Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Karrpilot
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Life's Lessons in dating.....What have YOU learned....Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
What have i learned ? If she shows up late, won't let me pick her up, looks like she just rolled out of bed, constantly talks, flirts with other men, calls her mother 3-4 times a day, can not keep a steady job, has 4 kids from different fathers, is still married, and grills me like a hamburger, DO NOT continue to date them. My list can go on, but i think you all get my point.
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 5
Life's Lessons in dating.....What have YOU learned....
Posted: 12/1/2007 5:45:00 PM
If she insists that you take her to a great restaurant for a first meeting, never call her again. She's a date wh0re looking for free dinners.

If it takes her 2 or more days to email you back, she is talking to 10 guys at the same time, she's history!

If she wants you to meet her at her favorite bar/rest. etc. and the wait staff look at her and smile warmly, she's a keeper!

If she crawls up close to you during a slow dance where you kept your distance, another keeper!

Never tell a girl how much you really make, what you really own etc..

Prenups can be thrown out of court!

Hit men are cheaper than divorce lawyers and get much better results!
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/1/2007 7:08:47 PM
Or perhaps she is BUSY ?? Ya know, work? College? I do both and by the time I get home I hardly have time right now to get on the computer other than weekends. To expect or even demand a response in two days or less and assume she is to be thrown to the curb for that reason is a wee bit needy don't ya think ?

I don't demand anything and I'm far from needy.

She's busy? lol, Not when she's on here 5+ times a day. That's the beauty of favorites, it shows the login time/s.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 16
Life's Lessons in ONLINE dating.....What have YOU learned....
Posted: 12/1/2007 8:02:56 PM
I've learned that you absolutely cannot guess how the date will go based on emails, IMs or even phone calls - it all comes down to the in-person chemistry.

I'm gone on dates that I thought were guaranteed to be wonderful and they were duds and vice-versa.

If the picture is even a "maybe" and they don't sound totally psycho, just go meet. As soon as possible . Dragging out the emails and such is the only real waste of time.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 8:12:04 PM
if it looks like trouble brewing on the horizon, duck and cover. run if necessary and leave the psychiatric care to professionals.
 smileybarbie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2007 6:18:56 AM
I have learned to treat people in the manner that you would like to be treated.
I have learned that positive brings back positive, negative brings back negative.
I have learned that you can be a good ripple or a bad ripple in someones lives . Choose the good one!

Pay it forward, it just might come back to you.
I have learned that you should trust your instincts.
I have learned that words written may not be received in manner they were written.
I have learned you have to yourself before you can expect to be loved back.
I have learned to give the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

Great post! Have a great happy healthy productive day!

Barbara
 ________
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/2/2007 7:03:56 AM
Women NEVER email man.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/4/2007 7:38:49 PM
What have I learned? Hmm...

I've learn't if there's no chemistry there, whether or not everything else is great, it ain't happening.

I've learn't to relax and enjoy good company as it's own reward.

I've learn't it doesn't diminish me if a woman doesn't choose to be with me.

I've learn't it's a waste of time getting bent out of shape trying to 'make' a woman like you, she either does or she doesn't.

I've learn't that gifts and trinkets do not a relationship make.

I've learn't the love of a gorgeous, smart, sexy woman is something not given lightly.

I've learn't a solid relationship with a woman is made up from a thousand day-to-day intimate moments shared, and not from one thing in particular.

I've learn't I'm not the best man in the world, but I'm sure as hell not the worst! lol

I'm sure there's more, but that's it off the top of my head.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/4/2007 8:20:50 PM

Never, ever date a man that looks better in Latex than you do.

^^BG^^

Holy Boggling Minds, Batgirl, I don't think that would be possible!
 YearoftheCat
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/6/2007 8:52:28 PM
I've learned that the moment you think you have love figured out, it will turn back into a tornado and throw you into a strange new land-----sometimes Oz, sometimes the Witch’s castle. Don’t worry, your friends will be with you either way.

I’ve learned that taking risks in the name of love is hugely scary, but ALWAYS worth it no matter the outcome.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2007 7:03:57 AM
I have a friend who dated a girl who said she wanted to kill him, but she also said he was the best thing that happened to her. Go figure!:) He got as far away as possible from her. What did I learn? Look far more at a woman's actions then at her words. I suppose the same for a man. Until you say worthwhile actions don't put too much value in the words. The person has to earn the trust. Don't confuse intense chemistry with compatibility.... It is like thinking that drunkeness is pleasant sobriety..
 Seavoyage
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2007 7:04:06 PM
I learned (I could be wrong about this) looked far more at women (maybe for some men for all you women) do then what they say. I learned so clearly that women are just not as direct, in general, as men. You should take it slow with the opposite sex to find out if you don't really like her in the end or like her, and not to get too involved. People often put a front before they have you and then things often change and then the rules change at that point when their other face is shown.. Many of us men have this stereotype about women that I think applies to many women that don't go literally by what she says and look far more at how she behaves...
 LuvTravl
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:11:32 PM
Don't go to the bathroom. When you come out, your date may have disappeared and stuck you with the bill - after ordering top shelf alcohol for himself! Just happened.....
 clay_1963
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:15:11 PM
1 Watch for red flags.
2 Avoid women who has had a child with each man she has been married to.
3 Follow that little intervoice warning you of danger.
4Avoid women who have never ending custody issues.
5 Avoid women who has grown kids with behavior\criminal issues.
 jasmina
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/14/2007 7:23:14 AM
chitownartlover, I have learned some of the same lessons as you have posted...I can especially identify with:

1) Never make someone your priority when you are only an option to them.

2) Never ask yourself "do I have a shot with her?" but more ask yourself "does she deserve to be with me?"

4) Never apologize when you did nothing wrong.

5) When you meet a girl and you're getting to know her, never see her for what you think she could be for you. Always see her for what she truly is.

8) If you're with a woman who is hot and cold and still not even sure if she wants you as a BF, ask yourself "will this woman give me what I want in a relationship?" That will help you determine if she would truly be a good girlfriend to you, or if she's playing games and you're letting your hopes keep you on for the ride.

9) Always show strength and confidence. Never take shit from anyone...male or female. If you're being the good guy and you can see they are treating you as a lesser being for it...then launch them. Always put things up front on when you see something as BS, rather than forgive and hope that will gain you acceptance.

Some other lessons I have learned:

My gut feeling or intuition has been right about someone even when I have not listened to it.

Listen to my intuition...if I have felt something was wrong, it has been. When I have gotten the feeling that a man is hiding something, he has been, and there have been no exceptions so far.

Don't stay with someone hoping he will mature and grow up...he probably won't.

If a man has an ego that he has to feed with attention from many women, I need to move on...he most likely won't change. I won't date a guy who is active on a dating site after telling me he wants a relationship with only me. He will never be relationship material as long as he remains a BOY.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 3:02:41 PM

Pay it forward, it just might come back to you.

STD?
 mizbex
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/14/2007 5:50:32 PM
When to know better
When to walk away
And...when to know the difference
 katymomof4
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2007 12:08:59 PM
I agree with you there, thank god for favorites it tells you if they should be your favorite or not!!
 Sensitive P. Ness
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/27/2008 4:47:51 PM
I like my music.

Sometimes I'll like your music.

But there are other times, where no music is the best!
 Sensitive P. Ness
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:44:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmmmmm...................

Maybe that's why I like North America so much!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >