Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > For Men Only Do you prefere looks or personality??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GentleHand
Msg: 8
view profile
History
For Men Only Do you prefere looks or personality??Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
great personality and a nice ass, yeah im known to fall for those two things.
So long as the teeth aren't all jacked up.
 HAZMAT690
Msg: 10
For Men Only Do you prefere looks or personality??
Posted: 10/22/2005 11:14:41 PM
Attraction is attraction. It may be someone across the supermarket, or across the continent. Physical, mental, I'm not sure which one is more intoxicating. Either way, attraction is just that.
 chpdlvr
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/22/2005 11:37:01 AM
usually with me looks come with personality, `cause if you have a beautiful personality,... your beautiful yourself
 ktownken
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:02:15 PM
LOL,there are 30 something postings and 13 of them have photos.Hmmmm...so,20 people got on here to expouse their theory on whether looks matter WITHOUT GIVING THE OPPOSITE SEX A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!!!And a lot of them(I read a few) say looks DO matter...do you realize how foolish that is people?And you wonder why you cant find your match?lol
 poeusmc
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:12:39 AM
Ma'am

I truthfully prefer a lady with a personality over looks. You may have a Babie doll female but if she Can not have a level comversation with you, what do you have? I like open, honest, truthful, and caring women more then I look at looks. Is she is all of those, THEN SHE IS A TRUE LADY AND FRIEND. And you will have something to build a lifetime together with. Randy
 poeusmc
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:37:05 AM
Can a person look beyond superfical looks at the very start? Can a man strick up a conversation with a lady that he thinks is ugly? Can a woman do the same? I like the internet bacuase we can be us. My question is why do some ladies show a graduation photo of them where they are 4o plus? I would like to see the lady as she is please. I would like her fat, skinny, And anything in between, as long as she is honest 24/7. All I ask for is an honest lady. Is that to much to ask for? I guess so. Randy
 calendarboy
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/27/2006 8:09:51 AM
personality is more important but its not all inclusive. the way a woman looks at me is much more important than whether she's looking thru glasses. what she says is much more important than the teeth the words pass through. but the looks and words carry more weight if i'm proud and excited to be with that person's body.
 Desert dude
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/17/2007 1:56:38 AM
We all like women to look good. But I would take a 6 with a decent personality over a 10 with a lousy personality.
 hanging In
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:31:56 AM
Men can be vain and shallow. Well so can women. We tend to forget we have aged and think we are still young and therefore seek the love of our life. Those thoughts go back to our memories of that age person we once fell in love with.

I did not read the other postings before writing this. Did that on purpose so I would not repeat something I had already read.

Men seek women they are attracted to. They don't have to be perfect (model perfect) just what they look for in someone of the opposite sex. It all begins with attraction. Once the attraction is there from both sides, conversation that includes mutual interests are explored. We want someone who has a lot of our same qualities and likes. Lastly we want someone that is going in the same direction we are in life.

Without attraction a relationship does not begin. Without a personality we are comfortable with a relationship does not continue.
 xsiveporsche
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/18/2007 4:20:22 PM
The problem on here is that all you have to go on first is a picture. If youare not attracted by looks here then it won't go farther. It is a pity but everyone seems to think alike. Personality is the main thing I look for but I have to be physically attracted too. I am not looking for a 10 in looks but a 10 in personality. How do yyou determine that by a pic and a short essay.
 LaffNTalk
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/4/2007 5:22:33 PM
Why settle for either/or? I have to be attracted to both appearance and personality. I've had it both ways, wonderful personality but not very attracted to (lasted for a long time, but was like being with a friend, missing passion), and very attractive looks with a problem personality (great to look at, lots of passion & lust, but problems / boredom are tough to deal with).

Giving up either one is a recipe for eventual failure. For me, I require both!
 hanging In
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/18/2008 3:20:17 PM
I believe if you don't have both then you don't have a relationship that will work. What some women say id that men just want this beauty queen type person. That is not always true. We look for someone we have an attraction to. Some like eyes; some smile; some body type; some the breast size. That is because each man has his own idea of who he is looking for. I can be anything in her build, etc but if he is attracted and she has a nice personality and not just attitude, it can be a great start.
 NASH58
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/3/2008 7:09:13 AM
I look for a woman that looks sexy and has a great personailty one that has a lot of fun
 HarleyRider243
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 9:52:58 PM
Hmmm speaking for myself ONLY....I have to answer this question with a question... What about honesty, loyality, good communicator, and the things that really make the world go around? Looks and personality are ok but it takes a hellva lot more then that. Now one might say that personality covers all that, hmmmm well I dont think so. But then again its just my opinion. Sure we as humans can change our personalities for someone but in my previous relationships I've found that doesnt work out too good either. For me trying to change myself to get along with a lady has never done anything but brought a generally fast end to that relationship, but thats just me. I may be single the rest of my life, lol, but my motto is take me as I am or keep baiting that ole hook, I'm too damn old to try to "impress" a woman in any other way then the real person I am. LOL I can see some eyes rolling now!!!! Have a good one.
 Trailrider71
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 12:16:53 PM
georgelock--been there, done that. I feel your pain. Personally, I find different things attractive about different women. I actually tend to find women with sharp features more attractive. That's not to say that women with soft features are not attractive. One thing I do tend to avoid is women who have weight issues. Yeah, sure, let the hate mail begin. A lot of women hate body hair. I was born with that gene. I hate big bellies. It is a sign of someone who sits on the couch too much. I've also found that people who don't sit on the couch all the time are usually more interesting because they are out living life and dictating their own values, not letting Hollywood rot their brains with insipid programming. For me, the firm body leads me to believe that her mind would be just as nice to get to know as her body. So I guess the short answer is that she can't have one without the other. If I don't find her attractive on all fronts, it isn't going anywhere.
 grim skull
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/5/2009 9:15:33 PM
well answer your question personality any day looks mean nothing to me . out all date the reel good ones olny looking for a mans easy can use get what then dump him . i saying there selfish .
 NASH58
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/9/2010 8:13:19 AM
Both but looks first
 maples01
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 1:11:59 PM
If there is no attraction, you'll not be interested in getting to know them personally.
There, I said it, no point in avoiding the question.
 RNDB2C
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/12/2010 5:43:05 AM
LOOKS..

No brains, FAST ON HER feet getting me my MEALS and a few cold beers.

In real life. LOOKS, where me or her don't have to tie a pork chop around our necks.
Than personality, call me shallow but she got to LOOK at my MUG every morning to. I don't want to make her hurl, think she's not staying around for a 2nd date if does.
Than we have to have things in common besides color of bed room ceiling or bathroom floor.
Also AGE, not seeing someone way older or YOUNGER. About 7 years, both ways enough.
 Jakkals
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/24/2014 5:13:18 AM
I am male and I am sorry, I struggle with the concept where people say they will take a person more for their personality than looks.

Would any of you who say personality is most important, date and have sex with and have a long term lasting relationship if this person is plain, or not physically attractive to you, but you get along fine and love her personality?
Let me be clear, physical attraction or looks is not always the beautiful bomb shell model type woman, or the hunks with the big muscles and cute face.
It is what you naturally feel appealing and see as attractive physically, without that person saying or doing a single thing.
E.g. I love woman with darker skin or olive skin, dark or black hair, long hair, slightly long face, not a stick figure, but not overly obese either, don't like flat chested woman or skinny. I kid you not, I pretty much will not take any notice of blonds or redheads for example, whereas other men would fall over their feet for that.
So physical attraction depends, not all the same things we look for.

For me physical attraction is as important as having a compatible and complimentary personality, not the one or the other. And in my view one is not more important than the other. I can't imagine myself be with someone and be happy with it if I am not physically or sexually attracted to them too. Unless of course I am just looking for a friend or companion.
And I certainly would not be having a lasting relationship if all there is, is the physical attraction with no personality to go with. They have to go together.

I am assuming the OP asked this question in relation to a lasting relationship like marriage or dating and not just casual friendship or companionship. Many older people will simply settle for companionship or friendship.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > For Men Only Do you prefere looks or personality??