Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mm2868
Msg: 509
Do guys like single moms? Page 9 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I agree with you totally.
 mm2868
Msg: 510
Do guys like single moms?
Posted: 4/2/2009 12:55:50 PM
they are NOT the same girl.
 *tazz7897*
Msg: 511
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 9:47:29 PM
i have to say that i should hope that a man would not turn away from being with a lady due to her having a child. I know a few that would not want the issues and the same i am sure goes for ladies but you will find some one that is going to love you for you no matter the situation
 Mikeed77
Msg: 513
Posted: 4/4/2009 9:04:18 AM
I think the key thing is to make sure the person is ok! with kids that are not theirs! you see it all the time; people say they are OK, then treat kids different because not theirs! not good!

Also! keep child away for new dates; don't want people in and out of their lives!
 alyskin
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 3:56:10 PM
I also have had terrible luck. I was with the dad of my young son for a while and we had everything that the "american dream" was supposed to be. Well, it wasn't. Now I have been dating and sometimes it is strange when you have a child, especially if they don't. When the guys don't have children and they "hang" with you and yours for the first time, it's hard. I know I personally feel as if everything my toddler does, terrible two's, that I am being judged not only as a mom but as a woman. I find it weird.
I think that there are a lot of single dad's out there wondering the same thing. I guess there is someone for everyone, right? So I am sure guys will like you and if they don't then that is their problem and it wasn't meant to be. My son is almost three and you will figure out how to balance things, good luck.
 alyskin
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 3:58:12 PM
I totally agree with your thought that raising children is the most important thing you can do. My child saved me as a person, a woman and as a whole. I can't even think to imagine my life without him, no matter how bad you want to pull your hair out!!
 tina r
Msg: 516
Posted: 4/4/2009 5:27:41 PM
i two have been a single parent for 15 yrs , and i ask myself that question especially because i have teenagers now im like u im not looking for a father for my sons im looking for someone for me and will be able to handle the fact that i come with a ready made family and they have to except them or keep on moving so chin up and there is hope if u have faith and believe, i do i know the good lord will send that special someome one my way and i pray the same for u after all ALL SINGLE PARENTS NEED TO STICK TOGETHER WETHER WE ARE FEMALE OR MALE . god bless and congrats on the good work u are doing with ur child enjoy him because they grow up so fast.
 MercutiosGhost
Msg: 518
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:07:16 PM
I personally don't mind single moms, and not because they have proven to put out. So there you go.
 69AnGeLeYeS69
Msg: 528
Posted: 4/6/2009 3:39:08 PM

hats garbage, fact of the matter is, what turns me off about single mothers isn't the kid.. I love kids. It's the attitude that most of them I see carry around... "I'm the mom of 4 beautiful little girls they are my world, if you can't handle that go somewhere else."
Shitty attitude.
Two, is it really that hard to not have kids at a young age? There are countless forms of birth controls.... and condoms for christ sake, you can get them FOR FREE. And women with multiple children in their twenties are scary, means they aren't using protection... It shows a sense of irresponsibility to me. You always say you don't "want a daddy" but what happens when you've been with a fellow and it's time to shit or get off the pot. You still gonna feel that way when he says he doesn't wanna be your kids dad?
"We were married/engaged so we decided to have a baby and he left me " Maybe you shouldn't have had a kid before you were married and together for a decent amount of time.
Especially before the dude leaves for war. This isn't 1943....
Plus to the dudes who say they don't mind because it's become the "norm" you shouldn't lower your standards just because it's the "norm" when it shouldn't be the norm.

I totally do understand where you are comming but there are circumstances where its pretty much outta their hands...i was not supposed to ever be able to have kids but i still talked to my docter about any form of birth control possible that i could take because of an allergic reaction and me and the father both knew what was going on. i was just waiting for the day to start taking my new birthcontrol and he always wore a condom low and behold i never got my period after that and next thing i knew it i was 8 weeks pregnant he stuck around and once i hit 2 months a 17 yr old became more important than me or his kid and he ran and i mean ran...have yet to hear from him & dont plan on it. needless to say sometimes shit happens but im not runnin around gettin knocked up. i have a career and still finishing my education before my child is born..there are some decent women out there.
 paul_scarboro
Msg: 539
Posted: 4/8/2009 7:38:03 PM
I like single mom, ALOT
 MamaColey09
Msg: 542
Posted: 4/9/2009 2:43:17 PM
I ask the sam thing, I am a single mom of a beautiful daughter who is a little over a month 1/2, and I wonder if there will ever be a chance again. I will always be enough for my daughter, and I would not give her up for anything, but what about me sometimes. The guy doesnt have to be called "dad" by her and doesnt have to take care of her because I can do that. But just wonder, is there still guys like that left or are there guys that dont want a single mother.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 548
Posted: 4/11/2009 6:45:33 PM
lol @ bleed for a week and not die. lol..

Anyway.. i've said before and i'll say again. It'e merely a preference. If a man isn't ready or willing to date a women with children then they shouldn't. And women with children should wish him luck nicely, move on and find a man who doesn't mind.

Get over it!
 perpetualbachelor
Msg: 549
Posted: 4/11/2009 9:50:08 PM
O.P. Says:
So I got pregnant and was engaged.

So were you engaged to this man before you got pregnant, or was the engagement made after realizing you were knocked up?

Regardless, you should have waited until after getting married to have kids, plus, you neglect to mention whether or not the soldier who dumped you is the boy's father or not.

i am and will always be enough parent for him

Wrong again, missy. You might feel that way, but he won't once he discovers that most little boys get to have a mom and a dad. You're poor lad will have to grow up wondering where his daddy is, and why he left. You're hasty decision to 'get' pregnant is the reason for the emotional pain that will haunt this lad for years to come.

i am just looking for someone for ME....with hopes that they love my son too ....if not then i dont need them

No, you're looking for someone to babysit once in a while so you can go out and party with your girlfriends on the weekend. Someone to change a diaper or tend to your son's cries when you don't feel like getting off the couch while watching Dancing with the Stars and eating bon bons. You strike me as being selfish and demanding with an inability to write a few thoughts without having to resort to '...' every six or seven words. You obviously rush into things without considering the consequences.

Do guys get scared when you tell them you have a toddler?

The resourceful, intuitive, and self-respecting guys might think twice about becoming involved with someone who seems to have little to offer them other than a stressful situation.
 OSUguy99
Msg: 550
Posted: 4/12/2009 8:33:21 AM
honestly i think its a deal breaker for most guys who dont have kids, espescially if they only want one kid.
 Bigrockinguy
Msg: 555
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:19:56 AM
As i said before i think,i have no problem,but then at my age i have no other real option.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 558
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:49:51 AM
"The single mother that initiated this forum needs encouraging"

It did not look like she was asking for encouragment to me it looked like she was asking a question. Some time the truth might not be encouraging. That's life it does not all ways blow sunshine up your ass.
 **-Amy-**
Msg: 559
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:35:33 PM
He will come. I thought the same thing when I had to jump back out in the dating world. No one is going to want me because I have kids. Not true. You will find men out that don't care if you have children and there's also the single dads. You'll find someone. It migt be a little harder when you don't have the free time that you had before children but some how you will find a way to make it work and find someone.
 trent205
Msg: 560
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:59:23 PM
i really dont see a problem with a women having a child! i have achild and even if i didnt i dont think it would be an issue. Kids are fun man! lol now if she had a few kids and lets say they were with different daddies i would have to say no thanks too much drama for me! but one or two yea no problem!
 CorkysRevenge
Msg: 562
Posted: 4/16/2009 4:59:41 PM
Single moms are to guys with no kids what guys with no jobs are to women. It's really that simple. At the same time, I can see why people have such a hard time wrapping their heads around it.

Guys don't generally care what a woman does for a living. If a guy is interested in a girl and she tells him she's unemployed, it won't faze the guy a bit. This is why so many unemployed guys get frustrated and bitter when girls reject them for the guy's lack of employment. The guy wouldn't do that to the girl, but she's doing it to him. The guys start calling these girls shallow or selfish or whatever.

Women tend to be more open to dating a single father. If a girl is interested in a guy and he tells her he's a single father, the girl won't necessarily run for the hills. This is why so many single mothers get frustrated and bitter when guys reject them for having kids. The girl wouldn't do that to the guy, but he's doing it to her. These women start calling these guys shallow or selfish or whatever.

And no, I'm not some bitter unemployed guy trying to guilt trip women in to dating my type. I worked part time all through high school and college and had a decent full time job lined up immediately after graduation. Personally, I completely side with women that don't want to date unemployed men. Who would want to date a deadbeat?
 karnyman
Msg: 567
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:35:19 PM
speaking for myself.I like a woman with a child or kids.kids are awesome!!
 sxcsass
Msg: 568
Posted: 4/16/2009 10:07:04 PM
From personal expericence i'd have to say if a guy is in love with u love for your child come nautrally. I was engaged and got pregant however 6 months through i found out my partner was still seeing his ex... now i have a beautiful boi and i'm doing it on my own! i'm always up front and honest with guys and most actually think it's cool that i can do it on my own! some do freak out but hey if they can't handle it chances are they don't deserve you!!! just keep your chin up there is someone out there for all of us...yummy mummy's and all!!!!
 dantaylor27
Msg: 569
Posted: 4/17/2009 12:51:38 AM
as a single father a single mother is something i look for , because she will more then likely understand that my kids come first
 abelian
Msg: 570
Posted: 4/17/2009 4:20:28 AM
I think the better question is will single moms make it possible for guys to like them? I was contacted 2 days ago by a single mom, so I read her profile and she states that she keeps her dating life separate from her mom life. So, I wrote her back and said that the only reason I wouldn't want to meet her is what she said about keeping those two things separate (she listed herself as long term, so I assume that's what she really meant.) I didn't see how she could divide her time to that extent and ever have much of a relationship. So she writes back and says something about being able to go out on weekends. It went downhill from there. So, yes, single moms would be fine if it were possible to be in a relationship that isn't confined to a few hours on the weekends. Whether I like single moms depends on whether a woman makes it possible for me to like her.
 oddandy
Msg: 580
Posted: 4/19/2009 12:16:11 PM

Most of my male friend find something "sexy" about single mothers. I guess it portays independency which seems to be a "turn-on", which means you're a stable person who takes care of your responsibilities on a daily basis. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah, it just lets us know you put out.

Just kidding!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >