Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NotInnocent
Msg: 645
Do guys like single moms? Page 11 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
Gideon...

All are entitled to their opinions, but how can you expect to be part of a child's life from the get go? It's not. OK.. meet at the coffee shop today, if we don't make each other barf then tomorrow I tuck her kids in and read them a bedtime story.

I'm glad you were raised with 2 parents, I was too. That doesn't mean that I can't do a good job by myself. My son is better behaved them some of my married friends children! It's not how many parents, it's the values and morals they are raised with.

You have to take time for - me and you - apart from - you (or me) and baby. They are two separate relationships that happen to co-mingle often. There has to come a time however when the kids are sent to grandmas and it's just the two of you, otherwise how do you know if you actually like the other person? You have to take time and spend it with each relationship for it to be a healthy relationship.
 jake0917
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 5/26/2009 1:35:43 PM
before i had a child the answer was no. now that i do i think another parent would work out better than no kids. don't do the same thing again though because then you would have two kids with two dad's and looking again. (i have family with 3 kids 3 dads, and single again yikes!) those are bad stats. i also look at how many children because i only have one.
 Smiley12345
Msg: 649
Posted: 5/26/2009 5:08:33 PM
The problem with single moms lies with the courts. The courts feel its OK for guys to pay for other peoples kids. Most guys don't realise this. An Ontario woman with 3 children is collecting child support from 6 different guys. The Courts have said this is OK. And god forbid if you miss a payment because you'll get garnished, your license will be suspended or jailed. Meanwhile the courts will stop you from parenting the child, only giving you access to every second weekend. The crime rate and teanage suicide in the meantime is skyrocketing. Doesn't really make me want to have a relationship. The system makes women seem weak and golddiggers. It's too bad because its killing families.
 1adams
Msg: 652
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:23:15 AM
if he is a good guy then yes i have a 3 year old girl an i havent had a date in a year.so dose you ladys like a guy with a child
 TIRECOLLECTOR
Msg: 654
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:15:23 AM
I have something to say lol

Here's the problem, all these single moms all say the same thing, my kid is number one and thats great and it should be, if you want to meet a guy you have to make time to see him and spend time with him regardless of how you want to go about that.

I just broke up with one in this situatsion she never really made time for me I'd be lucky to see her once every 3 weeks it sucked. After 3 months it's like I didn't even know her really, it would seem so long when I didn't see her, it felt acward then came time to kiss and stuff.

She had him basically on week days and she didn't want me to be around him and her during the week for atleast 5 months. I understand and get that, thats fine. But if on the weekend you want to go out and get drunk all weekend with friends and and throw me in when ever on a weekend **** that GGGRRRRRRR.
 goga00
Msg: 656
Posted: 5/27/2009 5:44:38 PM
Oh that can also happen in Canada.
But what it usually happens is a DNA test and if the child is not his sometimes the mom pays back, but most of the time they have pay child support either way.
 goga00
Msg: 657
Posted: 5/27/2009 5:47:29 PM
Well maybe one day another guy will be man enough to take care of your child, now that you probably wont take care of him or her wiht your way of thinking. That is just rude.
 jokerspade77
Msg: 662
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:36:05 PM
hey there are a few guys out there that wouldnt mind at all. there are a lot of crazy things that happen. dont get yourself down, your better than that
 tonyv57
Msg: 670
Posted: 5/28/2009 8:51:25 PM
I'm 57 years old and have dated many single moms, before and recently. It has never worked out. I'm not trying to stereotype anyone, but these are my real experiences that I hope others will avoid. First, I find these women are traumatized after finding out life is seldom happy ever after. They don't even try to hide their contempt of men or how they evaluate new guys primarily on our finances. Even women who claim to support their own children expect their new man to pay some family expenses as a gesture of his commitment to her and her kids, unless they're just enjoying each other as lovers and there's nothing wrong with that. But most single moms I've met live at the poverty level and really do want a guy to bond with and help raise children who typically only want their real father back. I dated a woman whose baby daddy snuck in and out so she could collect welfare. One women threatened to sue me for paternity if
I didn't pay her off, until I educated the stupid wench about DNA testing.
Worse, never underestimate the sheer vindictiveness between a woman and her ex.
A biological father told his child to lie that I was sexually molesting her. The mere accusation alone cost me thousands to clear up legally and to this day, I will not stay anywhere near children without unbiased witnesses. And yes, I've even had the pleasure of death threats if I didn't clear out. I'm a Vietnam combat vet and I can defend myself, but why risk my life over a woman and kids that aren't even mine. I'm not trying to rant against single mothers, they have it tough enough. But I don't feel sorry for them. They fell for hot guys and got burned, sometimes intentionally despite obvious warnings. Back in my younger days, sure, I'd promise these women whatever they wanted to hear, bed them and move on to the next one because frankly, the ones I dealt with had pretty low morals, poor self-esteem and bills to pay anyway they could. But now I'm looking for a longterm relationship, without kids whom I still don't trust. I think single moms should just enjoy sex and affection wherever they can find it, but don't be naive about demanding a new man love and care for your kids. Chances are you're going to go through a lot of men or become a religious celebate. I know there are a lot of wonderful sexy single moms out there and I really wish them and their kids well. But in this age of easy virtue and easier divorce, be careful who you get into. But that's just my view of it.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 671
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:05:30 PM

It's not. OK.. meet at the coffee shop today, if we don't make each other barf then tomorrow I tuck her kids in and read them a bedtime story.

No, if you are looking for a sex partner, or someone to go on dates with, then it's not that way and will never be that way. If you are looking for a husband, someone to be there, support you (Yeah, I know, you don't need no stinkin' man, I hear it all the time), and be a father, then that is what you will look for. They are mutually exclusive.

It's not how many parents, it's the values and morals they are raised with.

I disagree. It is not about values and morals. Oh, they are very important! But it is also about working together, problem solving, making a team out of two different people. It's about sacrifice and leadership and instilling these values into the child by him/her seeing them in action. It's about seeing mom AND dad resolving conflicts and learning proper and effective ways to do so. It's about seeing two gender roles in a home, and learning that humans "Nest" and have "places" when working in a structured team. And this just touches the surface!

And last, you wrote:

That doesn't mean that I can't do a good job by myself.

I seriously disagree. I think you may be able to do an adequate job, and if you are lucky enough to have a high income bracket so that you can afford a nanny and a male gender role model, then you may do well.
Most do not have these benefits. They will see only one side of the two human genders. They will see the inside of a daycare on average 11 hours a day, and spend only about 4 hours a day with the single parent - and most of that will be taken with bathing, food prep and cleanup, and watching television. If you are leaving the child with grandparents, then they are instilling the values you are not, but in a haphazard way.

In addition to this, given any emergency, and the child must take a back seat in your life. You are only one person. You can try to be hercules and carry the entire world on your shoulders, but in the end, I am sad to say, the same words are psoken by single mothers all over the United States a hundred time every single day as the handcuffs go on.

"He's a good kid. I don't know what went wrong!"
 Gideon_70
Msg: 674
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:35:49 PM

SINGLE MOMS...DON'T BE ONE OF THE WOMEN HE TALKS ABOUT. IT'S HARD, BUT GET A JOB, WORK TOWARDS A CAREER AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS. PROVE JERKS LIKE THIS WRONG!

I wish it were so. I really do. Statistics disagree.

Before tax income by category (national averages):
Widowed single mothers: 22,790
Divorced/separated: 18,580
Never married mothers: 9,820
Average income married couples: 43,130

On average, Single mothers with no car:
Divorced/Separated: 23%
Never Married: 65%
Widowed: 24%
Married Couples 3%

Single Mothers employment:
Divorced/Separated: 50% full time: 30% part time: 20% unemployed
Never Married: 25% full time: 30% part time: 45% unemployed
Widowed: 30% full time: 40% part time: 30%unemployed

This is what the study concludes:
As for the phenomenon of higher income, single proferssional women having children, it is unlikely. ...only two percent had a single mother age 30 or older and a household before-tax income of more than 30,000.

According to the Bureau of Statistics 36% of single mothers, after including social programs such as welfare and food stamps, were living below poverty levels. Also, as the income increased, the amount of time the child or children spent in day cares also increased. By the time the income had reached the midian average for a two parent home, the amount of time the children spent in daycare vastly exceeded the amount of time they spent at home.

In other words, instead of a wife staying home with the children, the women had assumed the role of men, and commercial child care services had assumed the role of raising the children - the traditional role of the wife.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 675
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:49:10 PM

I mean, cmon girls...we can't be spontaneous anymore, or "fun"..etc...or whatever most men look for..

What I find attractive is character, personality, responsibility, reliability, desire to work together, willingness to work within a structured enviroment, and willingness to improve herself through school and/or beneficial activities.
 lissa_brat
Msg: 683
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2009 5:30:51 PM
well, I think its a bit harder yes.. i am a single mom and i think it intimidates guys.. maybe the right one will appreciate who you really are; and like all that comes with it.. that is what i am hoping for myself.. the dating scene defenitely isnt the same.. but if you belive in yourself enough; it will all come to place..
 KeeperOfTheStones
Msg: 686
Posted: 5/30/2009 12:52:59 AM
Wow! What a **stard! I believe that guys do infact get scared, but not all. Kids are wonderful and are a huge blessing. I wouldn't trade mine for the world. I had the same question of do women get scared when a guy says they have a toddler as well; so it seems that it would work both ways for men and women who are single with kids, and are trying to date. In reality, all you can do is keep searching and filtering through all the riff-raff until you find someone. Smile and never give up. Everthing will turn out just fine.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 690
Posted: 6/1/2009 2:49:24 PM
Well they do know how the equipment works.
But really, kids are like desert, best left in small doses and in a pinch, skipped all together. Im picky that way, which would explain why I am still single.
It doesnt however explain why every girl I meet is Kidded up, knocked up, breedin and shackled with babies. We all have our cross to bare.
 Troubadour_72
Msg: 692
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 12:45:37 AM
es, most of us do.
I'm a single dad, and I know what it's like when you just can't find the right person who wants that type of person at that time in their lives. It's more of a timing thing.

Mature men are attracted to women that are grounded, and won't sway with the wind. They may seem like they crave the "party life", but at the end of the day, they love women that are responsible, care deeply for them, and have a strong base. Don't be worried, there's lots of great men looking for great women, no matter what you might have experienced in the past. Most men love children, it's just tough to adjust when they might not be their own.

The problem about guys is not that they don't like women with children, it's that they don't usually meet them when they are "out on the town."
It's probably harder these days to meet single people that would take on a single parent, and all the so-called "baggage", but with these sort of mediums, it's better than leading each other on for a long time, and getting hurt.
At least you can say what you're looking for, and not pull any punches, and hopefully lure out the good ones!
Hang in there! Good luck! :>
 steve217
Msg: 695
Posted: 6/3/2009 8:56:37 AM
I'm a single man with no kids.
It doesn't bother me.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 698
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:21:20 PM

Our children are far more important than any man could ever be.

Exactly. That's honestly how it should be...

But is the very basic answer to the OP's question, too.
 abc112
Msg: 699
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:14:08 PM
hay h r u ,yer rite most guys will run if u tell em u have a child/baby ect unless they have also so wot u need to do is look for a guy with kids at the same time its not about you any more every thing is for your son i put this banana in cos i think it looks good and i have wont'd to use it but had no one to send it to so i've put it here for all to see hope u lik it as much as i did
 heterotic
Msg: 703
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:47:23 PM

NO. Understand? NO.

Why would any man (or any women for that matter) who could get a women without that baggage attached to her hips 24/7; accept someone with that baggage?

Single mothers are damaged goods. You would not buy a jar of produce with the top popped off at the supermarket would you? So why date a single mother? She had ANOTHER MANS KID. That alone should be enough to make you delete her emails. Any man who dates a single mother is a LOSER. Why would you want to always come second to another man's DNA? Women are the gatekeepers. They choose to have these kids with no fathers.

Talk about starting off an innocent human life in this hard cold world with a winning lottery ticket and a good hand of cards. A single (usually low) income and no father. Oh yes! Thanks Mom!

Single mothers should be left on the shelf. I'm tired of this behavior being accepted by society. Look at the prison statistics. An estimated 90% of all male and female prisoners are the products of single motherhood. This behavior is a BLIGHT.

According to census figures in 1959 the single mother rate was 4%. The majority of whom constituted widows and divorcees. Today the single mother rate is 40%+. The bulk of which are unmarried women in their 20's.

And as long as society stands idle and "accepts" this behavior you can expect the out of wedlock single motherhood rate to keep growing.

You have an incredibly bleak idea of what a single mother "must" be.

I own two businesses, have not filed for child support or any other means of government help and at the time I got pregnant was planning to marry. I'm 24, have a 2 year old, don't chase after my ex, and consider myself top shelf goods. I certainly haven't and won't be lowering my standards just because I had a relationship with a man who is a manipulative liar and got pregnant, and chose to do the responsible thing and have this amazing child.

My mother was a single, divorced mother (my dad was incredibly abusive and a criminal, from a married, wealthy home) and you know what? I choose who I am. My mother being single and making barely enough money to keep the power on has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not I choose to commit a crime. That data is relative to the number of single mothers there now are.

Plenty of women today (who do not have children) have no respect for themselves, and do not expect it from men. In return, men do not have nearly the respect for women today that they did in years past.

As someone who boasts about the 50's and how women were married before they had children... does this mean you do not have sex outside of marriage? Women weren't single because if they were having premarital sex and got pregnant the parents forced them into marriage.
 Wisconsingirl
Msg: 704
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:52:44 PM
Not only was I a single mom from 1988 unitil they moved out at 18... I now have custody of my youngest daughters two children... I am still running into the whole baggage story... I lived it my whole life... my girls were 2 and 3 when I divorced... I raised them all on my own... no father in the picture...

Now, I am 45 and scared to death... still single... and two babies... are there really any good guy out there... I have 20 years of experience that says no...

All we want... is the love and respect we deserve... we don't need "mothers or fathers" for our children... we are looking for companionship.... someone to hold us, walk with us... smile with us... we can raise our own children... we just want someone to hold our hand while we do it...
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 705
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:45:26 AM

NO. Understand? NO.

Why would any man (or any women for that matter) who could get a women without that baggage attached to her hips 24/7; accept someone with that baggage?

Single mothers are damaged goods. You would not buy a jar of produce with the top popped off at the supermarket would you? So why date a single mother? She had ANOTHER MANS KID. That alone should be enough to make you delete her emails. Any man who dates a single mother is a LOSER. Why would you want to always come second to another man's DNA? Women are the gatekeepers. They choose to have these kids with no fathers.

Talk about starting off an innocent human life in this hard cold world with a winning lottery ticket and a good hand of cards. A single (usually low) income and no father. Oh yes! Thanks Mom!

Single mothers should be left on the shelf. I'm tired of this behavior being accepted by society. Look at the prison statistics. An estimated 90% of all male and female prisoners are the products of single motherhood. This behavior is a BLIGHT.

According to census figures in 1959 the single mother rate was 4%. The majority of whom constituted widows and divorcees. Today the single mother rate is 40%+. The bulk of which are unmarried women in their 20's.

And as long as society stands idle and "accepts" this behavior you can expect the out of wedlock single motherhood rate to keep growing.

^^^another one mommy didn't love enough.
 Justchocolate4u
Msg: 709
This guy like single moms.. like u.
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:17:53 AM
Hello Miss..

Please dont be too hard on urself. You are such a wonderful and responsible person/mom, lookign after your baby single handedly. You have earn alot of respects from me . You just neeed to stay wellwith positive attitude towards life. Personally, I feel comfortable with a single mom thanwith a single lady. With signle mom, there is always something to talk about, the kids, etc.
I would not want to miss an opportunity to know you..

cheers,
Aaron
 Justchocolate4u
Msg: 710
Posted: 6/15/2009 9:21:13 AM
Single moms Rules!!
 TheToefactor
Msg: 711
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:11:45 AM

Your a LOSER. Understand? A LOSER

your pretty tuff sitting behind a computer screen you little bitc.h

Guys with somthing to offer are far less likely to accept another mans baggage as part of the deal. But guys with little or nothing to offer (hint, hint) will "accept" single mothers. Are you so desperate to get laid you would actually lower yourself to becoming second to another mans DNA?

Lol! I feel so sorry for you! That is so sad...

shut your cake hole you hockey puck before some one pulls your bottom lip over your forehead where it belongs.

your father obviously shot the best part of you down your mothers leg....
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >