Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Curvy Vs SlimPage 26 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
according to statistics.......the average pant size of American women is
a size 12 - 14

but hell.....it's just a number.....just like age is a number....
If your preference is different.....that is fine.....
but there is absolutely no reason to be mean or hateful to someone who isn't of the size u prefer.
 fancynanci
Msg: 783
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/13/2008 12:17:00 PM
If men don't love curves, they definitely need to leave me alone.
 gentleplus
Msg: 791
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/13/2008 3:48:32 PM
For me the key is if you have an overall level of health.... when weight causes health issues then you are overweight....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 800
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 8:02:19 AM

That is why i dont like when guys say , i wont date a girl who weighs more then 150 , because it may look "fat" on one girl . but on another , it is perfect.

I agree with this totally. An athletic girl may have extra lbs on her just from muscle weight tho she may not have any body fat at all. While a woman who's actually got more body fat and doesn't work out at all may weigh less from less muscle...a flat weight doesn't always tell you anything.

I am a little over 5'6" and my BMI is 20.8. For my frame my ideal weight according to charts is 128-133, but that doesn't allow for muscle weight. I've been guessed at 125 many times, but I'm solid muscle and weigh in at about 132-136 depending on what time of day I get on a scale. Without muscle weight I'd easily be 130 or less...but the extra muscle tone actually burns calories more efficiently for me and makes me feel and look healthier.

That being said, I am also all curves...
 ceaser_73
Msg: 805
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 12:58:28 PM
HOTTIE I dated a girl that was curvy. She had a big upper body as far as shoulders and back,(of german descent) wasen't really big breasted, had a great set of legs,calves,thighs,feet, nice butt, and was very cute in the face. She wasen't no CHEWBACA by far. She wasen't always comfortable with herself but all women are thier own worst critic. I never had a problem with her and found her attractive in many other ways.
Myself a women doesn't have to be perfect, if she is attractive in the areas of interest that are fitting to a persons liking well then it is all good? It all depends on how the eyes register to the brain. Everybody has thier own preference.
 ceaser_73
Msg: 806
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 12:59:20 PM
HOTTIE I dated a girl that was curvy. She had a big upper body as far as shoulders and back,(of german descent) wasen't really big breasted, had a great set of legs,calves,thighs,feet, nice butt, and was very cute in the face. She wasen't no CHEWBACA by far. She wasen't always comfortable with herself but all women are thier own worst critic. I never had a problem with her and found her attractive in many other ways.
Myself a women doesn't have to be perfect, if she is attractive in the areas of interest that are fitting to a persons liking well then it is all good? It all depends on how the eyes register to the brain. Everybody has thier own preference.
 celts123
Msg: 809
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 1:42:38 PM
There are attractive women from both body types. However some women would label themselves as curvy ( or a few extra pounds ) when they are actually obese.
 blueeyed_one
Msg: 812
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 2:46:37 PM
Curves in all the right places is good. I quite like a toned look too though. I suppose slim with large breasts and toned legs is ideal.

I prefer a few extra pounds to being too slim.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 814
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 3:18:35 PM
WOW.......you must be really proud of yourself.....especially when you have to go flaunting how "curvacious" you are on a curvy vs slim thread!!
Now if i had to judge you by your photos id say you were slim/verging on the thin side.....with a few muscles on show.......fair fcuks to ya........but im guessing theres REAL curvy women on here who would love to show you a pic of "real" curves.
Muscle doesnt = curves..........fat does!
Do yourself a favour and stop flaunting yourself as a curvy woman.....when your anything but!!

My point was that:

1. Curvy does not always mean "fat".
2. A certain weight does not always mean fat or thin in itself, even when accompanied by height.
3. If you saw pics of me from the back, you'd know I had curves because I have a JLo ass that I don't like but people seem to think is a highlight...and you'd have spared yourself that...was it a rant? I don't think curves means one thing to all people....but if you do, well that's fine.

I apologize to the masses, I thought I had curves but was mistaken. When do I get to choose my last meal (pun intended) before the blindfold/cigarette?
 blueeyed_one
Msg: 815
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 3:21:39 PM

I apologize to the masses, I thought I had curves but was mistaken.

You are hot!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 824
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/14/2008 4:41:55 PM
Personalty I have no idea what curvy verses slim really means, any more, same as a few extra pounds,.

People say guys love curves but do they really

What the word curves means to me, is the woman has distinct definition as it relates to the out line of her body,, For example the look I like, would be 34 -36 b or C, /perky with my eyes closed, I can follow with my hands from her jaw line, down her slender neck, feel her shoulders beneath my hands as I feel her collar bone, down to her breasts, to her sides/under arms, slowly trace her body with my hands and feel them moving in toward towards her waist, as my hands rest there a second as her hips just cup my hands so the don't slide off, then my hands move out word as my hands travel along her hips, stopping, then reaching from behind to the small of her back, I can move my hands towards her butt, her butt extents out wards a little, as her cheeks are firm with a little jiggle,,, sliding my hands down to the back of her thighs , I feel a firmness in them, then to the front of her thighs, as my hands move to her calves, they are firm as well,,

In a society where slim is favoured

see above...

I have no idea about body fat, muscle mass, height to weight ratio, or any thing else, i just know what I find appealing to me, However that by no means suggests women who do not fit what I described for me, are not attactive, because they are, and in a perfect world that is what I would like,, and because I'm far from perfect, how could I ever expect some else to be...
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 829
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 1:38:25 AM
Slim, slender, svelte. What would I do with all that extra woman? Most women think they deserve bonus points for having big boobs. I could care less. All my female relatives have ginormous ones, so I tend to like smaller busted women. Non child-bearing hips is a plus in my book. A nice a** and legs beats big breasts consistently. A well-turned ankle is the cherry on top.
 JustMary65
Msg: 834
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 5:47:11 AM
I'm neither curvy or slim---I'm ROUND---and seeing ROUND is a shape...there fore I'm shapely----maybe not the SHAPE that is politically correct, but I'm learning it doesn't much matter, because for each person whose uninterested in my shape there appears to be about 5 more who are....LOL!!

I prefer men with dark skin, hair, and eyes--and with broad shoulders and big hands. That being said, if a person is kind, funny and treats me well I don't much care what package he comes in...because as we age so too, do our bodies.

I got shapely curves-----so the ride might be scary----but it's still fun.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 844
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 10:59:34 AM
CJ

I guess my biggest beef with this thread ist the title itself.. Just due to the fact that Slim women are also curvy.. In fact their curves can be seen more due to the fact that they are slim.

I agree,

I just think a lot of overweight women, fat women use the term curvy just due to the fact that they can't come to gripse with the fact that they are fat. So they come up with all these waterd down terms Cuvry, BBW, and so on

I agree again, however, when it comes to describing ones body, we all need to be honest, for example, I'm considered, slender, skinny, toned, even athletic, although some woman like that look in a man, their are others, who like big, husky, a few extra pounds, large, muscular, defined, I used me as an example, because I get to judge me instead of letting other do it.

I think there are only to things to consider, the first being the most important, are we happy and comfortable with the way our body is, (if not it's up to change it if we can, meaning medical issues aside)

Secondly, Putting personality and all other things aside, Is that man or woman attractive to the opposite sex, well that would depends on the other man or woman's with their personal choices and what they find appealing or attractive to them, Now if someone find me not attractive or to skinny or for what ever reason, I'm certainly not going to try and change their view of me, because I personally do not care, as long as I am happy with myself.

Some people find the terms, skinny, slim, fat, overweight, curvy, offensive to themselves, and I believe it's because they are not happy with their appearance.

Does it really matter in the end.. what or how someone else views us, "I say no"

I think it's always good to remember, when you or I look at a man or woman, we make a call whether she/he has the body we like, it's not about that particular woman or the man, it's about us , and our choices in what we like. it's never about the other person.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 852
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 12:08:05 PM
I am inbetween. I am not fat, far from skinny, just really stocky. I am also in a great workout plan and diet now, that should have me smokin hot in about 3 months. I was another horse accident 3 months ago (Damn jump got in the way.), and FINALLY back in the gym again. I am keeping the horse but not riding for a while...lol I try to stay fit, and refuse to become "fat." I have a few pounds to lose, and I do not like feeling tired or out of shape. I am constantly on the move and like to be fit. I do NOT want to be "skinny" (ewwww) I just want to get cut up and lose the body fat. I am built big genitically anyway, so I am not going to fight what God gave me. But I think I look pretty good for being 38. :) A guy will either like me, or he won't. I really do not care. At least I am real.And happy with who I am. That is all that matters. Anyone can do anything they want with their bodies. It is all about dicipline, and how bad they want it.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 853
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 1:30:56 PM

Actually most of us do, but when you start comparing the real women on POF to Beyonce and Shakira, what do you think you are doing? You are furthering the media's machine. I didn't think this was a difficult concept to get.

Funny the two women you mentioned,, I have no clue they are. may be if I saw them I would. But, men experience the same thing, with "some woman" the fantasy, of them meeting or being with, Paul Newman, Robert Rexford, Tome Cruse, Richard Gear, Denzel Washington, the list goes on,, Yes they are all attractive men. Do I need to compete with them,, No,, I say no because anyone who thinks we are more or less of a man, because of who they are that man has issues. That would hold true for woman as well.

Those actors/actress are people just like you and us, the difference is, they have a staff of professionals who take care of them, and are made to look good so to speak.

I really don't think men and woman are comparing, some just have a fantasy of what they would like,, and to dream is a good thing,, as long as we know where those dreams start and reality begins.

As for little girls being ridiculed by boys as they were growing up,, I agree it's wrong, and I'm ashamed to admit it, I was one of those stupid little boys, However, the same thing happens to little boys, they can be called nerds, skinny, fat, you pick the word. it's unfortunate that went on years ago, and still goes on today.

That said, here is the problem, if by our early or mid twenties, we men and woman can't let that go,, it's us who now have the issues, what happened to building your own self worth/confidence, if that hasn't been achieved by now,, it's time to seek professional help, in my opinion. That would be another topic in another tread.

If find it quite interesting how many, let society speak for who we are, but rather, it should be us, who speaks for who we are, listen to ourselves, and not others.

wildheart, I think you stated somewhere, that someone mentioned you were a bag of bones,, Now in my opinion, your body type is perfect as I see you, the problem with that is, that just my view, no matter how true I believe it is.

Oh that Richard Gear thing, I spoke with a woman friend of mine a few weeks back, I haven't spoken with her for over 30 yrs,, and during our conversation,, I asked,, do you still have a picture of Richard Gear on your refrig. she said yes, we laughed, my point, she is attracted to that man for what ever reason, my point is, when we dated 30+ yrs ago, I'd see that picture and say to myself, WTF is up with that.. well knowing I never had to compete, because I wouldn't have anyway, I most likely would have lost anyway, just by the mere fact Richard was a fantasy.. women don't have to compete either,, if they do, it's their own insecurities that make them do so..
 rdcnorm
Msg: 856
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 2:30:52 PM
CJ, Thanks
I'll check them out, I'm I just so bad at remembering singers and celebrities names, even though I love music.. and I think it's because, our worlds are so far apart, and what they do in their circle really has no affect on me or my friends, some people are so engrossed with the show Entertainment Tonight,,I just don't get the appeal..
 rdcnorm
Msg: 860
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 5:39:06 PM

You guys are all so confusing....since when did Curvy start meaning you have extra meat on your bones??? I always thought curvy meany you had an hourglass figure...and slim...

What gives?

So, being slim with 'good' curves would make for a whole new category???

That's the point I think, men have no idea, nor do woman. We are what we are, and it just seems to me,, there doesn't need to be a category, If categories were not abused however, then we all could pick one. But with today's standards, and when some men and woman refuse to be honest about their shape it affect the whole, therefore the category become contaminated,,

I mean no offence to any one, but here is an example, many of us have been there, gone on a date, in my case the woman says she is average, I'm OK with average, however I'm not Ok with lies, when you meet, she is 170+ lbs,, that is not average, nor is 100lbs, if the average height of a woman is 5'4" or so.

So, being slim with 'good' curves would make for a whole new category

That would make a great category,, in my opinion...

Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 862
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 6:15:05 PM
Curvy is a woman with a defined waist. Not curvy is a woman who is straight up and down. Simple.

As it applies to fat or thin, both sizes can be curvy. I would not describe myself as curvy first. I would yell out that I am one big gal. End of story.

People are getting their panties and briefs all in a bunch over this. I say if I am happy with myself its all good. If I meet someone who thought my ass didn't match my rack, and I was some weird candy apple... I send them on their way without hurt feelings.

I have been from anorexic to big... I love myself now. I didn't when I was thin. The size of me was not the issue but I am awfully tired of people bashing thin women because they are thin, and tired of people bashing fat women because they are fat. Save the hate, and get with someone who you want to be with.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 863
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/15/2008 7:09:11 PM
I agree that slim or big you can have curves. Curves usually means as was said before you have a defined waistline. Your curves have to do with your lines at your sides. It doesn't usually mean curves in the front or the back. So bootys or boobs don't count when it comes to curves. Women that have children, not all, usually do have more defined hips and gives them more curves, but it isn't always true. Genetics plays a role in the curves.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 873
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/16/2008 10:02:51 AM
^^^^^No you look like the shape of a bowling pin. I think BB&W would be more accurate too, not sure if you know what "a few extra pounds" means. (Few would be like 10 max, not 50.) You would not be described as curvy as your waistline goes outward quite a bit. Curvy indicates your waistline goes inwards. With the redness in your face, I am guessing you probably are having some blood pressure problems that should be addressed. I hope that you and your doctor are working on your health for your daughter's sake, if not for your own.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 876
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/16/2008 10:36:39 AM
^^^I think he was quoting someone else but didn't box the quote - girldiver maybe? It looks like he meant it about himself but I think he was responding to someone above him...
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 879
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/16/2008 11:18:14 AM
How was it insensitive? I thought he said he had a curvy figure. He has that he is a few extra pounds, he obviously isn't. His weight and age are indications of medical problems and I said I hoped he was doing something about them with his doctor for his daughter if not him. Not insensitive that is called concern. (And there are people that mark athletic that are BBW, average that are a few extra, etc. People don't mark that area according to how they really are, I noticed it.)

It isn't my fault he doesn't know how to use the quote feature.

I didn't say he looked like a beached whale as some men have said about women, or twigs as others have said. I said a bowling pin. Have you never seen bowling pins being painted to look like people? Or if I would have said a bowling ball, that would be bad. Here we are saying hour glass in comparison to women. That is another none human inanimate object.

Don't expect me to pity someone that is in denial about their weight. He stated he had an hour glass, that is what was written and that is what I responded to. If you want to say you are curvy, well I will look at your profile and tell you what inanimate object I think you are shaped like. I haven't called myself curvy or slim, I have only discussed the topic and what others have stated on here.
 CHAOTICBEAUTINESS
Msg: 887
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 11/16/2008 8:32:14 PM
Look to the right of the message box, it shows you how to quote using the [] and the word quote. That is how you show quotes on here.

Sorry about your skin condition, but the picture your daughter took does make you look heavier than what you are saying and I have seen painted pins that look like people.

As I said before, I don't say I am curvy or slim. I am athletic. I have a boy friend. He is happy with my shape and I am happy with his, that is what is important.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >