Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do guys like single moms?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ben1734
Msg: 918
Do guys like single moms? Page 42 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
not really maybe some 90 percent will not want to date a single mum to much dramas and baggage to go along with the ex and most guys prefer to meet woman without children ?
 nate7533
Msg: 919
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:59:47 AM
i think single mums are the hottest and best cause they no what is good for mum and child and dont settle for second best
 DizzyDan82
Msg: 920
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:38:59 AM
Yes, I love single mums! I myself have a daughter and would really appreciate someone in similar circumstances. It means we can help each other out, but not in the 'replacement parent' kind of way. Basically giving each other advice, support and understanding. It also allows us to act as role-models for the kids to learn from, especially if their real father/mother is either not there or has issues.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 921
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:45:50 PM
I used to have no qualms about dating a single mom. IN FACT; part for the reason I chose NOT to have, and raise, children of my own was that I knew there would BE so many single moms and lil cubs who could use and appreciate my better place in life (After attending to my own business, and bettering myself)

THEN........I found out, through personal experience AND reference, that the "use" part was a guarantee; whereas the "appreciate" part was likely not going to happen.

Now; I am very distrusting of investing too much into dating a single mom.

Sorry; it hurts me too, but it's the way it is
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 922
Posted: 8/16/2012 4:21:29 PM
I'm sorry you got used.... doesn't mean all of us are like that..

I'm leery of all men because I don't want to get used..I don't differentiate between one group or another.. but I don't think all men are users.. i'm just not dumb enough to get sucked in with my eyes wide shut into a "user" relationship. That being said.. I give all men the benefit that they are not this type of guy, but I watch for signs.. as I know them well.. I've been used for my money a few times.. live and learn.. right??
 wasaw
Msg: 923
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:22:04 PM
Speaking from personal experiences I would say that when it comes to single moms, you are harder to aproach when in public because there is that image that you are taken. As for all single parents I think there is a feeling in the back of your head that the father/mother will always be around and most will want to avoid that conflict. I'm not sure what the overall answer is from the other men, but too me there is something beautiful about single moms that can do it all. Because most of you can.
I'm a single father that was raised by a single mother and I told myself I would never do that to my children but we all make mistakes and I'm man enough to at least be in my childs life as much as I can and support her in anyway I have too. I've seen single mothers first hand and I hate too say it but most of you raise great kids.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 924
Posted: 8/16/2012 10:28:16 PM
~~~~~~~
I've seen single mothers first hand and I hate too say it but most of you raise great kids.
~~~~
Why do you hate to say it??? Thank you! It's refreshing to hear someone say something nice once in awhile.

I can understand that guys might think we are taken, and will think the other parent is always going to cause problems. It's just not always true. It never hurts to say hello.
 MudBurn
Msg: 925
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:32:13 AM
Some reasons for not dating single moms:

1) Baby Damage – Birth has a traumatic effect on the female form. Pregnancy leaves stretch marks, saggy breasts, and c-section scars. The nookie is even stretched out and it isn’t the same anymore. Then there’s the weight gain. Most women NEVER LOSE IT or they never get their former hot shape back.
-
2) “I Can’t Find A Baby Sitter” – Women will use this as an excuse to get out of date with you or they may legitimately can’t find a baby sitter. Either case it isn’t your problem and you shouldn’t have to deal with it.
-
3) Babies Interrupt Sex – I’ve had this happen to me. I was banging a woman and her kid interrupted my sex. Needless to say I was pissed. If some kid is going to interrupt the meanest head you’ve ever gotten, that kid should have your last name.
-
4)Rent-A-Daddy – Realizing her mistake, realizing that kids (especially boys need fathers,) The woman gets desperate, any and every guy has the potential to be “daddy.” You’re out trying to get some, not inherit a family.
-
5)You Know What She Going To Do – She already has one kid, if you knock her up, it’s safe to assume she’s going to have another one.
-
6) Bad Judge of Character – This female got knocked up by somebody that she was “supposely in love with.” Not only is she a bad judge of character, she’s GROSSLY irresponsible. The same guy that’s an a$$hole now, is the same guy she thought the world of and had unprotected sex with.

sanxia51
Msg: 926
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 5:35:03 AM
The answer to this is very easy, first nobody wants other people baggage, a woman — or even a men, because I agree with the fact that many women don’t date men with children — means dealing with too many issues that women chidless young women don’t have. Second, becoming a mother while being single says the kind of woman that she is. If the woman became a single mother by choice usually means or that she has some issues with men/negative mentality against men or she feels that men are optional or that she doesn’t value men therefore a men wouldn’t ever think about anything serious with a woman like that and they just play with them. It is very difficult that a woman who is good marriage material and has values about a relationship will get pregnant while being single, and men know that and that is the kind of women men want for marrieage, Now men do have double standards for women because they want to play around with these women until they found a “marriage amterial girl” but then they want their woman to be a saint which is totally wrong. But I think that women have a lot of responsability in this attitude because if women would stop being so easy to go to bed with men then men would have no option but to be more serious on all their relationships.
 babygirl12-12-11
Msg: 927
Posted: 8/17/2012 6:31:50 AM
:modhammer: ok but if u dont talk to this woman to see what her circumstances where and/or r how do u know what she is like, has done, person she is, and/or has been threw??? if u just skim past her because she has multiple children and u dont talk to her u r asuming the worst about her... o she must be a slut because she is 27 yrs old with 3 kids... because im pretty possitive u said this and just like this "The truth is, single mothers are often seen as two types by most men.

A) Women who had bad circumstances or bad luck - They were cheated on, they were left after 10 years of marriage, their spoused died on them, etc.

B) Women who make bad decisions - Got pregnant too young, got pregnant without a career, multiple children from multiple fathers, got pregnant without securing a marriage or a long term commitment first, etc, etc.

Most men may or may not commit long term to the first type of single mother. If a man determines you are more like the latter, he is probably more likely to see you as useful only for a good lay once in a while."!!!! well what would u say about a person/woman like me??? my circumstances r awful, painful, strong, loving, devoted, respectful of all those around me and want me, caring, trust worthy, and most of all giving to all those who know me!!!!! i have only been with 3 guys my whole life (WILLINGLY)!!!!! My first daughter was concieved from date rape, my second daughter and my son where concieved from love (nothing less then pure love)!!!! my boyfriend before our son was born died in a car accident ( brain hemmorige)!!!!! so do i get labled because of my age, and how many kids i have???? or do u talk to these woman before u pass judgement on them????? do u try to get to know them before u say their no good, lets hit NEXT????? do u even CARE about their stories, history, life choices, and wrongful doings????? stop and think about the (ONE IN A HUNDRED BAD ONES THERE IS A REALLY GREAT WOMAN STARING U RIGHT IN UR FACE AND UR HITTING NEXT BECAUSE UR JUST TO UNBELIEVABLE STUCK ON WHAT U THINK HAPPENED, WENT ON, OR JUST TO ARRIGENT TO CARE TO ASK HER BECAUSE THAT REALLY WOULD BE TO MUCH WORK FOR U)!!!!! I am a one in a million kind of woman and i better its safe for me to say some of these woman with kid/kids r to!!!! yeah some make a mistake once in a while (NO ONE IS PERFECT)!!!!! dont down us before u know our story!!!!! ASUMMING MAKES AN ASS OUT OF U NOT ME)!!!!! remember that.....
 VTECturbo
Msg: 928
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:42:00 AM
The fact of the matter is you have a kid, and it doesnt inherit 23 chromosomes from me.

Circumstances behind birth and how well you are doing now isnt the concern. A child thats not mine is a child I cant care about. Simple as that.
 S9779
Msg: 929
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 9:23:41 AM
Don't be silly of course guys like single mums some of my friends go out with single mums and I would as well and some are even in long term relationships and treat the kids as there own.
 lad3da
Msg: 931
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:35:10 PM
I have never had a problem of men being interested in me despite having a child, a young child (15 mo) at that AND the father being involved.
I used to think that once they knew of the father being very much involved that THAT would be the deal breaker, but nope, many respect that and see past it.
There are definitely men out there, who appreciate a woman with a child...key word MEN.
 Jcloyd_05
Msg: 932
Posted: 8/18/2012 8:04:59 PM
I love single Moms, but I also love kids. What I love more than a single Mom is one that does everything for their kid instead of going out and partying. So some guys are different than others, but I see it as a great opportunity to meet someone that has just had a bad experience with an ***hole.
 fkn_edgy
Msg: 933
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:29:06 PM
Personally I don't. The reason that I most commonly hear for folks in my age-bracket ending up in such a situation is simple naiveté - which isn't an attractive quality in any potential partner. Furthermore I'd worry for their kids as children from single-parents are statistically much more predisposed to trouble with the law, drugs, problems in school, etc. than children that are the product of a normal relationship.

Unfortunately there is a disproportionate representation of single parents on this site (and especially in my area it seems!), probably because they are too busy trying to support their kids to meet people through more conventional means :(
 mskwilson601
Msg: 934
Posted: 8/25/2012 9:26:35 PM
Men are traditionally more attracted to non-moms if thats a correct term because they dont want to deal with the prospect of having to deal with another man being in the picture. But at the same time there are good men out there who accept you and your child. I myself am a single mother and its hard to see myself finding someone but Im optimistic that love is out there for me.
 The NDN
Msg: 935
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2012 10:30:10 PM
Yes Sweetie, Guys like girls with children. Especialy young ones.

Pach
 markyuc123
Msg: 936
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2012 10:53:33 PM
Hi. I'm a single father and feel the same way. When you get to my age (39) I think I would rather date a single mother as long as it isn't just so I can help raise a child as I have my own daughters to raise. Generally women my age have kids that are grown or close to grown up. The majority of the difficult stuff in raising them is almost over and I would think it would be comforting to be with a women who knows what it is to raise a child. We would have more in common.
 KaZzAm44
Msg: 937
Posted: 8/27/2012 8:18:25 PM
You shouldnt say now is not the time to date - hell are all single mums that have babys going to be afraid to let their hair down and try and trust again.. i mean i had a pretty rough falling out with my sons father my sons 5 months- but yet im on here and iv met a bloke and quite happy seeing how its going- there is nothing wrong with letting your hair doan and doing something for your self weather it be - get ur nails done- go out - or finding that peice in ur life that may be missing- sure ur child is everything to you but eventually you might need some you time- :)
 joker102877
Msg: 938
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:50:03 PM
I'm not scared to date a single mom at all. I do have preferences though . . . I would prefer the child be young (<5 yrs) for reasons of building a relationship with the child as well, and I would prefer that the single mother have adequate access to a babysitter. I just got done dating a single mother, it ended because she was a liar/cheat, but we never even went on a proper date because she couldn't get a baby sitter (paycheck to paycheck, relying on mom and dad for babysitting).
 crunchyfool
Msg: 939
Posted: 8/28/2012 11:40:21 AM
Sure I like single moms as much as I like single women without children. Just don't expect me to "love" your kids right out of the gate. That is, at best naive. Unless the child is your own the chances of bonding immediately is pretty much null and void for anyone. If a profile tells me I need to love your children as much as you do I don't see the point in pursuing that person. It's just not going to happen in the short term.
 GuelphBossman
Msg: 940
Posted: 8/28/2012 11:52:01 AM
OK I just read the question and hit reply. So maybe this has been said in one of the previous 40 pages (40 pages? Holy sh*t!). OK here it goes....

Men like women. Unless they like other men.

There you go. You can find guys who like single moms, divorcees, women who are married, women who are single, women who used to be men, women who like sports, women who like to shop, women who like their Harleys, women who love to sleep with a lot of guys, women who are virgins, etc., etc., etc. The list goes on and on...especially on here.

You sound like a pretty good person with a good head on their shoulders. Although that's from reading the original post and nothing else (not even your profile). Give it time, you will find someone. If not on here then somewhere else. Good luck to you in the future.
 MudBurn
Msg: 941
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:32:59 PM

There are definitely men out there, who appreciate a woman with a child...key word MEN.

"Real Man":
An idiotic "standard" that humans have come up with to man some men feel inferior, and make some men, and some women, feel superior.

This is put in place because in the wild (Shy away christians) we come up with ranking systems to keep the whole pack under one rule to help the overall survival of the pack or group.

This illogical mindset has no place in an agricultural world where our main goal is no longer survival.

Mostly it is used to manipulate idiotic insecure men into doing something that they would normally not do.

Overall it's ignorant, illogical, and the sad thing of it is, is that people actually believe themselves when they say that someone isn't a "real man" unless they act the way that the insulter wants or expects them to.
This standard that they have set that they think they can (and do) enforce through manipulation, is usually completely unrealistic, illogical, and just stupid in every aspect of the concept.

Pathetic.

You'd be a "real man" if you (insert command here).

How could you (Insert an event that the other party doesn't like.)!?!?!? You're not a "real man"!!!
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 942
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:52:43 PM
ok.. I can deal with your rant on "real men" I'll tell you.. I don't like that terminology either.. Men are real men if they have a penis. If I'm saying your not a real man, you're probably in drag or a women pretending to be a man. Or something..

I will not date immature boys even if they are the age to be considered men. This includes those who have never grown up, still do illegal things, still depend on others to full fill their day to day needs and probably some other stuff that i'm just not thinking of right now. I'll gladly date a man who is young at heart, but not an immature one.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Do guys like single moms?