Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 121
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
mitgrad Well HE was the more skilled player by far, I was the one who hadn't had lessons he had had years of lessons. It was warm, late spring early summer, in central Florida. I think he was telling the truth, his face was beat red and he was panting. Would wave his hand and holler can we take a break? I gotta catch my breath. I was feeling the heat, but my friend who used to play with me told me I have the eye of the tiger. A bunch of us were out just hitting balls around enjoying the fresh air and sunshine, he wanted to play with me. I was taking karate, lifting weights regularly and playing tennis regularly, so I was probably in better shape. Of course I was old enough to be his mother.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 122
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:09:45 PM
@Bucsgirl:

I guess there are exceptions to be rule and you may be one of them.

craww
Msg: 123
What is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:10:54 PM
ok, older women are fine.

as long as they are in good shape........ some older women are younger than younger women.
 Goddard
Msg: 124
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:11:14 PM
bucs, in tennis there is a truism: "Never play with an old man of 70 who has been practicing it the last forty years. He will tear you apart".
 vionine
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:20:19 PM
I am repeating my thoughts from page 2, In hopes it make sense to any others.

I think much of it, has to do with the desire and or ability to grow emotionally and mentally. Desiring a simpler or more naive creature keeps one from having to look within.

They are not being touched in the areas they work so hard to avoid. I have heard many men comment that "younger women have less baggage." They aren't challenged to look within.

A younger person may not expect as much personal responsibility from them. Or have the self esteem to delve deeper into their partner emotionally. Thus keeping them from having to tap into all their stuffed/repressed/ignored garbage.

Perhaps the dominate feeling gives men the kick. Some younger female will look up to a worm of a man. I know I did. Then I got a little wiser.

Nothing like good hunk of quality male! Wth a little seasoning and maturity inside. Served with a drywine and salad. Don't care for the ones marinated in denial!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 126
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:25:08 PM
mitgrad Thing is that I always took care of my body and my skin when i was young. I was the only girl in the gym as a teenager, just always into working out, eathing healthy, etc. I feel bad for some of the ladies you see in the gym who are just starting an exercise program in their 30s or 40s. If you start younger, you have a better chance at maintaining it. I admire some of these ladies' perseverence though.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 127
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:26:45 PM
mitgrad I should have put in there that I was only joking around. I forget sometimes that not everyone here knows me as well and is not used to my sense of humor.
 Goddard
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:27:34 PM
Vionine, perhaps that's why they prefer younger women, because they're less complicated (no "challenged to look within" b.s.) and don't call them "worms". Perhaps they want just a simple relationship, instead of a woman trying to play amateur psychologyst.
 vionine
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:30:12 PM
I didn't call them all worms, geez don't take it personally.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:33:05 PM
supersomma I tend to think the opposite is true, that younger women want just sex more than older women. i've had many 20 somethings hit on me, not interested, I don't want a play thing. Women that have experience in relationships are more likely to be a better partner they've learned more about what they want and what makes them happy and more about men and how to understand and please them. Younger women are more in the experimental stage. That's just my thoughts and what I've seen first hand, if you want a younger woman, go for it.
 Goddard
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:34:36 PM
Not taken personally. Anyway, instead of looking for germane, overthought, deeply psychological reasons for it, why not simply hearing what men say?
 vionine
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:45:06 PM
Mr. Tango,
Having an opinion doesn't mean your not reading/listening.
Besides most say the same thing, baggage, looks. Why not look deeper? That's what brains are for. Yeehaw!

Bucsgirl
I want sex way more than when I was 17 to 35. But I am more discriminating now, I am not as disapointed. Or going along with something I regret.
I am much more open and less inhibited as well, and there is no problem finding decent men. Just hope I'll find one I want to stay with someday.
 Goddard
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/6/2005 4:54:42 PM
Besides most say the same thing, baggage, looks. Why not look deeper?

Perhaps because those are the reasons? I think that when some women look for germane explanations, what they really mean is "I want to find some reason proving that they're wrong, not that I have more baggage and less looks".
 bucsgirl
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:09:41 PM
vionine I agree. Sex is more than satisfying an immediate need for gratification, means something when there are feelings involved. Having sex just to have sex doesn't satisfy for very long. I'm not having any problem finding decent men either, been a long time since I had a really "bum" date, just haven't found one I clicked with in a while.
 vionine
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:15:40 PM
Mr. Tango........ I guess I can't but help to see it as shallow. So I hope there is more to it. If that is how far it goes, then simply enjoy.
I am alright with others choices.
My choice, I would take the well seasoned man, even if he doesn't look so studly anymore.
 Goddard
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:17:00 PM

I am alright with others choices.

vionine
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:30:14 PM
Bucsgirl,
I agree, yet,I have nothing against immediate gratification, just choose to do it with men with fine minds. Yet, I too am wishing very much to click with them for a long term. I do want to building memories and giving tons of love.
Good luck to ya.
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 138
Knowing limits and one's place.
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:33:01 PM
Tang must think that because I feel that older men going out with much younger people is tacky, ridiculous and a sign of having no self-respect, that it's a sure sign that I'm desperate to find an older man. Ahem. I have my honey already. He's 6 yrs younger and so cute. I don't think 6 years is a lot of years younger, however, I had reservations at first due to that age difference. I decided because he's far more mature in many ways than I am and there's not some ugly difference of 2 decades or more, as in the example I provided: Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Now that is one ugly difference.

As for older women being desperate to "keep" younger women from dating older men. Ahem. Try looking thru any magazine for young women and see what kind of men you find in them. Guaranteed you won't find oldies. We're talking about a very small segment of the population. Besides, many older women are hot and can attract men of any age easily. But that's not the point.

As for older men who go for much younger women, they bring to my mind a visual of some man desperately knocking on a door screaming for help, while the boatsman awaits to sail him across the River Styx. There's just something a bit pathetic about an older person being with a much younger one.

we choose what we want

Sure do. We also all have opinions. I don't think only one person is permitted to express them.

And that's what I think.
 sddude
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:34:02 PM
Perhaps they want just a simple relationship, instead of a woman trying to play amateur psychologyst.

Exactly wow , bucs ...

that s exactly what I have been looking for for years and I think alot of men think the same , too many psycological games like silece of the lambs , tests , traps , in depth analization and being chastized for thinking or beleiving in something , as they do this they like to take guys minds apart in front of them and give confrontation .

I think simple is better , caring and love , smiles and kisses , nice moments , too many stressful moments are caused by many women's overanalization , one woman thought I must have committed a grevious sin because I go to church sometimes more than once a week and she would probe constantly to ask to find out , it is just faith in my part .

Maybe the older they get (not all of them , some young ones do it alot too) paranoid and suspicious about the guy they are with , maybe they do that because they think the guy is probably a warm as a lady here put us , from the baggage and experience from the not so good guys they choose .

I had one long relationship , my first girlfriend , I married her (RIP) , i was not in love , I thought she ws the greatest woman in the world , was worth every second ...

Guess what she didn't do all of the stressfull anaysis, no psycological tests or probing ,
just a stressless simple relationship .

I am sure that is what most guys dream and want as one of his dream women's characteristics
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:40:07 PM
Why don't guys line up at the retirement home to pick up females? Tons of single females there. I guess it is one of those mysteries that will never be solved.

Same reason 20 yr old girls don't line up at the retirement home to pick up men in diapers?

Older men love "French Kissing."

ahaha! This is getting too funny.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:41:06 PM
sddude I'm a little confused, but no biggie. I don't think I posted anything about overanalization, but what the hey.
Relationships and people can be as simple or complex as you want them to be. I don't think it's either psychology or a game, and maybe this isn't what you were referring to, but I did say that older women are usually better at sorting through a man who's just a line on you and someone who is sincere. Maybe discretion is the word I'm looking for. That's just from experience in being around men, though. I think it's understanding them, I'm not one for overanalyzing just understanding. It's pretty simple to figure out if a guy is just laying a bunch of insincere flattery on you to get in your pants or is really interested in getting to know you as a person.
 sddude
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:44:07 PM
So shallow when some people flame another for a preference and think it is perverted and pathetic, we are all people , humans and adults , we choose what we want , it is not ugly , pathetic or a terrible thing for the person you think is their victim , people think they are virtuous by seeming mean and angry about a subject , some seem to be bias like a sort of racism but not about race , it could be gender age , body shape, size , color ... .

One who thinks with their emotions and not thier intellect or rational cannot be taken seriously , they have no reasons to think in that fashion , they place an opinion , not just any , an angry insulting one , "just because I think so "

I had some poeple have an opinion that I as a short guy should not even think about going out with a taller woman because that was rediculous , horrible , comical , stupid and that I was looking more above than I was worth , some people place a type of person , in size , shape , age , gender inferior to others without any real rational reason .

That is my opinion . We all have one like we have ***holes but be nice , some people may feel hurt or insulted .
 vionine
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:49:52 PM
Sorry if this seems offtopic too much.

Holy kamoles, do something simpler then.
Simple is as simple does..

Wonder about jealousy?
I never was one to give a guy the 3rd degree. I never worried about it. And as far as I know never happened. But would you fellows say that the older women in your life had far more jealousy, or the younger?
 Goddard
Msg: 144
Knowing limits and one's place.
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:51:18 PM

Tang must think that because I feel that older men going out with much younger people is tacky, ridiculous and a sign of having no self-respect, that it's a sure sign that I'm desperate to find an older man.

Hey Sarita, not at all. But some women are like that.
 sddude
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/6/2005 5:53:24 PM
Jealousy ,probably about the same depending on some experiences but the mental probing is less intrusive , things are more direct , like someone here in the fourms said , they do background checks on guys , I guess she is older and prone to stuff like that , more deeper and scarrier probing because thay are more intelligent at it .
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >