Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 3
view profile
History
what changes have u made for better health?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Good for you giving up diet soda, because aspartame is one product that should never be injested by humans. Drink green or better yet, white tea with raw honey or stevia.
lemonade is also good. (but not with refined sugar).
Its also a very good idea to get the metal out of your mouth. Mercury is the second most toxic poison on the planet, next to uranium, and also good to use the microwave less. Its also better to use a lower power setting, and no plastics.
Good natural inflamation fighters are fish oil (capsules if you can't stand the taste), turmeric is very good, as is cats claw.
* Its a good idea to not drink tap water. Drink spring water or R.O. water instead.
* Its a good idea to not use the teflon non-stick pans, because each time they are heated, they release fluoride gas.
* Its a good idea to add a shower filter that blocks chlorine, because hot water opens the pores, and chlorine is something you don't want in your blood stream.
* A good natural deodorant is colloidal silver. Its not cheap, but a small bottle will last for a long time. It can be purchased at a health store, and you will need a small spray bottle to put it in, for application.
* There are many other things you could do, such as more exercise, buy a juicer and use it often, cut back on refined sugar, caffeine, and red meat. Avoid all processed meats, and fast food. Also avoid foods with MSG in them.(check labels).
Stress is a big part of health, so if you can deal with it on a day-to-day basis that would be much better than letting it build.
The best way to beat a disease is to prevent it. That means more fruit and vegetables!
 Outdoor2
Msg: 9
view profile
History
what changes have u made for better health?
Posted: 11/24/2007 9:18:32 PM
No meat....no dairy...no gym either...outside exercise is the best for the brain (and many other parts)...fresh air....refreshes the brain and the body....gyms and stop clocks can't do that.....regardless...if you can't hear, listen, understand what your body is telling you, then all points are moot.
 mizbex
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/25/2007 4:24:09 PM
I have always been pretty good about eating a healthy diet, but for the last couple months I wasn't getting to the gym as often as I like due to very long work days. Started to feel it, not only physically but my stress level went way up too. So I bought my own eliptical about two months ago. It is in the corner of my bedroom and I on it at least 5 times a week for at least an hour. I love it. No excuses.
 techgirl27
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2007 11:23:09 AM
1. losing weight - benefit list is long.

2. cutting out trans fats

3. cutting out high fructose corn syrup

4. been taking a multi vit. for the last 15 years but have increased supplementation

5. monitor salt intake and sodium content of products

6. Sunscreen -been wearing it every day, rain or shine, for the last 10 years. With my pale skin I have to, and my sister is just an example of what can happen if you dont. Not to mention my mom who's had 2 melanomas removed.

7. Stopped using Crisco in anything and stopped having butter on anything.
 joseph cecil
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 12:08:39 PM
very good question: make sure and drink extra clean water. this is a complex subject, but has profound value, the basis of your entire body, vitality and health is the water you drink.

the best water -imo, even though it's a controversial topic- is a mix of distilled, add some spring water(10%), remineralize with a trace mineral supplement aiming toward something like gatorade with zero sugars or flavoring.

Pure distilled water is very unhealthy to drink, because it is so empty of minerals that it leeches them out of the rest of your body. but, if you re-mineralize it with good minerals, then it's much better than simple spring water. Tap water and spring are polluted with mineral content, rust, and other molecular debri - some good, some bad for you. If you pulled all the pollutants out of ten gallons, it looks like a tablespoon of mud - which normally goes into your body. That's what is gone from distilled water, but you have to put back in the minerals your body wants - aiming for water that functions like gatorade, to replace electrolytes and minerals. Pollutants affect your capillary circulation, they age you faster, cause kidney stones, gall stones, arthritis and similar depositing of the mineral waste throughout the body. Distilled water does not do this, but again, unless you put good minerals back into the distilled, it's bad for you.. that's why it's a controversial subject.. but if you want to prove to yourself, distill 10 gallons of spring water - then look at what was pulled out of that water - you will see the tablespoon of mud that was in the water, and my post will make more sense. Water is a vital subject for people who care about their health. In my experience few people actually get it right, though spring water and even britta are vast improvements over tap water. Britta gets 80% of the bad stuff out, and it's worth doing that if you have nothing else - ESPECIALLY if you have children drinking tap water - use a britta it's wise, until you get a better solution. And when someone tells you distilled water isn't good, I agree, unless you re-mineralize it being mindful of what your bloodstream would want - that's why you add electrolytes, minerals, and salts as your body would want in it's bloodstream.. then you can find that distilled is a good base, add minerals and electrolytes, you have gatorade without the sugar or flavor.. and it is truly better for you.. you can notice the difference in energy levels, because good minerals give you energy.. also there are other body functions that can reveal the health benefits of good water.. and over time, you'll age more gracefully, and have less or no kidney stone type problems, maybe even less arthritis which sometimes comes from water interactions depositing pollutants in arthritic zones.

again, this is controversial, so don't expect your doctor to agree with me, unless s/he's studied water a lot. But then ask that same doctor how much they know about herbs, you'll find a similar ignorance probably, coupled with a certainty that reflects ignorance. Not many doctors know perfect solutions for water, herbs, or natural healing, preventive health practices like these. But the benefits of good water are profound and long lasting, so it's worth the time to get good answers for yourself.

then add herbs, good love and friendships, etc.. and it's a prescription for a good life.
blessings
 Megannn
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 9:41:40 PM
1. Drink a lot of water
2.Exercise
3.Enough Rest/Sleep
4.Having Fun
5.Eat veggies and fruits
6.Cut Soda quantity to, probably once a month...till no more soda at all

I hate healthy life......but im not getting any younger
 joseph cecil
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 10:40:35 PM
actually, pure distilled water is not good for the body, and should be re-mineralized to approximate gatorade without the sugar. It does indeed leech minerals unless it's remineralized before drinking. This effect is a scientific law, also present in osmosis, introducing empty distilled water lowers the vital properties of the body, unless it's properly mineralized to be compatible with the body, exactly opposite but similar to the way ocean-salt water must be de-mineralized to be compatible with the body.

most tap water has pollutants which are gone from distilled, but unless it's adjusted it's not good for high levels of consumption.. a little bit isn't a big problem but in large quantities over time distilled water has side effects unless that water is adjusted to be compatible with the body. the body is highly electrical, pure distilled water is not electrically conductive, that is one aspect that shows that introducing large quantities of distilled water isn't good for a highly electrically active body.. thus the importance of adding mineral supplements, which are electrically active by nature, thus making the water more like what you see in gatorade, which is specifically enriched to support the electrolytic actions of the body.. pure distilled water lowers electrical propensities of the body fluids in large quantities, this is just science fact, or there wouldn't even be a need for gatorade.. active people drinking lots of water, distilled or not, also need to replenish the electrolytes as well.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/25/2007 2:37:36 AM
salads , salads and more salads. I binge on salads and veggies at night and only eat at restaurants once or so a week as my reward.
 VitaminDoctor
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2008 3:11:09 PM
NOTE FOR IRISHMUSCLE:

The research that I've done on distilled water shows that it makes the body acidic.
As you may or may not know, an acidic body is not healthy.
Ozonated springwater is clean, and contains minerals.

In wine there is wisdom
In beer there is freedom
In water there is bacteria.
 _JAFO_
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/19/2008 5:06:55 PM
I've decided to throw caution to the wind and enjoy the happiness that my lifestyle offers. Perhaps it's the cancer I suffered through that's changed my outlook.

I will not keep myself locked in the confines of a strict regime in hopes of buying me a few extra hours, days or years at the expense of the latest alleged health study findings.

I will eat, drink and do what I want if it brings me emotional content.

You only live once. If you do it right, once is enough.
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/18/2008 6:28:48 PM
- No more dairy milk! (Not only because of how fatning it is and how hard it is on the human body, but because of how the cows and calves are treated.

- I can count on one hand how many times I have had a soda... of any kind... in the past three years. I have stopped drinking any sort of pop/soda. Along with a million other harmful reasons, it's aweful for the skin.

- Stopped drinking hard alcahol like Vodka.

- Stopped buying white bread for the house. Sometimes I get it when out to eat, but never in the house.

- YOGA!!! I believe it's the cure for everything mentally, physichally, and spiritually!!

- Hot tea everyday!

- HONEY!! It's been the staple of so many cultures!

- Meditation! I have found it has improved my health and outlook on life to take at least 5 minutes to meditate daily.

- I keep a journal of my thoughts, the foods I eat, the excersize I do. Just everything I find important, goes into my journal.

- Long walks! Even if I have worked out. Long walks in nature, near the river, downtown.

- Being aware of the life of people and nature around me. Focusing on the little things that make life worth living.

- I take myself out to dinner and a movie ALL the time. I decided it was more pathetic sitting around wishing I had someone to take me on dates than to get out and do it by myself. I love movies!! I was depressed not seeing them. Now I have a movie date every time I want to see one!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >