Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 82
Women who take the initiative...Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I'm with Steve many women who say they independed, Tend to me control freaks and think they are always right and if you don't agree with them then there is something wrong with you lol..
As for women who take the initiative that the only thing that works. For me personaly I never ask anyone out IRL any more. Only dates I had for the last few years were when I were asked out. So I would say that I only go out with women who take the initiative ...
 SFGIANTSFAN_IN_SOCAL
Msg: 83
Women who take the initiative...
Posted: 4/8/2013 11:03:00 AM
OMG. I have a friend who is such a control freak that she won't even go out to dinner with you if it's not what she wants to eat. It's totally bizarre. Drives me nuts. You know, sometimes the company is worth having a different kind of salad served at a different restaurant.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 84
Posted: 4/9/2013 11:02:41 AM
RE: #101 - Aside: Your statement made me think about this: Women often accuse men of thinking with other than the head on their shoulders. Meanwhile, many women say that they're "open minded" when that really means that their legs are wide open. So who's really thinking with what they have below the belt?
 pseriouslyt44
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:35:56 PM
I think when women says they are open-minded, what they are saying is they are open to anything but not obligated, like they are optional when it comes to choosing their guys to date. It is like they are taking the initiative of approach a guy if he is handsome and sexy but when it comes to a regular guy then he should do the approaching.

I am not just saying this, I get that all the time lol.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 86
Posted: 4/9/2013 4:03:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If women are not attracted to you then do you still expect them to chase you??? Do they have to do it just cause its you ??? I'm sure women are not as good people as you, After you you do chase women that you find only so so attractive.
Guys tend to whine and complain so much more then women do about being so nice and not getting the woman they want.. Guess most men have trouble handling being single unlike women. If you look at the big pic there are about as many women as there are men. so for every single guy there is a single woman that don't date. Guys need to get a life like women do and stop complaining
 OCRebellion
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/14/2013 6:29:33 PM
SF...I thought of you Friday night. I was watching Dateline and one of the stories was an interview with Gabrielle Reece; how she almost divorced and what she did to save her marriage. Not sure if you saw it, but the short version was that regardless of her recognized accomplishments and success, in order to save her marriage, she had to be her "feminine" self at home and, to some extent, submissive (she relates that to the man being the head of the house and she taking care of the home). I guess she's also written a book about all of this... might be an interesting read.
 SFGIANTSFAN_IN_SOCAL
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:26:08 PM
Or...this could be part of the reason too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWkZiZaQsA&sns=sms
 SFGIANTSFAN_IN_SOCAL
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:27:04 PM
OC...

I'll check it out. I've been giving it a lot of thought. My personality is so ingrained as a part of me that I would have a difficult time "leaving it at the door", but I recognize a need to "soften" in certain areas.
 tony5montana
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/23/2013 12:43:00 PM
Women who take the initiative know what they want so it's cool.
 mateo45
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2013 9:58:51 PM
I keep hearing some men whine about how women never make the first move. So once again I find myself a bit curious...

Do you really want a woman who is going to singlehandedly drive the bus in a relationship? What if women who make the first move, then go on to propose? How will you feel about that? Would that be acceptable?

Or are you just too lazy to make the first move and want to sit around and wait, so you don't have to ever be rejected?

Guess I don't understand why it's ever an issue to begin with, unless maybe some folks have certain "expectations" re: gender "roles". I mean regardless whether you're a a man or a woman, if you're actually interested in someone, then fer godssakes, why not just say ''Hi'' and introduce yourself (and why do we even need to have these unspoken "rules" ... duh)?!!
 Bearfish13
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/11/2013 8:31:51 AM

Yep, I don't want any control freaks in my life. If a woman is easy going, fun to be with and adds value to my life then I want to be with her. If she throws up roadblocks, restrictions, starts making demands, and complicates my life then I'd rather be single. Sex is nice, but I'm actually ok without it too. Maybe that makes me weird, but I've never been led around by my genitals, and that frustrates the hell out of women who want to control me.

i agree with this
 lonelyguy555
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/8/2013 9:35:38 PM
Well in my case I would not mind if a woman was willing to take the drivers seat.
You see I'm very dyslexic and I don't drive. It makes it very hard for me to make the first move.
------ It's a concept that never seems to cross the minds of a modern woman - - - A guy with a social issue.

Yet I keep trying because I know women will not approach me, and I can't expect that.
Plus I know that every time I put my best foot forward . . . Ill most likely get kicked.

That's what 20 years of dating/trying to meet a nice women . . . has been like for me and for most guys. I think.
Not one has ever asked me out, flirted with me, offered to buy me a drink, or shown interest in me that was romantic.
Even if I went out of my way to do most of those things for her.

I'm far from lazy, but I don't meet any women who are as pro-active as I am.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >