Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 envy13
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Curvy Vs SlimPage 4 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
marilyn monroe was actually a size 16
 motherof1lookin4fun
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/27/2008 11:13:13 AM
I love what you said. It is so true. I have found over the years that I am a lot less self-concious. I think when we get past the age of 24, and we've sort of discovered who we are by living and being apart of the real world (not mom and dads' place) we tend to not care. I lived in a really awesome place called Ocracoke Island. It's in NC on the outerbanks. Our policy was as long as you got a tan you look good. So keep being true to you and love yourself, so many others will then follow suit.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 295
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/27/2008 3:53:15 PM
I think some of us can be both. The way I am built, I will always have curves no matter how thin I get. I'll have the luxury even if I can get to a size 2 (which I plan on trying to do). I used to hate that, but the older I get, the more I appreciate it as part of what makes me all "woman". It means I can go nuts working out and not worry that I'll lose my shape.
 phoenix.rising
Msg: 297
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:17:33 PM
This thread has been eye opening. Honestly, I have been listed as a BBW but then men meet me and say that I am more on the "a few extra pounds" side. I never know what to put. We need an option for "luscious"

That said, I have been told by those who would be totally honest with me even if it hurt my feelings that I carry my weight well. So, a few extra pounds it is but don't expect a small woman because I am not.

I am 5'6 and a size 18 - I have the large goods up top and the hips and butt - the waist is on the smaller side. If I had to get a pair of pants to fit in my waist i would be more of a 16. The only good thing about the weight gain in the past year or so is that now I have BOOBS! LOL
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 298
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:58:52 PM

I personally think slim is good(think keira knigthly) and also the curvy Marayln Monroe shape too....

Guys love curves on a slender body. It's also about the body as a whole and the symmetry and how they carry their weight. Guys love curves on a woman who isn't fat. That's basically the bottom line. You can't substitute "fat" with "curvy". Curvy, properly used, means the woman isn't visually overweight by much significance, and has curves in the right places.

When it comes to CK model vs Playboy model -- guys prefer playboy models. Playboy doesn't have stick-thin figures. Playboy models have curves; CK models don't. Neither have noticeably overweight women (but guys can still dig overweight women with the right ingredients).
 phoenix.rising
Msg: 303
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/28/2008 9:20:48 AM

I think you are completely wrong (in my own opinion)...I am a "curvy" woman...No, I would not say that I am obese..I would say that I do not believe in Replacing meals with a shake that tastes disgusting just to please males. When why cant you have nice breasts, Big bum and great hips (hour-glass figre), yet still be healthy?

...I believe that it is all about the way that the woman presents herself...I believe that I have great curves and look georgous...which is what other people see too...

Exactly!
 Smitty828282
Msg: 305
I wanted to make this into a New Thread...
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:33:19 AM
The descriptions are used because no 2 people are the same.

You could have 2 women stand side by side, the same height and the same weight, but one of them might look fat while the other looks curvy. Everyone is at a different fitness level which affects the way your body looks. Some women look absolutely fantastic with an extra 20 lbs because the extra weight goes to the right places, while another woman has that weight go straight to the gut instead of the boobs/hips/butt.

It works the same for guys too... I tend to compare myself to the UFC fighters when I see them (since they give you their stats, height/weight etc). So when I see a guy in the UFC who is the same height as me (6'3") then I compare our weights and how each of us looks respectively. I've weighed as much as 205 lbs which happens to be exactly what Forrest Griffin weighs, and he's also 6'3" but we look totally different with our shirts off... same stats but a totally different look.

Lets be honest though, if nobody cared what other people thought none of us would be here right now. I think where the problems start is when people hit the stage of "obesity" and try to say they are perfectly happy with themselves, which is usually just a huge case of denial. They've admitted defeat, they think they can't win the battle of the bulge so they start trying to fool themselves into being happy with their current condition. Most of these people also sit at home and look at beautiful people in magazines and wish they could be one or be with one of them.

Being obese is unhealthy, not just unattractive, and that's a huge issue for a lot of people... we want to be with someone who's actually going to stick around and not kick off from a heart attack or a clogged artery 10 years from now. It's one thing to be proud of some curves in the right places but being obese is nothing to be proud of, it's unhealthy and coincidentally costs the health care system billions of dollars per year because of all the associated health risks of being obese. I know some people are gonna get upset but the sooner you face reality the better... people aren't prejudiced against obese people simply because they are obese (although some insensitive a$$holes do), but because they are incredibly unhealthy.
 totum_spirit
Msg: 308
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/28/2008 7:57:11 PM
That is kinda true what motherof1lookin4fun said. I had a woman tell me that one time and I have to agree with her. Now this woman was a little on the cury side about to tip the scales over to the next level after curvy but she was right. She said "tan fat looks much better than white fat"!!! Damn if she wasn't correct...with her tan she looked pretty good. This works for guys also...got a tan you look healthier more lively. Any comments from the females?
 totum_spirit
Msg: 309
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 1/28/2008 8:01:21 PM
OK cq789...you are blonde...what you wrote is...like...WTF??? Is this in blonde code or something???
 fixitfred
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/5/2008 3:55:04 PM
The description catagory means nothing because it has no precise definition.
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 316
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/5/2008 4:09:24 PM
I am not curvy but full out BBW, but with curves. Not sure what the difference is other than the fact I have an hourglass. Its just a bigger one.... I don't deny it and have BBW proudly up on my profile. Why lie about it when you will meet me face to face. I certainly don't hide it.

Plus, with tatas this size... gotta figure there is junk in the trunk to match the bumpers!
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 320
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/6/2008 6:01:55 AM
Yes Curvydee I would agree you are CURVY. And beautiful I might add. I am bisexual and you are exactly what attracts me. A feminine, womanly shape and a lovely face... with a confidence so many women these days lack.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 321
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/6/2008 6:29:19 AM

if a woman could wake up and be any size for a day...what would that be.

I like size 4, I worked to get it tho. So I wouldn't change anything. : )
 that sam i am
Msg: 322
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:28:30 AM

why doesnt this site have an option for curvy?? its either average or a few extra pounds... it should have curvy as an option, i dont find myself to be a few pounds extra, but i do have curves... this frusterates me..

Just post a full body picture and let the viewer decide for himself.
 want to travel
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/6/2008 10:40:00 AM
i choose both, curvy or slim, it really all amounts to personality,and wether or not your compatible,but i must admit, skinny is not so appealing
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 327
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/6/2008 12:03:24 PM
I prefer curvy. Keira Knightly is way too skinny for me but in the end it depends on the person. I've dated some pretty skinny women and I've dated some Curvy/Thick women.

I prefer Curvy but again, it depends on the individual.
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 330
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/6/2008 3:47:47 PM
Most welcome Dee.... anytime! Planning a trip to UK in the next 6 months, hope to see pretty people like you there.
 fixitfred
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/9/2008 12:20:37 PM
If given a choice of extremes I would go with the slimest(fit) over the curvyest(fat). When women say thery're average it really means they are fat because sadly that is the average size. When a woman's belly is bigger than her boobs, c'mon now.

No wait, I change my mind, I like curvy, high bp, diabeties, heart problems.
 fixitfred
Msg: 352
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/9/2008 5:52:50 PM
I had a bad boy time out for commenting on others instead of on the topic. Instead of reporting violaters I will just ignore them. I know some people are so unloved they just want attention and even negative attention is better than no attenti0n. Sad really.
 fixitfred
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/10/2008 4:06:38 PM
I guess you can edit your post for a certain length of time so let me addon to my previous post... I never said I was slim and trim my six pack abs are long gone. My description of myself as having a few extra pounds is realistic because I have a belly. I'm not delusional to beleive I am fit or average as many women think they are even though they are fatter than me. I do not have man boobs and my chest is still larger than my belly. Just because I am fat doesn't mean if I want a thin gal I am a hypocrite.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 360
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/12/2008 10:11:43 AM
I myself have always been a big fan of curves... but at the same time there a times where I find the so called " model" type girl attractive as well. I guess it all boiles down the individual and how they carry themself. But yeah most of the time Ima go with the curvy girl your Beyonce, J- LO's , over the Taira Reeds or Natalie Portman... Curvs are very sexy as long as its in the right areas..
 orchidtigress
Msg: 365
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/12/2008 10:49:14 PM
I think it all depends on where you have the curves and how you use them....as well as how comfortable you are in your own body.....
 jaguar0163
Msg: 370
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/16/2008 6:42:03 PM
How many threads are about this subject? I will give my opion on this again though it is a good subject for me. Yes, yes and yes !!! I think that it has to do with the amount of curves and slim. I just really like the female body from the curvey to the very slim I'm not much on the status quoe however I really cute apple butt or heart shaped butt on a woman is a great thing god has given us to admire!!!!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 373
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 3/5/2008 2:39:43 PM
IF I can hold her, and still lock my wrist with my hands that would be "GOOD"
IF we were to kiss, neither one has to stretch up or down, "BETTER"
IF she has a caring and heart "WONDERFUL"
IF she had a great personality, "PERFECT"

"H E A V EN"
Well that would be another list..
 fixitfred
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/19/2008 4:45:04 PM

Im somewhat slim but curvy with little pockets of fat around my belly - sorry to those of you males who are cringing right now but forgive me for not being perfect. I also have great boobs and legs so that's what I focus on.....you can't have it all!
Can't tell you need pics of your bod for me to tell but if it accurately like you describe sounds like the best of both worlds.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >