Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purfectmeow
Msg: 72
Where are the women with old fasionmorals?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
You guys are something else. Dont you know they are out of style?
When its in to be old fashioned you will find them on that band wagon.
Till then they are texting while driving, playing beer pong, not using condoms, and cheating.

Get it straight...
 dashenka4
Msg: 73
Where are the women with old fasionmorals?
Posted: 7/8/2012 6:38:50 AM
Do you think in the old times everyone was living by the "old fashioned" morals? Or some were longing for the older set of "old fashioned" morals?
People are people. Regardless of times.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2012 7:50:27 AM
You mean women who require that you sign away half your assets before sleeping with you?

I agree with Abelian's post above. What hasn't changed is people who will lie to get what they want. That's old fashioned too. I subscribe to acting ethically - even when it isn't to my advantage - yet I don't see myself as old fashioned.
 ladyc4
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/8/2012 8:42:29 AM
I have only one "moral" and it is indeed very oldfashioned-it came from the bible, in fact;

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

And I have one rule-I read it in a book somewhere...
"Carry out your own dead."

I guess what I would need to know to answer this question-and since this appears to be a thread resurrected from 7 yrs ago...is why someone would be looking for what we are all INTERPRETING as "old fashioned morals"...because generally speaking "old fashioned morals " meant distaste for sex, regarding it as a "duty" or "chore".

I can certainly understand the "ick" factor, men don't want a woman who has had "too many" sexual partners,and believe it or not there are a lot of women who aren't thrilled about a well-traveled weiner, either. But other than
concerns about disease-which I certainly have no intentions of downgrading!- but were we able (hypothetically speaking!) take that issue taken out of play, would people of either gender still be all concerned about a current partners( or prospective partners') sexual history?
Cindy O
 Thomas_Andronicus
Msg: 76
Posted: 7/8/2012 2:08:53 PM

I have only one "moral" and it is indeed very oldfashioned-it came from the bible, in fact;
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I see where you are going with this. If sex is seen as a quid pro quo interaction rather than a zero sum game then it does not violate the "do unto others" moral, notwithstanding the "ick" factor.

But there are other factors involved such as a man stealing his best friend's woman (see thread: "when your best friend is attracted to your mate") or wife/husband. And even between two unattached people there are subtle or not so subtle emotional consequences, statistically common we must admit, in which, at the end of the day, one partner is left feeling broken, abused, used, or like a loser.

If we have winners and losers, a zero sum game, then the "do unto others" moral applies and people still need to be highly concerned about who they "partner" with.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Where are the women with "old fasion"morals?