Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blahblah101
Msg: 351
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 15 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Some men think younger women are better. Some women are better than others. Think it really just depends on the person/people involved. Theres some older women. That those same guys. Would die 2 be with. So who really cares about this ? No offense OP At least it gives pof'ers summin to talk/type about.

tc.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 352
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 5/10/2007 2:44:38 AM
Ok I have a question, from a 57 yr old woman. If most all men want a younger woman because of her body, what is the older, vivacious, warm blooded, wiser and not bitter woman supposed to do... curl up into a tidy little ball and knit?
Just seems that the young in general and older males have many more options for renewal... and 'we' are not supposed to. Wouldn't you be irritated by that gap?
And after looking at profiles of men in my age group, telling that they are attractive and wanting a long term relationship...all I'm seeing is deluded seniors drunk on the possibility of a few vicarious thrills....I know it sounds naive, but I guess I was expecting a bit more maturity and self knowedge.
 myname1969
Msg: 353
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 5/10/2007 4:26:00 AM
umm now you know what it is like to be a Male at 18 -24..... yep KARMA strikes again....
 scoobywho
Msg: 354
Posted: 5/10/2007 11:41:10 AM
I've always had a preference for older women myself. So I wouldn't know what hte attraction to younger women is?
 Hott Buttered Soul
Msg: 355
Posted: 5/10/2007 1:35:12 PM
If I could have a penny for every thread I read on a woman and younger men.

There is always an attraction for younger people.. regardless of gender. Just as younger people have an attraction for older people.

Why worry about what others are doing.. maybe you should be thinking about your wants instead.
 that sam i am
Msg: 356
Posted: 5/11/2007 11:34:27 AM

I prefer older women .I think older women are sexier.Am I in the minority.I don't think so.
yes you are. if more than 50% prefer younger women, you are indeed in the minority.
 BlondeLady49
Msg: 357
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:42:14 PM
I dated a younger man who was a brilliant lawyer.... 12 years younger. It was good for the ego, but really we had very little in common. He was dealing with young children, visitation, all the kid stuff.... I have done that tour of duty. My kids are grown. He was very hurt that I didn't see this as a good relationship. It ended when he came over to help me paint my new home. I asked him to put on some CCR for energy while we painted. He didn't know who CCR is... I don't need a man who is not my peer. I need a man who is more free of responsibilities. There are some factors that need matching.... family situation, interests and financial status. Besides older men make up for whatever is being lost physically with a slower, more gentle touch. I do like a man with a slow hand and easy touch. Gee I think there is a song about that. (giggle)
 Grant P
Msg: 358
Posted: 7/30/2007 1:44:03 PM
This is a two way street. It is hard for both sexes to go by this issue. Many seem to be at different levels at different times in their lives. Self esteem is gained over time, some just take longer then others, that seems to be the soul that goverens when one gets by the age thing.

We have all met that person that just can not get it, or able to grow beyond and except what and who we really are. One really should gain self esteem not by what others think of us but what we truely display in our deeds and actions.
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 359
Posted: 7/30/2007 2:34:05 PM
I've pondered this a bit lately...I don't believe there is one easy answer to describe every situation. Some men boost their egos by walking around with young arm candy. Some feel more secure with younger women for whatever reason. Perhaps there's a bit more control by the men in these relationships. I think some want to be in the daddy role. Some fear committment. Some are extremely vain. Some are immature...so you see, you can really come up with many reasons why.
 Zeyphr
Msg: 360
Posted: 8/2/2007 2:51:39 AM
Men are pretty much programmed from birth to be attentive to fanfare and pagentry. I mean look at the things women do. They wear metal, stones and mud for crying out loud. They get tucks and lifts and straps and pannels etc etc etc. What's a guy to do? This is what his mind is slaughtered with from child birth. I mean the first song is about a child up in a tree that falls to his death. The Rock A By Baby song. He's up in a tree, the wind blows and he falls to his death. So lets get a perspective.

Men are programmed to love and lust after beauty. They obsess over it so much that it means more to them than the future of their kids because they endanger the solidarity of their family by cheating on the side with numerous women.

In the movie, Under Suspicion. Gene Hackman plays a politician who's wife suspects him of infidelity and so denys him intimacy. He is investigated for murder and has to be interrogated at the police station by Morgan Freeman. It's a brilliant script. He is found to be spending a lot of time in the red light district and places near the murders scenes. When asked about his predilection for young women he responded, "Who doesn't love young women. Firm, tight, beautiful."

This seems to be the mantra drummed into male children all their lives. Beauty and lust for beauty. Women compete for it, know it exsist and fight to win men's approval only to spurn it. The song, "The Girl from Iepa Nima" described it perfectly.
'The girl from Iepa Nema goes walking and when she passes I smile, but she doesn't see.'

They live for the thrill of celebrity and ignore their fans to revel in the feel of being desired. Then when they are old, desparate and needy and have no personality to speak of, men are supposed to be shallow and superficial because they want what they USED to be. And men were programmed to like. Sort of like a double edge sword isn't it. Reaping what your sow?
 lookingformygirl
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:18:38 AM
Isn't it obvious? People get wrinkles as they age. I see all the theories and talk about stealing youth, preserving youth etc. Its a beauty thing. If a man is in his 50's andhe wants a "trophy wife" do you think he is going to show off a beautiful but slightly wrinkled woman??? You are talking about superficial people, not EVERY man is after a woman 20 years younger......the ones that are just want someone who is perfect.
I didn't know it was all that complicated and psychological......
 Zeyphr
Msg: 362
Posted: 8/28/2007 10:49:06 AM
It's the aged and haggard women who want trophy men who, for the most part, complain about men wanting trophy women. I mean every one wants their ideal. Men's ideals are chosen and made up for them. With all the paste women wear on their faces. You have to be twisted into a conformist ideology in order to like what they have contorted themselves into to begin with. I mean, you can't touch their hair for fear of, 'messing it up.' you can't kiss them cause you will smear their make up, you can't hug them cause you will wrinkle their dress. Their hair? Well it's jockeyed on their heads in an array to be shown like a prize dish at a culinary competition. Every hair has been locked in place in some contrived idea of perfection so much so that if you hug her you have ruined the presentation. Their dress has to be just so also. I mean its a nightmare what men have to put up with in order to appease a lot of woman ( The unappeasable.) So when a lot of men look at a woman, they look for the contrivance (the created doll). Then, when they give into the conditioning, the woman is past her prime and wants him to change. Not like all the contrivance and like the internal personality that never grew. So now we have to like, 'someone to like me for me.' It never ends. Like being a short order cook in a diner from hell.
 LeanneJenkins1984
Msg: 363
Posted: 8/28/2007 11:58:47 AM
I've been told it's because younger woman are more open to change and less set in there ways.
As you get older you are less likely to change to fit someones elses life.
I would have thought thats about the jist of it and maybe also because it makes men feel more youthful themselves.
Personally i can see benifits in dating woman of all ages i guess its just down to preference.
 Zeyphr
Msg: 364
Posted: 8/30/2007 2:29:51 AM
Dude, at 15 girls are braggin about they are almost 16 and can't wait to be legal. At 21 they are braggin about they are legal and their weight is so proportionate. At 25 they won't tell you their age for the next few years and the weight question is out of the question. Then at 30 they say they are 30 something and start counting their age backwards.

Please, let's act like we are all from Planet Earth here ok people? I mean most women are vain and want it all. Even want a stud when they are a 'Super Sized Big Beautiful Woman' . You godda be friggin kidding me! I mean men are called shallow and worthless for being beaten senseless by images of plump breast and asses all over gods green earth; it's on cereal for crying out loud! That's why they call it a c o c k tail. It gets the former into the latter!

So let's all grow up! Men are beaten senseless like a Japanese Samurai Sword ( Folded over 25 thousand times for you history buffs) into wanting tight, young, supple, curvy flesh. That simple. Then when women think they aren't getting enough attention in their old age due to the programming backfiring on them. All of a sudden WE are shallow. You godda be friggin kidding me!
 Irreverent Lass
Msg: 365
Posted: 8/30/2007 2:33:48 AM
Zephyr... Felatrix... it is time to change your name again.

So let's all grow up! Men are beaten senseless like a Japanese Samurai Sword ( Folded over 25 thousand times for you history buffs) into wanting tight, young, supple, curvy flesh. That simple.

Seriously. You're not here for conversation, you need therapy.

Mods, ban me if you must, but this man needs help and is a liability to your site.
 Artistee
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:09:11 AM
I have no idea...maybe it's the "playing daddy" thing....

I couldn't hack a younger woman...I no longer possess the youthful physique and psyche to keep up with her (I never really kept pace with them when I WAS that age...They'd often get in MY way)...I don't have the finances to throw away just to keep her interest raised with something new and different every 17 minutes, hoping she'll stay in my life (which she won't)...Also I think of the cultural gap that I'd have to bridge...

No...sorry...that's far too much trouble! Let some other guy play that game!!!
 .Marc
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:10:58 AM
From a psychological perspective, a lot of it has to do with the "breeding programming" that is wired into us... at least I read that some where.

Personally, I don't understand it either.
 bona dea
Msg: 368
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:12:48 AM
People can generalise til they are blue in the face, ive dated older men because I thought they would be over the 'shagging anything with a pulse' period and they would more mature and stable.
WRONG!

You cant judge people on their taste's - Its not a right or wrong thing -it just is.

There's another thread going on called - I like older women because.....
maybe you should check that out and give yourself a confidence boost instead of wondering why men like young girls.
 Dare to
Msg: 369
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:18:52 AM
Some men like younger women, some women like younger men... Who really cares?? Once again its all about preferences.
I like to look at younger men and enjoy the ego trip when they flirt with me. But for a relationship i like to have a man around my own age, and my man is 3 1/2 years older than me..... I think its much more about mutual mindset than chronological age though. I'm in pretty good shape for a woman of any age, i'm toned and fit (no saggy bits), and would probably put many younger women to shame in that area, but i still dont want to feel under pressure to have the perfect body, and i think i would feel a bit of that with a man significantly younger than me. I'm surprised that men don't feel that same kind of pressure.
Sexually, there is just no comparison between a younger man and one my age. I think i'd feel very ripped off with a younger man who didn't have the skills and knowledge of a man my age. I'm sure there are some who have those skills, but in general most just think they do. I guess men generally don't think this way.
 JasmineKai
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:22:12 AM
Ok so "some" men think younger women are better. Some men also think that women with pink hair are better.

There is this amazing thing about people, they have preferences. Shocking I know. And these preferences guide them in who they date or even become friends with.

I have no idea how that can result in a 15 page thread. I'm thinking something called boredom is to blame.
 .Marc
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:23:30 AM
^ I don't think that it's boredom so much as insecure people asking an insecure question and a bunch of guys trying to say, "I'm not like that! Pick me!"

Gents... why do we turn into puppies?
 ron385
Msg: 372
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:32:00 AM
To the OP. Younger women are better in relation to what? I've dated younger women before, and quite frankly I prefer women in my age group. It is basically an ego trip type thing, for both sexes. Unless your nickname is "Hef" and you have an ocean load of money.
 Zeyphr
Msg: 373
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:41:31 AM

Seriously. You're not here for conversation, you need therapy.

I need therapy to get me to a place where my comments are more satisfying and agreeable to You? To make You think better of me? Typical.

I live in America and freedom of Speech is one of our legally protected rights. Psycho or not. If you had a viable argument to contradict mine, you would have at least presented it by now. As it stands, you just always seem to seem more irate than Irreverent. Stick to the topic. I did.
 leahnokla
Msg: 374
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:46:51 AM
Ok this is my point of view.I am 36 going thru divorce.Was married to a older man for 8 years.I nolonger want someone who just sits around the house.I want to do all the things I have missed out on for almost a decade.i am nolonger in my 20's but in my heart I am still 25.I am attracted to younger men for several reasons but not all physical.If i meet someone in early 40's who enjoys what i do I will go out with them.But right now it seems all that is interested is younger guys.I live with my best friend and the younger guy thing drives her nuts.But I am living my life to the fullest now.Too old to spend rest of my life unhappy.
 Stocker
Msg: 375
Posted: 8/30/2007 3:54:32 AM
Young girls: Pretty to look at, precious to hold, but putting up with them gets really really old.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???