Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 2
What if Internet Dating didn't existPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Friends of friends is how it was when I was a teenager. School sanctioned parties, dances. Community sanctioned parties, dances. Friend's parties. Skating arenas (yeah really).

The newspaper ad is sounding a great idea every day.
 Smitty828282
Msg: 3
What if Internet Dating didn't exist
Posted: 12/9/2007 11:44:07 AM
Then natural selection would be playing a much bigger role in pro-creation these days...

Go go Darwin!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/9/2007 12:45:14 PM
1. I treat the internet as more entertainment than anything - at times I approach people that interest me regardless of where I am - to be honest, I see more that interests me in real life than I do on the net. Always have.

2. I don't look to date as a goal, so that urgency or feeling that many have to search different mediums to find some sort of soulmate isn't really in my line of thinking. Living life and enjoying it regardless and meeting people as I do so is more my speed. If I meet someone and things click, that's just icing on the cake.
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/9/2007 1:27:45 PM
I would meet my Johns ... oops, I mean, dates, as usual, by strolling down the sidewalk in that "special" part of town!
 Karrpilot
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 2:12:50 PM
I would never had the amount and type of abuse that i currently get now. Without even leaving the house. And from all over the world ! Maybe i can get on that T.V. show the biggest looser. Except that they mean weight, and i am only 155 lbs.
 becca210
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/9/2007 3:55:55 PM
Without the Internet, I certainly would not have met some really exciting people in my life.
I remember how it was before, but I hope I don't have to return to it.
Everyone can flirt at the grocery store, but I only ended up with one date and that was a guy that helped me with some steak (he was a meat cutter, back in school and working part time...it was pretty cool).
A couple actually from church, many from the bar scene, some from work situations and a couple that got in their car and came knocking after hearing my voice. So much easier now.
Becca
 Dracoa79
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 4:14:47 PM
If there wasn't Internet Dating? Well, seeing as how I see every woman I see out in the real world as either family (surrounded by family), taken, or not interested (as in not interested in me as a person, or as in me as a man), I would do about the same thing as I do now, well the results would be the same anyways. That is to say that the results would be that I get completely ignored. Am I bitter about that? No. I'm actually fine with being single, for the most part. In the end, my dates would be non-existent, kinda like now.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 6:52:17 PM
Only been in internet dating this year.
I'd have no less dates than now (zero). Maybe more?
I'd not have messaged the few people here I like.
I'd still think height is not a problem, at least in real life.
I'd have read a lot more books.
I'd have worked out a lot more.
I'd have gone out a lot more this year.
Hmmm....Maybe I should spend a LOT less time on this site. Sounds like there are a lot of advantages.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 7:02:29 PM
You forgot that you did not shell out $50.00 a month like E-Takeyourmoney.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >