Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bona dea
Msg: 401
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 17 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
^^^^ Well thats crap I can tell you that!

Age has absolutely jack shi* to do with being a good communicator and being good in bed.

Mature (meaning emotionally developed) people may good in bed and good communicators but they can be 29 or 59.... age doesnt matter....

Men like young girls for the same reason they buy poser's cars - it gets them noticed and makes them feel good about themselves...
Ego trippers everywhere...
 Lixiette
Msg: 402
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 9/7/2007 1:43:26 AM

Age has absolutely jack shi* to do with being a good communicator and being good in bed.

I'm of the same opinion. I've seen 40 year olds get sloshed and talk like teenage girls in bars in order to get attention. Maturity isn't something gained with age.

As for why men like younger chicks... I loved the novel Lolita, as twisted as it was. Those of you who've read the book will understand when I say that the general sexual interest in youth has to do with the overpowering of innocence.
 NatGoat
Msg: 403
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 9/7/2007 3:31:22 PM
Opinions . . like Tastes . . Vary . . !
Maturity has more of an impression on Me . . No Matter what her 'Age' . . !!!
 Sunworship1960
Msg: 404
Posted: 9/8/2007 2:51:29 AM
Great topic. If you changed one word in that title and inserted youthful for younger this would be a non question. And you could reverse the genders assigned roles and have the same outcome. As a quadragenerian from the Paleozoic era I have my own take on this matter. I spent time with women from their mid teens to early thirties while I was in my teens. I spent time with women from their late teens to mid forties while I was in my twenties. I spent time with women from their early twenties to their early fifties when in my thirties. In my declining years I've dated women from their mid twenties to their late fifties. This year I've danced to so many songs in a row with a stunning 58 yr old woman that I looked like Moses Malone in the '83 finals (ask a basketball fan) and she was fine. And I've had a 32 yr old that wouldn't trip the light fantastic to Nickelback. Go figure. Most of my serious, monogamous relationships have been with women fairly close in age to my own. I know that in virtually all facets of my life, I function better, usually much better then I did when younger. I know myself better. I'm more empathetic. I know more stuff then I used to(the percentage of it that is useless, 94% hasn't changed though) Best of all I'm the most comfortable I've ever been with myself in life. And I would say women as they age generally feel those ways also . Less angst is a real good thing! As other posters(and myself) bring up there are, of course, exceptions to our generalizations. For me to consider a monogamous relationship with a woman- I need to find them attractive ( a slight bow to youth here, however there are many gorgeous women in my age range as well), they need to know what they want out of life/me ( a rout in favor of the older women), they need to be responsible about finances ( another win for the cougars) , they need to communicate well (generally favors age), they need to have values similar to mine( edge to experience), they need interests(some, not all) similar to mine(a tie, because I'm kind of juvie in this area), they need to stimulate me intellectually( nothing beats a stacked mind!) That is pretty age indiscriminate. And they best be willing to dance to Nickelback. That's a dealbreaker!
 MIKE4001
Msg: 405
Posted: 9/8/2007 4:31:38 PM
As long as she don't throw SH** at me I'll be one happy man
 ipfreak
Msg: 406
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 4:33:03 PM
hmmm, good question.

btw, have you heard of an english word called "fertile"?
 Bob231150
Msg: 407
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:04:27 PM
Here is what I've observed....women who have been on their own for several years become very independent and don't want to "settle"...sorry guys but NONE of us are good enough. Now younger guys are a fantasy for some women...I see lots of profiles specifying men at least 10 years younger....so what is it these women want...pretty obvious, and it's not a relationship with someone who has a similar background or who even was born when they graduated university! Now let's talk about younger women....have chatted with a couple very young women (no I didn't date them! their dad's would have killed me)...younger women are simpler...they like fun, sex, and booze. No complexity, no settling....just fun. But guys, if you get involved be prepared for the fact that this is just fun...don't get attached.
 NatGoat
Msg: 408
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:29:45 PM
If people grew to be 1,000 years old, like a tree . . or a Hundred Million years old ...like a mountain . . then a few Dozen years mean Nothing . . !
Youth, as Age, bring their special qualities . . dependant on how they are Maintained . . !!!
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:29:46 PM
I have been on other dating sites and have tried contacting a man that is older than me and been told many a time that I was "to old" for them. They were all looking for a chic in their early 20's who were bi-sexual.

As for me looking for a younger man... I dated a guy that was 21 when I was 31 and that was enough for me. The youngest I will go is 4 to 5 years younger than me. At least this way he would still have something in common with me and remember the 80's first hand and not something he has read about and because the music is getting popular again.....lol
 Zeyphr
Msg: 410
Posted: 9/10/2007 5:05:33 PM

I guess some men want to feel younger and fell like they are not getting old!

Once again I don't get it. I mean people shuffle ideologies around like a deck of cards. On the one hand we have that men are visual creatures stimulated by the whole aesthetics of women. That is why women come out of their clothes or wear enhancements. To accentuate and bring attention to those specific areas of their anatomy. Then all of a sudden as if by magic and changing horses in mid stream. We are these creatures trying to live vicariously through the youth of someone half our age. So let me ask this question. When in the process did we go from drooling lustful Neanderthal to devious and scientific manipulator to propagate our species? One minute we want sex as a means to a selfish end the next we are looking to perpetuate our specific lineage and seeking the suitable female in Aryan fashion.

The bottom line is a simple as Pavlov's dog. We see a female, our heads turn in orchestrated unison and the eyes are full of adultery. What could be less complex? We see a s s, we like a s s we want ass. I mean other wise we look at her face and eyes and think, 'Hmmmm she would be a good one to bear kids.' This I find highly unlikely. Usually it someone who is fun, exciting, engaging, pretty and pretty cool. I don't think there are many guys out there scheming to live forever through the youth of a relationship with a young woman. Sort of like that Jethro Tull song 'Aqua Lung'

'Sitting on a park bench, eying all the girls in padded panties.
Snot running down his nose, greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
Sitting in the cold sun, watching as the pretty panties run.'

Where I come from they have a term for it. Vagina. When a guy is getting married most of what passes for men around here say, "you are only gonna have one vagina for the rest of your life? Man that is going to be torture." So I do not subscribe to the above mentioned quote. Sounds like Planet Woody Allen. I just don't think it gets that much cerebral attention.
 equus2
Msg: 411
Posted: 9/10/2007 5:39:53 PM
For me, I would prefer a younger woman for reasons I didn't see mentioned: I am 44 years old and have never been married. I would like to have a family. This site is loaded with "Divorced, Have children, Don't want children" women. Frankly, while I am the same age as many of these women, we are on the opposite sides of the spectrum in our life stages, not in terms of physical or psychological maturity, but simply in terms of our family aspirations.
 Take_a_Lap!
Msg: 412
Posted: 9/12/2007 11:41:32 PM
Well, well, well! equus2! I guy with the same reasons and aspirations as me. Hang in there guy!
 Telepylus
Msg: 413
Posted: 9/13/2007 12:02:21 AM
there are things that make older women better
and things that make younger women better

so that is why

and what is ugly is when people cannot accept the simple truth of things, like nature.
an older woman is going to be better for one reason, Wisdom.
a younger woman is better for a different reason, the Virtue of Youth.

it is bad when women deny the Virtue of Youth just because they themselves are no longer youthful.
find the virtue in your wisdom.

for example, after a woman turns "baby-having age"
whether she has a baby or not doesn't matter, she's at the age where naturally it's time for her to shift her focus from outwardly being a child, to inwardly raising the world's children.
and men too.
this is the natural honest wholesome order of all life, and those who don't recognize it are not respecting wisdom, they are ignoring IT.

i love wise old women, they're my favorite, and because i'm a wise old man.
that doesn't change the fact that infants and toddlers and tweens and preteens and teens and young adults still have the virtue of youth that is beautiful and worthy of all our loving attention.

So please tell me...what is it with some women that think younger men are better???
lol
younger men are such dorks!!!
 ManeRider
Msg: 414
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2007 12:10:37 AM
2 years running and 412 msessages later, I'm piping in

The bottom line is a simple as Pavlov's dog. We see a female, our heads turn in orchestrated unison and the eyes are full of adultery. What could be less complex? We see a s s, we like a s s we want ass. I mean other wise we look at her face and eyes and think, 'Hmmmm she would be a good one to bear kids.' This I find highly unlikely. Usually it someone who is fun, exciting, engaging, pretty and pretty cool. I don't think there are many guys out there scheming to live forever through the youth of a relationship with a young woman. Sort of like that Jethro Tull song 'Aqua Lung'

Bro, you couldn't be more right.

I hearby resign my pen
 Bbbashful
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2007 5:43:43 AM

...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???

I was looking for someone to share my activities with who is close to my age but I wasn't having any luck. Even the POF personality matches are mostly younger women who are 10 to 15 years younger.

I really don't understand why this is.
 blueskyer1980
Msg: 416
Posted: 9/13/2007 6:08:57 AM
Younger women are more beautiful, energitic, passional?? Maybe. It is just my thought. Cuz recently I am on a dating site meetrich.com, there are quite a few young girls and ladies. Frankly, they are really more attractive. I find my new girlfriend there. LOL

Sorry, I just spoke our what i think.
 blueskyer1980
Msg: 417
Posted: 9/13/2007 6:09:09 AM
Younger women are more beautiful, energitic, passional?? Maybe. It is just my thought. Cuz recently I am on a dating site meetrich.com, there are quite a few young girls and ladies. Frankly, they are really more attractive. I find my new girlfriend there. LOL

Sorry, I just spoke out what i think.
 camancheman
Msg: 418
Posted: 9/13/2007 8:00:35 AM
Myself, age is not a big factor. This is a touchy chat because at a certain age, people start to see they are getting older, not able to do as well as before. Not all mind you, but some. Then they are out in the dating world, remembering what it was like before to date. Then they realize it isn't the same world out there and it seems more difficult. They look around and see men (and women) stating their preferences of the age they would like. Personally, I don't look at the men's (lol) but I have noticed that alot of women look for someone younger men than them. Again some, not all. I've questioned this myself. Is it for looks, sexual, or what? What you say of making one feel younger can do here as well. I think it is a personal thing for each of us, not wanting to accept our aging. Or for some, maybe they want a younger man or woman thinking that they will preform better in bed. I know that isn't a fact... Who knows. We all have our own reasons.
 ANGELPS
Msg: 419
Posted: 9/13/2007 8:02:28 AM
A male friend told ,me because they are tighter...there skin is tighter and softer....and they are purer...no sags, wrinkles,.....
 camancheman
Msg: 420
Posted: 9/13/2007 8:13:42 AM
Well there is a point to what you say angelps. Take a look at your average women's mags., they always have young skinny and beautiful women on there. You never see a woman past 30-35 and even then, that is rare. Most are hardly out of their teens. This is what we have become, what our tastes look for I guess. Personally I look at these "girls" and see starvation and what they have to go through JUST to get the chance to be in the book. It is a tough and terrible thing they have to do to succeed. My daughter is slender like that, and she hadthe chance to model. I told her no..."You don't want to go through that". Once I explained thisto her, she changed her mind. There was a movie out years back about this and it was absolutely horrifying to me. Anyway, back to the topic. It is the general feeling of men and women BOTH that they want what the man mentioned to you. And to the young lady above that said because we want to be seen with a younger woman. THAT my dear is NOT true. I don't look for a prize to show off to the world, I look for who can be happy with me and I her. Whether older or young, THAT is the main purpose and goal. In fact, I am seeing one now that is 12 years younger than me, we have NO problem with this ourselves. And she is the lady in my heart, not to be shown off like you say. (Not that she couldn't be...lol)
 wild heart
Msg: 421
Posted: 11/6/2007 9:44:39 AM
I understand the reason older men like younger women. Believe me I do. We all want to remain young.

My father has been there done that. He also had a child at 40. His advice? Rarely does it work out between an older man and younger woman. Nor is it all that great to have a child at 40.

I am personally looking for someone around my age (I find 7 years younger pushing it for me) - but rarely do I ever meet men I am interested in around my age online. I get a ton of views and chats from men who are out of my age range. In person, however I do meet alot of men my age. I know what age range I like, having dated both ends of the spectrum.

My father's and my view: What do you have in common with someone with a 20 year or even in some cases 10 year age difference? Eventually the rosy part of the dating wears off and you are left with reality.

As for children, while medical science has come a long way to ensuring safe births for older women, I would not want to be "old" and too tired to do something with my child. Which is exactly what my father told me. He and I agreed it was not fair to the child.

So here we have a ton of men in their late 30's and beyond wanting to have children, but not able to find a woman to do so. They meet a younger woman, but they cannot connect with her. They meet an older woman, but she does not want to have children. I am sure that there are women out there who are the same. In the past two years, I had to re-consider this, and I did some serious thinking and made a choice/compromise. Seems to me some people need to do the same.

Now, I don't think it is wrong for a couple to decide to have children in their 40's as they are free to do as they wish and I would never think them wrong for their choice, but my personal opinion is as above. I congratulate and am happy for any friends of mine who decide to go that route.

This does not include fostering or adoption, as one can adopt or foster an older child.
 cyn3100
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2007 2:55:03 AM
I think it's wanting whatever they think they can't have. When most guys were teenagers, they fantasized about college girls, pin up poster images of adult actresses, their french teacher or their best friend's hot Mom. Once guys get older, it's girls so young getting them would be a miracle!

Right now, it's en vogue for younger men to seek out older women, the Demi/Aston syndrome. Europeans have been doing that for centuries.
 cupholder
Msg: 423
Posted: 11/7/2007 8:01:41 AM
Irony overload.

Hmm, I wonder. Let's browse some female profiles.

Oh look, a majority of them want -their age- to +10 years above them. Gee, I wonder... Could older men be after younger women..... gasp... because younger women are after older men?

INCONCEIVABLE!
 A-New-Beginning
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2007 8:19:20 AM
I'll save you some time and energy on this post. Younger, Older, we just don't care much either way men are interested in better looking. In fact in my opinion I think what would make most men happy is if we can find a woman you is attractive and treats us right, once we find that we just say to hell with this rat race.
 BK2008
Msg: 425
Posted: 3/8/2008 10:35:47 AM
Well, if this site is a true indication, older woman, 50 and above, are brain damaged, bitter, picky to the point of paranoia, tired, set in their ways, flabby, wrinkled, not open to new interests, chock full of serious issues and personality disorders....need I go on?

Young women want to live and experience life. The old ones are done living life and "have one foot in the grave." They are looking for a "fantasy man" hoping he will make them forget how horrible a person they've become.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???