Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Muchmorethangoodlooks
Msg: 583
Do guys like single moms? Page 10 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
No.

Guys do not like single moms.

Sure. They'll say they to as an end to a means of placating their sallow ego. But in the end it's only a lie they tell you and themselves.

Men on the other hand, know how to treat a woman, especially a woman with a child. They are comfortable with and can deal with the fact that a child is a woman's #1 priority. And this does not effect or affect their ego. Men don't lie and know selflessness is the pathway to true happiness.
 mickeyozzy1
Msg: 588
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 4/21/2009 2:06:32 PM
I feel bad for some single mothers, on account of situations that may have been out of their control, left them to raise their child/children alone. Honestly, I have dated and had relationships with single mothers. Some were good and others not so good. Ultimately, I don't think I could marry a woman who has a child, just because there are plenty of women out there who do not. The question is, why would an intelligent, decent looking, and ambitious man settle for a woman who has children? Maybe one is ok(if it's a well-mannered child), but more often than not, there's a whole lot of baggage that comes into play. Too many women out there, just as pretty, just as intelligent, who can fulfill the needs of a man..without interruption or obstacles. The same is true for men with children. A guy with kids has got to be a major turn off for women, especially if they're from different moms...he's done.
 passion_life
Msg: 589
Posted: 4/21/2009 2:44:54 PM
I don't mind single moms if they will ever make time for me.
 stuckintime24
Msg: 590
Posted: 4/21/2009 3:32:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your baby's father, but it's his lost anyway...It all depends on the guy really we are all different, some prefer a woman with kids others prefer no kids. It all boils down to the guy. If the guy you find really likes you he will accept the fact that you have a child and that both of you come together. So don't worry you will find a great guy that will love both you and your child
 NotInnocent
Msg: 593
Posted: 5/9/2009 6:39:23 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How about you look for the guy that compliments you first. Leave the family thing out of it. After you see if he is a fit for you then worry about introducing him to the kiddies.

Agree with the guy who posted a few messages above. Regardless of the status of the biological father. If you date a guy, and get serious, you ultimately end up a father figure to the child. If you don't want to be that, don't date parents. Same for women when it come to man with kids.

Most single parents are not easy, contrary to popular belief. I'd imagine you'd have less of a chance of knocking boots quicky with a woman who has lived the consequences of that action then one who hasn't. At least that is true in my circle of friends. However, I know the sterotype is out there and I also know it's not going away.

Guys do like single moms, it's the kids they are iffy about.
 Finnity
Msg: 595
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 12:48:50 AM
So as I felt that there were no good men out there (& loved raising my kids) I raised my kids alone for 11 years. They are now older teenagers (2). As I had them so young--22 my first.. I am now facing an empty nest as a young woman--38 often passing for 28. I was married and thought I did things right--except worry about my bank account! The father has been entirely absent for 11 years in all respects--including financially.

I am a bohemian type lady who adapts and "makes do" creating crazy fun out of what could be "bleak circumstances". Such as the time we tented all up and down the coast of Van Island in the most expensive tent with a queen 2 " high air mattress as the job situation was in limbo for a couple months.

I have put myself through school (almost 2 degrees)

So now what!! I started this POF profile but am a bit reluctant to meet people on the site--seems so unnatural--can't tell if you connect to each other by words. Is there a guy who will swing me off my feet and fly away with me or am I dreaming?
Should I just go the route NSA? I am going to be alone soon. Maybe best if I just wait to be alone and get out and meet people the old fashioned way?

Anyone have advice 4 me?
 spunky sicilian
Msg: 596
Posted: 5/10/2009 7:18:21 AM
Hon your not the only one, it seems that majority of the men in my age group dont want to deal with another child, or a child in general. Im not asking for anyone to take care of her, be her dad I do all of that very well on my own being a full time parent 24/7. Maybe we should all get together single moms and dads with the kids and just have a great big picnic. My mom has always said theyre is someone out there for you you just have to stop looking, and remember beauty is only skin deep but the heart will always be fonder!!!! Happy Mothers Day!!!!
 pbjunkie73
Msg: 599
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 1:33:56 AM
i dont mind, if anything i have more respect for single moms because they play both th role of father and mother. i have dated moms before and i found it to be a good experience
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 600
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:25:19 AM
To answer the OP's question....

not really.
 r3db3ard
Msg: 604
Posted: 5/12/2009 1:52:43 AM
it doesn't matter to me, can't speak for every man but I think kids rock, as do moms and If the person I fall in love with happens to have a child then that just adds something to the relationship that could realy strengthen the bond, but thats just my opinion I know I don't speak for everyone.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 605
Posted: 5/12/2009 12:12:41 PM
Finnity,

First... that attitude will get you nowhere. Guys are pickier online. I have never met one that lasted from this site. I have met a few from online that were great, but we didn't make it as a couple. Still friends though.

We've all had our rough patches. It doesn't make us a better person. You will find someone one way or another, just be open to it. You won't get instant sparks from a guy online. You will actually have to chat with them a bit prior to meeting them. It's just different. What is the significance of almost 2 degrees? It matter not to the masses. The right guy will appreciate you for you, no matter how you meet them, no matter what you have accomplished in life.

My suggestion is to be happy with yourself and your situation and if you're not, then do something yourself that will make you happy. A man isn't going to fill up all those empty hours, but you can by pursing interests and getting back in touch with friends. That will help you meet a guy. Men are way more attracted to those who are happy with themselves, and are doing their own thing then they are to those who are looking for a man to complete them or fill some void. That's a lot of pressure!

Good luck!

~NotInnocent~
 Isablueeyes
Msg: 613
Posted: 5/16/2009 2:03:05 PM
If any guy was scared when you told them you had a toddler, then that is not the right guy. Quit looking, go to church, don't care about it and it will happen. That child will make you laugh and have so much fun. Lucky you found out now about how your husband can be, that you do not have 5 more kids with him.

I have kids, I am older than you and really do not care whether I find a guy or not, that is an attraction. Guys love girls with confidence. Plus, then you are less apt to be pushed around. If you want to talk more I am on face book, sylvi olson in Crosslake.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 616
Posted: 5/18/2009 5:45:29 AM
Finding out a girl has kids now is an instant, 100% turn off for me.

Parenthood is everything in life that I do not want. The idea of having that responsibility for another man's cubs just makes it worse.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 618
Posted: 5/18/2009 6:46:24 AM
A single mom never hurt me.

It's really none of your business, but I have undecided/open up there because in the future if I meet the right girl, I may be open to adoption. I am good with kids - extremely good with kids, and there are a lot of great kids out there who need a home. I get my dogs from the shelter too. Dogs and children are not the same, obviously, but that's how I am.

If I am going to take responsiblity for a person or an animal and love them, why make my own when there are so many out there who need a loving family and a secured future?

Sorry to dissapoint. I'm not a monster. I just don't want to raise another man's kid, and I think that most of the time, single moms show incredible lack of judgment with their situations. Keep in mind I am not talking about girls in their 30s with divorces - I am talking about girls my age with 2 kids and no ltrs in the past to speak of.
 Kona_Panda
Msg: 619
Posted: 5/18/2009 6:55:43 AM
Common!!!! Its all about advertising. The word Milf has made it cool to date single moms...

Now us dads gotta come up with somethin...
 HeartOfGold62
Msg: 620
Posted: 5/18/2009 7:00:29 AM
I happen to love kids and a single mom to me is like a hero to someone else it takes a lot of courage to try and raise kids on your own. I would love to date a single mom I think they understand the responsibilities of life and take the bull by the horns.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 621
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2009 7:01:01 AM
" The word Milf has made it cool to date single moms... "

Funny, but there are a lot of mothers I would not love to....... Just because they got a word does not make it true for lots of them, you know the ugly ones. Still your marketing idea is a good one. We should work on that.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 622
Posted: 5/18/2009 7:08:39 AM
How about CKF

Cute Keeper Father?

:)
 Kona_Panda
Msg: 623
Posted: 5/18/2009 7:31:10 AM

Common!!!! Its all about advertising. The word Milf has made it cool to date single moms...

Now us dads gotta come up with somethin...

Ckf... not bad. Obviously Dilf is an option but its an obvious copy. The other thing is it plays to what guys want... Mom Id like to ****. So we gotta think like a woman.

How About...

DILC.. Dads id like to Cuddle.... hahaha
DWAH ... Dads with a Heart.... not catchy
BTAD.... Better then a Dildo... LMAO!

Common guys lets think of something... maybe ill start a new thread.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 626
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 1:26:25 AM
I'm surrounded by my mates, mostly single-mums who are in mutual fulfilling relationships
Ther'e a clear focus on 1-to-1 quality time which as well as 'family' time, sharing of expenses, etc.

I would never cosnider getting involved with a single parent who coult have the quality1-2-1 time, or see me as a rlease from the pressures of their famility life ; it's inevitable climax show a waste of time in life which is so short

~sc~
 Diva-n-Divine
Msg: 630
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:21:37 PM
You know I think that is the story of my life, but in the end I think that I have come out ok. I too am a single mother and I take real good care of my children by myself.. I think that once you become a mother you can't make all the silly choices that you would make w/o kids. The right man will come along! There is no need for you too hope that he love your son, he will. There is no point in you being with a man that can't love him and take the place of that absent parent when the time permits. At this point in my life I am SINGLE BY CHOICE. I have to be really picky about who or what I bring around my children. There are lots of sickos out there.. I dont want for a night or a month of passion to lead to a lifetime or regret .
 Gideon_70
Msg: 639
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:28:18 PM
You seem like a nice girl. The first mistake you made was getting pregnant. You should have waited. But now it's done.

The second mistake you are making is thinking that you can be a single mom. Studies show that 80% of the prisoners in federal prison came from single mother homes. Perhaps you were raised in a single mother home, and if that is so, then you probably have little life experience in a two parent home. Both the mother and father are needed to balance the life of a child.

As for dating someone that was a single mother. I would have reservations. My reservations would be mainly in determining why she is single. If it was a behavior pattern that could potentially destroy a future relationship, then yes, I would back away.

As for your situation, you are a really attractive lady. And I would easily like to be in a relationship with you. But my idea of a relationship is lifelong. It's playing with the kids in a sandbox. It's days at the park flying kites. It's holding the little'un at night when the nightmares come. It's puke and shit and tempratures and diaper changes and crying an bellyaches and broken toys and occasionally boken bones. It's swimming, and BBQ's and fun and play. It's in providing that overall peace that MUST infuse the home with solidity and a sense of belonging that lets the kids sleep in peace, knowing that they will be safe and secure and warm and comfortable. It's "Father knows best" and "Leave it to Beaver." It is also how I was raised. My biggest childhood regret is that dad didn't spend enough time with me - he spent too much time working to feed me and my family.

I cannot provide these things if I am just someone for you. I cannot enable you to provide these things if there is a you and baby - and - me and you.

But that life requires sacrifice. But, well, to me the kids are always worth it.
 kangel
Msg: 642
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:49:27 AM
I totally agree with you on this one. I am a single mum and clicked yes under "do you have children", but that's all. I'm the one looking for someone not my son. I am not looking for a daddy for him, he gets enough from me. I want someone to get to know ME without those two words haunting them "single mum". When I feel he is also a great guy than maybe I will let him know more about my son, and life. Happy hunting single mum's, hope your having better luck than I am. Everybody deserves somebody, even single mum's.
 Mooch Mann
Msg: 643
Posted: 5/26/2009 11:07:42 AM
depends on tha kid count...lmao...j/p..i love single moms like single moms should LOVE single dads...lol
 NotInnocent
Msg: 644
Posted: 5/26/2009 11:23:55 AM
Gideon...

All are entitled to their opinions, but how can you expect to be part of a child's life from the get go? It's not. OK.. meet at the coffee shop today, if we don't make each other barf then tomorrow I tuck her kids in and read them a bedtime story.

I'm glad you were raised with 2 parents, I was too. That doesn't mean that I can't do a good job by myself. My son is better behaved them some of my married friends children! It's not how many parents, it's the values and morals they are raised with.

You have to take time for - me and you - apart from - you (or me) and baby. They are two separate relationships that happen to co-mingle often. There has to come a time however when the kids are sent to grandmas and it's just the two of you, otherwise how do you know if you actually like the other person? You have to take time and spend it with each relationship for it to be a healthy relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >