Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 komanaru
Msg: 37
Would You Respond to a Profile That is Pictureless?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
kakumaseng
 discover
Msg: 40
Would You Respond to a Profile That is Pictureless?
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:22:46 AM
I didn't start posting pics up until late last year (when I found the forums) for the reasons that maui67 mentioned: people recognizing you from the website (though I still only have one picture of my face on here).

Now I don't care if I'm recognized from the website - heck, if you do recognize me on the street say hello! I'll be the one in a shirt :)

Anyway, back to the question. Yes I would respond to a profile that has no picture and I will send out emails to women with no pictures. To me, what you say in your profile (which also includes age, height, body type, marital status etc...) and in your emails is more important than what you look like in a picture.

Of course I wouldn't meet anyone off this site unless I've seen a picture of them and have spoken with them on the phone a few times.
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/22/2005 7:31:43 AM
LOL That's cute....could happen though....I got one from a guy who is a cross dresser and

didn't even know what it was. I offered to meet him, cause I have a family member who went

through that, but he was a no show. Guess he is stilll scared of it.

Too bad. I never would have judged him. They can't help the way they are. It is a particular

mind-set.
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/22/2005 7:59:25 PM
Yes, I have...So much more to a person than a photo.......
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/22/2005 8:17:36 PM
How was your weekend Greycat?
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/22/2005 10:10:07 PM
Physical attraction is important but if I had conversed with someone and taken time to get to know them, meeting them would be something I looked forward to even though they had not posted a photo. What happens after that one never knows........
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/23/2005 4:54:33 PM
I liked that Curls...
 Holy Grail
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2006 10:12:03 PM
I would respond to a picture without a pic. I know why many ladies don't have their pics up and I can understand that. But they better have an honest sounding profile. And they would have to produce a pic after us sending a couple of messages back and forth.
I can also understand why girls don't respond to guys without pics and I don't think their shallow at all.
 Enygma1
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/22/2006 1:52:41 PM
Yes, but I'd prefer having a pic (mine is posted and fair is fair)! I think my biggest fear and chatting to someone without a pic then realize it's someone I already know (and don't like)! LOL Oops! lol
 Thomas-Hawk
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/31/2006 7:50:58 PM
Some people don't want 500 responces,,Some people re afraid to get someone only interested in how they look and which attacts shallow people,,It's the words the capture me.the wrods tell me who they are ,not how they look.
 Kiaa
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/2/2006 5:48:47 PM
i would respond to a non picture ad of course i have a pic of my self and many ppl said that i look 50 times better in perosn then i do in my pic. how weird is that
 GT99
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/2/2006 8:51:18 PM
whats with taking off pants roxy lol

you really seem to like that
 Marjabu
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/27/2006 10:45:28 AM
I might reply to a profile but I would ask for a Photo or for them to email a photo if they wanted to continue to get to know each other.
 Amma63
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:40:55 AM
Absolutley I would respond to a 'pictureless profile'. I've met some very nice 'faceless' people on this site.

Some people are just not comfortable putting their face up for all to see - some do not wish to, for business purposes.

I truly have issues with people who really think they are going to find 'chemistry' in a picture. To be honest - I don't want to meet those people.

I know one gentleman (for want of a better word), who is 'every womans dream'........until he opens his mouth. Then he very quickly becomes a very 'ugly' person.

I also know one gentleman, who when I first met him I thought I would never give him a second look walking down the street. The more I got to know him - the better 'looking' he became. His personality made him movie star drop dead gorgeous.

I don't like 'coining' phrases, but ........................true beauty really is skin deep, and one should never judge a book by its cover.
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/26/2008 3:53:21 PM
I get a kick out of people who won't reply to profiles with out profiles while there profile has no picture posted....wtf is that about????

for the record there's many recent pictures of me inside my profile..
 dwinottawa
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/2/2008 2:19:45 PM
I have contacted and responded to people with no pics, if I like their profile. But I do ask if they have a pic, and I admit most of them have sent me one by e-mail. My beef is with the people who send a pic that is not current. My picture is current, not the best, but at least current. And I, as well, like to know who I am talking to, fair is fair.

But sending a pic of yourself that is out of date is being dishonest. And isn't honesty one of the things that most of us are looking for? We assume that that profile that is posted is honest, with or without a pic, and we assume that the picture is current when we receive it. Then when you meet, it is a shock to find out they don't look at all like their picture they sent. Twice now I've wandered around looking for someone who does not exist in that form anymore. And I haven't been on here very long, so I guess I better get used to it. However, because my pic is current, they do find me.

I have also met a person who sent me a picture when I asked, and he was better looking than his picture. But I do think a picture is a good starting point, an honest picture. I'm not superficial, and remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Someone I find attractive will not be attractive to someone else. That's life. But to me it is the honesty factor. Be honest from the start, and then we will get along just fine.
 YeahHonestly
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/4/2008 4:43:58 PM
I don't post a pic. If you skip me because of that then it's your loss :) Reasoning: I don't want personal information I may reveal here coming back on me at work. I have pics, I'll share if asked, but won't publish them lol
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 5:01:37 PM
As for me it would depend on what's written in their profile and their e-mail to me. If they don't share much to encourage further discussion then I wouldn't bother to reply.

I have talked to some great ladies that don't have a pic in their profile but over time they do send one to me by e-mail...and they are smokin hot lol.

Before I were to meet them in person on a date or at a party I think it would be fair to see what they look like. They may give a good written description of what they look like but a pic really helps lol

I do believe its what's inside that counts :)
 ryansmsk
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/26/2008 10:26:27 AM
likely not going to make contact or respond to a pictureless profile on here . as its so easy to get pictures online these days there is little excuse for not posting at least 1 picture . online dating is somewhat uncertain even at the best of times a pictureless profile just creates too much uncertainty i think .
 An Optimist...
Msg: 150
Posted: 11/27/2008 5:26:03 PM
Only to give my email address and to say that to continue she'd have to put us on equal ground by sending me some pics of her.......
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2008 11:14:06 AM
I actually emailed someone who posted on these forums not long ago who didn't have a photo. After a few emails back and forth, nothing major just small talk and laughing abotu some of the things we both had read on here, she sent me a picture of herself and I must say, WOW!!! So sometimes a person chooses to not put a photo up for a number of reasons. That one person has made me change my attitude towards profiles without pictures, for the positive.
 Life_Is_Better
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/28/2011 12:00:39 PM
Yes, I would respond. And I have received emails from gals even though I do not have a pic posted. Everyone has their preferences. Usually based on past experiences or having read/heard of someone else experience - especially on a dating site or a social forum site.

I personally prefer to read what a person has written - not that one can trust what one reads. I find it is almost instinctive in terms of whether or not you believe you might "click" with the person. Perhaps a picture might help with this. I like to try for a get together very soon because meeting a person face to face and chatting is going to tell you more about them than anything from the internet.

I believe that those who will not respond if there is no picture are limiting themselves - because there are lots of nice people here on POF. A picture is only part of the "story" about a person. Beauty is only skin deep. As we all know, a person's character is more important in a relationship (usually).
 Casper66
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2011 11:52:41 PM
I have responded in the past to a pictureless profile with mixed results, some were attractive and others were nothing as they described themselves. I'm always a bit cautious now and would prefer a pic on the profile or send one in an e-mail, lets face it if you don't have some sort of an physical attraction then it's really just a friendship. I've found from experience that the situation can get very nasty too, if you are not attracted to the person and I really don't like hurting people's feelings. I put up a pic because I want the person to know who I am physically and can read my profile to find out a bit about me, for me there is too much risk of rejection not posting a pic and who needs that.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >