what they can't have.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:13:05 AM
I stand by my original post #57. Women who are in relationships usually feel more complete because of it, and therefore attract men who see them as happy and not needy or incomplete. It's not about the boyfriend, it's about the difference in attitude. Same goes for women who don't feel being part of a couple all the time is crucial. If you are happy being single, you attract men who are drawn to your personality.

Oh, and pretty or ugly has nothing to do with it, as that's all relative. The same woman can be viewed as dreadfully ugly and totally beautiful by two different men. It's just a matter of who's opinion you ask.

And, there are a lot of women that don't want, need or have to have a boyfriend - or have commitment or relationship issues. Looks have nothing to do with it. Just because a woman has men that will date her, it doesn't mean she has to choose to do so.
 marshw
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:13:33 PM
If you're married or living with someone, it's hands off. If you just have a boyfriend and I'm interested...I can't help it if you are with the wrong guy. If I'm able to steal you away, then YOU proved my point.
 Dandee71
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:13:46 PM
the grass is always greener syndrome
 Dandee71
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:14:27 PM
the thrill is always a big part for sure.
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/21/2006 11:34:32 PM
Because they don't have to worry about you getting attached to them, you are suppose to already be attached. It's that plan and simple.

Grass always looks greener the other side of the fence.
 Winebuddy
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/22/2006 7:48:19 PM

You don't think women use men as trophies and sex objects?

GUILTY
the trophies arrive after the sex
 gurlyone
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/22/2006 8:19:12 PM
I don't think they all are, just the scummy ones. More of a challenge for them, making the game more fun maybe?
 *buzz*
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2006 11:36:54 AM
glowing effect?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Why are men so attracted to women that already have boyfriends?
Posted: 6/24/2011 4:29:36 AM
No, it's even simpler: men with established mates, tend to appear more relaxed and confident. Those traits are what most people find attractive.

There's a great little quote in the movie Broadcast News, where a secondary character, in the process of accepting that the main character prefers someone other than him says " Wouldn't this be a great world if insecurity and desperation made us more attractive? If "needy" were a turn-on?"
If it were, then we'd all pair up fairly quickly, and most couples would find no one tryong to pry them apart.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/24/2011 5:05:28 AM
^^^^^^
That glow of contentment,confidence and satisfaction
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/24/2011 6:28:05 AM

That glow of contentment,confidence and satisfaction

Yes, that is in the pureness of forms.......

& it has nothing to do with envy,greed or selfishness of another. At least to me.

Yet when I walk my dog,the ladies will always pick him first!
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/24/2011 4:35:13 PM

Hey Jim, the reason women start talking to your dog first is because he can't say no..................... They use it as a way to introduce themselves. Trust me on this.

He is half chihuahua & half toy poodle,4 lbs soaking wet, & even in my car at 55 mph,they go gaga!

And those who have & love each other ,

It is the glow one projects, that what most wish they hope to have ,some day......

any thing less,imo is less...lol
 cardesi
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2011 3:51:53 PM
I think it,s because they can see your mature enough to be in a relationship and they want what you have! and then you have some people that want anyone that will sleep with them and then you got some that are just players out to be hurtfull...
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:20:58 PM
Once I let the cat out of the bag & posted a pic of us together, I got men emailing me, saying that I should give them a chance. Other people I know, both male & female said that when they posted a pic of them w/ their SO, all of a sudden they got more interest from the opposite sex...is it a challenge of sorts?
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:33:30 PM
Not all men.
Count me out of that generalization.
 KeithValentine
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:30:01 AM
I don't have that problem. Well there was this one girl but I was interested in her before she was taken. It did get worse after she was with the guy but only cause I knew he was an ***hole and would hurt her. Which he did. Now's my chance! lol
 Tharmus
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:32:36 PM
Having a boyfriend doesn't really mean anything. If you are pretty/hot, men will find you attractive, whether you are in a relationship or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >