Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drafthorse23
Msg: 788
Do guys like single moms? Page 14 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
hello my name is richard and well to start there is alot of guy (not all) that do leave pregnant women because part of it is they think that they r loosing there freedom but they guys r in the wrong for that. Yes some guy do like single moms because it gives them a form of helping and taking care of a child, for the ones that do that i tip my hat to them with pride and im the same way. As i look at it if a guy is with a gal that has a child or children he should acept them as his own , its a package deal period. well when i gal does tell a guy that she does have a toddler he will get scared ussally because most cases the father is around and can cause drama or thinking the mom might go back to the father , if a man is not acepting of a child for the mother then he is looseing out alot. family is most important and never give up hope. on a personal note most of the gals ive dated had kids and and the fathers were around but i didnt let that get in my way of being happy, im sure u will find a great guy that will love u and your little one for life, well if u ever need to talk more about it email me ok and have a good day with your little boy

Sincerly,
Richard Strom
 drafthorse23
Msg: 789
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 8/2/2012 2:35:46 PM
hello my name is richard and well to start there is alot of guy (not all) that do leave pregnant women because part of it is they think that they r loosing there freedom but they guys r in the wrong for that. Yes some guy do like single moms because it gives them a form of helping and taking care of a child, for the ones that do that i tip my hat to them with pride and im the same way. As i look at it if a guy is with a gal that has a child or children he should acept them as his own , its a package deal period. well when i gal does tell a guy that she does have a toddler he will get scared ussally because most cases the father is around and can cause drama or thinking the mom might go back to the father , if a man is not acepting of a child for the mother then he is looseing out alot. family is most important and never give up hope. on a personal note most of the gals ive dated had kids and and the fathers were around but i didnt let that get in my way of being happy, im sure u will find a great guy that will love u and your little one for life, well if u ever need to talk more about it email me ok and have a good day with your little boy

Sincerly,
Richard Strom
 angelo22
Msg: 790
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2012 6:35:45 PM
Am single dad and respect single moms but not if ya want somebody to pay ya bills...that's lazy
 msmiz
Msg: 791
Posted: 8/3/2012 3:41:07 AM
When I left my first husband he told me no one would ever want me because I had 2 very little girls full time on my own. He was very wrong. And when things didn't quite work out with whomever I was dating, believe it or not, the biggest concerns centered around being able to still hang out sometimes for "family days". I now have 4 children and am single, again. I am not looking for someone to replace my childrens fathers. They have dads that love them very much and are great dads. I do want someone there for me. And if someone is mean to be a part of your life they will love everything about you, including your child. And yes. There are lots of really good decent men out there that won't be scared off because you have a baby... and they will love you!
 Mrgiveitright
Msg: 792
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2012 5:28:26 PM
We love single moms. But most single moms don't like us, unless we do a lot for her and/or the children, who will rarely appreciate him. A double whammy.

I read a lot of ladies profiles that read, quote: "I need to meet a man who loves/likes children. If you don't love/like children, then you are not the man for me". End quote. Translation: I want you to take care of me and my children or you are not my type.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 793
Posted: 8/4/2012 6:00:12 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I read a lot of ladies profiles that read, quote: "I need to meet a man who loves/likes children. If you don't love/like children, then you are not the man for me". End quote. Translation: I want you to take care of me and my children or you are not my type.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Real Translation: I want a man who doesn't hate kids and won' treat mine like crap. If you don't like children then you are not the man for me.

seriously.
 okclooking
Msg: 794
Posted: 8/6/2012 9:37:39 AM
I actually perfer a mom because I have children, and I look forsomeone that can be understanding of the fact I do
 phil127
Msg: 795
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2012 10:12:16 PM
wow,who says military guys are all so great.what a jerk.Sorry for your situation,because seem nice.The truth is guys do like single moms,especially if they have kids themselves.But I think what the one person said about focusoing on your little one while he is still an infant is right. Worry about you later because your baby needs you now.If you happen to find someone in the meantime,then that's great,but shouldn't really be your main focus,more of a secondary concern.That may sound harsh,but it will make you a better mother for it and likely a stronger person,although you seem pretty strong already having gone through what you have.We all have doubts about our love life,but I believe good things come to good people and you'll get your happy ending eventually.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 796
Posted: 8/11/2012 9:31:58 AM
Wow.. probably why you are single Saznxia.. If I didn't have kids, i wouldn't date you anyway.. not with that kind of attitude. Does it make you feel good to bash on single mothers? Do you bash on single fathers the same way? Or is it only the females who you despise? Get a life.

ps.. doubtful men who date single moms are lazy.. we're harder to please and require more advanced notice and planning then our child free counterparts.

~~~
They will only consider so many miles where they live and won't even consider women in a different region let alone another country.
~~
What is wrong with this? Long distance relationships are hard! With or without children involved it's not always possible to move to be with each other. I don't want to date someone in another state. a 2,000 mile differences in addresses means you see each other how many times a year? If you can count them on one or two hands it's not going to work. How do you initiate a 1st date? Both of you fly to some middle ground state and meet in the airport bar for coffee?? Seriously.. Even a 2 or 3 hour difference is hard to overcome with work and personal schedules, kids notwithstanding. Funny part is I tend to have more free time then the child free men I date. Go figure. Guess i'm better at time management.
 missmermaid4u
Msg: 797
Posted: 8/11/2012 3:32:25 PM
..simple as that..and why not..on another site might have been a jk..someone posted in their profile (middle aged business man) (and many ppl commented about his profile in the forums ; with questions like;..was he for real? aka seriously..he wanted a women to be dressed to kill around the clock, cook, clean and b ready for action..why not hire a nanny? We all agreed he was chauvinistic and should let the ladies define their own destiny..(ie to work or stay home..decide how to dress..etc.),
By the same token, it's not too extreme for a women to want a man to love and respect them, to care for them without being an ATM..not as an equal..but to question why wouldn't you want to win the affection of your spouses children (if it came to that) first things first..and that means putting all the cards on the table.
 missmermaid4u
Msg: 798
Posted: 8/11/2012 3:35:39 PM
ha ha I may have wrote that wrong in reference to why not hire a nanny`no sexual connotation implied(lol) sorry ;))
 medtech1a
Msg: 799
Posted: 8/13/2012 4:06:46 AM
I personally don't have a problem with it plus its sad that guy did that to you and he wasn't thinking at all. I have been single since returning from Iraqwhen I found my fiance sleeping with my best friend up my return. I would love to have a family even its with a single mom with kids. Its sad to see that these guys don't take the responcibility of handling this like a man instead of a boy.
 QueenBeeSweetness
Msg: 800
Posted: 8/13/2012 5:41:19 AM

A lot of guys have low self-esteem or are too lazy to wait it out and find someone better that doesn't have children. If a good looking single mother with an ok attitude pops into their life and they don't think they will be able to score anything better, then they will sometimes think it's a good trade-off if their original plan was to have a family to begin with. I think guys that don't want kids or are unsure generally know better than to get involved with single mothers. It's the ones who ALWAYS intended to marry and have kids that get suckered into taking care of some others offspring cause they don't think there are any other single childless females out there for them to date that meet their specifications. We all know that line of thinking is false but many guys are lazy and don't want to put the effort into finding a decent woman outside their comfort zone of where they live or region. They will only consider so many miles where they live and won't even consider women in a different region let alone another country.

That is very offensive to men who love women with children and love the children as their own family.
I highly doubt you would have the balls to say that to a mans face.

There is a such thing as falling in love with a person, and you end up loving her/his children as a natural result of the fact that they are precious to the one you love and thus become precious to you.
If thats not YOUR thing, whatever. Kids are not for everybody, and it is an all-consuming thing to love a child and raise one. But to downgrade men who love a woman and thus end up loving and perhaps even raising a child or children? Pathetic and disgusting of you, and shows how INsecure with your own manhood you are.
 irishbreakfast
Msg: 801
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:46:18 AM

Tom Leykis warns men to not get involved with single mothers!

really?
Don't forget, avoid dead beat dads - ie males of the species who fail to support and secure the success of their progeny.

If independent women who can take care of themselves and their kids scare you, definitely put Tom Leykis in your Interests list,

It helps weed out the misogynist Dbags who can't think for themselves.
 rockondon
Msg: 802
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:19:05 PM
Single moms are the best, most beautiful, appreciative, and wonderful women out there.
You better believe that guys like single moms. I sure as hell do.
 amalco_5
Msg: 803
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:58:37 AM
I don't know but in my cases the father stuck around but isn't really much of a father to our daughter....im scared like you that i will be alone forever but i still keep hope alive that someone will find me wonderful and beautiful enough to marry one day....hope floats!
 FUNKAHUNA85
Msg: 804
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:07:07 PM
Im sure that there are guys out there that would love to a part of childs life....why no that would be an honor.
 ben1734
Msg: 805
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:14:10 PM
not really maybe some 90 percent will not want to date a single mum to much dramas and baggage to go along with the ex and most guys prefer to meet woman without children ?
 nate7533
Msg: 806
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:59:47 AM
i think single mums are the hottest and best cause they no what is good for mum and child and dont settle for second best
 DizzyDan82
Msg: 807
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:38:59 AM
Yes, I love single mums! I myself have a daughter and would really appreciate someone in similar circumstances. It means we can help each other out, but not in the 'replacement parent' kind of way. Basically giving each other advice, support and understanding. It also allows us to act as role-models for the kids to learn from, especially if their real father/mother is either not there or has issues.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 808
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:45:50 PM
I used to have no qualms about dating a single mom. IN FACT; part for the reason I chose NOT to have, and raise, children of my own was that I knew there would BE so many single moms and lil cubs who could use and appreciate my better place in life (After attending to my own business, and bettering myself)

THEN........I found out, through personal experience AND reference, that the "use" part was a guarantee; whereas the "appreciate" part was likely not going to happen.

Now; I am very distrusting of investing too much into dating a single mom.

Sorry; it hurts me too, but it's the way it is
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 809
Posted: 8/16/2012 4:21:29 PM
I'm sorry you got used.... doesn't mean all of us are like that..

I'm leery of all men because I don't want to get used..I don't differentiate between one group or another.. but I don't think all men are users.. i'm just not dumb enough to get sucked in with my eyes wide shut into a "user" relationship. That being said.. I give all men the benefit that they are not this type of guy, but I watch for signs.. as I know them well.. I've been used for my money a few times.. live and learn.. right??
 wasaw
Msg: 810
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:22:04 PM
Speaking from personal experiences I would say that when it comes to single moms, you are harder to aproach when in public because there is that image that you are taken. As for all single parents I think there is a feeling in the back of your head that the father/mother will always be around and most will want to avoid that conflict. I'm not sure what the overall answer is from the other men, but too me there is something beautiful about single moms that can do it all. Because most of you can.
I'm a single father that was raised by a single mother and I told myself I would never do that to my children but we all make mistakes and I'm man enough to at least be in my childs life as much as I can and support her in anyway I have too. I've seen single mothers first hand and I hate too say it but most of you raise great kids.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 811
Posted: 8/16/2012 10:28:16 PM
~~~~~~~
I've seen single mothers first hand and I hate too say it but most of you raise great kids.
~~~~
Why do you hate to say it??? Thank you! It's refreshing to hear someone say something nice once in awhile.

I can understand that guys might think we are taken, and will think the other parent is always going to cause problems. It's just not always true. It never hurts to say hello.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >