Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blady
Msg: 276
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 9 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

Anyone out there for ladies over 55? After all you don't have to think about child support
if the condom breaks!!

This is from my previous post..I would like to elaborate.with the AIDS epidemic, safe sex should be practiced at all times,also so many men are paying child support for a child until a DNA test proves that the child belongs to someone else..what a shame. Wearing a condom lessens the risks in both situations..however it is not foolproof, condoms do break!! I would rather pay child support than suffer from AIDS!! With a woman over 50
the chance of an unwanted pregnancy is greatly diminished. Yes, it is possible but not probable that you will become a "'BABY'S DADDY" with an over 50 woman..Much greater
possibility with a young , tender,fertile chick
YOU MUST PUT FOOD IN YOUR BABY'S MOUTH!!
 Lukon
Msg: 279
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/10/2005 6:32:35 PM
Hi All,

Nice thread. I've actually always preferred the company of older women and been more attracted to them - maybe I was precocious, but I now find myself considering trying to date younger. I've never married and have no kids, and I find that I finally feel I am ready to create a family of my own.

I want to do it right, meaning I would like to fall in love over a couple of years, get married and just enjoy each other for a couple of years, then have kids when we feel ready. I guess I'm hoping to find a younger woman as precocious as I was.
 Sirmauz
Msg: 280
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:37:24 PM
FAUGH! Young women are not always better. Very rare that they are. I prefer those a few years older, cause they are typically WOMEN, not girls. Had bad experiences with those my age and younger, save one. Young gals seem to have not a clue as to what they want(no off, ladies, but this is the truth from a guy who KNOWS what he wants, and has for a looooong time.) and then when they get what they SAY they want, they get scared. so no thanks, unless she can show me she has it together, i'll stick to older women.
 williamspeak
Msg: 282
Posted: 10/15/2005 12:39:37 PM
Funny how it is ok for women to ridicule older guys for being wrinkled and not being able to peform, but it is totally unacceptable to to say the same thing about old women. The truth is that guys get better as they age while women go to seed.
 ticomax
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2007 11:29:08 PM
I know of a relationship where a woman has been with a guy half her age for two years. At first it was an exclusive friends with benfits arrangement but later evolved into a deep friendship and eventually a love developed. She battled anything to do with love or any conotations that may arise from this strange relationship. But they seemed to understand each other so well. There was an acceptance, respect and understanding between them that was rare to see in the most healthy of relationships. Finally out of fear she asked him why he didn't move on and find someone his own age who was more appropriate on so many levels that I am sure it doesn't even need repeating. What he said to her was quite profound. "Because you treat me the way I want to be treated."
Being older I can see what a huge part acceptance plays in any relationship. Young women are just that....young. Youth is about change.....acceptance is about allowing things to be the way they need to be. Granted personality does play in but, it is generally not our nature to simply accept differences without a conflict.
Now on the other side of the coin....older men....just want have fun. They have worked and struggled with the outside world, relationships, kids, jobs and want to enjoy themselves. It may seem selfish and petty but they have earned their right to find joy where they please. Pretty women are part of that equation. Right, wrong or indifferent everyone likes a pretty lithe woman and there is nothing wrong with that at all. It is our nature to seek what we need to make us feel good.
 groovybaby
Msg: 284
Posted: 3/15/2007 1:27:08 AM
Very simple answer. Single women over 30 (in my experience) tend to treat men with a kind of anticipatory bitterness. Almost expecting the inevitable to happen, for them to hurt you the way that previous men have. THere is a jade to their vision that makes it difficult to break through the walls and have an open and honest relationship. Not all obviously, but by the percentages.
J
(I am not closed minded about meetin women of my own age though, I happen to know a very groovy one actually)
 Dark Palaver
Msg: 285
Posted: 3/15/2007 2:06:45 AM
Not wanting to sound like one of the "tart" chicks from the 30+ group.....
Some men (and notice I said "some" ......So, I'm not totally bitter! lol) believe younger women to be naive and more willing to put up with.........crap. If they can catch her before anybody else teaches her better, the possibilities are endless. I've seen that drama time and time again. And, unfortunately, some of these women either become a little bitter or stay in the dark and float hoping to find the man that's going to treat her like that first one did........
 mizbex
Msg: 286
Posted: 3/15/2007 2:18:14 AM
Like anything else, age is a personal preference. But I can tell you right now, that any man my age who wants to date someone who can order off the child's menu is not someone I would want to date.

I sometimes wonder if men my age date such younger women because they are actually afraid to date someone their own age. Or are just trying to prove something to themselves and the rest of the world, I am not sure what their reasoning is.
 1 Ez Going Guy 4U
Msg: 287
Posted: 3/15/2007 2:28:05 AM
didnt read all 12 pages, but I agree with this last post. guys looking for a woman that much younger are generally going to be unable to "impress" a woman their own age. looking for a young thing that is more impressed with his "things" than his "thing" or so utterly inexperienced, she wont have a clue shez just arm candy, or wont care, as long as the good times keep coming. men hit their sexual prime at 18, women at what, 35? give me a woman my age anytime, as long as she has taken good care of herself and can keep up to me, I'm a happy camper. what the hell does a 40 yr old man have in common with a 20 sumthing woman anyways? I'd be checking them on the 'didler' data base myself. and when my daughters hit 20...if some 40 sumthing tries dating them, he'd best be bullet proof. if he's that imature, he wont be good enough for them!! maybe the young gals of the world that are pondering the older man thing for an ez ride should consider the Nicole Smith thing...she sure ended up happy for all her gold digging, didnt she!! stick to your generation...or at least your era!!
 indrinita
Msg: 288
Posted: 3/15/2007 2:34:37 AM

Don't answer this...its a trap! Kidding. Why do women tend to oogle little teen boys then?

Ewwww. I have known lots of men to do something like this with women sometimes less than half their age, but I have yet to see women doing it with the same frequency, and definitely not teen boys anyway, lol.
 1 Ez Going Guy 4U
Msg: 289
Posted: 3/15/2007 3:06:12 AM

but I have yet to see women doing it with the same frequency, and definitely not teen boys anyway, lol.

oh, both sexes are guilty as hell. if you check out profiles on pof you'll find a large number of women with no minimum age restrictions on thier 'contact me' settings. lots of folks, male or female, figure they can recapture their youth by 'capturing some youth' . It's simple sexual math, really. 20 goes into 40 alot more than 40 goes into 20. ..
 indrinita
Msg: 290
Posted: 3/15/2007 3:18:07 AM
I understand the math part of it ez going, but I can think of lots of men that this is normal behaviour for, whereas at least in my circle of women I know, no woman that wants anything more than a fling would consider it seriously. I'm not saying it doesn't happen with women, it's just a lot more rare considering the fact that in general, women have very different priorities in a relationship than most men, especially younger men.

The thought of being with a man even sexually who is more than a few years younger than me simply grosses me out, while for many men I've talked to, being with someone who is 10 or more years younger than them is a fantasy and something they probably wouldn't deny! Many of these guys have some serious control, virility, or other issues. while all the time maintaining they are looking for a healthy, compatible, long term relationship. Yeah right. Doesn't really work that way. Dark palaver pretty much hit the nail on the head with her explanation.
 atlast
Msg: 291
Posted: 3/15/2007 3:31:03 AM
I can't do the young babe thing. Ultimately you are dating someones kid. I already did my child rearing. I want quality time with a grown up girlfriend now. Here is something I posted here a long time ago that explains it perfectly:

Andy Rooney says, "As I grow in age, I value older women most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

An older woman will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

An older woman knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 50 give a damn what you might think about her.

An older single woman usually has had her fill of "meaningful relationships" and "commitment". The last thing she needs in her life is another dopey, clingy, whiny, dependent lover.

Older women are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it. Most older women cook well. They care about cleanliness and are generous with praise, often undeserved. An older woman has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends.

A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Older women couldn't care less. Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to an older woman. They always know.

An older woman looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, an older woman is far sexier than her younger counterpart. Her libido's stronger, her fear of pregnancy gone. Her experience of lovemaking is honed and reciprocal and she's lived long enough to know how to please a man in ways her daughter could never dream of. (Young men, you have something to look forward to.)

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off you are a jerk if you are acting like one. Yes, we praise older women for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed babe of 70 there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize for all of us. That men are genetically inferior is no secret. Count your blessings that we die off at a far younger age, leaving you the best part of your lives to appreciate the exquisite woman you've become, without the distraction of some demanding old man clinging and whining his way into your serenity.
 High.Voltage
Msg: 292
Posted: 3/15/2007 4:34:56 AM
I'm going to be especially unpopular after this post!

Younger women are better looking. They tend to be thinner, more athletic, and have increased stamina and endurance. They have smooth, unwrinkled skin that has yet to take on the appearance of leather. Gravity has also not taken its toll. After 20 looks start to decline and by 30 what I described above is the exception, not the rule. As for sex drive, I don't believe for an instant that women reach their sexual peak at 40. I'm certain its much lower than that but it takes until 40 for women to loose their insecurity and figure out what all their bits are for and how to get the most out of them.

As other posters have stated, the main drawback to a young women is her personality. Older women tend to have a much nicer personality (perhaps because they have realized that their looks get them less than they used to and need to compensate). Younger women tend to play games and act rather... childish. Sadly, the bad personality of younger women far outweighs her good looks in most cases.

- HV
 junipermoon
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2007 4:59:13 AM
men don't, as a generalization, prefer younger women. if experiences here set any kind of precedent, men of all ages will select a 35+ year-old with a fabulous smile, great skin, a well-maintained physique and the assurance of her allure.

why? well, with each year a woman sheds the awkwardness that defined the earlier years. she moves with a natural grace, confident that she has earned the compliments that inevitably come her way. she also has developed a generosity of personality that can deftly accomodate the needs of those around her. she radiates a contagious energy that younger women can only hope for.

i get emails daily from men ranging in ages from 25-65. and that's just on this site. if my experience indicates an example of those of other women in my age group, we can safely say that plenty of men will choose the magnetism found only in the 'older' woman.
 Scintillating_Angel
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2007 5:13:17 AM

They do look at younger men and go "mmmm...nice"

Looking is a lot different than going out and hooking up.

The truth is that guys get better as they age while women go to seed.

Williamspeak, you really had better go back and retake your basic biology course. Men reach their sexual peak long before they are even out of their 20's. Women don't even begin to hit their peak until they are in their 40's. Nature's cruel tricks. Not amusing, either.
 mimosa
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2007 5:27:42 AM
Here's a phenomenon I've noticed with me, my body is getting older but my eyes refuse to age. I love looking at a perfect male body with 6, 8 what the heck a 12 pack. I also would love a Lamborghini.........appreciating the human body is fine being unrealistic and taking your dreams for reality is immature. Who needs the heartache I love my old slippers.
 SurferWithBrains
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2007 7:07:53 AM
Actually, I prefer women at or near my own age...mostly due to having similar realities and experiences. This goes both ways, but I think the problem lies in the fact that most older individuals let themselves go. I know tons of older women who say it is hard to find a physically fit older man that is single. The same holds true for physically fit older women. Men will beat a path to them and in many cases prefer them over younger ones.

My second thought on this is that although a woman may be at her sexual peak at 40(which I have not found to be the case, I say 30), she still has half the libido of an 80 year old man. Women know how important sex is to a man, yet most do little to keep that part of the relationship alive. I believe this is the main reason that many men cheat, as well. So since there are few fit older women, a fit older man will often go for the younger woman to fill this need. It's as simple as that.
 danielle6600
Msg: 297
Posted: 3/15/2007 7:19:32 AM
it might actually have nothing to do with the men feeling younger or anything like that......the fact of the matter is that age really doesnt matter anymore.
i am a 19 year old and get plenty of offers from older men but there not trying to be younger or anything like that.
maybe they just like us!
 asianace10
Msg: 298
Posted: 3/15/2007 7:58:23 AM
So that they have someone to take care of them and comfort them when they get old and sick?
 RUthe1_4me
Msg: 299
Posted: 3/15/2007 7:36:11 PM
Williamspeak, please step back and look at some of us "old women." You might be surprised at what u see. Not all of us let ourselves go. I am in my late 50's, very active, fit and sex at my age is terrific!! Sure, nature takes it's toll, but I don't need a man to make me feel good. I'm confident, independent and secure. The problem with men my age is that they fear "losing it" and that's why they seek out younger women. Just look what you have to look forward to - you'll get there soon enough.
 This is Now
Msg: 300
Posted: 3/15/2007 7:42:01 PM
There's a comedian whose name I've forgotten who says "you know you're getting old when there's no such thing as an ugly 21-year-old...when I was young they were everywhere". Nuff said.
 *cee~cee*
Msg: 301
Posted: 3/15/2007 7:57:35 PM
The same thing that's up with (some) women thinking that younger men are better! I'm no cougar and I don't set out to find a younger guy, it just happens to be often how it works out. While I can't speak for men liking younger women, I know that if a younger guy comes along and there's a mutual attraction, quite frankly it has very little to do with his age and everything to do with how we click on all levels. I've met guys older than me that are less mature than some of the younger guys I've met.

I suppose it's just a preference for whatever reason. For some it is about not facing their age (or their mortality), for others, it might be presuming that younger = less baggage, for others still it's about having a piece of arm jewellry... or maybe, it's just who they relate better to. I'm sure not ALL men into younger women prefer it for the reasons we might conclude. There's as many reasons for why as there are men who do!
 bonitachicita
Msg: 302
Posted: 3/15/2007 10:19:44 PM
Youth is a gift of nature, but age is a work of art!!!!!!!!!
 tchofclas
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2007 4:13:10 AM
There was 16 years difference between my mum and dad. She was a schoolteacher who came up north to teach. He was a farmer, so she sure didn't marry him for his money. they had a very good marriage, and my father was devestated when my mum died at 68, something no one had expected , including me, as he'd been the one with uncontrolable diabetes. So it isn't always about money, power, etc. It can actually be about the relationship!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >