Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Karrpilot
Msg: 3
view profile
History
too involved with pets?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yes, there are people like that. And also people that HAVE to be home to see whatever game is on the T.V. Not me. Luckily most of the women i have dated in the past either had no pets or just a cat. One cat i can deal with. I have one myself. But one woman i met for lunch had 4 cats and one dog. Let us just say after lunch, that was it. I can and have gone away for a weekend on business. Just gave the keys to the neighbor, and had him deal with my satanic cat. No problem.
 sweetsexysingle
Msg: 4
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/13/2007 5:42:45 PM
People who love their pets are usually people who have big hearts remember that.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 5
view profile
History
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/13/2007 6:28:03 PM
They might have big hearts, but they need something more. It is called a LIFE. It will be a cold day in before i make plans revolving around a animal. I have a cat. A meaning one. When i go away for a week or weekend, which is not all that often, i find someone to check up on him. I can not leave a big bowl of food out for him. If i do, he will graze it all in one sitting. Which is why he is 15 lbs. This has worked for me for 9 years so far. Unfortuneately, i think i might be cursed with him for another 9 years.
 whitewater4x4
Msg: 6
view profile
History
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/13/2007 6:41:06 PM
My last "girlfriend" had a horse and a dog . It did bother me the way our schedule had to revolve around the pets ( I mean the horse too since she never rode him) . I figured that they were just part of the package though . Kind of like dating someone that takes chemo or is in a wheelchair just another part of that other person.
 ADKSTARGAZER
Msg: 10
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/13/2007 7:08:27 PM
My 128 pound German Shepherd and I are a package....thats the way it is.
 Sean70
Msg: 12
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/13/2007 7:25:25 PM
My dog quite literally saved my daughters life from another dog trying to maul her. It will be a cold day in hell before i let anything happen to that dog. The people that play too much with their animals as you say.... well they have been single and have had only the animals for companionship so of course they treat them well. Takes a while to turn your full attention on something else when when you havent had it there all the time. I have a dog and a cat and they both are waiting for me at the door when i get home. I have had these animals for 5 years. They come with me. I dont just throw them in the ditch somewhere because a woman is jealous about me having animals. But, if i want to cuddle on the couch with someone special.... I dont give a damn if its the dogs spot or not. The damn dog can lay on the floor. But I will NEVER get rid of my animals.
 betterlate
Msg: 17
view profile
History
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 5:48:31 AM
They are just jealous... My dog is very important to me. People can learn how to love from dogs. They love with all of their heart, dont hold grudges, are totally loyal, honest, and affectionate. I cut things short because the dog has to go out, If I was really interested, or facinated, I would invite them to come along to let him out, or o home , let him out then go back. It really sounds like they are using the pet as a reason not do do things with you. I sense resentment about the closeness... Dogs and cats are lovely animals and can become a member of the family, they deserve the best care, to go on trips and errands, to have the attention and love, go for walks... I cant see how anyone could say that someone is "too involved" with their pets. It is just proper care. Think about this... if they take that good care of the pet they "LOVE", then when they love you, they will take that good care of you and your relationship.

Dogs are great.
BL
 nebula22
Msg: 18
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 6:09:32 AM
Op,,,, I HEAR YA....
I refuse to get into a relationship with anyone that has a problem like that..
They can marry their animals for all I care but don't try to drag me into that insane life.
I have always loved animals and can get along with wild animals. Even the dangerous ones..
But my life is MINE and I refuse to have my life dictated by an animal or a **** for a wife..
Funny isn't it.. Female dogs are ****es...
 cowtrucker
Msg: 19
view profile
History
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 8:02:13 AM
My pets are part of my life, my job, and my future. There's times when I can't be away because I have to feed, water, care for, or nurse one of my animals... As for my Dogs? Sometimes they are inside, usually one at a time, they do Not get on the furniture, and if I know the weather is going to be too hot, then they do not go in the truck. My dogs are the least of my worries.

I have Livestock... It's my job, and my hobby. Because of the horses or the cows, there are times when I can't stay somewhere, have to be home every 3-4 hours, or can't go anywhere at all. (Calving season.) So, I guess in your eyes, that makes me a bad person?

It's true, there Are people obsessed with their pets, but after a while, a person who's single, looks for companionship in their pets. Sometimes, that un-conditional love one finds in their pets, is often more trusting and more true, than what they find in most people these days.

As for people that think someone's dog, cat, ferret, fish, etc is hampering their relationship? My suggestion? Either like it, live with it, or don't.... Theres no reason why pets can't be included with activities as well. If you don't like them because they get up at 6am to walk fido? Then perhaps you should have thought about that in the beginning, not in the middle of the relationship, where now you realize you don't like it, and want them to stop...

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 rsx11s
Msg: 20
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 8:31:15 AM
Dont look at me I keep tropical fish. Don't worry ladies, they're cheap and can take care of themselves. Anything happens to them 3 for a dollar and you have new ones.
 Doxiegirl
Msg: 25
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:04:42 AM
Karrpilot replies that pet owners need to get a life??? Who is he to say our lives are not complete without our pets? My dog has made me a better person. He reminds me everyday what unconditional love is, that is more than what any man outside from my own dad has shown me. He needs to rethink about the importance of our priorities to our pets and if not to quit passing judgement.

Yes having a dependent animal requires adjustments and patience in a relationship as I too would have to arrange a weekend trip ahead of time so that my parents could watch him, my dog. They are out of town and they are the only people I trust with my precious four legged child. Well meaning friends and neighbours I have observed have committed careless acts with their own pets, such as leaving a front door open and out the animal goes, one getting lost, which I later found. My family uses the same protective precautions I use and they are with whom I am comfortable leaving my boy to ....his grandparents.

Men who don't understand this are probably not the right ones for me anyhow, probably the same guys with two kids on the weekend that would expect a woman to rearrange her life for.
 iheartsushi
Msg: 27
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:36:53 AM
I love my cats but I don't want to be a crazy cat lady. Some people are mental like that. My cats are my lil darlings but my life does not revolve around them.
if I start licking my arm and purring will someone slap me?
thanks
 untamed one
Msg: 32
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 3:05:53 PM
As long as the woman is not having sex with it , it's cool .... and I suppose it goes for everything be it man , woman , child , animal or vegetable ..
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 33
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 3:44:21 PM
What gets me is if you love me you must love my pet, funny thing i didnt ask the pet out maybe next time i will and just bring a bone for the pets master.
 irishgit
Msg: 34
view profile
History
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 3:49:26 PM
If I'm reading correctly, the OP was talking about extreme cases, not the normal, average pet-lover.

I don't have pets right now, but have had, and understand the feelings of people who enjoy them and their company.

But theres a clear distinction between enjoying your pet and obsessing over it. Obsession about anything isn't usually the sign of a healthy mind.

And as a sidebar, I have a personal 4 cat rule. In that I will not get involved with a woman who keeps more than 4 cats, unless they own an animal shelter or a farm.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 35
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 4:03:09 PM

where's michael vick for his perspective??
 sarasincda
Msg: 36
view profile
History
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/14/2007 4:11:52 PM
My two children are my life, yes, they have 4 legs & a tail, children none the less.

Yes, they dictate how I live & means many restrictions on where I go & how long I am gone, they have needs, same as humans. Food, potty time, exercise, baths, hair cuts. Mostly, they need love.

My two 10 yr old Shih Tzu's, never left my side thru the worse time of my life, I will always be there for them, after all, unlike most men, pets will love you no matter what with total unconditional love

I have no dought, that when I meet my true love, he will love all animals as much as I do, & have no problem excepting my two as part of the package.
 funlovingman07
Msg: 44
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/20/2007 3:39:39 PM
i have 3 dogs that i love very much
my little one i take motorcycle riding(she loves it)
but as for them running my life(its not going to happen)
my dogs can take care of them selfs for a few days
as long as i give them lots of food and wates there happy
 chrylann
Msg: 48
view profile
History
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:29:00 PM
I prefer a man who loves his pet.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 53
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/21/2007 9:27:39 AM
People...if you don't like animals, find OTHER people who don't like animals. Bingo! A Match!

If you like them but think they are only utilitarian, find someone WHO THINKS THE SAME AS YOU...what a concept!

If you love em, don't date anyone who doesn't love em!

Fabulous! Problem solved. Now pet owners can relax about having to give up an animal for someone that just came along. Non-pet owners can relax about someone bringing a pet around. Allergic people can keep the drugs to a minimum. It's so simple it's almost stupid.

How can these threads actually keep going when it's that easy?
 SparkintheDark
Msg: 58
too involved with pets?
Posted: 12/24/2007 9:18:31 AM
"Having pets is a big responsibility. I wouldn't want to date someone who had a dog, yet never bothered to take care of it or spend anytime with it. Perhaps you shouldn't date people with pets?"

I couldn't agree more. Pets are living creatures. They require time, care and active responsibility.

And ... I am a HUGE animal lover. Two beautiful dogs in my life. If anyone has a problem with that, or, how good I am to them, they can keep right on walkin' ... step, step!
 straykat9
Msg: 59
too involved with pets?
Posted: 1/2/2008 1:10:40 PM
I am a big animal lover but if I say I have to get home to my pets it is usually because I am not that into the person I am with. There are arrangements you can make if you really want to. And trust me I always have had a life and continue to have a life, so to the guy that implied otherwise , if I were with you I too would need to rush home to my animals!
 straykat9
Msg: 60
too involved with pets?
Posted: 1/2/2008 1:18:39 PM
I also think the people who dump thier animals becasue they had a kid or it's just not convenient because it's too old are low lifes.
I am sure they will be dumped to a nursing home by thier kids when they are old or in the way. karma, wink:
 dogsinspace
Msg: 61
too involved with pets?
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:00:23 AM
To the world out there

Its a sad world when dogs and cats and budgies become more important than people. A dog is dog, when it suffers you PUT IT DOWN. Like the old days. I know a woman who expects all her friends to sit outside the coffee shop when she turn up with her DOG that can't stay at home like other DOGS do (how sad) and she is so selfish that she expects all her friends to revolve around her DOG. It's another example of how screwed up the value system of the world is when people rely on their pets more than people

Stuart
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >