Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 10of6
Msg: 531
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 23 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Since I haven't had the time to read the previous 20+ pages, OP...for the same reason people choose stoneware over china. It's called "preference" and as such is a matter of choice. Getting steamed about it makes about as much sense as losing my cool when someone picks a mocha shake instead of butterscotch (which is my fave).
 blueangel33
Msg: 532
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:46:30 PM
Thank you Neosoulman66
, it is nice to see a man who thinks with his big head instead of his little one,

I am sure us older women will appreciate your post.
I go for a little younger because they still know how to date and romance a girl.

Some older men think with their little head,, me I like to be courted, romanced, find out if we are compatable before going to the next level,, kissing is very important and cuddling. some older men forget that part..or forget how,,,,
 HappyTree22
Msg: 533
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/19/2008 7:14:43 PM
I want to make an amusing observation.

I've heard countless women in day to day life and on these forums constantly that most men are very "immature" and take a "long time to mature"

If that's true, wouldn't it stand to reason that younger women might desire men who are moderately older because they have matching maturity levels and that brings some level of added compatibility?

Sorry ladies, you can't have it both ways. You can't claim "more maturity" than men at the same age and not realize that that kind of argument becomes a factor in why younger women might actually desire older men and why older men might get along with younger women.

And I want to thank the several posters in this thread who felt the need to launch into personal attacks. Good bait, poor execution though. It's a typical MO. Launch some insults, hope you get some back, then run crying to a moderator.

Here's something that's universal - Most people date to their best option. It's that simple. If an older man can secure a younger fitter more physically attractive woman to date and mate with, he probably will.

I'm very sorry for older women in general, it's not all that fair, but who said life was fair? Most of the very desirable men at the age range of older women can and do date younger women. The rest of the men out there are probably either undesirable, already taken or gay. It's sucks women are socially deemed less desirable with advancing age. Well it sucks to be a guy and be judged on height, career, earning power and Alpha male status. It sucks for everyone. But I don't think it would kill anyone to age with a little grace and dignity. I see far too many responses that basically say younger women are less mature and have less to offer and older women are somehow "better" mates and dates relatively.

The proof is in the pudding, man or women ALIKE, if you are a desirable mating and dating candidate, the most desirable options from the other sex will pursue you and desire you. If they don't, then you are not. It's that simple. It's completely inexplicable, if the men you truly desire, 99.9 percent of them don't even give you second glance or want to date you, is that not one big fat clue that maybe you aren't their most desirable dating option in return?

People have the right to desire what they like in a dating partner. All the older women here were young once themselves, sorry ladies, most of you had your turn for your 15 minutes. You either made the most of it or you didn't. Now it's someone elses turn.
 heelsRSO4ever
Msg: 534
Posted: 10/19/2008 8:09:40 PM
As my late father once replied to me on my 50th birthday.....he said "Happy Birthday Sweetheart".....I said, "Ahhh, Thanks Dad...funny Dad I don't feel 50...I don't even think I look 50, do you?"........he looked at me straight faced and all serious and replied..."No....but, I remember when you did!"....LOL LOL

Spank me hard what humor! I couldn't help but laugh myself....you just gotta laugh at a lot of this stuff.......Perhaps 'some' men are attracted to the 'younger' woman...simply because they 'look' younger....and the fella thinks she complements him when shes hooked on his arm.....Maybe they act younger as well...maybe some men like that too!.......or maybe....just maybe.....the younger gals just don't know any better yet....and some men REALLY LIKE THAT!
It's all good!

R.I.P. Dad 10/05
 10of6
Msg: 535
Posted: 10/31/2008 6:57:46 PM
Msg 555, well said! I was formulating a line of thinking much like yours, but felt that writing mine would merely be a reiteration of yours. By the way, I've been hit on by older women embarrassingly often.

(I found your comment about the process of manipulating or orchestrating forum boot-offs by people who do not hold themselves accountable for outrageous and uncalled-for attacks. Good that others call their bluff; bad that it ends up as you stated. Yet it is so revealing on so many levels.
 TheHandbagMaiden
Msg: 536
Posted: 10/31/2008 7:25:02 PM
I work in an industry almost completely dominated by men so my day to day interaction with women is limited, or at least muted, compared to others I know. For that, I'm pretty glad. Sad to say it though.

The truth is most women are extremely competitive with each other. Most will go on the offensive, young or old, against whomever is getting the most attention.

My observation is when men get together and have a common goal ( like being in the military) they tend to build each other up. They focus on the goal ( like winning the war or scoring the touchdown).

Most women, on the other hand, tend to want to tear each other down. It's not a win, even if the group wins, if that individual woman can't be on top during the victory.

Here's an example, at the very first job I worked out of college, I sort of just came to work and worked hard and kept a very low profile. As a new person, you don't know anyone and you don't want to make waves. I was asked out by a male coworker there who was a decent bit older. ( Age doesn't bother me to some degree but I don't date coworkers ever and told him so) Unfortunately later I found out the "Alpha" female, again someone a bit older than me, of the office environment wanted to date him and he had consistently rebuffed her advances. So I spent the rest of my time working there being treated like absolute crap by her and basically every other female in the office ( because most women have a pack mentality when they can turn on one specific woman) even though I did my job and they really didn't know me.

I do not think "younger women are better" I do not think, as a younger woman, that I am, in some fashion, superior to other women, even older women. I just think most men want to date women they find beautiful and most will probably chase younger women instead of older women.

There are just a lot of older women out there, from my experience and viewpoint, that get really upset because they can't get what they want and it's easier to blame men and younger women instead of facing their own problems.
 bob144
Msg: 537
Posted: 10/31/2008 7:35:34 PM
It is a creation issues. Men that survive among the ancients had good genes and so they were driven to mate with younger beautiful women with full breasts and lips and symetrical features because those features exemplified health. So an old geezer with his superior sperm socked it to the young sexy women (with large firm breasts) to provide a stronger gene pool and healther clan or tribe. So it is not our fault. This is how we are created. Just like high school. The chicks always went with the jocks. That wasn't right either but thats how the mop flops.
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 538
Posted: 10/31/2008 9:01:56 PM
Well, for the sake of argument younger women are more likely to want to have children more so than some women my age or a little older.
 lelathecat
Msg: 539
Posted: 10/31/2008 11:10:35 PM
When I was in my 20s being with a guy 40 to 50 years old NEVER crossed my mind. None were even remotely attractive to me even though so many would hit on me acting like they still had IT. They didn't lol.

I almost always dated a few years younger or around my own age.

This last relationship was with a man 20 years younger and really before that I didn't seek out nor could imagine myself with someone so much younger. I was thinking more like 10 plus or minus for an age range.

His workmates were mostly late 20s and early 30s and they seemed to be jealous of him. I think he rubbed it in a few times too when someone's immature 20 something year old girlfriend was calling the guy at work and pestering him and crying like a loon cause her car wouldn't start or some other childish thing. He's say wow I'm glad my girlfriend doesn't act like that. hehehe

Now I still think I am happy with the 10 plus or minus age range.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 540
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 12:14:12 AM
Why do some men think that younger women are better?
Cause they haven't met me! Or a myriad of other ripe and smoking hot women on POF.
 Carrie Bradshaw™
Msg: 541
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2008 2:07:47 AM
I can only speak for what I see, what I hear and my own personal experiences. I email with a lot of people and some are also older men.

From work as well, I learned a lot. First thing I noticed at work were that the men who were asking for a divorce usually were in their 40's and 50's and already had a mistress in their 20's to early 30's.

From my conversations with men I learned that it is what they call middle age and the wife is starting to age as well. The once beautiful face now has wrinkles, fine lines etc. Her formally perky breats are now sagging. She no longer wants sex as much etc. So they want someone younger.

When my profile was unhidden, a lot of my emails were from men old enough to be my father and looking to date me. I am not into that and had that in my profile, before I hide it.

I think both men and women should get scared when they get older as they become less desirable. Most often that not, it is the older woman who is passed over for the 18 year old named Babmi, who is 5'8, blond, tanned, C or D cup etc.

~Carrie
 freesoulck
Msg: 542
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:26:32 PM
I am o.k. with older lady. I think they are smart and cute. That's probably a cultural thing. I found ladies of my age from the same culture are very boring. Mainly because of cultural background. Don't take it too hard.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 543
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:32:21 PM

For some men, younger women are better. Just like for some women, younger men are better.
 outofthedesert
Msg: 544
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:16:55 AM

socked it to the young sexy women (with large firm breasts) to provide a stronger gene pool and healther clan or tribe.
Unless you are in it to breed, why? Granted we all like healthier, attractive mates, but much of what was hardwired in our DNA no longer applies. We are already overpopulated. Yes, I have children and I understand the need/want to have children, but I find it sad to see a number of children who are pre-school with 60-70 year old fathers who may probably never live to see them grown up. (I know there is no guarantee that a 20 year old dad will do the same--just looking at logistics here).

Secondarily, personally I want this time in my life to be one where the SO and I focus on each other. If an older woman is with a much younger man, at some point, he may regret not having children. It works both ways. I have know several much younger women who married much older men and the men already had children and chose to have no more, he died and she regretted that she never had children and is now too old to do so. Younger men that I have known married older and the marriage ended for whatever reason and he sought out younger woman for children bearing purposes.

Life is about choices---skip the numbers game--are the interests similar and can he keep up?
 bathsheba3
Msg: 545
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:47:31 AM
Too funny, saritamiami. But, I have to agree. Hey. People like who and what they like because we have choices. We have too many choices and too few people willing to say, "Look, bub, go find someone you're own age." These people who want what they know is really out of their league make me laugh. That's why the emergency rooms are never empty. Very few can live long-term with someone half their age. Really. Exceptions to the rule exist. But, come on, now. You went through your ups and downs, right? Telling me you actually want to repeat that? Not. There is a medium. Find it. Looking is no sin; that's what we've got eyes for. But, get real. Leave the way-too young babies to the young guys/girls out there who they were meant for. There are SOOOO many great-looking and intelligent REAL WOMEN out here who really know what's going on and how to make a man happy. Please! Don't bore me.
 hockey dad 456
Msg: 546
Posted: 3/21/2009 8:29:12 AM
my last 2 relationships (6+ months both) were with 2 women 10 years younger i won't do that again they were completely and totally im mature
 TitusBreast
Msg: 547
Posted: 3/21/2009 1:42:49 PM
Haha! I'm sorry you describe your slow and graceful flow of age with the metaphor of a 10,000 year old crackling redwood! I died laughing...but you're a good writer, nevertheless! I believe that both ragged and haggard sexes are merely JADED with the other at this point of near-death, is all...plus, the true die-hards love to provoke p1ss-offs and jealousies to feel alive...BECAUSE they're almost dead! (Only kidding! Re: the half-dead one-liners...haha!) You're only as ancient as you feel! Lighten up, bro (or sis...I didn't read your profile, YET...sorry! Hope you're still among the living...) and work with what you've got, for God's sake! If you gave up already (on yourself, that is), that's too bad. Get an attitude adjustment and deliver your best everyday. Fvck 'em if they don't dig you. (When they walk the other direction, start laughing audibly. They'll feel self-conscious and uncomfortable. They'll wonder if there was something odd about their appearance, or something...) I thought everybody knew that we're supposed to get better with time. Oh well, good luck! Love, Titus
 Experiencedone
Msg: 548
Posted: 3/21/2009 2:09:45 PM
I can't speak for other men, but since my wife was killed 7 years ago, I have just started really dating again. It seems that younger women don't have as hard of time making the first move, which nowdays makes things alot easier. With the political correctness and sexual harassment issues, some men hesitate before initiating conversations to any women. If I find the right woman to get into a long relationship with, it won't matter what her age is at all..if she can keep up with me!! hahahaha
 foxyfoxy74
Msg: 549
Posted: 4/8/2009 9:48:22 AM
Hey now my boyfriend is 16 years older than me and he drives me crazy, he is the most amazingly thoughtful lover I've ever had, he makes me laugh more and makes me feel happy, ecstatic safe and secure.

