Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 restless_native
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Are The Royal Family Sexy Enough?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Here's one thing that I have noticed. That William one used to be bit of a pin up with some of the girlies apparently. With his blonde boyish looks and the coy smile he inherited from the dead one.

However, more recently his hairline seems to be receeding and his ears are becoming more prominant. He's turning into Charlie. I suspect that whichever debutante does finally marry him is going to be very disappointed in a few years time.
 oggers
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Are The Royal Family Sexy Enough?
Posted: 12/26/2007 4:31:39 AM
You just cant imagine the Queen and Philip actually doing it , can you ? Or Charles and Hors - er - Camilla ??

and if you DO have an imagination that good , you should be scriptwriting for Two Pints ...
 emloma
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2007 10:42:37 AM
Prince Harry = gorgeous
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2013 3:11:16 PM
I don't want them to be sex. so yes they are sexy enough...

I have always thought that no female member of the royal family should be allowed out without jewels and a tiara.

They are the head of state, I want to see glamour, and old money glamour at that!
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2013 4:54:03 PM
Well I knocked one out to the topless pictures of Kate, but I have to admit it was pretty hard going. Knocking them out over Diana was a lot easier.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2013 11:27:00 PM
Well it's over and done. It seemed to drag on like an
election does.
Like others I'm sort of indifferent but obviously hoping
ma and bairn are ok.
Saying that i do have mates who are jumping around like
dafties but that's mainly down to them supporting the huns*
and the huns lite** along in gorgie.

But overall it's been overboard with the coverage. I just seen the
yanks on sky news lol ach as long as they are happy it doesnae
matter too much

*the huns being rangers in the weege
**huns lite being the merricks from gorgie who play in colours
that embarrass edinburgh
 daver987654
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2013 2:13:29 AM
Nope.

I often feel like a stranger in my own land. When Princess Di died I just didn't get the outpouring of grief. I don't get the coverage of this birth either. Seems the Yanks are even more interested than us lot despite them booting the King out in 1786? was it.

My Mum used to love the royal Family and so I am torn. I would rather they just disappeared but they do give so much pleasure to so many. Maybe the cost is worth it?
 daver987654
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2013 4:28:32 AM
Sheesh - that old "Royalty brings in loads of money" argument. Not one iota of evidence for that. In fact the opposite might be true - in terms of popular holiday destinations we are in 8th place behind France (83 million), America (67), China (58), Spain (58),Italy (47), Turkey (36), Germany (31), UK (29). Suggests that countries without monarchs are actually more popular.
 daver987654
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2013 7:14:28 AM
Never understood this OT idea. It isn't what happens in real life. Anyway, I guess Kate is a bit of a looker but that's it.

OT I dislike the romantic tosh surrounding the Royals, sorry but it really is a red rag to a bull. I also dislike being told my argument is invalid because it contains facts and figures, if you're talking economics what other yardstick is there to use?

Frank, 20 million people do not visit this country to see the Queen, just your wishful thinking. We do pomp and ceremony pretty well Bill but do you really think that's why the majority of tourists come? Our most visited tourist attractions are not Royal households but they are mostly in London, Tower of London, Houses of Parliament, National Gallery, Tate etc I bet if you compared those figures to Parisian locations you would see a close correlation.
 Jo van
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/23/2013 10:11:18 AM
Daver is entirely correct!!.

The "Tourism Magnet" argument is just facile propaganda.

There might be some simple-minded idiots, who come over here, and sleep on pavements, in the hope of catching sight of one of them, just as there are some natives, of the same ilk.
But...
France gets more tourists, and they still visit the Élysée Palace, Château de Versailles, the Louvre, L'Arc de Triomphe, and the Eiffel Tower etc., despite there being no monarchy to bow and scrape to..
The buildings would endure as tourist attractions here too.

Other tourists are totally perplexed by our continuing to pay for people to live in such guilded luxury, whilst simultaneously claiming that as a country, we're skint.

OT.
Yes, they're all dead "sexy" [sic], consequently, I wish they'd all fvck right off.
Sponging parasites, the lot of them.
HTH
 scareymush
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/23/2013 10:27:55 AM
You can't deny that there's probably a lot of money to be made from producing and selling those china plates with images of the royal family on them and those tea towels - do they make all of that stuff in the UK?

I think I'd probably fancy Prince Harry if I met him in person although the accent those royals and aristocrats have is as off-putting as that brummy one to me - if they spoke proper English, they'd all be a lot more attractive in my view. I do actually think that the Queen is quite pretty even in her dotage and she does have a beautiful smile.
 Chuzz16
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2013 12:15:51 PM
would you swap places?

Never in a million years, although seeing that little bundle tonight made me feel very broody :)
 Jo van
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/23/2013 1:26:06 PM

I know an awful lot of foreigners who live and work here. every single one thinks our RF are brilliant and they can't get enough of them. all their friends and family back home are constantly pestering them for mugshots outside the palaces and anything that is Royal.

And I know hundreds who think it's a comical, anachronistic farce. We can all write anectdotal BS. can't we..?

I work close enough (perhaps as close as it is possible to get) to one particular royal touristy thing, forgive my lack of specifics - and it is mobbed all day long, winter and summer, by foreigners and by out-of-towners.

And so is the Palace of Versailles, and Disneyland, what's your point..?

sponging parasites... or people who work frikkin hard every day,

Oh Definitely sponging parasites, I've checked.

live their lives in a goldfish bowl around which people like us get to have deeply personal opinions of every damn thing they do.... and never get to retire...

Their choice.
They can step-down, anytime they like.
They're "so loved", yet they need a permanent, very expensive, squad of armed guards, everywhere they go.

As for "goldfish bowl", that's bollox. They have taken out injunctions, and there are standing media embargoes, whenever they say so. Whether that's on the various "royal yachts" and holidays skiing, or on private islands in the Caribbean.
Or any of the numerous "royal residences".

would you swap places?

Stupid question Fred.
That would make me both a hypocrite, and a cvnt.
I don't want them replaced by anyone, (not even me), I want them gone.
HTH

do i want them to stop - hell no.

Well, here's a suggestion;
Why don't all you people who think they're so wonderful, PAY for them, completely, and let us people who think that they're sponging parasites, ignore all their pompous, primitive, 'blinged-up' BS., completely...?

In an age when so many people are 'dumpster-diving', [/Americanism] and the number of people having to resort to 'Food Banks' has quadrupled, and so many people are struggling to pay their rent, and utility bills,
I think such displays of pretentious wealth and inherited 'superiority', are truly obscene.
So, in that sense, yes, they're about as "sexy" as bestiality pórn is.
JMO
 GeordieColin
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2013 3:08:59 PM
Msg 27 was an utter twat.
I agree with Jo. Why should anyone in this day and age be born into a life that automatically prefers them to a life that deems them to act and be treated above anyone else?
 daver987654
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2013 3:51:10 AM
OldBill - I disagreed with your statement referring to the royals bringing in"huge amounts of money from tourism". I can't find any figures showing why people visit the UK only where they visit.

The largest single tourist attraction in the UK is the Tower of London. It pays for itself. Yes it has, royal connections and the Crown Jewels but would it be any less popular if the Royals were not around. Buck House would certainly be more popular if it was given up and people allowed to visit more often that just the few weeks in the summer it is open. Then it could pay for itself and not be a drain on the taxpayer.

I did find that it is believed that the increase in tourism from China is because of the popularity of the Premier league there.
 daver987654
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2013 8:32:36 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and quite clearly OldBill and I are at opposite ends of this discussion.

OldBill - there is no King but it was still the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery fired the salute yesterday.

As I said earlier on, I know the royals give pleasure to a lot of people including my departed Mum and am therefore torn. I am however intolerant of the nonsense about how little they cost and how much they earn for us that is always put forward whenever this discussion comes up.

If anyone else wants to dive in help yourselves but I think everyone knows my feelings by now.

BTW I think Kate looks great and may be a bit of needed fresh air though how anyone can expect to live a normal life and not be swayed by the huge media involvement is beyond me.

Would I swap. Yes. Damned sight easier and far more fun than working my nuts off for the last 40 years for nowt.
 Jo van
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/24/2013 2:51:58 PM

i would just re-iterate that their lives are not easy - not by the longest way. virtually no personal space, very little time on their own, or of their own... hardly any time off at all. and no retirement. for them it is endless.

They swan around, having endless 'holidays', skiing, or on private islands the Caribbean, they do pretty much what they want, or not.
They are a media machine, with an entourage of advisers, carefully manipulating the affections of the public, because they know that their jobs depend on it.

Ever since WWI, when they changed their names from from the German Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and even earlier, when it was realised that without "popularity", there was a very real possibility that they might meet the same fate as their Russian cousins. They've been shitting themselves, ever since.
They are celebrities who manipulate their own exposure in the media.

And (as usual) you are factually incorrect.
King Edward abdicated, and lived a very nice life, in retirement, in France, for about 35 years, at this county's expense, naturally, despite being a Nazi sympathiser. -Well of course, they believed in "blood-line purity" too.

When the Sloaney 'Brood Mare' who'd been selected to be the 'rent-a-womb' mother for the future heirs, (Lady Die ) met her end, there wasn't a sign of any emotion, from her Madge, until public opinion forced an appearance, and even then, she was 'dutifully stoic', and yet, when her private yacht was scrapped, she wept openly, in public.

William's exit from the hospital would have been carefully discussed in great depth, for maximum effect.
That he should load the carry-cot into the back of the car, and that he should be seen to be driving, just like a "normal family".. 'Coreographed', and probably rehearsed.
Notice there wasn't any visible sign of their bodyguards, although they were definitely there, in force, and armed to the teeth.
"We're just like a normal family, we just want to go home, to one of our many palaces, and be left alone".

a life, day in, day out, of being cheery (not all are the best at it), making speech after speech, opening this and that and the other, three or four engagements a day...every day..shaking a hundred ,two hundred hands a day..

always on show, never off duty, never out of the lens of some stinking papp, always being the subject of critical running commentary, seeing your family routinely discussed and dissected and exposed for being.....human

no, no thanks.

I don't think there's any danger of you being asked, anytime soon Fred, so relax.
It sounds like you'll believe any old shit they feed you fred.
As long as we pay for them, we're entitled to criticise them.

The reality is a life in mansions, playing polo, practising 'dressage', or carriage racing, shooting pheasants, (they're not allowed to shoot peasants anymore!) and grouse, and ptarmigan, or osprey, or deer, punctuated by "grueling" cruises, all while wearing "designer dresses", which cost more than the average yearly wage, each!!

Margaret was a chain-smoking piss-head, and Randy Andy's "Ambassadorial" roles, revolve around golf-courses, and freebies, at the public's expense.
And they're just the 'tip of the iceberg', the royal family extends way beyond them.

It's not so much the inherited advantages I object to,
but the ready acceptance of it's inevitable counterpart, inherited disadvantage.

They're as 'sexy' as genital warts.

Goodnight.
 scareymush
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/26/2013 1:26:53 AM
Actually, I think the royal couple the duke and duchess of Cambridge are rather sexy in their determined down-to- earthedness and I really can't understand how anybody could abuse the occasion of the birth of their first born to progress an anti-royalty agenda given that both (i.e. William and Kate) seem to be the perfect antidote to the far worse excesses of the celebrity cult which seems to have overtaken rationality within the UK.

Really, how amazing it is for the UK to have a couple who represent the UK abroad and at home too who are just as normal and regular as you and I?

Despite the privilege they were born into, they seem to want to eschew all of it's trappings in the interests of experiencing life and it's simple joys at a more basic level.

Any old embittered freak can slag off the royal family and call them irrelevant and accuse them of being parasites but I won't necessarily take their dogmatic and hyper critical rhetoric seriously unless they can also acknowledge the positive effects of the latest crop of royals in the personage of William and Harry and especially because they are a second generation immigrant from Eastern Europe.

Perhaps for some it's not enough that the younger royals represent the middle class, and instead that they really should start behaving properly as in living the existence of an underprivileged person but truly, the royal couple of William and Kate are people to aspire to being like.

Like the Bob Dylan Song says

"The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.
 Jo van
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/26/2013 12:29:49 PM

jo van... i have no difficulty with republicanism, though in our case i will disagree but it is a good debate if the other side can make a point worth making rather than simply spouting ignorant bile

You oppose the abolition of the monarchy, because it's a change. Consequently, you would struggle with it. You feel you need to 'worship' someone.
I've made lots of points worth making Fred, whereas you have simply continued to repeat "how hard they work", the fallacy that they can't retire, and that they're "constantly watched". All of which I've refuted.
Who's watching them now..? Right at this moment..?
We watch them, when they want us to watch them.
-Or rather you do. I just don't follow orders in that way.
Your argument revolves around you not wanting to swap with them.

It's clear that you're "old-school", that you want everything to remain the same, and that you're frightened by change.
That's fine, lots of people are like that.
I'm more confident in my own ability to adapt to whatever changes life throws at me.

100 years ago, people like you were warning of the dire consequences of giving women the vote.
You can resist change, but it will happen anyway.

i do have difficulty with simple-minded ill-informed stupidity.

Do you mean like the current heir to the throne, lobbying the health minister for "homeopathy" to be funded more generously by our NHS...?
If so, I agree.
I dare say you have difficulty with many things Fred.

your post was as balanced and well judged as ever.

It's just a shame yours was so light on facts, and so littered with the 'soundbites' that you've been instructed to believe.

The current heir to the throne was committing adultery, for years, and said that he "wanted to be a tampon".
-Obviously, that must have all been going on in a part of "the goldfish-bowl" we couldn't see, perhaps round the back of the obligatory "castle"..?

The future heir must live with that knowledge, that his father had betrayed his mother, throughout the entire 'sham' marriage, which ultimately led to her death.
I don't find that either "sexy", or worthy of such blinkered adoration.
But each to their own...
As ever..
JMO
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2013 12:36:05 PM
I will let noone know if anyone from the Royal household contacts me to date via POF.

Are they sexy enough? How the hell can any one judge unless in that circle and anyone of curtesy would not be posting details here.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2013 1:31:01 PM

I will let noone know if anyone from the Royal household contacts me to date via POF.

No fear, I think you are quite safe.
 Jo van
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/27/2013 6:19:50 AM

To Jo..I think Charlie wanted to be Camillas' tampon, not just A, as in any old tampon..imagine where he could have ended up?(no pun intended but still like it..)

Kerry Katona?

Ah Well, I suspect it's purely 'academic' now Linda.
I very much doubt they're in her Asda trolley these days.
Maybe he wants to be her Tenna (sp?) pants now..?

Although they're certainly very "human", and perhaps representative of modern families, I certainly don't think they should be put on any sort of "pedestals", when they're clearly in need of some sort of "Family counseling".
Maybe Jeremy Kyle could do a "Bling" Special, with them all sitting in their Royal Regalia and Crowns, shouting at each other..?

"Queen Kerry" does have a nice ring to it though...

OT Harry was flashing the royal ginga crown jewels in 'Vegas, though sadly, what happened in 'Vegas, didn't stay in 'Vegas..
It's lucky he wasn't the first-born, or there would have been all sorts of questions...
Surely it would have made more sense for the Home Secretary to be present at the moment of conception, rather than at the moment of birth..?

I didn't find his Ma "sexy" at all, but it's subjective.
James Hewitt allegedly did, and Will Carling, (and possibly the rest of the England Team?) and a many others, and Dido (?) apparently did.

I always find people who make their own way in the world, to be far more "sexy" than those who have had every privilege handed to them, 'on a silver plate'.
 daver987654
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2013 2:52:07 PM
^^^^^
Clearly not because they expect to see the Queen as she, Philip and Charles are off on their three month holidays!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >