Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 376
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 16 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
OP - your chosen subject for this thread (although years old) raises many issues. But by in large (in my opinion) younger women are easier to deal with. More often than not - younger women do not display the negative male 'ATTITUDES' so often displayed by older women.

I know - I've been there - done that - from 12 years younger to same age to older.

When it comes to a Significant Other - I do not want - or need - or will accept a woman with a negative attitude towards men. Younger women tend not to have those negative attitudes - plain and simple.

JoeBob
 Zeyphr
Msg: 377
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 9/6/2007 10:48:41 AM
See, there is this girl I know. We like hanging with each other and she is very cool. I know she plays with guys cause she is so incredibly friggin pretty. She loves to flirt and considers it harmless. We are always cuddeling and giving each other affectionate and innocent kisses. I never wanted to 'do' her. I just love beautiful women and spent most of my life growing up around them in their midst cause all the men got them preggers and left them to raise the kids alone. I was one of those kids raised with no man around.

I just found out the other day how young she is. We have been comfortable for a long time together and we like it that way. She is refreshing and fun to hang with. I never base my interactions on trivialities unless it is an intimate interest in a woman and I find out she isn't a woman yet. Cause there are some over developed and TALL teens out there this day and age. I used to baby sit one who is now 14 and taller than me and looks like a woman. I also have a friend from Ireland who just turned 24 and wants me badder than a junkie wants his crack, but I am not into her personality. So it's deceptive to say the least that you know the difference until you find out. It's not like I stereotype and say I am going to go look for a 19 year old. If the age thing comes up, it's not an issue. I am attracted to what I am attracted to. But I just found out that this girl was young. I am not going to all of a sudden become shallow and distant because of her age. Just like I wouldn't for someone's weight, height, ethnicity or sexual preference. A friend is a friend is a friend and also, if I love someone? I am not going to negate that love due to age unless it is illegal. I mean people have prejudices within prejudices within prejudices. And they are all contrived to say I am ok and better than you by my own self admission. And because you don't conform you are beneath me. That is the problem with Pride, it goes before destruction. And to be as arrogant as most women are about the age thing is an admission of jealousy, hate, selfishness and self centeredness. They just want it all and don't want you to have anything in the interim. Sort of like one woman hating another because you like her shoes or all the guys are around her. It's petty, filthy personalities like those that I deliberately avoid and the reason most men choose younger women to begin with. No one wants an hateful, jealous, cantankerous, over bearing customer banging on the counter at customer service. And these women who do this, are just slanderously demanding service and have absolutely nothing to offer but demands that you accept them as they are in their old aged, haggard and decrepit no personality state.
 Renda
Msg: 378
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 9/6/2007 11:18:18 AM
I usually end up with men six to ten years younger. I do not choose them. They choose me. It seems to work. I have been dating a man ten years my junior for about a year and one half now. He has feelings for me and is very sweet and kind and I like him a lot. I do not love him, whatever that means. Maybe someday I will change my mind. I do not think age makes too much of a difference. I do swim a lot though and watch what I eat, work, and try my best to do my best with what I have. That could make a difference. I also have a very young attitude and energy level.
 Theonly1!
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 11:33:03 AM
Dear OP,

Why don't you worry about what you're looking for and let other people worry about what they want. It's their preference. No one tells you who you should prefer.
 NatGoat
Msg: 380
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:04:52 PM
Younger is not 'Better' . .
Attraction and Chemistry is Better . . no matter What the ages are . . !
- The Invitation is Open . . !! -
 MIKE4001
Msg: 381
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:29:39 PM
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better??

I have found that woman my age ( 40ish) are mostly jaded by an earlier relationship or are just not intersested in having a long term serious relationship...The ones that I have dated are very demanding and set in thier ways......Younger women (around 30) are just more open minded and easier to get along with.........I would like to date around my age but I think I have wasted more than enough time with that venture....
 loyal T
Msg: 382
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:33:04 PM
Ironically, sometimes younger men think older women are better as well. I won't say how I have been approached by those in their later 20's or early to mid 30's now. I see quickly WHY they show the interest. I don't feel age is the real factor though, they fail to see it's how much the woman may have " been around the block" regardless of her age. (for the record, those that approached me got a thanks anyway, but no thanks reply). I tell those that think the age gap is appealing I am looking for common interest in more than what they seek. They make no secret about what they are after.
 Zeyphr
Msg: 383
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:57:23 PM
I don't think I have ever met a man who thinks older women are better. Ever. I think a lot of women use this as a sale pitch to make men give them a second look when they are mummified and likened to beef jerky. Its' why older women pull the camera far away and start using fog lenses and puff up the girls for the photo. To lure men in through subterfuge. If they had only developed personalities, given a decent guy a chance when they were young, given a decent guy a chance and grown old together gracefully, they wouldn't be so desperate for that same frivolous attention in their twilight years that they frolicked and flaunted in your face when they were fickle, air headed cheerleaders full of fruits when they were younger. No one like that gets any sympathy from me. But now if she was a good girl and her husband died or she was the victim of a a s s of a man and is older and still wanting the decent guy. Those deserve all the blessings and consideration a fella can muster.
 *UltimateHeartSurgeon*
Msg: 384
Posted: 9/6/2007 1:42:38 PM
There are attractive women of all ages out there.

But from my observation, very very few women over 40 age well. Most people in general, men as well as women, just don't take care of themselves.

The average 19 year old who is hot doesn't have to work very hard to be hot. The average 40 year old who used to be hot has to work her ass off to not fall off the wagon in her advanced age.

And they all want the same men. Good looking men with money and good careers. No women really cares if ugly men or fat men or undesirable men look at age as a barrier, they care when the men they want don't want them back.

A guy with good looks and cash and a solid career has choices. All things being equal, that man will pick the younger women. I don't know why women get so pissed off about it. Older women were young once, they had their chance, their moment to be in the prime of their lives, now it's over and thats ok. Most of you ladies had a good 10-15 years in your prime in the spotlight. Now you are reduced to guest starring roles, so do what men have always had to do and just pipe down and suck it up and deal.

Younger women are not "better", they are often more desirable to the men most older women want.

Plenty of men don't think "younger women are better" it's just that most of you ladies don't want those guys.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 2:05:11 PM
Wish sumbuddy would 'splain to me exactly why it matters? Some do, some don't. Same goes for the wimmins. And who exactly is it that gives a rat's azz? Why not just let peeps alone to dig (or not) their own graves? Can't figure out why it's worth one breath or one keystroke.

NatGoat
Msg: 386
Posted: 9/6/2007 2:15:35 PM
^^..Lots of Wasted Keystrokes . . But . . C'est la vie . . !!!
I'm not Picky . . A Pretty Lady is just Fine . .
* Whatever her Age . . !! *
 notard
Msg: 387
Posted: 9/6/2007 2:33:01 PM
I prefer young, healthy, attractive and fertile appearing women because as a male I am genetically programmed to do so. I am supposed to maintain such a preference and I cheerfully comply. I need make no apologies for this preference. It is simply the way it is in life.
 Zeyphr
Msg: 388
Posted: 9/6/2007 2:42:42 PM
I stand corrected wooby, and I surrender the floor to wisdom greater than mine. In a word, I concur.
 papa-joe
Msg: 389
Posted: 9/6/2007 2:49:18 PM
For me, the age isn't important. It's whether we fit as a couple.
 birdybabe
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 4:37:16 PM
I see both sides in this... and personally, as the usually "younger" woman, I like my men under 40 I'm 27)... though would go as old as 48 if it were a casual affair (and older men are the best to have casual affairs with- so respectful and better lovers!) .

I think that there are serious generational and life-stage issues with most guys who are more than 15 years my senior. Probably more than 10. I am staying in great shape now, and frankly don't want to be a healthy energetic 45 year old involved with a 65 year old who is going downhill fast....

The reason why older men like younger women is younger women aren't as jaded, cynical, or out of shape. Younger women tend to have better attitudes towards men in general, they tend to be less depressed, and often lack the burdens of exhusbands and kids.

Men have parenting and nurturing instincts. I am not entirely unconvinced that sometimes these aren't displaced onto younger women, when maybe these guys should be joining civic organizations where they can mentor younger people. Biologically, testosterone levels decrease after a certain age, and sex for men changes...

I think that if older women stayed in shape, had better attitudes, and less drama... then they would totally beat out the "young gals" for these older men. Younger women are, as any older man usually learns, immature, somewhat flakey, not entirely committed, and still growing up. Thus, the older woman who keeps herself looking good and has a great attitude can totally compete with the younger crowd-- and then some!

Just my thoughts....
 birdybabe
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2007 4:38:33 PM
oh ya- ps-- and older women are supposedly better in bed and better communicators, from what I've heard! lol
 Lixiette
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2007 1:43:26 AM

Age has absolutely jack shi* to do with being a good communicator and being good in bed.

I'm of the same opinion. I've seen 40 year olds get sloshed and talk like teenage girls in bars in order to get attention. Maturity isn't something gained with age.

As for why men like younger chicks... I loved the novel Lolita, as twisted as it was. Those of you who've read the book will understand when I say that the general sexual interest in youth has to do with the overpowering of innocence.
 NatGoat
Msg: 393
Posted: 9/7/2007 3:31:22 PM
Opinions . . like Tastes . . Vary . . !
Maturity has more of an impression on Me . . No Matter what her 'Age' . . !!!
 Sunworship1960
Msg: 394
Posted: 9/8/2007 2:51:29 AM
Great topic. If you changed one word in that title and inserted youthful for younger this would be a non question. And you could reverse the genders assigned roles and have the same outcome. As a quadragenerian from the Paleozoic era I have my own take on this matter. I spent time with women from their mid teens to early thirties while I was in my teens. I spent time with women from their late teens to mid forties while I was in my twenties. I spent time with women from their early twenties to their early fifties when in my thirties. In my declining years I've dated women from their mid twenties to their late fifties. This year I've danced to so many songs in a row with a stunning 58 yr old woman that I looked like Moses Malone in the '83 finals (ask a basketball fan) and she was fine. And I've had a 32 yr old that wouldn't trip the light fantastic to Nickelback. Go figure. Most of my serious, monogamous relationships have been with women fairly close in age to my own. I know that in virtually all facets of my life, I function better, usually much better then I did when younger. I know myself better. I'm more empathetic. I know more stuff then I used to(the percentage of it that is useless, 94% hasn't changed though) Best of all I'm the most comfortable I've ever been with myself in life. And I would say women as they age generally feel those ways also . Less angst is a real good thing! As other posters(and myself) bring up there are, of course, exceptions to our generalizations. For me to consider a monogamous relationship with a woman- I need to find them attractive ( a slight bow to youth here, however there are many gorgeous women in my age range as well), they need to know what they want out of life/me ( a rout in favor of the older women), they need to be responsible about finances ( another win for the cougars) , they need to communicate well (generally favors age), they need to have values similar to mine( edge to experience), they need interests(some, not all) similar to mine(a tie, because I'm kind of juvie in this area), they need to stimulate me intellectually( nothing beats a stacked mind!) That is pretty age indiscriminate. And they best be willing to dance to Nickelback. That's a dealbreaker!
 MIKE4001
Msg: 395
Posted: 9/8/2007 4:31:38 PM
As long as she don't throw SH** at me I'll be one happy man
 ipfreak
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 4:33:03 PM
hmmm, good question.

btw, have you heard of an english word called "fertile"?
 Bob231150
Msg: 397
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:04:27 PM
Here is what I've observed....women who have been on their own for several years become very independent and don't want to "settle"...sorry guys but NONE of us are good enough. Now younger guys are a fantasy for some women...I see lots of profiles specifying men at least 10 years younger....so what is it these women want...pretty obvious, and it's not a relationship with someone who has a similar background or who even was born when they graduated university! Now let's talk about younger women....have chatted with a couple very young women (no I didn't date them! their dad's would have killed me)...younger women are simpler...they like fun, sex, and booze. No complexity, no settling....just fun. But guys, if you get involved be prepared for the fact that this is just fun...don't get attached.
 NatGoat
Msg: 398
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:29:45 PM
If people grew to be 1,000 years old, like a tree . . or a Hundred Million years old ...like a mountain . . then a few Dozen years mean Nothing . . !
Youth, as Age, bring their special qualities . . dependant on how they are Maintained . . !!!
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:29:46 PM
I have been on other dating sites and have tried contacting a man that is older than me and been told many a time that I was "to old" for them. They were all looking for a chic in their early 20's who were bi-sexual.

As for me looking for a younger man... I dated a guy that was 21 when I was 31 and that was enough for me. The youngest I will go is 4 to 5 years younger than me. At least this way he would still have something in common with me and remember the 80's first hand and not something he has read about and because the music is getting popular again.....lol
 Zeyphr
Msg: 400
Posted: 9/10/2007 5:05:33 PM

I guess some men want to feel younger and fell like they are not getting old!

Once again I don't get it. I mean people shuffle ideologies around like a deck of cards. On the one hand we have that men are visual creatures stimulated by the whole aesthetics of women. That is why women come out of their clothes or wear enhancements. To accentuate and bring attention to those specific areas of their anatomy. Then all of a sudden as if by magic and changing horses in mid stream. We are these creatures trying to live vicariously through the youth of someone half our age. So let me ask this question. When in the process did we go from drooling lustful Neanderthal to devious and scientific manipulator to propagate our species? One minute we want sex as a means to a selfish end the next we are looking to perpetuate our specific lineage and seeking the suitable female in Aryan fashion.

The bottom line is a simple as Pavlov's dog. We see a female, our heads turn in orchestrated unison and the eyes are full of adultery. What could be less complex? We see a s s, we like a s s we want ass. I mean other wise we look at her face and eyes and think, 'Hmmmm she would be a good one to bear kids.' This I find highly unlikely. Usually it someone who is fun, exciting, engaging, pretty and pretty cool. I don't think there are many guys out there scheming to live forever through the youth of a relationship with a young woman. Sort of like that Jethro Tull song 'Aqua Lung'

'Sitting on a park bench, eying all the girls in padded panties.
Snot running down his nose, greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
Sitting in the cold sun, watching as the pretty panties run.'

Where I come from they have a term for it. Vagina. When a guy is getting married most of what passes for men around here say, "you are only gonna have one vagina for the rest of your life? Man that is going to be torture." So I do not subscribe to the above mentioned quote. Sounds like Planet Woody Allen. I just don't think it gets that much cerebral attention.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???