Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 49
Where are the women with old fasionmorals?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
what happened to the people with "old fashion" morals? Those who would see clear lines between principles and current "norms" and believe you are only as good as your actions and principles.

They seem to making a 'Comeback' in an Era riddled with 'Playerfest Central' galore ...
 Diggy03
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Where are the women with old fasionmorals?
Posted: 6/1/2005 4:58:51 AM
<<
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/2/2005 3:40:12 PM

They seem to making a 'Comeback' in an Era riddled with 'Playerfest Central' galore

I trust that is true,however all the data I've come accross seems to indicate differently.Post and threads here seem to concur with that data. Unfortuanatly most of the people I've met seem to be in some type of dysfunction(ie,FB,1-2mo "relationships"), or just recently getting out. I hope this thread will foster those who never "left" standing up and some "comming back"
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/2/2005 7:19:28 PM
I posted this on another thread,do you think this fits into the overall topic here?
Many "heartbreaks" would be avoided if people just:
1)ASK questions.....ANY and ALL questions ask for DETIALS,ask follow up...if for no other reason but to get to know the intricacies of an individual

2)Observe......watch to see how ACTIONS/deeds meet up with WORDS

3)WAIT....is it surprising to find something unfortuante about someone with whom there is sex PRIOR to commitment? or prior to the investment of LOTS of REAL positive time and energy nonsexually face2face LONG before sex?.....Wait.....2-3 months after getting out of a sexual relationship BEFORE beginning to date....WAIT......then date........once you find someone you are interested in wait at least 2 months AFTER establishing a commitment of exclusive dating? This gives more time to build greater fondation,builds greater trust,builds greater longing,makes greater more intense sex and greater objectivity.Also,it will certainly do wonders to weed out the imposters.

If these things can't be done the "heartbreak" comes from making the CHOICE of another path...then its less heartbreak due to the Choice to be in the arena the heartbreak that comes from stubborness.What is the lay definition of insanity?

Obviosuly,these things aren't predicated along religious morals/principles but logic.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/3/2005 2:01:44 PM
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/3/2005 4:37:48 PM
I'm not sure if there is ANYTHING that can avoid heartbreak for ALL at all time. I state that these are guidelines to HELP. Also, while observation and waiting are similar their is a guideline for their relativity that was given. Thanks for reading and continued input is ALWAYS welcome.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/5/2005 10:07:38 AM
I'm not sure if there is ANYTHING that can avoid heartbreak for ALL, at all times. I state that these are guidelines to HELP. Also, while observation and waiting are similar there is a guideline for their relativity that was given. Thanks for reading and continued input is ALWAYS welcome.

Read it and had to make a couple of grammatical corrections.
 AllAboutSports
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/5/2012 12:02:09 PM
Alll the women with the old fashioned morals are here on pof...the longer they are on here the more old fashioned they are.....men want instant gratification,and if a woman makes him work for it hes gone...and its not the womans fault...there are just alot of women who will roll with the tide of change that wants sex as much as the guy does,and the ones who wont,fairly or unfairly,get left in the dust,
 lotustemple
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/5/2012 4:03:19 PM
They are hanging out with old school men, or wanting to meet a special one.
 PTulip77
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/5/2012 9:20:52 PM
We are here... and yes... it seems many if not most men on POF are seeking instant gratification. Seems they will make themselves out to be the nicest of gentlemen just to get you to notice and talk to them. Then when you won't put out they bail because they can't respect you enough to wait until you both know whether there is a long term connection... just dealt with that tonight....
So my question is.... where are the men with the old fashioned morals????
 charlottequail
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2012 9:53:21 PM
thanks for standing up for women
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/6/2012 4:41:01 PM
When YOU become a man with "old fashioned morals" and act accordingly, they you will find such a woman. Unfortunately, many men who say they are looking for this are just looking for a woman who has not slept with more men than they have slept with woman AND who will "at least" have sex with them instead.
 fishing4y
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2012 6:36:54 PM
we are here but no one listening
 mdd1955
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:38:36 PM
Well Marathonman 11x7,
I'm one of those women but I find the same problem with the males on here and in the world in general. I had someone to ask for a picture. I sent it. Then they asked for one showing me standing, so I sent it. I was then told that I lived in the days of Ozzie and Harriett and June and Ward Clever and should live more in the days of Brittany Spears. lol RIGHT! She is the last person on earth that I would want for a role model. He then went on to tell me that I had stiff competion in the world and I should be showing a lot more skin. To just let my hair down and let the real me come out and when I did to call him. He really had nerve.

I've been widowed for 8 years now, spent the first 5 years getting my daughter grown and educated. I've always lived and had high standards, always do the right thing, and have good morals and values. I never knew dating at my age would be so difficult. Most of the men around my age are looking for young, physically fit, arm candy girls. It doesn't matter if they can't carry on a sensible conversation as long as they are hot. As soon as I start talking to some on here, I'm asked for a picture before the conversations starts, sooo shallow of those types. The next conversations begins with something sexaul. That's a real turn off, especially when they say they are looking for a nice lady. Really gets my blood boiling.

I actually have only met a couple of men on this site that are gentlemen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting men down, I blame the class of some of the women on here for going along with gesters and that type of conversations also.

Sorry, just had to give my thoughts on this.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 63
Where are the women with old facsistmorals
Posted: 7/6/2012 8:41:37 PM
Got to go to Italy for that.
 ChocoMamicita123
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/7/2012 9:01:37 AM
We are here jsut misunderstood and not accepted :)
 mcwr
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/7/2012 12:59:28 PM
What is the definition of "old fashioned morals"? I can only assume that you are talking about writings in the Torah and the New Testament of Christianity. I'm going to further assume that the topic is referring specifically to fornication and adultery.

There are still women that are waiting for marriage. You will find more in a church than online. Marriage is more successful when the woman is a virgin bride. Really, marriage is meant for virgins..

Obviously, the media has been a significant influence in culture. In fact, television essentially defines our culture, since people spend much more time watching TV than reading. In the US, not only is it common for people to "fornicate", but it is also common for children to leave their parents before marriage. Many are raised in broken homes. And there are incentives for divorce: Child support, alimony, division or "marital" property, welfare (food stamps, Section 8, cash assistance, WIC, etc.). I would argue that the problem results from a combination of media/brainwashing, broken homes, and economic influences.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/7/2012 2:54:54 PM
Have you checked your local street corner lately.......they always say "hi" and and offer me a nice night out on the town....
 AmericanChild870
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/7/2012 3:25:20 PM
This one's in NW Arkansas. Not sure where you'll find others, but we're out here.

I'm going through a divorce now because my husband couldn't see the definite line between building our world together and building a secret world of online dating. It was disgusting to me. I'm one of the "old fashioned" faithful ones, who will be nothing less than elated to find someone compatible and put the online dating world behind us to concentrate our efforts on building a real life.
 Disparity
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:13:44 PM
Most women with old fashion morals are either in Senior Citizen Homes or 6fu
 purfectmeow
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/7/2012 6:18:56 PM
You guys are something else. Dont you know they are out of style?
When its in to be old fashioned you will find them on that band wagon.
Till then they are texting while driving, playing beer pong, not using condoms, and cheating.

Get it straight...
 dashenka4
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/8/2012 6:38:50 AM
Do you think in the old times everyone was living by the "old fashioned" morals? Or some were longing for the older set of "old fashioned" morals?
People are people. Regardless of times.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 7:50:27 AM
You mean women who require that you sign away half your assets before sleeping with you?

I agree with Abelian's post above. What hasn't changed is people who will lie to get what they want. That's old fashioned too. I subscribe to acting ethically - even when it isn't to my advantage - yet I don't see myself as old fashioned.
 ladyc4
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/8/2012 8:42:29 AM
I have only one "moral" and it is indeed very oldfashioned-it came from the bible, in fact;

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

And I have one rule-I read it in a book somewhere...
"Carry out your own dead."

I guess what I would need to know to answer this question-and since this appears to be a thread resurrected from 7 yrs ago...is why someone would be looking for what we are all INTERPRETING as "old fashioned morals"...because generally speaking "old fashioned morals " meant distaste for sex, regarding it as a "duty" or "chore".

I can certainly understand the "ick" factor, men don't want a woman who has had "too many" sexual partners,and believe it or not there are a lot of women who aren't thrilled about a well-traveled weiner, either. But other than
concerns about disease-which I certainly have no intentions of downgrading!- but were we able (hypothetically speaking!) take that issue taken out of play, would people of either gender still be all concerned about a current partners( or prospective partners') sexual history?
Cindy O
 Thomas_Andronicus
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:08:53 PM

I have only one "moral" and it is indeed very oldfashioned-it came from the bible, in fact;
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I see where you are going with this. If sex is seen as a quid pro quo interaction rather than a zero sum game then it does not violate the "do unto others" moral, notwithstanding the "ick" factor.

But there are other factors involved such as a man stealing his best friend's woman (see thread: "when your best friend is attracted to your mate") or wife/husband. And even between two unattached people there are subtle or not so subtle emotional consequences, statistically common we must admit, in which, at the end of the day, one partner is left feeling broken, abused, used, or like a loser.

If we have winners and losers, a zero sum game, then the "do unto others" moral applies and people still need to be highly concerned about who they "partner" with.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?