Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 26
Where are the women with old fasionmorals?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
onthebus Well noone's perfect and I can't say I've always been 100% true to them either. But every time I've strayed I've always regretted it.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 27
Where are the women with old fasionmorals?
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:39:44 PM
onthebus I'm so glad that you think me being honest and candid is funny. I don't. This is why women lie and say what you guys want to hear, when they get the truth they laugh or have other totally inappropriate reactions. Responses like yours is what causes women to lie and say what you want to hear, so quit asking why women do it. Now you know.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:47:00 PM
fid You guys ruin it for yourselves by the things that come out of your mouth that are insensitive, rude or just plain stupid.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:52:16 PM
Oh geeze people. OTB has a point. There are times when even the most pious people give into temptation. I dont care how moral you are, unless your name is Jesus Christ you arent perfect.

I think that everyone has their own set of standards and morals, and who are we to judge what is right or wrong for someone else?
Just because I have had sex outside of marriage, am I a whore, or have less value than someone who is still a virgin or only slept with one person. I don't think so. I do not need or seek approval from anyone out there, and if they think that I am just a loosey goosey then screw 'em. That is one more judgemental person that I dont need in my life tyvm.

So if I offended anyone by my thoughts, sorry, but some of you need to come down off your high horse and step back into the real world.

and is grachman truthboy?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/30/2005 2:59:23 PM
lusty I only can say what's right for me or what works for me. People's morals and standards are personal and noone has the right to question them or try to set them for us. After all we're the ones that have to live with ourselves.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 31
Morality? haha, they are hidden
Posted: 5/30/2005 3:59:55 PM
Texas
 blazingcandle71
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:13:09 PM
I think people have lost their fear of God, that is if they believe in him at all. It's real hard to find a person of either gender who gives any thought of eternety, it's a live fast, love hard, die young kind of generation... i really feel sorry for them... they are missing out on alot of good things, really nice to hear from someone that notices... take care and God bless
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:54:32 PM
This is Webster definition of moral:
of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ETHICAL
b: expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior
c : conforming to a standard of right behavior
d : sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment e : capable of right and wrong action

We can only determine what is moral for ourselves.
 krayon
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:57:38 PM
okeydokey... couldn't resist this one.

moist,

You might want to rethink the 1 dollar bill. At least make it a 100 bill. Men might think you're cheap.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:04:24 PM
Quoting Moist: "I think "old morals & values" have evolved over time."

A well put statement. Such evolution of values is pushed by profound changes in technology and economics. Many of social ills (such as high divorce rate and increasing number of single moms) can be traced back to changes in macro economics.

We live in a very special period in human history, an era of dramatic changes. Some innovations in technology (especially bio-technology) are challenging the very foundation of human morals.
 krayon
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:15:45 PM
All is not lost. Not by a long shot. Seek and you will find. Applicable to all ppl in all walks of life.

EDIT:
Moist,... It's a joke. Don't put it out there if ya can't take it. Geez.. and they wonder...
 mitgrad00
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:21:30 PM
@paradox:

"Before I accept that blanket statement, which ones specifically have changed?
Is it still wrong to lie, cheat and steal?"

This is a very complicated topic. I am going to give you a few examples.

"Steal":
Last year, the largest record store at Harvard Square just went out off business. The store had been there forever. But with 40,000+ students at Harvard and MIT, not a single record can be sold! Why? Everyone is downloadong from the Internet for free! Is this stealing?

For a $18 CD, the artist would only get 50 cents if lucky. This means someone in the middle of the distribution chain is taking the $17.50! Is that stealing from consumers? Then are the consumers not entitled to fight back? So who is stealing and what is the right thing to do? Let me ask everyone, have you ever downloaded a song from the Internet? Do you consider this act stealing?

"Cheat":
It used to be the case that company and its employees trusted each other for life. Now big profitable corporations lay off employees in name of efficiency and profit. Do these corporations hold responsibility toward their employees? If a company has no loyalty toward the employees, would it be OK for an employee to look for a better job behind the boss' back? Is this cheating?

I have many more examples, but I am short on time.
 mike2040
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:28:03 PM
sadly, im apart of an, use & abuse generation. lack of remorse or respect for anything, or anyone. People seem to respect how badly you can someone look instead of how resourceful you are in trying to survive. whatever happend to taking the time to get to know you better?? or does the only thing that matters is the amount of money i have or if im all roided up and stuff, or if i make someone so humiliated they can never show their face again? i know people get attracted to others by looks, dont get me wrong. but there has to be something more than just a pretty face to go along with it. personally, as a society, we have fallen so flat so fast. innocent children born to parents that never wanted them, but had them anyways. I think the worst thing for an child to learn is that he/she was an mistake. ( i know you can get pregnant by mistake and still plan it out ok) but to hear that you were an mistake and we never wanted you is really shallow and shows your true colors. No wonder we have so many "baby momas & dadies". people having children for no reason, other than to weed money out of the spouse, or to weild emotional power. how pathetic is that? i mean seriously? how patehtic have people become that you have to weild an innocent child to get money out of people? hell, might as well kidnapped them, same thing. on a closing note, do the world a favor: if your "grown up enough to stick it in, you better DAMN WELL be "Grown up" enough to handle whatever comes out of there. If your not, have a friggin abortion and be done with it. I dont want your kid robbing me in 12 years, bc your too much of a screw up to teach your kid right from wrong.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/31/2005 6:08:23 AM
@paradoxx:

Quoting: "My point is to all above, with our "evolved" morals, every one of those things have law to govern them...even if they are easier to overlook."

Actually this is not entirely accurate. Take Intellectual Property Right law for instant. US is first to invent and Europe is first to file. China basically has no (or very limited) IPR laws. Israel has very IPR law that US has, but does not enforce any of them. But inventions/movies/music etc are all GLOBAL businesses. How do you enforce any law if we don't even agree what is right?

Quoting: "Stealing is still a bad thing... let someone grab your Visa and go on vacation?"

Sure some of the things are black and white. But my point is preciously that many things are not, and technology and globalization are bluring this line quickly and profoundly. This "shade of gray" is having a tremendous impact. Music sales is down 7% a year. If we were to use a straight line projection, the last CD will be sold in 2020. That is a multi-multi-billion dollar industry! And it is being demised because everyone is now "stealing" music from the Internet. Tell me this is not signifincant.

I agree that human nature and some of the very basic human values have not changed. But on MOST other issues, what is moral depends on where you stand. Also, if you have lived in another culture (a non-western culture), you would notice that honest good people have very different intepretation of morality. We now live in a global society in America. Immigrants are being assimulated into American culture but at the same time they are also shaping/changing the American culture, including morality.

Technolgy and gloablization are bringing profound changes to our understanding of morality.
 krayon
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/31/2005 11:45:26 AM
I can only speak from my 'singleness' of the last few years. There are quite a few... more than is realized.. men in their 30s & 40s ... older and younger... just mainly referencing the ones I've had direct contact with ...who do honestly have good solid morals.

Sometimes I think we overlook em cause they are the 'average joe' in the looks... which I have come to realize that I actually prefer.

I've had the very good looking and have had the opportunity to date a "movie star" or two. BUT... I've lived that lifestyle and left it by choice.

Recently am finding quite the number of men with morals... Thank God they are alive, well, and living all across the globe.
 krayon
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/31/2005 4:06:28 PM
fid,
I am totally impressed. Not only with the comeback replies (which are good within their own scope)...but, to put multiple quotes in that quote thingy (which I can't even get the hang of) is... awesome.
 krayon
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/31/2005 4:45:29 PM

I have 'old-fashioned' morals in the sense that the Ten Commandments are old-fashioned. Not in the sense of being socially anachronistic.

For the sake of clarity, are you saying that, in your view, the Ten Commandment slant to morality is suitable for an earlier time? Just curious.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/31/2005 8:30:48 PM
When I brought up this topic and called myself old fashioned, I was called a prude! I tried to say these were my values, not values I was trying to force others to conform to or adopt into their lives. I got a lot of flack. I'm old fashioned, but, after the flogging I got here, I just don't make an issue about it in public anymore.

THAT is why I created this thread. I intentionally placed parentheses around the phrase "old fashioned", those who did not catch that were perhaps reading far too much preconceieved negativity to understand the concept. What people term as "old fashioned morals" are those ethics and principles that in my opinion HELP protect men and women from the negative effects of a "anything goes""whatever is clever""que sera sera" type of dating world.
It is interesting to me that there has been negative reactions even to the thread itself.

"what happened to the people with "old fashion" morals? Those who would see clear lines between principles and current "norms" and believe you are only as good as your actions and principles.Where are those who are tired of hearing married people thinking their situation is "different" because of WHATEVER reason.Where are those who are tired of hearing people justify not being totally open and honest? Where are the people tired of hearing some blast "old fashion" morals as being judgemental.......because that IS a judgement Where are the people tired of seeing and hearing of people who can't seem to like themselves enough to take REAL time off in between intimate relationships?"

This seems very simple and easy to understand. I pointed out SOME of the things/ethics/principles often refered to as "old fashion". This obviously infers I know and understand OTHERS think of them as such,they in fact are TIMELESS to me.

This thread was NOT created to bash women but to encourage those who believe in ethics and principles often considered by many "old fashioned" to stand up This thread was created to celebrate them. Why women? Because I am a man and I don't care about men being bashed because of their ethics JK No, because more often than not what I have witnessed on these forums, women being bashed by men and other women who seem to feel its ok to call someone who says they beleive dating while separated is wrong as being "judgemental" which is in of itself JUDEMENTAL generally the 1st ones to call someone or use the term "judgemental" is JUDGING I created this thread for men and women to have a place to discuss the issues of dating,the issues of feeling as though they are alone on the forums as far athical, philosophical perspectives are concerned, to NOT feel "pressured"even more to "blend",nor to feel as the poster whom I quoted stated as though they need to hide or become hessitant to voice an OPINION due to being bashed.

I've tried several times to make post at the end of each page but each time my the post didn't go through for some odd reason.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/31/2005 8:39:50 PM
To me, "old fashioned morals" means living by the "golden rule", being a decent person, upholding the 10 commandments. Pretty simple, I would have thought.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/31/2005 9:42:49 PM
irony of a thread on "old fashioned morals" being posted by the guy who feels the need to put the size of his****in almost every post in every thread he's been in, not to mention that it's in his SCREENNAME

I started to ignore this.......but....
1)Why LIE? I have well OVER 800(849) post on MANY topics ....LESS than 5 have ANY mention of the size of my "***" (always in context)..perhaps its dwelt too long in YOUR brain. I can appreciate you having perhaps reservation but you LIED.

2)In my 800+(849) post I've been consistent in MY lifestlye and philosophy.

3)Having a set of defined ethics IMO has nothing to do with being "naughty" and playful.As I might even say in my profile,I am ethical,principled,playful,positive,naughty and fun. I'm a man who lives by a moral code of ethics,yet who loves to dance,yet who doesn't drink alcohol(rare occasions(dinner wine) as toast),who knows its very possible to be active,to enjoy life and be a practicing Christian. As I state on match.com,I'm intellectual, philosophical, spiritual, ethical, sexual/sensuous and playful. To take any of those things out of context would mistake the balance I seek.

Some attack the message,others the messenger

Just don't LIE to try to make a point or mask your agenda
 who_the_fox
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/31/2005 9:44:05 PM
Umm....I would have NEVER known there was a****reference in the name
 who_the_fox
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/31/2005 10:33:16 PM
LOL....took me a minute to figure it out.....but yes....older people seem to have a different set of morals
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/31/2005 11:32:25 PM
Yes, and No......
Yes,there seems to be a larger percentage of those who seem "down for whatever"than perhaps ever before.

No,its not necessaritly respective of age as there also seems to be a larger percentage of "older"(over 35)people who have that same or similar "down for whatever" approach or reality.
1 problem I see is that parents often fail to teach.....what happens more often than not is they say 1 thing and do another themselves,then complain about how "bad" kids these days are because they rebel. I really think the "Babyboomer"generation has failed miserably as a collective.Now 40+,the babyboomers often complain about things many have had a part in developing.THe solution? Educate,lead and guide....through example. I applaude ALL that do.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/1/2005 3:26:37 AM
what happened to the people with "old fashion" morals? Those who would see clear lines between principles and current "norms" and believe you are only as good as your actions and principles.

They seem to making a 'Comeback' in an Era riddled with 'Playerfest Central' galore ...
 Diggy03
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2005 4:58:51 AM
<<
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?