In short, he is my soul mate.
 wild heart
Msg: 550
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:28:22 AM
With the political correctness and sexual harassment issues, some men hesitate before initiating conversations to any women.

This is BS. The basic rules of etiquette would say that your first contact would be respectful until you know the person a little more.

If one can't understand that the written word is very subjective and that one should not post jokes unless they are prepared to defend themselves after, they should keep their email communications respectable. The only exception would be a forum poster since one can read their postings and get a sense of them.

If a man is worrying about sexual harassment and political correctness, then he is breaking the basic rules.

I'm not a fan of political correctness, but many other people are so I try to keep the sarcasm out until we meet or know each other. This is not rocket science.

When I see a man I'm really interested in, I contact him. In person I will smile and YES even approach him, so it sounds to me that this stuff about sexual harassment and such is just another cop out or way of saying you don't know how to use the online dating tool.

If men like a younger woman, then let them.

Well, for the sake of argument younger women are more likely to want to have children more so than some women my age or a little older.

This is a good argument, but you might want to speak with my Dad who got himself a young woman when he was 40, had a child and then all sorts of crap ensued. All to say, he admitted it was all about ego and that they had NOTHING in common after the initial lust wore off. By nothing in common, I don't mean interests.

I have spoken with many men in the 36-45 age range who still want children and they all have the same problem. They can't find a woman their age who wants children, but they can't relate to the younger ones. Just order a mail bride or make a decision on whether children are what you really want or if you want to be alone just for the sake of children for another 5-10 years. If you really want kids, you may just have to make a sacrifice in the "wife" area.

I wanted children all my life, but at one point for my health, a potential child I could have's health, I had to make a decision - must be nice not to have to make that hard decision! I've realized that as I got older, I couldn't have everything I wanted.

Your other option is to become a polygamist and join a group out in Utah. You can have yourself a young 20 something when you are 86 apparently LOL

Seriously, I have no problem with anyone wanting to date someone of differing ages, the problem I have is that sometimes there are unrealistic expectations in the reasons. We all have them, and I know I constantly examine them to see if I'm going fubar. Can you say the same about yourself?
 Dyanna40
Msg: 551
Posted: 4/17/2009 2:13:35 AM

I'm finding younger guys are seeking out older females much more often now. In the past month i've been approached by a 26 year old and 23 year old, and at 41 I couldn't imagine going out with someone that young.
 NastyJerk
Msg: 552
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2009 6:44:10 PM
OP: If men have to do the pursuing, which seems to be the case with most females, men should pursue the most appealing females possible, based on whatever standards the men have. If age is important, men should go for the younger females (not minors). Men could ask, "Why is it that (many) females are only interested in men who are taller than themselves?" Of course, this would unleash a series of justification responses that tend to paint females in an even more superficial light.
 craazycowgurl
Msg: 553
Posted: 6/19/2009 2:09:51 PM
I am not against mixed age relationships, I've dated younger and older, but a word to the older men out there... Most of the younger women that you are looking for have only one thought in mind. Free ride! Now girls, don't get mad at me, there is the exception to every rule, but this is sooo often true. Women are attracted to good looking men that are their age or younger, just like the guys. They don't dream at night of an older man that they will end up nursing while in their prime. All they are really thinking about is how hard they have worked and how nice it would be to sit back, be worshipped by an older man, and not have to work anymore. If a man is retired, or close to it, has a home, etc. they figure they will have it made! He will dote on them because they are young and pretty, and he will do what is necessary to keep them looking good. Letting them spend their days at the spa etc., so that his "arm candy" is in good form for a night out in front of his pals. Please don't judge me for these thoughts, they are just a thrown out to encourage discussion and to remind men to protect themselves and the life they have worked for. I think most people who marry much below thier own age will come to the realization that they don't have alot in common for the long late night talks that become the basis for our loving relationships.
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 554
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2009 2:27:15 PM

As I surf through the seemingly endless descriptions I am finding more and more individuals thinking that someone my age can't keep up with them, so they feel the need to look for the young ones. Ah but if they only knew. Makes me think they are truly only interested in someone that can fulfill an unrealistic dream.... "if I get them 6-15 years younger, for sure my inevitable aging process will come to a screeching halt. Or am I wrong... we need to look through a blind persons eyes. The "connection" comes from what will always be there regardless of ones age, or looks. It's the touch, the smell, that feeling...none of which involves sight! Come on people use your other senses!!! It amazes me that we can look at a 1000 year old tree with it's wrinkled trunk, twisted branches or a rock millions of years old with it's creases, folds, pock marks and chips, and remark on it's beauty, but when we see someone with those same beautiful characteristics we often look away with disgust. Just a thought.....S

Wow. Yanno, I read the OP which was penned over 4 years ago and it still reeks of angst and bitterness. They talk of "unrealistic dreams" that men are in pursuit of by chasing after the younger ones...wow what a crock. Is that "unrealistic dream" anything similar to plastic surgery that women all too often employ to try and cheat aging? Their "unrealistic dreams"? Or the botox...or the tummy tucks...or the slimmers and shapers...or the push up bras...and the list goes on...all trying to cheat time?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Eesh. This OP would rank quite high on my EPIC FAIL directory

Hypocrisy thy name is OP.

Speaking only for myself I can say that I will chase the younger ones for a few reasons. Namely, better odds that they haven't yet been married or had kids. Better odds that they aren't so "set in their ways". Better odds at fertility. Better odds that they don't look 20 years older than they really are due to a lifetime of sun worship or similar. And let's face it, better odds at a good looking mate. Time and gravity haven't yet ravaged the younger ones near as much. So as long as they're available and willing to hook up with an older guy, why wouldn't we chase them?

I'll tell ya it has JACK SHIT to do with trying to live some "unrealistic dream" that time will go backwards and I can relive my youth by dating someone younger. It has JACK SHIT to do with some dream that Father Time will come to a screeching halt either.

I'll leave time defiance to the ladies who keep the plastic surgery business rolling in dough each year over year.

And I always find it amazingly funny that when people talk of beauty they will inevitably use cast offs like 1000 year old trees, or ancient abstract paintings or whatnot. Apples and firetrucks when we are thinking of comparing that beauty to our own. Apples and firetrucks.

You simply can't compare a gigantic (and yes beautiful) 1000 year old gnarled-at-the-roots tree to an aging human being with any seriousness. Only an imbecile would make such comparisons.

Sounds more to me that the OP was/is just bitter that no one would see their "inner beauty" and decided to throw themselves a pity party. Wah wah wah.

Some out there won't care how old you are, or how you look, or whatever...they'll see you for ALL that you are and then some you didn't even know existed. Others will continue to chase the pretty wrappers or those with better odds for themselves and shy away from the aged groups. It happens.

Whining about it ain't gonna change anything.
 garry1949
Msg: 555
Posted: 6/19/2009 4:42:57 PM
I've come to thinking that rather than always trying to get more from life, it's easier to surrender and simply let life bring you things. This philosophy may seem somewhat spiritual and maybe it is. Nevertheless it relieves you of responsibility for your mistakes and shifts it onto the higher power.
Some older guys may have younger women enter their lives and carry on very well with them. Other older fellows may, and to their great relief, meet women still horny who're closer to their own age. (They're easier to keep up with and usually don't demand as much materially.)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???