Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RkyMtnSnowflake
Msg: 501
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Hey, I've dated guys 12 yrs younger and 12 yrs older. It doesn't really matter to me anymore. I used to think the guy had to be at least 2 yrs older...but I found out how "high schoolish" this thinking process is. As long as you have things in common and there is that chemistry...then all goes well.
 Darxman
Msg: 502
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:44:38 PM
Well...

I'm 30..and I dont see myself having another kid or two until I'm 35. If I had to choose between a 25 y/0 and a 35 y/0, I'm going with the 25 y/o. With the 35 y/o, I would feel like I have a smaller window of time to work with when it comes to having kids in comparsion to the 25 y/o.

Outside of the kid issue....I'm past the dating older women phase of life. Most of the time with older women it's pretty much been there, done that where as with younger women it's all about new adventure to share.

Now for me...under 21 is too young. The fresh out of high school thing is my thing,
 Darxman
Msg: 503
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:47:03 PM
oops..the fresh out of high school IS NOT my thing.
 canaryrider
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:57:16 PM
Without reading beyond your 1st sentence, I just feel that I have to say, as a 60yr going on 40 male ((notice I did NOT say old! ), does age really matter in relation to "connection"? IMO, the less tv one watches, the more "together" they will be.

I will go back & read your total post!

P.A.X.

G-Dawg
 canaryrider
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:00:38 PM
Dude,

I look at ALL women as being hotties, albeit, some more than others...but that is my sunshine on this planet...females! Damn! Luv 'em! Luv to luv 'em!

Bring on the '48 -= 65' 'rs

P.A.X.
 dreamcatcher39
Msg: 506
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:29:39 PM

My point precisely, only the typical aging women effects dont' include balding. If I found a woman my age, who wasn't wrinkled as a prune, who could, like I do, wear the same size clothes she fit in in high school, and who didn't have closets full of cobwebs from previous relationships, the propensity of data would suggest she's already taken.

I know what you mean Mane. If i could find a man my age that didnt appear to have eaten about two too many Thanksgiving dinners,actually had cheeks instead of jowls,and whose words matched his actions i just might overlook the old bald spot. Alas,i just dont think that is to be. So in the mean time i just date the younger men, its a tough row to hoe but someones got to do it. The maturity level is often lacking,but, the scenery is nice.
 HappyTree22
Msg: 507
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:57:40 PM
A guy will probably sleep with the best he can get.

A guy will commit to the best he can get.

"The Best" is all relative. The more he has to offer, the more physically attractive a woman he can get and retain.

Is physically attraction all a guy desires from a woman? No. But it's usually the factor that will lead him to get to know a woman better to glean her personality and character and charm, if she has any.

I think lots of older women, late 40s to early 50s, finally figure out they were lied to. Society told them they could have it all. A powerful career, sexual liberation, fun, a great family and a giant home and a Prince on a white horse coming to sweep her off her feet. All the parts of themselves they thought were important, or important in their view, was just smoke and mirrors to the reality that most women trade on their beauty and youth and fertility and for a woman clocking late 40s to early 50s, now all that is probably gone.

It's probably quite daunting for older women. The few select men they really want can and do date younger women. They have the desirable status to have wider dating options. The men who are left are either single for a reason or have undesirable situations or already taken or gay. Even the men these women don't want usually don't want these women either. That has to be a blow. After a couple of decades of being able to trade youth and beauty, well relatively, to get free stuff and free dinner and attention from men they knew they were never going to sleep with has dried up too.

Most men, desirable and undesirable alike, don't think less of older women. They just don't think about them at all. That's what bugs older women. Most of them have lost their youth and beauty and are no longer relevant.

I see the sad song played out so often by women. Claiming greater maturity and understanding and being reasonable and having a more saavy view of life and dating and what men want. Guess what ladies? Those would be great things for most women to do BEFORE they were forced into those kind of viewpoints simply by society deeming them less desirable with each passing year. Case in point, no man is impressed when a really fat girl is nice. What choice does she have? She can't trade on her looks, she has to trade on her personality. In the same way, most men aren't that impressed when an older woman claims more maturity and reason and understanding as selling points to men they want. What choice do you have? You should be smarter about relationships and how to deal with men as you get older with experience. It's expected as a baseline, not a bonus. Yet again, another example of most women trying to celebrate something that society expects them to do anyway.

Ladies, the hard cold truth is this, most women have a very very narrow window of time to trade on that youth and beauty to find the best long term mate possible. You either make the most of that time or you waste it. Find me an older broken down woman who is single and pining for a date and I'll show you someone who probably wasted it. Always? No, there are exceptions to every rule, but most people out there aren't the exceptions. But likely? I suspect so.

Younger women aren't better just because they are usually better looking, they are often seen as more desirable by desirable men with status because they haven't proved they have wasted their youth yet.

Not all of you older ladies out there can say that much.
 Tinkerbell201
Msg: 508
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:47:35 PM
Heck, I suspect younger men are better too!! lol
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 509
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:58:27 PM
It is VERY sad! I still see it as nature having achieved it's goal,
namely the women having had offspring. Like the salmon having
achieved it's goal of swimming and spawning up stream and
then dying! Nature could care less! It's us, that has some idea
there should be compassion or fairness!

On another note! There is some divine justice in this. I think of all the
men that women ignored, simply because there was no attraction, and
I can't blame them! But now the tables have turned! And you can't
blame the men! Genetics govern much of what creates attraction,
and it stands to reason that men are thus naturally attracted to younger
women.
 mm143
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 10:08:05 PM
i think some men dont want to get old so being around and dateing young er women
make them feel younger
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 511
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:30:51 PM
Ladies, the hard cold truth is this, most women have a very very narrow window of time to trade on that youth and beauty to find the best long term mate possible. You either make the most of that time or you waste it. Find me an older broken down woman who is single and pining for a date and I'll show you someone who probably wasted it. Always? No, there are exceptions to every rule, but most people out there aren't the exceptions. But likely? I suspect so.

Well Son, let me fill you in just a tad on the cold/hard truth. My son is three years younger than you and has the wisdom of YODA if compared to you (in case you don't know who Yoda is, rent Star Wars, he's the wise little hairy dude with a brain/insight/intelligence and the common sense to keep his mouth shut when he's likely going to say something stupid.) Does your Mother know you have so little regard for women in general? I'm embarrassed for her. I'll bet she tried to raise you to respect ALL women. If she didn't shame on you both.

Younger women aren't better just because they are usually better looking, they are often seen as more desirable by desirable men with status because they haven't proved they have wasted their youth yet.

Not all of you older ladies out there can say that much.

I wasted my youth on azzholes and jerks. God it's great to get old.
 The Glock Man
Msg: 512
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:45:01 PM

I wasted my youth on azzholes and jerks. God it's great to get old.

VGE some people feel they have to fumble at the key board and type furiously because they feel typing lots makes up for not having anything to say, the long and short end of it is we all get old regardless of gender.Some will age with grace others will grow even more stupid and arrogant then they already are.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 513
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:58:57 PM
What fascinating answers!
What I learned reading all these posts:

1) Many people agree that anyone can love regardless of age. Live and let live -- amen!
2) People who see others enjoying themselves... just be happy for them. Jealousy or bitterness never helps anybody.
 Flutterbyblue
Msg: 514
Posted: 10/17/2008 4:48:35 AM
Duh..... Have you seen the bodies on 22 yr. old chicks????
Men are stimulated visually. They cant help it.
If thats what floats their boat, then have at it.
More power to em'...
Live and let live, ya know...
 dreamcatcher39
Msg: 515
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:03:47 AM

Most of them have lost their youth and beauty and are no longer relevant.

Just wondering if you have told your mother lately that she is irrelavant.

Find me an older broken down woman who is single and pining for a date

I know quite a few late 40s and 50s women, i dont know any that are pining for a date. Actually in most cases they could care less about a date. They are out enjoying there lives. Whether the means to enjoy there lives came from all that free stuff and free dinners they received when younger, or whether it came from generous divorce settlements or from their own careers. The kids have left home, no whining husband around who wants to be taken care of. For once in their lives they are free to enjoy themselves, whether some man finds them relevant in a sexual way or not, is not important to them, cause he probably cant give them anything they dont already have anyway.
 c_deacon
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:13:06 AM
Isn't it nice when we do not need anything other than equality of companionship???......

OT.......I can not speak for all men, but I can speak for me and my personal experience, and that is that age is not the main requirement for dating and a connection, but rather, attraction that forms into a mutual chemistry for both.

I have met and dated women both younger and older, and it was never the date on their birth certificate that mattered, but the quality of their character that is attached to a body that attracted me in the first place. What kept me coming back for more was the total package, and that has little to do with age, and much more to do with maintaining what you have had all along.

Just my opinion........
 javalover_53
Msg: 517
Posted: 10/17/2008 12:55:42 PM
Hey flutterbyblue.......All a 22 year old chick has to do to remind men of that age variance and the other obvious differences is when she opens her mouth....to speak. The deal is now over...lol.

A mature woman with wisdom ...anyday....is far better than the "body of a 22 year old".
 BGSU
Msg: 518
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:07:39 PM
I have found that most women in there 50’s, (where I live) got married in their late teens and stayed at home while their husband supported them. All they did was: take care of kids/grand kids and the house (barefoot and pregnant); watched TV; let themselves go and got old.

When I try to talk to them about what has gone on in the world or anything else, they have to rely on what they remember for an episode of Oprah. Most of them never had a job since high school. They still live in the same town that they were born in and never left (they did move down the street). As far a wisdom goes, some may think they have it, but I highly question it.

I have done a lot in my life (including teaching a few college courses) and have worked in many cities throughout the USA and in a third world county. So, I have very little in common with women of my chronological age where I now live, except how long we both have been alive and the fact that we both eat, sleep and sh_t.

Younger women are of a newer generation, who have different ideas about life than the women who are in their 50’s. I met a young lady the other day that just got out of basic training in Texas. It has been along time since I went through it, but we had a nice long talk about it and she wanted to see me this Saturday night. As far as intelligence goes (as a post has previously mentioned), I have found that younger women either have, are or want to improve their education, where as, women my chronological age where I now live are just happy taking care of their grandchildren and haven’t had, don’t have and will never have any desire to improve their education. Since I’ve been around younger people most of my life, I can relate to them better than the women my chronological age where I now live.

Also, I have found that most women of my chronological age are on the decline, where as, I am still growing better and improving myself and I always will until the day I drop. I still have many mountains that I want to clime and challenges in life that I want to meet. I haven’t made my first million yet and I haven’t ran for President yet. I may never meet some of my challenges, but at least I’m going to continue to try while I’m alive. Remember, the word "Can't", is a four letter word that is not in my vocabulary

I have the zest for life of someone in their 30’s, the body of someone in their 40’s and have chronologically been alive for 50+ years.

So, I have very little in common with women where I live who are of my chronological age except we could talk about where we were when JFK died, but I have no interest in that.

In closing, let me remind you what the title of this Thread is: “So please tell me...what is it with (SOME) men that think younger women are better???” I do not in any way speak for anyone but myself. This was a question and some men are trying to answer the question. However, some people on this thread sound like they think that this is a vote on what should be normal. We all know what the norm is (You HAVE TO date someone your own age!), so why keep on repeating it?

Hopefully, some women (and men) will learn something from this thread and realize that everyone in this world is a deviant in some way or form because there are no real norms in this world.

Some people are extremely concerned about keeping up with the Jones next door, I have never been. Some people do stuff because they have to feel that they fit in. A lot of people are no more than a rubber stamp. Believe me, they broke the mold when I was born. I don't want to be like everyone else, I want to be me!
 Sweetenuff074
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:57:49 PM
The bottom line is some men think younger women are better because they have a right to their opinion.

I say if she contributes to your happiness, noone is hurt in the process, and it's legally okay for you to be with her, be happy.
 blueangel33
Msg: 520
Posted: 10/19/2008 4:32:38 AM
i dont think women look at teenage boys, that sounds ridiculous. ive never ever. infact i try to avoid the teenagers..

It does sound rediculous, I 'll leave the younger boys to the school mams, they seem to go for that,
I never liked dating anyone younger than my sons, but have a couple of times,

I go for younger men because that is what I am attractive to and seems to be the ones who want to date me.
Actually I date who I feel comfortable with, many men my age have one foot in the grave, "not to offend anyone, I still have a zest for life,
I do think the older guys date young because it makes them feel so much younger and is an ego boost.
My self I try and pick a younger guy who looks older than his age,,if that makes sense.
It's like an older guy that's still got it...
My 2 c
 *Bulldog*
Msg: 521
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:06:39 AM
The one thing I don't get is that, according to some men, how many I don't know, women 15 and 20 years younger are interested in them. This is something I can't figure out. Fifteen and 20 years ago I was not interested in men in their 50's.

Many (most) women marry for power, prestige, money, and security -- older men are more likely to bring those to the table than a guy in their twenties or early thirties. Also, men's looks don't fade as easily: not only can older men look vital and youthful, but even the lines of age often give an older man a handsome and dignified look. Furthermore, an older man will tend to fit the maturity level of a younger girl. Girls almost always date a guy a few years older anyways; a girl who's mature for her age often has to look 10+ years older to get that compatibility. Moreover, it can be argued that an older guy will be more loyal to a younger girl because he'll appreciate her more. Finally, lots of girls are looking for a father figure.

I suppose a better question is, why wouldn't younger girls go for older men?
 CanAirForceTech
Msg: 522
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:28:55 AM
After having had a look at the posts throughout this LONG thread, a couple of things come to mind. Women and men are different in the way they are stimulated in several ways, but it boils down to the fact that men are MUCH more oriented towards visual stimulation. That being said, I have also heard women talking about young, hot looking guys like they were nothing much more than meat. Everyone is different...if we weren't, the world would be a VERY boring place. I have dated and had relationships with women both 10+ years younger than myself and 10+ years older when I was in my 30's and 40's. Now, I'm in my early 50's. I joined the military at age 45 and am still there. I mention this because I am NOT one that has "let himself go" or does nothing but sit in front of the tv and vegetates. I still like to LOOK at women in their 20's...but I also look at women in their 30's, 40's, 50's etc., if they are attractive to me. I have on my profile that my PREFERENCE is between the ages of 37 to 50, but that's just a number. Women who are closer to my own age, say in their mid to late 40's are, in most cases, more what I personally am attracted to for a RELATIONSHIP,and that is what I think MOST men of my age, if they are honest with themselves, would say as well. Experience DOES matter and most younger women just haven't got it. Beyond that, I don't think that a lot of men over 50 are honestly willing to take on an "instant family" with very young children which a large number of women under 40 have. I think most guys around my age are more likely to be ready for "grandpa" mode... (fill 'em full of sugar, spoil 'em rotten and give 'em back to their parents...lol). Like I said earlier though...we are all individuals on this planet and if you look at any thread in the forums, this becomes glaringly obvious.
 CanAirForceTech
Msg: 523
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:55:15 AM
^^^ I agree...most women in their20's and 30's are NOT interested in a guy over 50 but some are for whatever reason. A friend of mine (female) told me that "age is just a number".
She's in her late 30's. Another friend (military as well) is in her mid 20's and is living with a guy in his late 40's. Everyone has their own preferences. That's what makes the world an interesting place to be.
 simplykay
Msg: 524
Posted: 10/19/2008 10:15:22 AM
Your are so right, I lost 2 husbands two younger women and on didn't last the other is just starting out. He is 62 and she is in her 30's and now they have a new baby. All I can say is I'm glad I don't have a new baby at my age as I want to have fun without changing diapers and travel. Good luck to all thos men and women that want the younger partner, but remembe your age will not stop......
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 525
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:16:22 PM

msg. 528 >>> Well Son, let me fill you in just a tad on the cold/hard truth. My son is three years younger than you and has the wisdom of YODA if compared to you (in case you don't know who Yoda is, rent Star Wars, he's the wise little hairy dude with a brain/insight/intelligence and the common sense to keep his mouth shut when he's likely going to say something stupid.) Does your Mother know you have so little regard for women in general? I'm embarrassed for her. I'll bet she tried to raise you to respect ALL women. If she didn't shame on you both.

omg VGE... you never fail to make me laugh. It just goes to show you that even a master's degree can't help some who are so obviously socially challenged. There's still hope for him, though he IS only twenty-something..

I don't know of many men who prefer the immaturity of younger women. Most guys prefer the youthful sophistication and grace of a mature woman who is in a place in life where she is able to be in control of her life, knows how to get what she wants and achieve her set goals. Most guys have the intelligence to recognize and appreciate a woman who displays graceful energy and subtle alluring sexual magnetism that only comes with maturity.

It doesn't take intelligent guys long to realize that mature women have an edge over younger women who for the most part lack sophistication and are unwittingly game players who are uncertain and insecure in their relationships with guys. It doesn't take an intelligent guy long to discover that a mature woman won't ask him out of the blue what he is thinking because a mature woman is secure and content with herself and doesn't need to know what he is thinking and doing every second of every day. He appreciates the fact that the mature woman insists on her space and alone time be respected just as she respects his need to have space and time that doesn't include her.

Thank goodness that short sighted immature guys like the one VGE quoted and so eloquently scolded is in the minority. Perhaps a little more social experience will dispel his ignorance.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???