Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Megannn
Msg: 27
view profile
History
finding it hard to find someone on herePage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I like this site so far, above all the BS that come sometimes. I found it very interesting what GingerAlden2 said (msg#5)

Some people in this site are looking for Ms Perfect , i dont blame them. But before they do that, i think they should take a look at themselves first. If you're HOT, handsome, nice porche and rich...and then u have all the rights to demand a perfect person. But if u're just some average guys, why dont u accept urself and try to be nice to the average women.

Dont give up, not all man like that. So....keep the spirits on......he's outhere somewhere....i'll keep on looking........lookingg!!!!
 lindy_3333
Msg: 38
view profile
History
finding it hard to find someone on here
Posted: 1/13/2008 1:41:07 PM
just a suggestion, fit4funfit4life13
You have a great profile. But in my opinion, which of course, you didn't ask for, you have way too many "musts" and "must not be" on your qualifiers. I found its best to have none.. What if a female wants to contact you about a guy? Or some married man about a friend of his, etc. One can do drugs too and know someone perfect for you. But NONE of them... including me, can contact you for any reason. I took all mine off..I don't want to miss a possibility. I know how to say no perfectly to anyone.

Postman.. it is hard everywhere to find someone worthwhile.... but that may be a good thing. If we all were the same it would get really boring.. and you might appreciate who you end up with more, if they aren't so easy to find. It's not you. It is society as a whole. So many are looking for perfection and more. Alas, I would rather be alone than with the wrong person just so I am not alone!

Happy fishing. You are getting a lot of support and great suggestions. Just be you!

Linda
 naeco
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/14/2008 12:47:54 PM

It's always harder for the guys to find somebody.

Umm... WHAT? Except for the same-sex relationships, for every woman on here finding someone, there is a man that she is with.
 TonyAlmeda
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/14/2008 9:04:06 PM
you aint trying hard enough dude, any guy can meet any chick off of here, even the homely ones,maybe stop looking for ms. Europe and look for a average chick.
 genegem
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/30/2008 6:14:19 PM
Simple Solution

Immigrate to New Zealand. I've seen so many PoF threads like this one
that I've come to the conclusion that it's a stateside problem and one I've
never experienced with internet dating sites down under and here on PoF
dozens of sweet lasses are happy to correspond:-)

So often in time it happens, we all live our life in chains,
and we never even know we have the key. --The Eagles

Dark moments of life
Seem so full of strife
Time out we need
For our hearts to bleed
With chaos all around
No peace to be found
Jumbled thoughts in mind
Tumbled memories find
Us counting the cost
Of what we’ve lost
Hearts filled with sorrow
Cannot see our tomorrow
Still bound up in yesterday
We find no solace in today
Living our lives in chains
Our future all that remains
Until we find that elusive key
… take comfort from what yet will be...

JR
 ladyc4
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/31/2008 9:40:58 AM

Look in the mirror people... and ask yourself why you're here !

Did you? Might that not be a real good starting point?
Cindy O
 ladyc4
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/31/2008 12:17:11 PM

Look I know the World sucks

If it didn't we would all fall off.

Actually, paid vs free, has been in my experience six of one and half dozen of the other. Your actual BEST BET, to meet someone is real life settings. If you think that means your only option is going to bars, then your real problem is narrow thinking.
Cindy O
 solow55
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2008 1:44:17 PM
So far, the only thing this site has going for it, is that's it's free. Very hard to negotiate and stay within your preferred mileage. Seems like very few people want to chat. And if you do start up a conversation, it's over before you know it. As you click on interesting profiles, you start getting futher and further away and then it's pretty much out of reach. I've looked at close by profiles and then clicked on one within 50 miles and pretty soon I'm in Canada and I'm in S.W. Wash. But what the heck, on this site I'm on the computer a lot less than when I was on another single's site
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/31/2008 1:57:12 PM
Song Sparrow: Maybe he should not specify a range at all.
 SandyB1957
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/2/2008 2:11:30 PM
Well I am a women , I have had alot it seems of differant men view my profile yet I get very few messages. If I do get a mssage from someone they live so far away . I havent met a prince charming or a regularguy that wants to be with me. So its not just men or you that get ignored on here .....But keep your hopes up I do.
 stayinalive-2-44691
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2008 7:46:44 PM
hey i liked the canada-china thing. when i was a kid i always heard there is someone for you--and as i looked at my map i thought: i am in ohio, what if she is in wyoming?much later in life i am beginning to think there is truth to this.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >