Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 62
view profile
History
what would the world be like today if only one race existedPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

^^^ By the way, does anyone actually realise that the word Aryan means European?

No, it meant noble in Sanskrit.
what would the world be like today if only one race existed
Posted: 7/6/2014 12:01:09 PM

Black people were the first people on earth, everyone comes from black people. The black man is the template for all men. So in the beginning all people on this earth were black.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. So far, we think that our origins were in Africa, generally speaking. But I haven't understood that to mean "black". Back then, "black", or even "African", didn't mean the same as we mean it today.

A lot of other things in your post seem quite weird. Uninformed troll ramblings? Trying to give black people a bad image with posts like this? Are you the same one who posted in another thread that the average black man is more good-looking than everyone else?
 aremeself
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2015 3:09:48 PM
whoever the first people were, they would have had to have had all the characteristics of all peoples on the earth of this one race here today, in their DNA, that is.

accept for some proven small mutations.
keeping in mind that mutations only work with available genetic information.

mutations are purely accidents.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/12/2015 8:53:08 PM

whoever the first people were,

They were the indigent pple of East Africa (specifically what is now Ethiopia; lower Sudan)

they would have had to have had all the characteristics of all peoples on the earth of this one race here today, in their DNA,

Not really,
Today's humans are believed to have descended from a mere gene pool of about 5000--8000 humans, but as these grew and broke up into different groups and dispersed in different regions, they became more isolated and over the milleniums, they selected out traits more favorably suited to survive in their respective environments.

Mutations constantly occur, and each isolated group has their unique mutations (good or bad) that they usually pass on as they pro-create to shape their evolution. Mutations (if active) can serve as its own new genetic information whether for good purposes or otherwise.

we don't know for sure, some are and some aren't.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 2:51:50 PM

But them catching on within a genetic population isn't so accidental.

Well, which race? ;)

All kidding aside, you would see less historic angst & wars... I guess more socially free of turmoil if it was a modern-day civilization?
 Skyr
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2015 5:02:43 PM

I don't think that's entirely accurate. So far, we think that our origins were in Africa, generally speaking. But I haven't understood that to mean "black". Back then, "black", or even "African", didn't mean the same as we mean it today.

Race is a social concept, not a biological one. Certain polymorphisms are more common in different human populations, but they don't in themselves identify a 'race'.
 funchesf
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/16/2015 4:15:25 PM

within that one race would exist your typical psychopaths and Sociopaths that will use any little differences or due to paranoid cause the others to splinter off into Clans or Tribes ...some families see it happen during Thanksgiving Dinner

but anyway the movie example is "Lords Of The Flies"
Posted: 7/17/2015 3:54:31 PM
England, Scottland, and Ireland warred with each other. And they were all white...

Asia. Think of the history. Africa. Think of the history. The Americas (before Europeans). India...where else. Got everybody's mind going yet?
 bamagrl68
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/9/2015 6:42:56 PM
tomozzo- Some people would still find a way to hate someone else.
This reminds me of a twilight zone episode.
Everyone had a half white, half black face.
Some people had the white on one side, the black on the other.
The rest, also had one on one side and one on the other, but the opposite, like a mirror image and they hated each other.
The point is still relevant, unfortunately.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/9/2015 8:50:32 PM
Oh sure, get all intellectual on us. Oooo, Twilight Zone.

You could have just talked about the Star Bellied Sneetches.
Posted: 8/10/2015 11:00:56 AM
^ Wasn't that Star Trek?
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:16:17 PM

would be Homo.

No Sapiens....
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:44:53 PM

So much better off, as that would mean we do not in social constructs and thus most likley are far more advanced on other things with regards to society.
 Talia-Talia
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 9:17:48 PM
Hopefully that will never happen, or we’ll get Amish (pharaoh) effect. …Surviving skills of Human population will make us want to search for opposite of what we r... for fresh blood influx. That’s how our nature keeps renew own DNA. As u can notice blonds mostly attracted to brunets and good girls to bad boys…. (I do-raising right hand)
 funchesf
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/11/2015 6:57:53 AM

the same thing would happen that is happening today, Women would be viewed as being that of another race and treated as second class citizens ..unless of course that society steered towards Altruism

but even so, after a couple of generations anyone of them would be able to get the part of the porch sitting banjo playing inbred in the next remake of the movie "Deliverance"
 bamagrl68
Msg: 77
Posted: 8/11/2015 3:56:13 PM
helftimedad- Star bellied sneetches?
Drinks, it WAS star trek, oops. :D
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/11/2015 4:10:33 PM
I had to check your profile BamaGirl. You have kids. And you don't know the entire Dr Seuss lexicon? I'm shocked. I also think that should be just cause for calling child protective services.

You just can't teach a Sneetch.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/11/2015 5:25:36 PM
halftimedad- Right?! I'm such a slacker. :D
I just confused Star Trek and The twilight Zone, now two groups of obsessed fans are going to come after me. :0
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/12/2015 11:53:16 PM

halftimedad- Right?! I'm such a slacker. :D
I just confused Star Trek and The twilight Zone, now two groups of obsessed fans are going to come after me. :0

Not to mention Frank Gorshin fans... I would worry more about them...
 dragonbytes
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/13/2015 5:28:34 AM

Really boring.

Though I figure we would find a way create groups that we could be biased against. So really not that much different than what we do have.
 JustDukky
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/20/2016 10:27:54 PM
Only one race exists now...the human race. Unfortunately, you can already see what the world is like with just one race. We're animals that hate one another for being the least bit different.
 kidreason29
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/21/2016 1:58:44 AM
if race as a concept in human consciousness didn't exist...

it wouldn't matter, people will find new ways to separate, distinguish, differentiate self/others from others, whether it be physical differentiation or an idea/ism/philosophy that people identify themselves with.
 JustDukky
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/21/2016 8:35:04 AM
Elitism is the big enemy of humanity. All it takes is for one guy to think he's better than others. The next thing you know, the world is the way it is, a pyramidal hierarchy with elitists at the top.
Posted: 12/10/2016 5:20:07 PM
I'll have no more nonsense!
I'll take no more gup!
From Uk who eat bread with the butter side up.
Dr. Sueuss, The Butter Battle
 platypus_man
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 4:45:01 AM
Because technically, only one race does exist. Just with a very wide range of shapes and a wide range of colors, depending upon how much melanin is in the skin and hair. Only egocentric humans like to come up with ways in which their own particular shaped and color of people are superior to others.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  >