Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leeanne
Msg: 40
view profile
History
WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

are you from, like, Alabama or some like right-minded place?

Halifax Nova Scotia - yup the same type of place! LMAO
The forums are soooooo funny!!! I'm never leaving!!

I have only ever used sex toys WITH a partner!
 Leeanne
Msg: 41
view profile
History
WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?
Posted: 11/9/2009 2:17:35 PM

I don't use toys nor do I masturbate

That's 'cause you're too busy snoggin' Grandpa! Ya need a hot uninhibited stud to bring ya into the real world! Ya don't know what you are missing!
 namrael
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/9/2009 6:41:42 PM
There are some pretty ridiculous things in this thread, including the OP.

I use toys because I like them, and because I'd much rather take care of myself than find some guy I don't even like that much for just sex. I'll not settle, thanks. I also adore using toys during sex with a partner.

Also, I think the Fleshlight would be crazy fun to play with, and I'd love to use one with a partner or watch him use one on himself until I can't take it anymore and demand his attention. There are some good sex toys for men out there, you just have to know where to look and have a sense of adventure!
 whytwater
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/9/2009 7:39:29 PM
That's 'cause you're too busy snoggin' Grandpa! Ya need a hot uninhibited stud to bring ya into the real world! Ya don't know what you are missing!

My older daughter had a son 6 weeks ago, my first grandchild, and I'm just arrogant and horny enough to call BS on this! Lol. Damn agists. They're everywhere! Lol
 ForeverLong
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 8:31:36 PM
Men are expected to use their hands and that works just fine, and even that is considered pervy by some. Most women can't use their hand to imitate a penis
so a dildo works better and it's more accepted than her going out to get laid every night by some derelict in a bar because most good men have a girl friend or are married.
Women are not generally good with their hands during sex they need tools.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:58:42 PM
I always leave my 4 litre container of baby oil om my cumputor desk in plain site...I have a fleshlight I can plug into my pc...so everytime the person on the other end hits the space bar it makes the fleshlight vibrate....most women are quite amused....ok everything is true except for the baby oil and leaving everything out in plain site....
 Tgav4367
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/18/2012 5:47:35 PM
Ohhhhh, I hadn't heard about the computer toys! I feel so sheltered.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:09:42 PM
I dont think there is anything wrong with a man having toy's. Its better then him cheating. I think, I would enjoy watching. I myself, dont have any toy's.
 MsMicki
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 7:54:10 PM
There are plenty of toys for men in the same store the women are buying their toys in!
When I go to get new toys.....I buy one for him too.......fair is fair!!
I don't expect him to rely solely on his hands when going solo, when I know damn well I don't!
And they are quite fun to use together, no matter which gender they are geared to.
 aussieblues
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2012 9:00:53 PM
Does his hand count? Is he allowed to mastabate. Do you dictate the visualisations in his head. Get a butt plug for him and have some fun ;-)
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/19/2012 3:46:46 AM
^^^^^^I can't handle those things...you would have to peel me off the ceiling.....
 deerdog1
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:34:58 AM
yea i have to agree with the OP ..even in this forum any thread having to do with male sex toys usually gets deleted before you can post to it ..I'm surprised this one survived ..there are hundreds about female sex toys and more are made every week and the majority live on ..but a thread about say the fleshlight i have seen hundreds come and get deleted before the first page ...as a male i have very little use for male orientated sex toys ..i had rather help a woman play with hers but ..yes there is a double standard..just saying
 Firearms55
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:39:08 AM
I am laughing soooo hard at that one..... but you are not a minority..... Most men will tell ya.... it's an outie not an inie !!!
 MsMicki
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 2:16:48 PM
I want to know who all these women are that are putting men down for having a toy ????

I've been on these forums for alot of years.....and other than the random uptight oddball here and there.......
the majority of women don't seem to have any issue with what you men do to yourselves while we're not around!!
And many of us are more than willing to play along with you and your toys........
 jedimikey
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:45:36 PM
I've never understood the stigma associated with male sex toys. There is a double-standard. A man masturbating with a fleshlight is seen as creepy or disgusting, while a woman wanking with a dildo is fine. Erotic, even. You go, girl! She's taking care of herself, getting in touch with her sexuality! I know not everyone is like that, but it is the gereral reaction for most people. I think autoerotica is interesting, and watching a partner masturbate is very erotic. I wonder if some women feel the same way? I get the impression that most women would be creeped out by it, however.

Anyone else ever notice the difference in prices? Quality sex toys for men are ridiculously expensive compared to those sold to women. I'm not talking about silly gimmicks like blow-up dolls and little rubber vulvas.

Price for an eight-inch Dr. Johnson dildo; 45 dollars.

Price for a basic fleshlight; 160 dollars.

While I understand the difference in cost concerning the materials used in manufacturing these devices, the shelf price still seems unfair.

Actually, this reminds me of why lots of men have a double-standard issue with gay male vs lesbian sex. For some odd reason, most men find lesbian sex erotic, while male homosexuality illicits a phobic response. Personally, I have no preference for one or the other...that is, neither form of erotica is interesting to me. Gay erotica is boring, lesbian or not.

Masturbation is a normal part of human sexuality, male or female.
 MsMicki
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:20:22 PM
any quality toy is going to cost a few bucks.......
The Wi Vibe is $150
The Rabbit is $75
Fleshlight is $60

I wouldn't buy one of the $19.99 toys.....be scared it would short out at the wrong moment.....and possibly fry me along with it!!
 Zoe_
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/19/2012 8:24:58 PM
nothing wrong at all with men's toys...thinking there's something wrong with them is a double standard. men can be inhibited enough without calling how they pleasure themselves ugly names.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/20/2012 5:53:29 AM
I have watched a guy f#ck a fake vagina thing that weighs like 5# and u can put it on a char or whatever. Its like someone cut the logs & torso off a woman. It cost him like $200.00. I've watched him w it a few times but the 2 holes it has are so tight I told him he better stop because no woman is gonna be that tight.
One thing a guy used w me was a vibrating egg he put it in me with his penis too. It was WOW. But it makes guys cum fast lol. I don't really think a fleshlight thing is so pervy. Except again they may be so tight u gotta wean urself off them to be w a girl. I think. One thing interesting is u can get all kinds with different color & size & shaped lips. Like u can w dildos. But if a guy pulled one out & started using it when we were together. I would be weirded out, but u can use my dildo. Any time on me haha.
 MsMicki
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2012 6:44:40 AM

But if a guy pulled one out & started using it when we were together. I would be weirded out, but u can use my dildo. Any time on me haha.

uhm...that would be the double standard the men are referring to!!
Why would you be weirded out?? Why couldn't you just participate and use it on him?
What the hell is the difference between a man using a inanimate object in/on you and you using one on him???
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/20/2012 8:46:30 AM
I was talking with a lady on here....she had sex on the brain....so I thought she would be very open minded...'she was talking the talk"....I told her about having a fleshlight..she said "whats that"....I told her to google it"smiling".... I never heard from her again "laughing"....

160 dollars...can 't remember paying that much ...but maybe I did....

I seen one at a "sex toy yard sale" for 20$.... jking!
 RockinRollMan
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/26/2012 6:00:59 AM
From what I understand, men who own pocket pussies, aka the Fleshlight, don't use them in the bed. The intention of such a toy is to be used for men who blow their load too early and piss off their girlfriends and wives. It's meant to help build stamina and control.
 2hotcougar
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/26/2012 5:38:20 PM
there is nothing wrong with any toy used by either sex its all good damn lets mix and match and see who has the biggest smile at the end of the evening
 Love.Notes
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/26/2012 7:10:48 PM
"realistic male masterbators" Which is something that looks like a vigina in a glove, who in his right mind would actually go buy this damn thing." ACTUALLY women are the ones that buy those damn things and if she used it on you while giving you head good luck NOT cumming in less then a min! Men are getting much better at accepting toys in the bedroom! Penis Pumps are not a big seller same as enhancers. But there are plenty of toys for boys and the real men love em! Don't forget there are door cuffs, bed cuffs, feathers, hot wax ( not it doesn't hurt) butt plugs (yes some men love anal, not my thing ) strap on's ( yes some men want that too! not my thing) floggers, fur lined paddles and the list goes on! Point is this! TOYS are for lovers/single men/women and/or whoever want to enhance their sexual relationship. Used alone or with your partner doesn't matter! Men that see toys for guys as "pervy" are either closed minded/or judgmental....which category do you fall into? Toys are not for everyone yes, but for the man who is into them? He's gonna turn my head that's for sure.
 SaintLouisMichael
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/26/2012 7:31:18 PM

Toys are not for everyone yes, but for the man who is into them? He's gonna turn my head that's for sure.

Here's a postI read in a different forum that should turn your head! ;-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The largest item I have ever inserted was a bowling pin. It was simultaneously the most painful and pleasurable experience of my life.

Currently I use an inflatable vibrating butt plug to get my rocks off, though I am considering purchasing a giant inflatable dildo. I also use an 18 inch double-ended dildo to snake up inside my intestines. It works well up until the 13-14 inch mark, and I'm uncertain whether it's because it's unchartered territory or because the toy I'm using isn't intended for that purpose. They sell a toy call the snake that is like a 60 inch long bendy dildo that will curve around your intestines easier. Really want to try that sometime.
 2hotcougar
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/24/2012 3:59:11 PM
i like aman that has his toys but then if they are a first time buyer they need to let a woman pick it out because bigger is not always better ouch ouch
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > WTF is up with the double standard when it comes to sex toys?