Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 creativelust
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Why are the young people on here?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
why? cause dateing inperson sucks
do you know how hard it is for young guys like my self to find a decent girl who wont lie and cheat or just pretend to like you just to play a joke on you for their friends amusment?

randomronin
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Why are the young people on here?
Posted: 2/8/2008 8:46:33 PM
Well, I don't really like to party, I don't drink or smoke {and don't want to.} I'm kind of busy, and I'd rather get to know somebody before I go get a part- time job just to support the money I'm throwing her way {in the form of dates, presents, etc.} Yeah, that doesn't sound very romantic, but right now I'm more interesting in passing my WR 121 class than having a bunch of go- nowhere relationships out on the dating scene. I didn't realize that older people, who have the money, the stability and sometimes even the free time {kids grown up and gone} had to "resort" to this.
 D.Doug
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/11/2008 11:38:57 AM
well some people here who are young like myself, act alot older then theyr age for one, for two MY personal reason is that me and my girlfriend of over a yaer just recently broke up, i lived with her for over a year with no computor and shit, so i lost touch with basically every girl i knew so, therefor i now know absolutely no girls, and i have no clue when or how to approach a a girl anywhere
 forums4me
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/11/2008 11:57:02 AM
one word : courage
 heaight
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2008 1:35:11 PM
well im onli 22 but i dont see aproblem with me being on this site simply because, i dont approach too many women in the first place, too shy initially for that... and just like older people have trouble finding someone to be with.. young people are finding trouble meeting good people too, and our generation is alittle more complicated now, so why cant we get alittle help too
and about the younger people having no lives thing that was kinda offensive, were on here just like the older people are, why cant we just like meeting ppl we KNOW we might click with first on the net?plus ud be suprised, alot of us "young people" are more mature than u think, maybe more mature than some older ppl.
 darlyngirl
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2008 6:00:10 PM
mushortgurl03
"Some of us don't have the luxary of being born gorgeous! Just remember that!"

You are gorgeous- I hope I can say this in an unoffensive way- you are beautiful but overweight- weight is something that can change- many people are thin and ugly or fat and ugly.

I consider myself average in the weight's department and average in the looks department. When I was single and 70lb heavier- I barely got a second glance from a male- my ex used to joke I clubed him over the head and dragged him back to my cave- the only way I got a man was by settling for one who treated me like crap and persuing him with little recriprocation till he realized and settled for me too. Lost the 70lb, dumped him- but had little to no experience dating- got picked up in a bar- bad results- definatelty not the relationship I was looking for. I work in a field full of women, all my friends are in their 20's, single and somewhat shy. I went to school (all girls), went home and did school work, went to the gym (I REFUSE to pick up men at the gym- I am there to work out- I don't want to have to consider if being sweaty is a turnoff). I met a great guy on here- 33 years old, but works as a carpenter- all men, and doesn't drink (no picking up in a bar)... Lots of young people lead similar lives :)
 Mosey_Burns
Msg: 124
hmmm
Posted: 2/26/2008 9:48:47 PM
Because women my age (23) tend to be after douche bags so I have to expand my seeking capabilities if I'm going to find anyone half-decent.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/30/2008 10:02:38 PM
18 -25 obligation free ? I guess somebody grew up with a platnium spoon in their mouth.. Cus most people I know in that age bracket are hustle'n and bust'n their ass to make ends meet while also get'n an education.. Im just outsdide that bracket at (28) I like being on the site cus i can meet people at my own pace.. I still go out with the boys and hit the clubs hit the party's all the fun stuff that comes with being young and living in a party city like Tampa, FL ... The web is just another avenue that I can use to meet people. A lot of the women I meet on here hang out at the same clubs I go to, but are the ones that are shy in the club hide'n in the backround and never get on the dance floor... This site helps shine a light on them, so I can make sure they don't get away ! LOL
 Jacobus101
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 10:18:20 PM
Eh, I'll admit it: I only have a select few friends, and alas, none are female. All my friends from high school have moved out of the city to more prestigious colleges. The college I go to is notorious for having no social life (you just go to class and get out).

That, and I prefer older women.
 GyM-FrEaK
Msg: 135
Posted: 3/31/2008 5:36:29 AM
i 2nd that!!! i think? hey everyone,,,im buying a round
 Mirage111
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/31/2008 10:25:07 AM
Hi there,

Im definately not young but its just another medium used to meet people like anything else. More young people definately because this is what they have grown up with.....the internet!
 MrSmileyHimself
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 10:35:20 PM
To assume that we have no obligations just because we're young is a bit inaccurate. I work 6 sometimes 7 days a week. I have course work and photo projects to finish in my spare time. I also look after my parents. My father, 72, had a minor stroke in Oct, and my mother, 66, isn't the most physically able person in the world. I get out and "live the life" when I can, but I just don't have the time to party and hook up like that. And I'm not alone in that. Most of the people I know are in a very similar boat.

Aside from the time stand point, I did my running around and I'm done with it. Around here there's a bar scene and thats about it. If I want something more than a "hook up", I have to go elsewhere.

Lack of time + Want of substance = Internet dating and social networking.
 Lixiette
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 1:51:12 AM
I'm on here because I have go to school and I go to work (which supports my schooling habit, woohoo). I'm not just "living my life" because it's owned by society's demand of me gaining the skills I need to support myself and my so-called "life".

My question is though... WHERE ARE ALL THE YOUNG PEOPLE on this site?! I only ever see folks above 30's or 40's posting tons and tons in the forums here... and you say there are young folks here? WHERE WHERE WHERE?
 Monisue4u
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:58:58 PM
"hear old people talk about sex so freely, even if I have to wretch a time or two"

lol

that is pretty funny...considering the older you get the better you get, the more uninhibited you are, the more open you are, and believe me, the MORE FUN YOU HAVE, much more than I ever did at 24, 28 or even 34!!!
 PerfectlyUnperfect
Msg: 166
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:47:50 PM
well, I'm 29 and have never enjoyed the bar scene. Just not someplace I want to meet someone to date. I'm very shy and live in a small town. Not much to do around here to meet ppl my age.
 jpfinch
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 7:59:15 PM
babydoll and dooger hit the nail on the head. we're not necessarily responsibility free, we're just in different situations. i myself moved to where i am recently, and due to having a full time night-shift job, i don't know anyone. people you meet at bars and clubs are fake as hell. they put up a front and pretend to be someone they're not. it's all a game. so instead of worrying about whether or not i'm playing my cards right, i'd much rather find someone who can also be themselves. some of us don't play "the game" and thus this is our only option.

besides, everyone i know (mostly from work) are taking care of families of their own, and thus don't go out to bars and clubs anymore. and honestly, guys, would you go clubbing by yourself?

i love the internet because it's open 24/7. and being a night owl in an area where last call is 1:00 am (which is my noon) it's nice to find a place that's open 24/7 other than wal-mart. and i would look quite foolish cruising for women at wal-mart.

cheers
 itechman63
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:46:22 AM
When I was that young, I think we just moved up from Pong to Atari... Internet? What's that?
 whatever3321
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:12:10 PM
I'm here cause its so scary out there!!

And there is a huge difference between 25 and 18 to the point conversation is almost not possible.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/6/2009 7:42:31 AM
And there is a huge difference between 25 and 18 to the point conversation is almost not possible.

i don't seem to have that problem. this year i have dated 19 to 69 and it was the 69 that i had the least in common with and the hardest time conversing, maybe because while i like the 1950's as an era, i don't care for the music. it doesn't do much for me. and since music is such a huge part of what i enjoy it just couldn't work.
 Sweetlilmeee
Msg: 184
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:14:20 AM
I wanted to put myself out there to date people that I wouldn't normally meet in my local (and small) community. and/or people who wouldn't normally come up to me and talk.

Now I'm still on pof because I like the forums.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 186
Posted: 10/7/2009 10:51:40 AM

when a hot girl smiles at me at the grocery store, I WALK AWAY!

Gangsta! That's NOT how it works ~~~~> smile back or meow at her..........

FL CO
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2009 6:20:55 PM
I'm 25, but can't say that I fit in the the obligation free group that the OP mentioned. I've got a daughter, full time job with the state, a house with 4.5 acres to keep up. I don't have a lot of free time to just go to town and hang out trying to meet people
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2009 7:50:10 PM
After the age of 18 kids dont all go away to college, may have to find work. Some dont have the money to go, some have no desire to go to college, but go to trade school or on the job training. Since they have left thier high school piers there just like the rest of us looking to connect to peers by the means available.
 LongAfterDark
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 12:58:44 PM
^ Well it's all about being buff. That's a given.

Why am I on here? Why not? What am I losing by having an extra way of meeting people. My social circle is small, I wouldn't date anyone at work, and I don't go to school. There aren't a whole lot of other ways to meet someone, unless I randomly approach women in public, but I'd rather not look like a creep.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >