Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 inferno14
Msg: 759
view profile
History
Do guys like single moms? Page 13 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

the benefit of this is u dont get as many games. they more often know what they do and dont want, and have no time to muck about.

I wish that was the case with mine. She had no clue what she wanted and strung me along. I know that the majority of single moms know what they want but if I ever get in a situation like that again I'm walking away. It's not worth the stress and potential heartbreak if she chooses to not date you.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 760
view profile
History
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 8/2/2009 4:48:53 AM
Great!! Many of best mates are unmarried mothers, and I passionately enjoy spending time with their children..

However,....

Quality Relationship Demands Quality Time, and with 3,4,5+ children is unlikely to be feasible...

~sc~
 codey321
Msg: 761
Posted: 8/2/2009 3:27:11 PM
It does change things. It is a different world dating and having children period. Some men will mind and some some wont. All ages have there own issues. I have a teen girl (17) who has plain old just not liked someone I was dating. She is just grouchy in a lot of areas right now and is not a help in the dating world for me. She is getting better now (thankfully!) I also have a 7 year old son that I just don't expose to my dating, unless it got to a point where I knew I was going to really date someone for awhile.
 4x4guy95348
Msg: 763
Posted: 2/16/2012 8:40:50 PM
I prefer a single mom over one without a kid
 OneLadysMan2012
Msg: 764
Posted: 2/17/2012 3:03:54 PM
Most women don't accept men with kids but after they have kids, they all of a sudden have a change of heart.
 mecaillamarie
Msg: 766
Posted: 2/19/2012 7:07:29 PM
yes hun im i the same boat and trust me you will find someone who will love you and your child just dont give up but dont drive yourself crazy looking :)
it will come to you

best of luck
 Dreamboat333
Msg: 767
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:08:27 PM
Wow, how horrible for you. Your man will torture himself later in life, when he realizes what he lost... and he will.

Guys fall into two categories; A. Those who percieve the child as a threat to the attention they revieve from you, and; B. The kind who will care for the mother because of the woman she is, and will treat the child like an extension of the woman he finds interest in.
 rsterba
Msg: 768
Posted: 2/23/2012 5:54:50 PM
yes guys do like single moms after all some guys are single dadds and who are we to judge anybody for being a single parent. Anybody who judges nsomeone for doing it on there own with kids isnt worth your time anyways
 Isaac2011
Msg: 769
Posted: 2/24/2012 9:42:04 AM
Hello Beausmommy,

I want you to know, that as a recently single father (divorcing, 1st, and only) - yes, men are attracted to single moms - and I must admit that I share the same fear as you - however, I have received about 4-5 replies on POF than I thought, and the reaction to me having children (two boys); was surprising. So 1st, try to get that idea of men not wanting you out of your head - it is so NOT true - 2nd - no matter what you do, stay positive - when you send a message, stay positive - when you text, talk in person or on the phone, no matter what you talk about, good or bad, stay positive - make the other person know that regardless of any situation you encounter, (and sounds like you do) you always look at it from a positive perspective - you find the good in even the worst of predicaments. Now, I'm not a pefect father, I'm no psychologist, but after bieng married for nearly eight years, together for nice (seperated last four years) - I have learned a great deal about relationships, people and yet have more to learn - however I am a realist, passionate, but firm - understanding, but stand my ground in my beliefs, ways and convictions. Anyway...i"ve gone way off here, but please rest assure that YES - men actually LOVE single moms - 3rd...and last - any person - who can dedicate, committ their life to a child - if a man is looking for long-term (such as myself) - then that shows that she (most single moms, unless they specify otherwise) can and will dedicate herself and committ faithfully, and truthfully to him - regardless of what scenrio you have recently left from - be more confident - in my research in woman and relationships, woman like a man who is confident - well, we like woman who are confident - we like woman who are independant, but at the same time will allow the man provide for her if she chooses not to work, or be a stay at home mom or what have you - I understand completely your fear and concerns in this area - but as a single father, as a man - YES..most definitely men are attracted and even looking for a single mom - many if not most men would prefer a single mom whether you have one, five, six - kids - as do woman, we men want a mature, loving, and devoted woman...who better fits the profile than a mother?? Right? So...give it time, he's waiting right around the corner - but remember, smile always - stay positive - and share that with everyone you encounter. :-) I hope this has been helpful and not too boring..lol I just read your post and fealt compelled to respond...little longer than anticipated,but..no matter...have a great day!! :-)
 One_Can_Dream
Msg: 770
Posted: 2/24/2012 10:24:15 AM
From my perspective if you talk to guys that say they have a problem with it then they are not worth your time. If you ask me you may end up finding a better person since for one to accept that you do have a child in most cases I would assume that the man is much more mature and considerate than the one that would not give someone the light of day because of a child, but in some cases alos you will have what I like to call little immature boys that will think they can get involved for a quick "relation" then move on. You may have to keep your guard of for these type of "boys" as thier mentality is sometime since you have a child you put out. Which we all know most single mothers are not this way! I hope my post does not offend anyone but that is my take on the situation...
 mainelyhere
Msg: 771
Posted: 2/24/2012 2:39:29 PM
Even if a woman doesnt need my money to help pay for her child. the money she could have pooled with me so we could build a future together with our mutual kids is diminished.

someone elses child (for me) is a financial drain, and Unnecessary financial drain.
 mainelyhere
Msg: 772
Posted: 2/25/2012 8:45:23 AM
Lol, is it possible to acknowledge that not wanting to be burdened with someone elses child is not ground to question their manhood?

Why is "real man" such a go to insult for EVERYTHING?

a real man will date a single mother

a real man will date a fat girl

a real man will etc etc
 mrcs84
Msg: 773
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2012 9:38:46 AM

Why is "real man" such a go to insult for EVERYTHING?

Just a shaming tactic to make women feel better about themselves.

Check out this thread about what a "real man" is...
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7249020.aspx

People can't even come to a consensus because, well, lets face it; the term "real man" is subjective. Throwing out "not worth your time" or "not a real man" comments are just part of the girl-power mantra to rationalize why a guy wouldn't stick around.
 itstime4me2fly
Msg: 774
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:31:12 AM
hmmm... REAL MAN ... is there such a thing ... and also a REAL WOMAN .... im not going to go into a terminology of what i think a real man is , but a real man in the sense of a partner that is a great man .... or a great woman ..... a real man is a man that was born with all the "male " parts .... a real woman is a woman that was born with all the " womanly parts"

soooo , girl power , i so dont think so , its just like calling us ball busters for being strong will ed and open minded ... hey , i never wanted to be a single mum , but when a guy thinks is ok to say ,,, hey this isnt working and walks out the door , you instantly start growing a pair ....

now what can the term real man be associated with ,

maybe a man that takes on a task without being asked or needing a thank you ,
maybe one that takes on his lovers children as his own
or what about the guy that pays attention to the little things you say , for eg .... im illergic to roses , but i do love having bulbs , for the simple fact that every year when they pop up , i remember the time you gave them to me ....
or maybe , its all of the above .... who knows ... maybe its YOU that has to find out if you are a real enough man .......................

no offense ... just another perspective
 itstime4me2fly
Msg: 775
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2012 12:36:01 AM
i can relate to your X , i dont know what i want . I was so sure of myself in the past , but now i just dont know , it might not of been a case of stringing you along , she might of been working it out for herself as she goes . Me i make it quite clear ..... im not after sex , not after a relationship of sorts .... i am looking for someone thats just wants to walk along with me
 Infinity_G
Msg: 776
Posted: 2/26/2012 5:23:28 AM
There was this one woman I emailed, single mother, early 40's, had a picture of herself with her son, who appeared to be in his high school years . I don't mind dating kids with children that age, even their kids are occupied with dating. lol So there's no real hurry to find a baby sitter, esp. if their kid is old enough to drive.

Anyways, she said that she was looking for a fellow single parent as well, apparently she preferred dating single parents, too. I found that kind of unrealistic, but whatever. Or perhaps just an excuse.
 rlo556
Msg: 777
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:48:22 AM
Well the fact is as a single parent, your options are going to be more limited. Roughly 50% of the people who would have dated you before will not now. I've had this conversation with friends, both male and female, and most say that a kid is a turnoff. Utnfortunately, I fall into that category. Forget this "real man" term that's bein thrown around here to make some of the women feel better about themselves. It's a preference. I'm sure that many of you women have your own dealbreakers that can be viewed as "shallow"b ut hey, who am I to judge? We have the ring to be in a relationship with who we chose right?
Now, I'm not saying there is no hope st all for you single parents. Women, there are still good guys out there for you . I also have friends who have dated and married single.mothers or are single mothers and they are in happy relationships. Now you're going to have to be more careful and selective than before though. SOME friends I have see single mothers as a target because, "Single moms out out". My advice is to take relationships slower than you would if you didn't have a child. Remember, these are people that you will i've to trust around your children one day
Good luck toeveryone on their search..
"Problem solved, problem staying solved"
 zozzo
Msg: 778
Posted: 2/26/2012 11:05:56 AM
I love being a father, but feel too old to have kids. I'm looking for a woman who's ex is uninvolved/absent/out of the picture.
 mainelyhere
Msg: 779
Posted: 2/26/2012 6:22:20 PM

maybe its YOU that has to find out if you are a real enough man

Im not defending men that leave their families, though i question anyone that stays in a relationship with a shitty person (male or female)

I speak of women that shame men for not wanting to date single mothers.
 lilpoindexter
Msg: 780
Posted: 2/26/2012 7:47:34 PM
HELL NO! Who wants to deal with someone else's kids and baby daddy drama. Sorry toots, you played yourself.
 smilingrock
Msg: 782
Posted: 2/28/2012 3:53:13 AM
Not having any kids by choice, yes birth control works, I have to laugh at the whining going on here.

Its all about family planning folks and the financial responsibility that goes with it. Having a kid to save a marriage/relationship dont work as you have drifted too far apart already.

I still dont understand those that keep on making the same mistake over and over again.
 ricominciare
Msg: 783
Posted: 3/1/2012 3:50:45 PM
Beausmoomy, I believe the question you are asking is related to the type of man you are seeking, yes? I have seen men in the club scene only want the mom for one reason and one reason only...sex...If that is your cup of tea and thats all you are after then the question is a mute point is it not?

On the otherhand if you are seeking a real relationship perhaps it might be in your best interest to communicate with men who acknowledge your a single mother and reframe from the physical part of the relationship until you see/feel he is onboard with you as a parent/partner.

Again just my opinion
 misschris12
Msg: 784
Posted: 7/28/2012 12:00:54 AM
I have an infant too and it is very frustrating looking at the possibility of dating.. I am on this site to feel like there could be an adult life in the future.. and it does feel like an uphill battle because it tends to scare away most men, and some men just dont understand what it entails when your talking to a single mom. I am very frustrated by all of this, and I have never had any problems meeting people in the past so it's a little foreign as well, I hope you meet someone who can aid in your happiness :-). A child is NOT a handicap though, and I'm beginning to see that it actually helps to weed out those that are not capable of the stress- which is a nice filter in a way.
 Patara
Msg: 785
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:08:41 PM
hello beausmommy i am mario from edmonton i saw youre picture and ou dont look like happy i want to make you happy i am thinking you need fun laugh if you want give me answer or you come to my skype user name is patara1907
 Patara
Msg: 786
Posted: 7/31/2012 11:10:43 PM
would you like to meet this saturday
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >