Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 A-DEVOTED-ROMANTIC
Msg: 260
Do guys like single moms? Page 5 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
oh so true. i agree with you very much..
 A-DEVOTED-ROMANTIC
Msg: 261
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 6/18/2008 12:07:02 PM
I very much agree with hot chocolate. Wild a single mom date a guy that had 4 kids if she knew if they got married or lived common law and it dud not workout she would have to pay child support for the man's kids?

If you know of someone getting treated like that then the lawyer screwed up.
 shaggy0504
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 2:44:11 PM
I have no problem with a woman that already has a child cause i love children. and your very beautiful so you shouldn't have any problems finding a guy. and if he don't want you cause you have a child then hes not worth it but don't worry the right guy is out there for you i'm sure of it. well good luck and if you want to message me sometime so we can talk i'll be here ttyl.
 lokihss
Msg: 264
Posted: 6/19/2008 1:22:25 AM
I think it just depends on the guy. I don't really care if shes a single mom as long as her mindset isn't just on finding a daddy for her child. I actually started dating a girl while she was pregnant and dated her up until her daughter was 6 months old. Im sure some guys wouldnt want to date a single mom but hey thats there loss then.
 PMC00
Msg: 269
Posted: 7/1/2008 5:53:20 PM
I like to date single moms, but I have found that single moms with 3 or more kids do not want to date me! 5 kids between us is a bus load which I can understand. But so far no dates from this site, so I really wonder if single moms like to date single dads?!

I mean common, I am a great dad, I cook, clean, own my own house, have a good job, and provide the love and structure my children need.
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2008 8:28:56 PM
Often I get along with the kids better than the single mom. Kids are fun, nutty, creative and carefree. The moms I've been with are generally cautious with a chip on their shoulder, which makes it tougher to get close to them emotionally. The biggest turn-off is how they frequently promote the thought that they don't need a man to adequately raise their kids. Possibly true, but that sure doesn't give me the warm fuzzies, and I doubt the kids would agree if they understood. Unattached, never married women look especially attractive after comments like that, so think a bit before ever saying this to a man with whom you're involved.
 dirtydance
Msg: 277
Posted: 7/7/2008 7:41:20 AM
i have raised my little one all on my own worked hard at my job with no extra help..
im giving my child and excellent education loads of love we are so close we are bestmates..since i have started this new chapter in life i have found that men actually like me alot more for it as i am a very independant woman i have been tols that i am very passionate and i guess some men like that being a mummy you become more in touch with life itself! x
 only1111
Msg: 278
Do guys like single moms? YES THEY DO
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:02:50 PM
HEY KID OF COURSE THEY DO AND YOU WILL FIND OUT SOON YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL GIRL TAKE CARE OF YOU KID AND YOURSELF WILLIS
 sxykisses
Msg: 285
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:55:18 AM
I am a single mum of 2 beautiful children and and i am happy with that. i work full time and look after myself and my kids without the help of child support. all i am looking for is someone to keep me company at the end of the day and to chat to but all i seem to get is men trying to sleep with me because i am a single mum. is it just me or do men assume that because we are singles mums we must be easy?
 tallshyman
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 10:10:27 AM
no I want a kid with my DNA
 kit82
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 11:23:20 AM
hey my man has no problems with single mums in fact what was it he called me oh yeah a MILF
T here are some really caring guys on here (minus the one i got my claws into )
and being a single mum didnt change their minds
 gollfrr22
Msg: 288
Posted: 7/11/2008 2:48:58 PM
Hey Beausmommy, I thought your question was very interesting, and yes single guys are interested in single moms. I was in a marriage , divorsed little over a year and reason was because I wanted children and she didn't,,so again yes we are interested. I would love to fall in love with a women who has a child , especially if the child is at young age..You hang in there.
 babydollkitty
Msg: 291
Posted: 8/2/2008 9:04:39 PM
i've been trying to meet someone one here but it seems all they want is sex and not a relationship. my son has his dad in his life and we both choose to go are seprate ways. but since i have a active almost 6 year old it seems no one will even contact me i stated in my profile my son comes first always as it should be. but i'm now ready to start dating again. i'm 36 now and i'm not getting any younger lol wish we all could but, where is that mr wonderful out there for me? i also have full custody right now and have him at home with me 80% of the time i can get a babysitter if someone who actually wants to take me out and get to know me for me.thank you and single moms out there i'm looking for new friends i don't have any out here at all :( it helps to have people in your life. kids can be stressing at times any parent will tell you that. thank youfor listening to me .
 johnniejetski
Msg: 292
Posted: 8/2/2008 9:26:17 PM
yes! yes and yes!!!

john
 Northern Lights
Msg: 296
Posted: 8/3/2008 2:59:28 PM

I have tried dating a few single moms and it just doesn't do it for me. The post about how attractive the woman is hit the nail on the head. Men will sacrifice most of thier personal convictions to have sex with a beautiful woman. Guys that say diffrent are LYING. The only ones that are sincere have kids themselves and know they have to sacrifice because they have the same disadvantage. Why would you want to start a life with someone who already tried with someone else? If I get married my wife would have to have a similar situation in life.

A girl with kids is a VERY undisirable triat. Men pretend it doesn't bother them but it can rarely be kept up for long. Raising a child costs time and money. Thats time you can't spend with him, thats money you don't have to go out and do things as well, which means the guy has to be a homebody or pay for you to spend time with you. Not to mention the kid is a constant reminder of your past relationship. Also a woman that has had children rarely returns to the physical form she was before she got pregnant.

I truly feel for the guy who had to pay anything just for cohabitating with a woman with kids. That makes me think even harder before getting involved with another woman with kids. I would escape to mexico or work under the table before I would pay child support for kids that wern't even mine.

Bottom line, the woman would need to be my ideal in every other way for me to want to be serious with her if she has kids. You decided to keep the child so your only option is men with kids as well unless you are a knockout.

WOW.... this just blows my mind.

Lemme tell you something Erik.

I am NOT tied to anyone. I have a son, he has a father who is in his life on a regular basis.

He lives his life, I live mine. The only time we really talk is when it has to do with our son. If a man can't handle that, then he's not worth my spit.

I dated a man for almost 10 years who had grown children. He always told me he didn't want anymore kids (which is fine, because I don't either), but he was fine with my son. Even when we lived together, *I* was the parent. I did not expect him to help care for my son, to support him, to do anything other then to treat him with respect. He did that and so much more. Only because he WANTED to. I never asked him for a damned thing when it came to my son. He was really good to my son. We had plenty of time together, both with my son and without, and yes, kids take time and money, but you know what, it's totally worth it.

If you see women with kids as "undisirable", then thats fine, I find men who can't spell just as "undisirable" . If a woman having kids is a constant reminder of a past relationship, you've got some serious issues here buddy... truly.

Do you honestly think women who don't have kids don't have past relationship reminders as well?

Your attitude towards single mothers is appalling. Being a single mother (OR father) is the hardest, but most rewarding experience anyone can have IMO, and your 'tude kinda makes me thankful, for there will be so many single mothers out there that are spared of your judgmental bullsh!t.
 international_adventures
Msg: 298
Posted: 8/4/2008 5:33:25 PM
I love single moms!

I will say that I can learn a lot about a woman as to how she interacts with children, especially her own. But I can certainly appreciate that it is a lot of work and mothers who raise and teach their kids with love and discipline have my total respect!
 Jaxpopeye
Msg: 300
Posted: 8/4/2008 8:05:25 PM
15 years ago, I met someone that had (3) children. I ended up marrying her and raising (3) boys. I cared for them like they were mine. There are guys out there that like single moms or will just care for you for who you are and not what you have. But, I think most guys would be afraid to get involved and have to raise someone elses child. I wish you well.
 Northern Lights
Msg: 305
Posted: 8/6/2008 10:04:56 AM

yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this guys got it right whats point getting involved with a ready made family
when you can make ya own of free

Ummmm.... yeah... ok... you say you've got two kids, and you're single. Did you leave your babymomma with a ready made family too???

God, guys like you turn my stomach.
 Northern Lights
Msg: 307
Posted: 8/6/2008 10:28:57 AM
Well, this is a perfect example as to why they should bring mandatory sterilization back for some folk.

Nothing like running around and creating babies for "free"
 mikey012
Msg: 310
Posted: 8/8/2008 8:31:25 PM
yes i like single moms.the reason is because that way i know that if i would date them they know how to raise a child,and that they like kids,i have a daughter.im looking for someone that has kids or atleast like kids.hope to hear from you
mike
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:25:39 PM
Well if anyone cares for you they will have to care for your child too. So it doesn't matter if there are those who get turned off by single moms! LOL
On a more serious note...
I should've posted my own thread about this, but I will say I do not put that on my profiles online. I have a daughter and came to realize that there are men who target that. God it's sick, but true.
 PoeticHeart
Msg: 318
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:07:15 PM
Yes, If you are compatible and the man isn't shallow... it scares men to try and raise another mans kid... I know that isn't what you want, but that is how alot of men think... I Know where u come from... And you are thinking of you kid... But remember, know the man first... Think one day he'll be the step father wether you like it or not... (If obcourse you stay together) Now, I have a step mother, as much as I do believe in spanking (Not beating) I was never raised with it, and maybe I should have even tho i have never been involved with the police, but served time with them when I did co-op for them... She threw a phone book at me and tried to hit me with a frozen pizza.... and my dad took her side... Always take your child's side but investigate b4 any rash decisions, cause if you take the bf's side the child will think you love him more and come to resent you... As I have forgiven my father after long time for that choice....

make sure that he has same style of parenting and ODN'T HIDE THE MATTER IT WILL BE KNOWN, and if you lie than your chances of being hurt become higher... Men don't know (Most of which) what love is... Specially men that don't have kids...

But this could be a novel.... So the rest to be short and sweet Yes there are ment who will accept a woman with a child...
 predsfan85
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:51:47 AM
Well speaking as a single father yes we do. I think its horrible how many non father guys think of girls with kids as baggage its horrible, i think its great! I cant speak for every guy but myself and child or not shouldnt matter, look at that person as a whole for their beauty inside. I think some guys get scared thinking the girl expects them to play a father role. Well if some would like to stand up and take that role thats awesome. I am a single father and i know its not easy i get girls who second i tell them i have a 18 month old daughter they run as fast as they can in the other direction. I am not looking for a mother past year i have been playing both mom and dad i just want someone to spend my time with. So i understand alot of how you feel i may not be a female but the way people think is horrible. So i can say some guys do like girls with kids maybe not all but there are some of us out there
 peadew
Msg: 321
Posted: 8/13/2008 12:53:00 PM
1st let me ask you this do woman like single dads (yes mine live with me )to answer your question although i cant answer for all men this man says yes it doesnt bother me any
 sterzy
Msg: 324
Posted: 8/15/2008 2:37:40 PM
You have to be living with the person for years!! and it is both ways!

You also would have to prove alot that you were living in a common law relationship.

You shouldnt talk about what you dont know about!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >