Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DemonLeather
Msg: 147
Curvy Vs SlimPage 3 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I read spiderwoman's post.. and just wanted to state that I am by NO means anyone to point fingers at anybody. I used to be pretty fit in my youth, but accidents have taken their toll on that,.. AND, I can get by those doughnuts pretty good,.. but I'm a sucker for a tall, frosty beer! I just.. can't say no. (now If feel easy & slutty.. I admit it, I'm a beer-slut)
 DemonLeather
Msg: 150
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/20/2007 12:18:14 AM
PARIS HILTON!!!??? Don't make me puke! Not only is she scrawny, gawky, big-headed & ugly, A jellyfish has 9 more brain cells than she does! The ONLY thing Paris Hilton has to make her even REMOTELY attractive... is her Daddy's $$$
 Spider Woman
Msg: 166
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:56:01 PM
Only a dog wants just a bone.
 totum_spirit
Msg: 168
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/20/2007 8:17:07 PM
I agree Marilyn Monroe was a beautiful woman and she had a shape to die for. That is more of what I prefer is a woman not a model or a chubby woman but one with the meat on her bones. Marilyn was NOT a few extra pounds nor was she chubby she was what models should look like on the run way instead of skin and bones.
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:56:28 PM
curves please, I don't like bangin a board, the bigger the ass, the better, nice big hips, yes please
 BamaBob
Msg: 173
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/21/2007 6:20:58 PM
hmmm....not quite sure what the issue is here. I like something good to look at. Flat tummy is a turn on even if it has a touch of fluff. I just think it is wrong for women to say they have a "few extra pounds" when they are perfectly curvy and nice then another says she has a "few extra pounds" then I see her pic and she apparently doesn't know the difference between "a few" and a whole damn bunch! Bone skinny just isn't a turn on for me at all. I know many women who are big and still shapely. It's the bones and and the rolls that can distract me. When it gets to the point of being a physical disability or hindrance then all I can do is look and tell myself that I hope I never get in that condition. As for being attracted to a woman...nowadays female body builders look like freaks to me...but, the very first female body builder to win the big time championship was awesome! That has probably been 25 or so years ago...don't remember her name.... just think, Linda Evans all the way back to Big Valley and later on Dynasty... and of course, all the years to watch Candice Bergen develop! Buxom & Beautiful Loni Anderson!
 darkness757575
Msg: 177
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/21/2007 9:05:41 PM
women can be very attractive in all shapes when there naked... Small boobs are not unattractive at all!!!
 YearoftheCat
Msg: 179
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/21/2007 11:36:22 PM
Lovey38-wow, this is what it's all about. I envy the thoroughbred body type, but at my slimmest, I don't have those protruding hipbones. Lots of guys in this thread are saying kudos to the hourglass, but you Lovey, have the admiration of media masses. I'm not being sarcastic either, 38 and without a weight worry in the world, the Calvin Klein physique is one that women fantasize about and Hollywood embraces as the ideal. And you're closer to SI than Marilyn.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/23/2007 3:59:45 AM
Anna.0388, I do think there's something nice to a slim woman, but you can definitely say there's a lot to say for some men about a woman with a decent sized bum/butt. Many men like a girl with a nice behind that isn't too small (not too big either). Also, many men like women with decent sized breasts. In the end, though, most guys are pretty much flexible as long as she looks good somehow to him. I agree with you that beauty can be in the slim women out there and the curvy, bust types with breasts and a nice bum. I mean women are attracted also to different types including tall, thin guys and stocky guys. We men vary in our tastes generally as well...
 krookie
Msg: 201
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/24/2007 8:00:17 PM
I think people should describe themselves how "they" feel most comfortable. AND then put in more than just a head shot. You don't have to pose for the camera, but a full body shot would help anyone determine if they are interested. I really don't understand why all people don't do this. I never based my interest solely on the pictures, but if there was no full shot, I would always hesitate a bit, especially with the lack of a COMPLETE list of body types available to choose from.
 curvyqt
Msg: 218
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/26/2007 7:39:01 PM
Angelina Jolie is not what I would call "skinny but fit" at all. She is NASTY skinny. Anorexic even. It is just gross when you can actually count her vertebrae. Skinny and fit is a good look, but Angie does not have it. Somebody tell her it's okay to eat in moderation.
Skinny and fit is someone whose bones are not jutting out all over the place and actually HAS muscle tone because they actually E-A-T protein
 curvyqt
Msg: 219
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/26/2007 7:42:14 PM
I agree. Not all thin women are anorexic. Most of them do not LOOK anorexic.
But there are some out there who are just nasty skinny. If I can see your windpipe..its nasty skinny..if I can count the exact number of vertebrae in your neck..it is nasty skinny.

There are women who are beautifully, naturally thin and loving it
 Spider Woman
Msg: 221
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 12/27/2007 8:47:25 PM
Is this debate still going on? im bored already!!
written by chitchatz

Socrates said, "Only boring people get bored."
 fancynanci
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/22/2008 3:46:12 PM
I sure do love all you men who said you prefer CURVES on a woman!
 Smjle
Msg: 235
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/22/2008 5:41:59 PM
Anna, men are attracted to curvy; that is, an hour glass figure. Basically men are attracted to women with a waist to hip ratio (WHR) of 0.7. Measure the waist at the narrowest point after exhaling and measure the hips at the widest point. You are very close to that (my estimate is your WHR is 0.73) so you are curvy and that is the reason men are attracted to you.

The mode size of a Playboy model is 34-24-36, weight is 110, and height is 5'7?.
Waist-Hip Ratio of 0.7.

Beauty icons including Marilyn Monroe, Alessandra Ambrosio, Sophia Loren, Kate Moss, and even Venus de Milo all have ratios around 70%. Notice they have significantly different weights.
 Ignoble
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/22/2008 5:50:49 PM
RE: First post.

Well my two favorite things about a woman are the two H's. Hips and hair. So you might automatically think I like curvy over slim. But I dont see why a slim woman cant have hips. I dont need like WIDE as hell hips (which are nice by the way) just a clearly defined curve of hip. Its sexy as all hell.
 fixitfred
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/23/2008 1:02:21 AM
Fat women disguise their description by saying they're curvy. I mean curves in the right places. You won't be dissappointed.

Give me slim any day and all you skinny ladies on here look good in a cute boyish kinda way.
 EH1
Msg: 249
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/23/2008 12:06:04 PM
Curvy. By curvy I mean proportionatly large curves and a slim waiste is the most attractive to me. Ghetto booties and Boobs the size of basket balls are to big and not attractive.
 Smjle
Msg: 251
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/23/2008 3:45:22 PM
To me curvy means you have some similance of an hour glass figure.

That is true. With a waist to hip ratio (WHR) of 0.7 Even Kate Moss is curvy.

Besides, many have said Marylin Monroe was curvy, she was like a size 12!

That is true however, it is misleading. If you don't believe it, take a look at a dress/clothing pattern from the 1950's. As a rule, they list the dress size with bust and waist size. A size size 12 dress will list the bust as 31-32" and the waist as 24". Now if you look at a current clothing chart or pattern you'll see that the same "Bust/Waist" measurements will say size 4/6. If you need even more proof, get your paws on an original Sears Catalog from the 1950's ( you can find them at large book stores) and feast your eyes on their clothing size charts. Are you getting the picture of how misleading it is to say Marylin Monroe was a size 12?

Copy and paste the following link in your browser address to view a risque photo of Marylin Monroe in her early twenties:
http://www.hollywoodyesterday.com/marilyn-monroe-feet.jpg
I am sure a modern day size 4 or 6 dress would be approprate for her.
 krookie
Msg: 259
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/24/2008 8:55:12 AM
Actually, I have two things to say to the post above... I don't think ANYONE in here has said they HAVE to be with someone with a "perfect" body. And, of course, "perfect" is in the eye of the beholder anyway. That fact is ALWAYS the reason generalizations NEVER work. And second, after looking at your pictures, I believe the only one that would be calling you fat is...you. Fortunately, or hopefully, you seem to have found someone who is able to look past it...the attitude and the poor self image, not the body. Of course, we see the age and we all know what we were like in our early 20's. Hopefully, it'll click for you one of these days.
 jf468
Msg: 261
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/24/2008 9:19:22 AM
actually i definatly dont comply to these 34-24-36 ideal , im more like 38-30-41 so way off the ideal statistics several of these men have advocated, i personally dont see myself as fat and if u had read my comment correctly you would of read ,

i am what alot of these men would deem to be fat and therefore unattractive

Some men stated that their definition of a curvy woman is 34-24-26. It doesn't mean they think all women who are bigger than that are fat and unattractive or they would only date a woman with these measurements.

he also said further back that again that to him is curvy, insinuating fatter girls shouldnt be allowed to use that term as they are not to him curvy, but FAT. Now THAT is insulting to the larger ladies

How is that insulting to ALL larger ladies? He is talking about the people who lie about their body type, not all fat women in general. There are some women who call themselves curvy when they are really fat.
 that sam i am
Msg: 265
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/24/2008 9:41:14 AM

What happen to the 36-24-36 girls???? That is curvy to me

Only if she's 6'2"
 northeast25
Msg: 267
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/24/2008 9:52:19 AM
Perhaps they liked my profile? thought i was a nice funny warm person and added me? there are lots of women much hotter than I am on here so its again a bit of an assumption to assume theyre only interested in me because im ok looking :)

Your profile might be a part of the reason why some men added you. But I don't think many men ( and women as well ) would be interested in a person that they think is completely unattractive.
 Smjle
Msg: 276
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/24/2008 4:11:44 PM

Smjle, I'd like to know what mathematical equation you're using to come up with your waist to hip ratio (WHR). Also, you sound like there's some definition in the dictionary that says curvy means a 0.7 WHR. Please note: if you look up curvaceous in the dictionary it states, "having a well-proportioned feminine figure marked by pronounced curves." I think the issue here is it's a matter of opinion. To come out like you're an authority of some sort is ridiculous. Again, I was serious about the math thing. If you read my post clue me in. I am suspect however of anything that deems Kate Moss as curvy.

Curvy is an hour-glass figure. An hour-glass can be tall and slender or short and wide. An attractive girl will have a waist to hip ratio (WHR) of of 0.8 or less. Hott is 0.7 or less. Kate Moss has a WHR of 0.7. That means she has an hour-glass figure and therefore she is curvy.

A WHR of 0.7 is a sign of good health and the ability to produce children and give birth with few problems. Heavy set women with a WHR of greater than 0.8 like to refer to themselves as curvy so that has come to be accepted as another definition of curvy. However, they are at greater risk ofheart disease and diabetes than women with an hour-glass figure. The following are a couple of web sites regarding WHR that you may find interesting:
http://dothejanefonda.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/hip-to-waist-ratio-vs-bmi-whos-hotter/
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/waist-to-hip-ratio-calculator/
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/13/earlyshow/health/main3493928.shtml?source=RSSattr=Health_3493928
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >