Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WanderingRain
Msg: 457
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 16 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
A lot of people won't admit it... but if the opportunity arises, would most of us really turn it down?
 vrb1955
Msg: 458
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:15:45 PM
What amazes me is that if a older woman pulled this same stunt she would be tagged as a cougar ( a term I detest) where as a older male is a stud.

I do appreciate a younger man's attention.I am flattered but like another poster said . I want to be with someone that knows who the Fab Four were, or saw Stevie Wonder when he played intro forthe Rolling Stones. They remember Dallas, Knots Landing,Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, That Girl,Love American Style

And yes I do remember the day John, Robert ,and Martin were killed
 Amazing Amanda
Msg: 459
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:27:10 PM

GreySpot: Younger women? Beats me! I mean, they are nice to look at, but what do you talk to them about? I think women mostly improve with age, sorta like wine, lol.

The world didn't end with the Fab Four or at Woodstock, or even when JFK died. Some young women can carry a conversation about TODAY'S issues better than many older men. A younger woman can learn from the wisdom of an older man and an older man can be made to feel young again by being with a younger woman and seeing the world through fresh eyes.

I do agree with you GreySpot about women improving with age, the same with men I'm sure. I plan on being a very fine wine when I get older.
 Ear to hear
Msg: 460
Posted: 10/7/2008 7:45:52 AM
Gotta laugh on that one...younger woman tend to not know how to treat a man as an older woman does...be it experience or the time she takes treating a man but younger woman and Ive only been with a couple dont have a clue...lol.Most dont take the time to kiss and relate bfore any real action...might be just the fantasy of being with the young chicks but hasnt been one of mine!I prefer my age or older,well from 40 on up anyway...no woman that could be my daughter...lol.
 vrb1955
Msg: 461
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:00:27 AM
No the world did not end with the Fab Four or Woodstock or any great leader being shot dead in their prime . We just sited those events as page turners in American history and we were there to witness them. It's what we have in common with each other.

You read them in a history book. I have no doubt some young women can carry on a decent conversation about world events. Especially if they major in that subject in school

The biggest problem I see with an older man dating a younger woman is the younger woman drains this guy's bank account and then he wants to whine and moan about . What did he expect ? That his charm was going to carry him to the finish line Oh Please

Just had another thought . How can date a generation of people you have so little respect for? How many times have I seen young people put down some over 40 or 50 on the internet and in real life ? How many disrespect the very people that gave you life ,a place to live, and a good education. I admire you for your youth but some of you have the manners of goats .Evident in the replies that dipped in venom when they were typed.

What was that great line in Fried Green Tomatoes after Kathy Bates rammed her car into a smart a** blond 20 something's car

Because I have better insurance !

Amazing Amanda
Msg: 462
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:46:46 PM

vrb1955 : I admire you for your youth but some of you have the manners of goats .Evident in the replies that dipped in venom when they were typed.
Did you say some of us young people have the manners of goats ? Did you dip that reply in venom when you typed it?

vrb1955: You read them in a history book. I have no doubt some young women can carry on a decent conversation about world events. Especially if they major in that subject in school
I was told of these historic events by my parents and my college professors. I can carry on a conversation about historic events because I'm intelligent. I don't have the emotional connection that those who lived the events have but that doesn't mean I'm clueless.

vrb1955: The biggest problem I see with an older man dating a younger woman is the younger woman drains this guy's bank account
Sounds like a stereotype.

vrb1955: How can "you" date a generation of people you have so little respect for?
Another stereotype. I was taught to have respect for my elders and you won't find evidence to the contrary.
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 463
Posted: 10/8/2008 8:55:28 AM
I just have to shake my head! All those that say, this attraction for younger
women must be some sort of crisis, or compensation for something! BS!
Another poster said that we should just go with what we find most attractive!
Hmmmm! Maybe there is some correlation there! Do you think?

And, some men do this, simply because they can! And the aspect of not having
anything in common is just more BS! Besides! I don't see a whole lot of compatibility
in many other relationships anyway, so why bring that up in this instance? lol

I have also found that younger women also have not added as many demands and
criteria to their agendas. Logically, the opposite SHOULD be true, but it isn't!
 Cynderella
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 10:10:41 AM
Trees are so beautiful when they are mapped with time...so are we!
 jackster121
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 10:16:14 AM
eye candy that's why. It makes no sense to me. i want a mature woman I can relate to on isuues of the world and reminisce about the past with her. It is almost like buying a sports car. You look good when you're in it and think it impresses everyone.
 ManeRider
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 3:04:05 PM
AMazing Amanda:
You have some amazing moral judgement if you refrained from hazing the old goat that reached WAY down inside herself to offer us up some of her diatribe. Old women are truly hateful to younger women, which is particularly one of the reasons guys avoid them like the plague. And I commend you for not retaliating to her venomous remarks. Jealous old hags aren't worth wasting your time over, so my hats off to you for not giving her stomach a turn with the knife.

It's encouraging to know someone like yourself can see past the age gap. So many other countries worldwide have long since known the benefits of younger women dating or marrying older men. Men mature slower than women; that's probably first and foremost, and an older woman, like that goat that ushered her nonsense in a few post back, typically enjoy younger men (as was admitted in her post's) because they've seen their friends do so. That's a psychological phenomenon we're seeing in older women (cougars) today, who feel they're refreshing their sexual libido by fawning attention from younger guys. SOme women think it's ok to do just whatever they saw men doing, even if it's being a user of the opposite sex for merely sexual gratification. Nevermind that the mentaility of that scenario is forever a throwback into a Freudian nightmare.

Go to Costa Rica....BRAZIL.....europe....asia.....middle east..... these people have, for generations, come to appreciate a younger woman and an older man. The reasons are endless. Older men offer maturity that the women's counterparts do not, in addition to financial success. In most cases, the older man is far less likely to stray, and offers a sense of fidelity unmatched in the females gender equivalent. In many cases, there's an interest level that the female finds with an older man, who wants to be stimulated with controversial, in depth thought that her gender counterparts are not capable of. The list continues.

I admire you for your youth but some of you have the manners of goats

Did you say some of us young people have the manners of goats ? Did you dip that reply in venom when you typed it?

I'd say yes, she did, on both accounts.

vrb1955: The biggest problem I see with an older man dating a younger woman is the younger woman drains this guy's bank account

Sounds like a stereotype.

Again, it's admirable you refrained from name calling. At 22, you're most certainly more mature than the woman who's twice your age, who's clearly not able to restrain her disdain for women who are younger than she is, and who clearly illicits less mental faculty than yourself.

Feel free to email me if you'd care to chat sometime.
 Amazing Amanda
Msg: 467
Posted: 10/8/2008 4:06:43 PM

manerider: Again, it's admirable you refrained from name calling
Thx
manerider: ....hazing the old goat...
Now you're justifying her words and proving her point by calling her a name.

manerider: Feel free to email me if you'd care to chat sometime.
My answer

Amazing Amanda post 474: I was taught to have respect for my elders and you won't find evidence to the contrary.
Chatting with someone who disrespects and calls older people names is not something I'm interested in at this moment in time.
 ManeRider
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 4:23:23 PM

Now you're justifying her words and proving her point by calling her a name.

Chatting with someone who disrespects and calls older people names is not something I'm interested in at this moment in time.

SO, now you're justifying her.
BTW, Just what point of hers have I proved?
I have no idea what possesses people to attack others the way she did to you. And I have absolutely no problem calling a spade a spade. I suppose if that derelict side of me offended you, best wishes to you. I tend to take issue with people who are so asinine as to make the initial comments she made. WHat's disgusting to me is how so many older women act so scorned by the thought of younger women dating older men, and whether that offended you or not, I still felt I wouldn't let it go without mention, no different than if someone had made that comment in person or in public.
I stand by my comments.
Cheers
 RENE.V.456
Msg: 469
Posted: 10/8/2008 4:39:43 PM
look men are very basic and very shallow, so what i say now is not to offend but to tell the honest truth, men go for younger women because they are more fit as far a body, a lot of young women who have no kids have a more perky body type and men like that blame hollywood and the media, men want the stripper, aerobic instructor, and the dreaded bikini blonde, sorry but its true, they don't want the women with the stimulating conversation, 3 kids, and body imperfections, thats not me, my girlfriend has a few extra pounds and i don't mind but most men do
 phishkev
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 4:48:36 PM
Been killed by death already-I personally want no young thing with no brains, morals, etc.-but that's ME! You may find yourself saying, "My, God, What Have I Done?" ...Once in a lifetime...
 ManeRider
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 4:49:04 PM
^^^^^^Moneycheeba, totally a bunch of hogwash.
I work among some rather elite families, and attractive women often follow the money. The homeowner I'm now working for is somewhere near 40, but puts many younger women half her age to shame for the fact that she takes such good care of herself. I'd have no problem dating/marying a woman her age, but they're usually few and far between ,and generally spoken for.
Per example....Sarah Palin is my age,.....had five kids, one just a few months ago. Does she look all disheveled and baggy? I dont' agree with her political tactics, AT ALL, but.... she's very attractive.
If the above poster says men are shallow, I'd say he ought to speak for himself. And as for not caring if a woman is overweight, again, matter of preference. I take very good care of my body, and enjoy more youthfulness than a vast majority of men my age. So, when I eat sugar or foods that aren't supposed to be good for you, I take for granted that I burn a lot more calories and burn out more toxins than most men my age. Thus, I can afford some luxuries. The same holds true with (my) dating younger women.
Trust me, at any age, if she's lame in the brain, good looks or youthfulness is a complete wash. I'm looking for a diamond in the rough, which is precisely how I see myself.

BTW, Just what point of hers have I proved?

Still awaiting a response to that, Amanda.
 RENE.V.456
Msg: 472
Posted: 10/8/2008 5:04:48 PM
yeah like you said some older women take care of themselves by working out or watching what they eat, but most don't, i don't know how old you are but i will say i have friends probably younger than you or your same age and most of my friends prefer younger
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 473
Posted: 10/8/2008 6:12:53 PM
Kind of related, but it NEVER ceases to amaze me how money
definitely helps to keep people younger looking! So, in a world
that so cherishes youthfulness, how can so many people keep
saying money isn't important? Someone isn't telling the truth!
 captainkirk56
Msg: 474
Posted: 10/8/2008 6:44:55 PM
i enjoy the company of woman my age...but then again...age is only a number..

i still have some life left in this body,,,just i take it a little slower...and nothing wrong with that either...
 arthur56
Msg: 475
Posted: 10/11/2008 4:45:58 PM
To vrb 1955

Unfortunately so do I, and I remember the exact moments and where I was. but I just want to realte a small story which those of my age may appreciate. Stevie wonder was also known as Little Stevie Wonder. when I was a kid in Montreal, there was a club in Montreal that used to open up their door on sundays, serve no alcohol, so people could see some of the performers. I think it was the Esquire Show Bar. It was the first time I saw Little Stevie Wonder. He was 15 years old at the time, and he was electrifying. I write this only because, when you talk with someone, you need to have a common ground, and you need to relate on more than just a physical basis, you have to relate to their minds.
 BGSU
Msg: 476
Posted: 10/12/2008 3:10:33 AM
I don’t know about you guys, but I want to live life to its fullest and I’m turned off by a young 50+ year old woman who’s ad sounds like she is in her 80’s and can’t wait until she is 90 and dies.

I’m 54, and now after voluntarily taking a year off work, I feel like I’m in my 30’s again.

I previously gained about 80 lbs. due to previously taking an office job for a few years and sitting at home in the evenings for several years taking care of my son. I’ve lost 30 lbs. in the last two years and I’m going to loose the other 50 lbs.

I beat my diabetes and don’t have it anymore. So I’m in better shape than a lot of the kids in high school.

The only thing that makes me old is my gray hair and that’s because it’s in my genes. My Grandfather had white hair when he was young. I started getting gray hair when I was 22 years old. I was salt and pepper when I was 27 years old. My son found a gray hair the other day and he just turned 19.

I’ve been around the military and law enforcement about all my life, so I have dealt with people dieing about all my life. I use to respond to traffic accidents where people died. I remember when I was seven, I helped my mother get the can food together that we were going to have to put in my red wagon and pull it with us when we had to walk to the Civil Defense Fallout Shelter once the sirens went off and also knew that when we eventually come out of the shelter, life would not be the same (we lived on a military base next to Washington D.C. during the Cuban Missile Crisis). Later, I worked around storage areas that housed thousands of nuclear weapons. Most of my best friends have died due to accidents, and many other good friends have also already died and most of them were my age. My brother who lived a very active life died at 48 years old. I learned very early in law enforcement that one needs to enjoy and live every day to it’s fullest because it may be your last..

I know more than most people how it is to get old because I just got done taking care of my very active 83 year-old Mother every day for three years because I promised my father who had also lived a very active life.

I hate to break people’s bubble, but the term “Golden Age” was used to be nice. It’s the age where one starts becoming handicap and start not being able to do stuff anymore.

There is a difference between changing jobs and retiring. Retiring is when one stops working and starts becoming a burden on society, with the next step in life being death.

Now age is only a number in your mind but too many people in their 50’s act older than my parents and grand parents did when they were 82 years-old.

I, myself, am not setting around waiting till I get older. Some people just can’t wait until they get into the Rocking Chair and rot.

I have learned from the past and live for the future. So I don’t sit around and talk about where I was when I found out JFK died. JFK is dead but I’m still alive. For those of you who remember JFK, do you think that he would want us to sit around and waste our time talking about him or do you think he would want us to live our lives to the fullest and strive to make this world a better place?

Now, other than the three years that I’ve spent taking care of my mother, I have been around young people through out my life, either in the military, in college, or teaching.

The definition for “Mature” means: Complete in natural growth and development, ripe.
Look it up: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mature

Will, I am mature (ripe) but I’m not old and ready to rot, I’m in my prime. If a person is in his/her prime, why would he/she want to quite and go sit in a rocking chair?

So, when I read a profile from a young 50+ year-old woman who’s profile sounds like she is in her 80’s and can’t wait until she is in her 90’s and die, how do you think I feel?

So, I am not looking for someone who has been alive as long as I have, I’m looking for some one to LIVE with and have a FUTURE together. I’m not concerned about finding someone to remember the past with.

I’m seriously thinking about dying my hair.
 Dempcey
Msg: 477
Posted: 10/12/2008 3:40:14 AM
I will not sit up here and mock "older men" for preferring younger women when I myself as a "older women" prefer younger men. Key word "prefer."

I think at this time in my life I realize we (male and female) have been on this earth for few hundred years and if we haven't gotten it right by now, don't think it's going to happen so I am just going with the flow and get in where I fit in.

I would think that some of us older ladies should take advantage of the "men" that do enjoy an older woman because we know what we want and we aims to please as well. And as you say look past their "flaws", use our other senses.

We the women are just as guilty as the men. Focusing on what we have rather than what we don't get is a grand start.
 grasshopper76
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 8:11:00 AM
Well, while there certainly are people whom will use others for their own personal gain and self satisfaction, I do not believe that every young person is " gold digging" and every young person is "clutching for their youth". If two people feel a connection and age does not bother them, then what is the big deal.

I really am strating to understand this mentallity at 32. The "young" people think I am old, and the "old" people think I am young!! Really don't fit in anywhere except with my own age demograph, or so it seems. This is amplified by having life experiences on par with a 50 year old, but still have the the energy and "kid at heart" of a 25 year old.

I think people should only worry about age if it affects them directly. I mean, yeah I look at a older woman and wonder, what would it be like 10-20 years from now. She will be retired and I will still be in the middle of my life. Will we have anything in common? Will we still like doing the same things? Like wise I say the same thing looking at a 25 year old woman. Is she mature enough yet. Will we be playing stupid games? Will she like me when I am alot older and she isn't? Will we share same interests? I prefer a woman around my own age, but I will not limit myself on this factor either.
It is my belief, key word BELIEF, that people whom harp on this whole age thing are feeling threatend. It is so hard to find a good mate now. People do not like having competition with something they can't compete with. If an older woman thinks that most guys are only interested in 20 something year old girls, of course they are going to feel jaded. No differently than if most woman only wanted a guy with a 12 inch pecker. That would leave most of us out in the cold. How could we compete with that? It is hard enough as it is. The key is understanding.
 Larissan04
Msg: 479
Posted: 10/14/2008 11:29:31 PM
look... men are visual. our society reinforces this idea that beauty and youth are all that matter. to a man, beauty is the promise of happiness, but of course that is only an illusion.

i am over 40 now and there are plenty of men who wouldn't date me because of my age. i am tooo old for them. men also treat you much differently when you are in your 40's ... also, i get all these young guys trying to date me like i am mrs robinson or something... that totally grosses me out... yeck!

just face it... women ahve a shelf life... we have an expiration date... there isn't alot you can do about it... and yes... men prefer younger women in general... all you can do is just be happy in yourself and be selelctive about whom you chose to date.... because these guys will be happy to sleep with you all the while thinking..."well... she 's a bit old for me... but it's ok for a fling..."

be careful who ya date.... that's all i can say...

lar
 Faconnable
Msg: 480
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:45:29 AM
everytime I see wrinkles I get this urge to iron my clothes. I dated this older gal once who lost all kinds of weight but it left her skin all loose and hangy. Infact, her legs did look like a couple thousand year old tree trunks. I had to staple her to the bed to keep her in place. When I flipped her over and seen all those creases, folds, pock marks and chips you were referring to I couldn't take it any more. I then had to rely on my 6th sense of running
 english lass
Msg: 481
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:54:05 AM
i'd think that some men think younger women are better for a myriad of reasons - it could be to do with their soft smooth and supple skin, the fresh glow of youth, their often more naive and trusting outlook, the potential for *molding* them into who they want them to be... or it could be because that particular young woman has a personality they enjoy, an attitude they find compatible with theirs, or a desire to have a bazillion babies which they share...etc...

everyone has their own preference, as seen by the countless postings stating such... sometimes those preferences won't include us and that's just the way it is

no biggie

(oopsie, just noticed i'd already replied... ah well... move along, nothing to see here...ah um...aren't the leaves pretty this time of year?)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >