Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 msudeere
Msg: 367
Curvy Vs SlimPage 5 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Your more than welcome cutiepiems ... have a happy Valentines Day !!!
 jaguar0163
Msg: 370
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 2/16/2008 6:42:03 PM
How many threads are about this subject? I will give my opion on this again though it is a good subject for me. Yes, yes and yes !!! I think that it has to do with the amount of curves and slim. I just really like the female body from the curvey to the very slim I'm not much on the status quoe however I really cute apple butt or heart shaped butt on a woman is a great thing god has given us to admire!!!!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 373
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 3/5/2008 2:39:43 PM
IF I can hold her, and still lock my wrist with my hands that would be "GOOD"
IF we were to kiss, neither one has to stretch up or down, "BETTER"
IF she has a caring and heart "WONDERFUL"
IF she had a great personality, "PERFECT"

"H E A V EN"
Well that would be another list..
 fixitfred
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/19/2008 4:45:04 PM

Im somewhat slim but curvy with little pockets of fat around my belly - sorry to those of you males who are cringing right now but forgive me for not being perfect. I also have great boobs and legs so that's what I focus on.....you can't have it all!
Can't tell you need pics of your bod for me to tell but if it accurately like you describe sounds like the best of both worlds.
 itechman63
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/20/2008 7:38:13 AM
To me curvy or voluptuous seems to be more feminine and attractive.
 itechman63
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/20/2008 9:19:04 AM
Well put Stray.
 fancynanci
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/20/2008 5:24:24 PM
Men still love curves. I have dangerous curves and I never get complaints.
 *buzz*
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/21/2008 8:46:43 AM
Men like to fill their hands
 rdcnorm
Msg: 387
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/21/2008 9:05:12 AM

Men like to fill their hands

with what might I ask??? me,, I would rather glide gently and explore,
 rdcnorm
Msg: 389
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/21/2008 10:17:28 AM

That was just perfect - rdcnorm!....Now just how long are your arms?

for the right woman,, all is possible,,
 heaight
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/21/2008 11:25:32 AM
i like a thin girl with curves, and not too toned though
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 393
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:13:59 PM
Hmm . . . I think when men say they like curves, they mean boobs, not hanging fat.
 SandyB1957
Msg: 395
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/21/2008 4:00:19 PM
I use to be a 2 &4 now im a 6 sure do hope I dont go for the size 8 next....... I enjoyed being a size 2 and 4 .........lol
 hells_fire_angelgirl
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 7:00:53 AM
To be honest I been both skinny and curvy and chunky and curvy . Either way its been an adventure for me men seem to be more compelling to come up to me now that I am cuvry and chunky rather then when I was skinny like they would break me or something. Only a few would ever come up too me and start a converstation, while now most men look at me and well hate to say this but lick their lips like they are gonna chomp down a prime peice of steak ..............LOL. But seriously most men I found is that they enjoy a lil more cushion so either parties dont get bruised up or broken something in the process of theur enjoyment.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 400
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 10:20:47 AM

There is a beautiful fit human being inside of everyone of us. We should be striving for that - curvy, skinny, whatever.

The NATURAL, HEALTHY look is always beautiful. (One of the reasons I have issues with tats, implants, etc)

I agree with this also. Being and looking healthy is key - whatever weight our body is at it's best. It's all different depending on the person.

I don't like men rail thin, overly muscular or overweight - to me thin and toned is good - but everyone likes something different.

Bottom line, tho is what makes you happy, and then finding someone who likes you as you are.
 wbishop
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 12:36:41 PM
I think we get to caught up in our judgements about what people should and shouldnt look like. We all decide what our "type" is and limit ourselves. "that guy is nice but he is not my type, too short, too tall, too skinny etc." and we miss out on something that could be great over a superficial snap judgement.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 402
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 1:08:39 PM
I don't think we are judging people, what we are doing is trying to fulfill what we want, and there is nothing wrong with the other person,, they just may not fit into our type,, think of it this way,, I'm an electrician,, looking for a qualified electrician,, a plumber shows up for the job interview,, nothing wrong with this person,, other than,, that is not the person I need...If I run across a plumbing job and he is good,, I may hire him..
 nameunknown
Msg: 404
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 3:27:22 PM
[ I have noticed, a few references to Marilyn Monroe, Marilyn at her biggest, which was around the same time she was at her most famous, was a size 16. when she died she was a size 14. ]

Yes but lets not forget that how clothes are sized today is very different. Marilyn Monroe was at onetime a size 16 but nowadays that is a size 8. I have the exact same measurements as my mom did when she was my age and her clothes were never smaller than a size 3. Nowadays that could be anywhere between a 2-00.
Julia Roberts has pretty much always been the same size. when she did Pretty woman her wardrobe was a size 6. now it's a size 2.
 catman40
Msg: 407
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 4:36:14 PM
I have yet to meet a fatty . 90% CLAIM they are fat when they really are not . it's how men have seen them . NOW if , she was 300 . 6'1 then yes . BUT don't know any like that . you say your 200 . show me where the fat is . her stomanch . Like a guy really cares about that .
 dportrait
Msg: 412
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/22/2008 10:45:43 PM
I like curves... and am not too fussed about the size of the curves lol

The only body shape Im not keen on in ladies is the straight up and down figure that could be mistaken for a young boy....

Voluptuous - yes please
 fixitfred
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/23/2008 11:39:11 AM
Every once and a while a girl with brilliant observations makes a comment in the forum instead of the mindless gibberish I have come to expect on here.:

I'm a mixture of slim, curvy & athletic, so where do I fit into this 'size' game?! I have a waist, I'm athletic an I have a small frame.
The description "PERFECT" comes to mind.

No complaints from past partners, lovers or boyfriends or even my exhusband as far as my shape is concerned
I hear this a lot and when I do I immediatly ignore the comment for a multitude of reasons. the main reason comes in the follow up statement.

[if they didn't like my shape they didn't say anything].
I feel most men in certain situations know better than to say anything invalidating the original statement but this statement shows intelligence and insight and in her case they wouldn't have much to complain about except maybe why are you wearing those clothes and making all those guys stare at you.

As long as a lady is healthy, the rest doesn't matter from the guys I know. It's about preference in the end, but, healthy wins out.
Healthy is the key and is the most important. Many curvy (fat) girls think they're healthy but they are not and they really need to loose that weight. I thought I was okay with mostly belly fat but the latest studies suggest that also increases risk for cancer, diabetes, cardiac problem, etc. Still looking for a lady to workout with doing more than bumping uglies.

Okay now on to the next but not sure where she is coming from.

The ones with a full head of grey say their hair is black
I need to know if you color your hair? I'm proud of my greying FULL head of hair. I could easily dye it like many of you woman do. At mt age I try not to complain about how thick it is and how often I need to cut it.

and I've never met a man yet that hasn't added a few inches onto his height if he is 5'9" or less.
I say I'm 6' but may actually be 5-11 1/2.
 hells_fire_angelgirl
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/23/2008 4:28:16 PM
Well friendly guy I am one of those curvy gals regardless if I am carrying a lil extra something around my middle or bone skinny I if you havent noticed is slighty blessed in the well endowment dept. and its a little bit easier too have something extra too help balance it all out or I be walking kinda funny no matter how strong of a backside I may have.And again in your opinion it may be unhealthy but I rather be slightly chunky then falling becuase I cant seem to keep a balance with my over ambundance of GOD'S LIL SENSE OF HUMOR .
 simplicity42
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/23/2008 6:04:44 PM
This topic is "SO" worn out.... To each his own... I'm very curvy and get alot of attention from men who normally wouldn't be attracted to a women my size..

So, it depends on the person and what they are attracted to...
 fixitfred
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/28/2008 7:43:20 PM

hmm Anne hathaway comes to mind

Couldn't you come up with a better example? I consider her skinny which is what I prefer. In "devil.." wasn't she like a size 4 or 6 and Streep told her she was too big, in the movie.
 Fluff_wi
Msg: 427
Curvy Vs Slim
Posted: 4/28/2008 11:52:10 PM
Curvy vs Slim. Here is goes again . Rump Roast vs Standing Rib.

I have been stick thin in the past due to chemo and I thought I looked pretty damn hot. Oooh those spindley legs, the sharp cheekbones, the razor-like hipbones. And not to mention being able to buy my bras in the Junior Miss section of any department store. Truthfully? I looked like sh*t.
Now? As the self professed queen of the Chubby Bunnies, I am pretty happy with myself. I am voluptuous. I have boobs, butt, thighs. I am not concerned about sucking in my stomach while making love. I am more concerned with pleasure. I am not afraid to order a creamy salad dressing. And yes, I use sugar in my CuppaJoe in the morning. I won't use the usual blah blah term of 'Oh I have never had any complaints' thing. Who cares? What you are on the outside is only the candy coating of whats inside.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >