Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Loyalty.... to a cheater....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 9
Loyalty.... to a cheater....Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
hahaha
True freindship is one of those things about accepting people for their faults.
What a load of crap!!! Does this mean I should be "friends" with dopers, murderers, thieves? Hell, maybe I am, but I just don't know it.

True friendship means being a friend to yourself, FIRST ... choose people who elevate/ support you, your dreams and goals. Normally, one would select people who share a similar perspective on values, interests, lifestyle, etc. If friends make a mistake, one should support them in sorting things out ... but, someone who is chronically involved in a lifestyle that is illegal, predatory or so self-involved that they would use others with no regard for their feelings is not someone that I would consider "friend" material!
 Lfsabch
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Loyalty.... to a cheater....
Posted: 11/29/2007 9:40:45 PM
if i was in the other situation i would want someone to tell me if i was being played, in my mind its the decent thing to do. my loyalty only follows the path that is most honest
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2007 6:24:03 AM
to coffee...

well... the difference would be in your situation is that the women know... and they would be making a decision based on all information... and if they chose to be one of 2 or 3... then that is on them... but to be lead to believe that you are the only one and not be is an issue....
 cncgandolf
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 6:11:09 AM
"think they are in a commited relationship... from what I understand... they all say he is their boyfriend... and he says he loves them to them... so yes...Result: "

I think the women are being self delusional. Many people say "I love you" without meaning for it to mean an exclusive relationship. Until he expressly says and proves by his actions that it is a committed relationship than it isn't.

She knows he is a player and she is playing with a player. I don't see that as any more loyalty to him or others as his behaviors has anything to do with loyalty. I could have missed a post establishing that he had explicitely promised and demonstrated exclusivity ... but I don't think so.

I know people who think booty calls are fine and who will say "I love you" to their booty call. I call the acquaintances but not friends.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 2:18:40 PM
WOW CNC... I don't follow that... I don't get the idea that you can't believe when someone says they love you... if you are having sex and saying I love you... my hope would be that it wouldn't be a booty call scenario.... and yes he calls them girlfriends to his friends... but I guess in your though regimen that doesn't mean anything either.. because when you start throwing the love word around... I would hope it means more to most people then I just love sexing you...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Loyalty.... to a cheater....