Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ironman78
Msg: 367
Do guys like single moms? Page 7 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I'm A single father.I don't see me beeing with A women that does'nt have childern.A parent has A sens of selflesness .I don't think people with out childern are wrong for looking out for #1,but can't realy understand how strong that sens of selflesness realy is nor should they have to.Waiting for that right man to come along is the best thing that you could do.When you find A man that can embrace that love that A mother and child have to offer you'll be glad you waited.Just A bit of babl from the heart.
 palmer f
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 9/24/2008 10:50:56 AM
I think it all has to do with the single mom and has she resolved issues with the ex and her past. If she is stable and drama free for the most part, then she should be fine. But if she is having pity parties and the likes. Then no, I would avoid her at all cost.
 fiz gig
Msg: 374
Posted: 10/5/2008 10:53:35 AM
Hello, WOW, I am kind of new to this site but I was just browing and I ran into this catagory. OMG .... well there are a lot of responses here though comming from all . pretty much if the guys like kids and willing to man up to it....no most likely there is no issues and doesnt care if there is a child involved or not. I only choosed yours to respond to because you have all the questions that are caommon all in one message. What cought my attention is every body that has a kid always says " I am not looking for a father for him/her." or to all the questions by Beausmommy. This is all wrong this is NOT the way guys feel when looking at if the girl has a child or not. We DO look at it though as if there is a child involved, we assume the responsability, we know before the second date if we can accept it or not. (but keep in mind I am almost 40, I see some of ya'll are a little younger) Every body my age or around my age most likely has a kid or has had kids over 18 in collage. This is a reason why I am responding to this is because I face it on this site all the time and this is probably is what is happening to me when I am talking with someone and then one day it stops and I never hear from them agian... It is like, how does that happen? I know yall didnt die. So just letting you know that if on your site you talk about your kid (s) and we a couple of days in a conversation with each other or perhaps meet already we already acepted it and assumed the responsability. So do not put so much on this area. Because remember looking at it from our eyes is we do not know how far to take it when talking to them and doing things for them. We are more likely to say ask your mom becasue we do not know what to do. Kids do not know if they are allergic to something or if there is a special way of doing it for them. I like kids and do not mind at all if the person I meet/chat/date has a child. And let me tell you if it is more like the guy is telling you no prob. no prob. then you find yourself arguing about the issue then he really lied to you didnt he?
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 375
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:16:22 AM
I had an awesome, good-looking, fun-loving, romantic, passionate, hard-working, stable, fun to be around, all around great, man marry me as a single mom, he knew my child came first and respected that, and he was a wonderful father to my daughter and to the son we had together, he had no children and was a "confirmed bachelor:, but he happened to like me as a person, single mom or not,Love can happen for single moms 2 sometimes when we least expect it.
 CRAZYMAMA03
Msg: 376
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:05:56 PM
it is very hard to find a good guy and yes i agree most just want sex!!! i have caught on to that. but im a "good girl" no matter how long its been or how much i like it- ain't gonna get it!!! its awsome that u have custody of ur baby!
 CRAZYMAMA03
Msg: 377
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:10:47 PM
this is an awsome story!!! im so happy for u! i met a guy on this site actually and was with him for 2 years. he accepted my kids at first and then after the first year he no longer accpeted it. that was hard. he was pissed that my kids came first. of course we are no longer together. it go the point my kids asked me to get rid of him.
 CRAZYMAMA03
Msg: 378
Posted: 10/5/2008 11:18:52 PM
this is really hard to respond to. yes there are alot of young people on here but i am 34 and have 3 kids. and it is no in any way easy to find a someone who really cares enough to look past that. to omany guys are afraid of that. maybe if i had one it would be different? but 3 seem to be scary!!!
i would never expect a man to come into my life though and assume the "father role" thats just not right. especially with 3. thats not at all what i am looking for. i even hid my profile on here again because im so sick of the crap i get from guys.
its amazing how many men want to meet a single mom, go out ect... but then over time just disappears. all contact stops and eventually you get a message that says sorry cant do it.
i have absolutley no expectations when i meet someone(which i usually dont let it get that far anymore) or just talk to someone. i no longer put my heart into it or hope that something will come out of it. because i know better. not worth it knowing he is just going to one day walk away.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 381
Posted: 10/6/2008 9:46:00 AM
I think that if you're a single parent and cant get a date it might have to do more with your personality than the fact that you're a single parent. I know some single mothers that men would fall all over to be with. I found a wonderful husband as a single mom. If you cant get a date, quit blaming your parental status.
 CRAZYMAMA03
Msg: 382
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:00:54 AM
lets not forget the single dad's as well!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 383
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:30:14 AM
The single dads have beat the "who wont people date me as a single dad" horse to death
 WhaleyDaley
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:55:03 AM
Hi hunny as a guy i thought i'd just write in and say for me personally it does'nt matter at! Yes at first glanse its the female i'd be looking at but if you've a child its not a problem i would be happy to get to know you both. Not all blokes are pigs but a lot are. xxx
 sunshine5833
Msg: 385
Posted: 10/6/2008 5:43:07 PM
Guys do like single moms. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I wouldn't be in a hurry to date..you've got a gorgeous lil one to tend to now.
 CRAZYMAMA03
Msg: 388
Posted: 10/6/2008 6:27:58 PM
i agee it is just as had for a single dad as it is a single mom. wow! 7 kids. thats awsome!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 394
Posted: 10/7/2008 5:34:44 AM
Honestly honey I think 7 children is 2 much for anybody, even a happily married couple, it would make me wonder whats wrong with you mentally to have not one or two or three or four but seven kids, especially in a precarious relationship.
Im Catholic also and im satisfied with 2!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 396
Posted: 10/7/2008 10:45:25 AM
Hey im sorry i know that came out biotchy, it is great that you are a good dad and care for them many blessings to you on that, i just dont understand the need to keep popping out that number of children just for the sake of breeding, if your relationship is precarious it does seem downright insane, just my opinion though, im irish and catholic as well and it never made sense to me, oh well.
 spiderman81383
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 12:10:54 PM
well i know that to me kids are everything and yes i still find wemon with children attractive if not more attractive than before. The only problem it seems that single moms still go after the badboys or whatever u call them wemon in genreal most not all but most are attracted to those kind of guys and then keep going back. It seems that they dont give the average guy a chance one who works hard though he may be a little shy at least he is respectfull and knows how to treat a woman. give us nice kindhearted guys a chance and maybe u will see that there are people who care that want nothing more than that feeling of comfort and companionship. anyways hope everything for u improves and my best wishes to u and ur beautifull child
 sweetcountrygrl19
Msg: 402
Posted: 10/7/2008 7:33:35 PM
I know exactly how you feel i have a one year old daughter and i have worked to jobs before even then guys wouldnt give me a chance. Im not looking for someone to be her father either she has one. But still the fact remains that alot of guys see it as baggage i have been told that by more than one guy so i understand completely
 NotInnocent
Msg: 405
Posted: 10/8/2008 9:53:39 PM
ha ha.. next.. now serving number 42...

yea.. it's that easy when you in your twenties.. not so much when you get into your thirties..

I find it's not to tough to find men, just is tough to keep them.. but I probably just make bad choices.. it's a gift..

What I always think is funny is I never ever meet a guy and wonder if he views my child as baggage, i never ask them and I don't think they are any less then me because they don't have children. If he tells me that he just isn't comfortable dating a parent then I respect that and let him go. I don't wonder if that was a scapegoat, I'll never know anyway. Sometimes i'm not comfortable dating a guy because of some trait or social status he has. I expect the same respect in return.

Children aren't baggage, but I can see and completely understand why some men wouldn't want to get involved where there are already children.

Makes me wonder tho guys.. do you hear single parent and see baggage? Or is it just the select few guys that think like that.. or as one poster put it, does it depend on how pretty the mom is... or some other variable?
 NotInnocent
Msg: 411
Posted: 10/10/2008 4:14:12 PM
See..and that's where the problem lies. we are judged as a group.. not as indivdials. Everyone dislikes that..not matter what group you belong to. if you don't want to date single parents that fine and dandy. but don't assume that because some of us have drama that we all do.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 415
Posted: 10/13/2008 11:51:32 PM
Nope guys dont like single moms. You will all be doomed to being old dried up maids. They dont want to be saddled with your hostility and baggage and child support dramas.
Except me though they love me im the coolest single mom on the pta they all line up outside toys r us to get my number.
 CRAZYMAMA03
Msg: 418
Posted: 10/23/2008 9:48:29 PM
no really they guys get scared away and they run fast!!!! i have this happen too often. i get told nothing but wondeful things about me and then one day gone. and it kills me to think that something so incredably great just ended without warning. just one day they walk away. i have about given up on dating because im tired of getting heart broken. i have made alot of friends on here but i do not let it go beyond for fear that one day he will just walk away. so i have to disagree with you. i have been a single mom of 3 kids for 7 years. they are well behaved and great. and im no tjust saying that cuz they rmine. but it happens evrytime - after awhile all of a sudden it sinks in i have 3 and then run like hell! be grateful you have only one child. i am very independant. i have a very large house and a geat career . so that is not an issue. so i have to say yes men do not like to date single moms. OR maybe they do not like to date moms with multiple kids?
 kristink28
Msg: 420
Posted: 10/24/2008 6:30:59 AM
You make a lot of sense throughout your expression. I am in the same boat as the original person who started this. I have yet to find a good man. I am an independent woman with a 4 year old.

What I tend to have a problem believing is there are nice guys out there and they want to get to know me for who I am. I am not used to a man opening the door for me or calling a lot or paying for me or just going out for a walk. I am used to the complete opposite and I have learned a lot from my ex (my daughters father). I have learned to not settle for less just because. I have learned that I can do things on my own and still have a fantastic life without a man, though a man would make my life that much better.

So the moral to the story is if I find someone worth while I hope to get to know that person. I would like to find someone, thus i have been single for over 2 years. Dont get me wrong i have dated here and there within those 2 years but nothing serious.

kristin
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 421
Posted: 10/24/2008 7:18:42 AM
Can everyone stop painting single moms as people no-one wants to date, speak for yourselves but plenty of single moms have no trouble in the romance dept.
I hate hearing people blame their parental status on why they cant get anyone.
I have had relationships not work out after i had my first child and NEVER blamed it on having a child. Thus i also met the man of my dreams (childless man btw) and he married me as a single parent. Yes there are a good number of people who dont care if a woman is a single parent, long as she is not whiny moany bitter and obsessed with hating the ex and cryng about how she wont better her life and get off welfare so she can buy JR a coat for the winter, and damn these witches on Plenty of fish forums that think we should stop whining about how unfair life is long enough to go do something about it.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 424
Posted: 10/24/2008 8:07:38 AM
THANK YOU Jaxjoe i think love you!!!!!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 428
Posted: 10/25/2008 9:03:45 AM
If you see your parental status as a problem why wouldnt anyone else.
Present yourself as a woman with a lot to offer, and what you have to offer, being a single parent is PART of who you are, not the one and only defining label.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >