Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnnyss
Msg: 84
When men get all GIRLIE.Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Women like A Holes! Simple!
 OutMind
Msg: 87
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:51:34 PM

Take Charge! Be the man in the relationship. We want to feel like we are taken care of, not the other way around!!!

I hear you.

Now can you get me another beer.
 OutMind
Msg: 89
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:34:07 PM

Women are manipulative. They learn from a young age to play men to get what they want. Initially girls practice on daddy by being his little princess.

Damn. So that is the game my GF 4 year old girl is pulling on me?
 OutMind
Msg: 90
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/20/2007 7:51:40 PM

I can see both sides and just think this is another example of how men have to walk a very undefined line of emotional balance to please the woman. If I am too nice, I am spineless. If I try to have my own opinion and voice it, then I am selfish and controlling.

Women want their cake and eat it too, and we have to walk a balance beam and hope we are expressing ourselves in just the right manner that pleases this particular woman.

I have an answer to your dilemma. Be a consistent a$swho!e. I have my opinions, I have my ways. I even have a gf that I tell on occasion to go fvck herself. But women will push and keep pushing, it is their nature.
 OutMind
Msg: 91
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/20/2007 8:02:02 PM

For an alpha male, decisions about what foreign restaurant to go to, or whether he prefers the blue dress or the green one, are completely beneath his notice. He’s a CEO and you’re a mail clerk asking if he wants his envelopes printed in blue or black ink. He does not give a damn.

So wrong. Dude. Power emanates from below not above. Power is nothing without the troops. So the Alpha male listen to his men and women.
 redbeard2
Msg: 92
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/20/2007 8:47:30 PM
They probably get that way because they've been involved with women who basically want a faithful puppy dog for a lover. Such women get teary and difficult when a man turns out to be a man. The more women of this kind a man's been involved with--and they're out there, believe me--the more a man might get the idea that they're all that way.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 93
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 6:29:08 AM

Would ALL the alpha males in the house....please stand up.
There are NO alpha males "in the house" Ggirl. THEY have nothing to prove here arguing with those who haven't got a clue!
 OutMind
Msg: 95
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 12:22:50 PM
The whole "alpha male" thing is just stupid someone who takes charge someone who is a leader someone who has an answer for everything, someone who's this, someone who's that, blah blah blah ladies such a man only exsists in hollywood movies. Or maybe on the cover of some romance novel.

Totally disagree. Alpha males abound and they don't have to be leaders of corporations, they could be maverik types that are more comfortable owning a surf shop or doing their own thing. Being an alpha male is a take charge attitude, not to dominate others but to bring out of others what is best in them. It is an attitude that does not accept ever being the victim, why because there will be some kicking and screaming and in the end would say. I gave it all I got.

I work with such people, I play with such people, I compete with such people. And to be one all you have to do is say the magic word:

I WANT

You may not GET, but in the process, you gave it all you could, had a bawl trying to get it, and what you got was a hell of a lot better than at that moment before you decided to go get it.

Merry Christmas to you'all!
 Flavius_The _Destroyer
Msg: 97
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 12:52:41 PM
This is the 21st century, the age of equality! If the genders are truly equal, then how can you say that a man is somehow less than a man if he exhibits traits commonly thought of as female?

This would mean that women are not equal, since the term "girle" is used in associatation with a negative sterotype.

WTF????????
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 99
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 1:01:25 PM

If the genders are truly equal, then how can you say that a man is somehow less than a man if he exhibits traits commonly thought of as female?
Gosh, I dunno.....let's compare here.......a pound of feathers and a pound of lead? Equal? Uh huh. SAME??? SAME?????? No, different.
 OutMind
Msg: 104
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 1:48:27 PM
"Alpha males" when in reality an alpha male is a dominator and in many cases a destructive invidual who is only interested in his own interests and no one else's Technically Serial killers and murderers could be deemed as "alpha males"

I don't know in what box of cereal you read the definition of an alpha male. What you think is an alpha male is a creature that sooner or later will end up at the pen.

If you read and if you even try to learn how not to be a conformist victim. You will perhaps learn that alpha males these days don't go around walking like John Wayne shooting every body. They are climbing Mount Everest, they are Biking, cycling, doing stuff. They are the Steve Jobs of the world. They are thinking new companies, are being part of companies that try to make something.

What does this even mean? So you try at something and failed and instead of evaluating why you failed so you can do better next time me you sitback and think

If you are going to take what I say out of context at least give it the correct meaning. You give it your all, that's what it means. Yes if you fail, you learn, you get up, try a different route. But you don't go around, well, we could have done this or that. Excuse, excuse, excuse. You do it.

And no, you are not ready to understand the simple statement that is "I WANT". It means I want that, or a want this car, or I want that type of woman, or I want this type of life. The problem with half the people in this place is that they don't point and they don't think of what they want or may be able to have. The thing is that you first have to think it. You first have to say that is what I want and I am going to go get it.
 Kayaker45
Msg: 107
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 3:57:22 PM
There's somebody for everybody out there......if you don't like "girlie men" then don't date them! That simple. I personally am not confined to my proper "gender". I enjoy the challenge of a steep hill, a fast river. I enjoy bang 'em up, high tech movies. Things that in other words are masculine. Doesn't seem to distract from the fact that I'm all woman. A man with a softer side can show me some things that I am missing in my life. A man with a soft kiss, a tender touch......what a wonderful change of pace!
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 108
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:37:36 PM
Ohhhhh People......7 pages and you STILL SOOOOOO do NOT get it!

If you are like most men out there, you probably have no idea what makes those headstrong, powerful and intelligent career women "tick". I am referring to those women you see in power suits, managing a company or running her own, who seem completely invincible and on top of the world. These women know what they want in life and they do not stop until they get it. They are fast talkers, they can close a deal with a simple wink of the eye, they can make a male subordinate cry with the slightest of disappointed looks and they will never settle for anything less than perfect sexual equality. Furthermore, I think we can all agree that these are the sexiest women out there. Men just love to imagine what they have on underneath those designer suits.

The common train of thought and logic would lead you to assume that these women are just as domineering in the bedroom behind closed doors. Generally speaking, this is actually the furthest thing from the truth. Every person out there is different with regards to their personality in life and what turns them on after hours, and there will be many variations and deviances from the norm. However, most of the fierce and passionate women in the workforce love nothing more than to come home and be completely subjugated and ravaged by a very strong and masculine man.

In all sexual relationships there must be a dominant and a submissive. Two dominants or two submissives can get together and have magnificent sexual experiences, but there will be a certain something lacking emotionally. Each one will feel less psychologically satisfied because they will not be able to express their dominant or submissive traits quite a comfortably as they should. Pop culture tends to assume that people who are submissive during sex are doing so because this is how they want to be perceived in life, they want to be dominated. Even old psychology books will back up this old principle. Fortunately, the psychology of arousal and the logic that lies behind fantasies and the roles we play during lovemaking has been virtually rewritten by Dr. Michael J. Bader, the leading psychoanalyst in this delicious area of expertise. To really sum up his new theories in a very rough manner, our sexual desires are almost the opposite of who we are in normal everyday life scenarios. His theories are applied to every sexual thought, idea and fantasy and not just dominant and subordinate behaviors. His new book made me quite hungry with dirty little thoughts.

A dominant women enjoys being submissive in bed because she is able to achieve stimulation. It is impossible to feel any kind of guilt, worry, or anxiety and become sexually aroused at the same time. Professional career women very often feel like they are too overbearing towards men, too controlling and too dominant. That causes a certain level of stress. This stress is completely alleviated by becoming the submissive during intercourse thereby allowing her to achieve stimulation. These and other new brilliant revelations have created a paradigm shift in the psychology of sex. And I think it is divine to have an in depth understanding of what makes the other person scream with hot blooded delight.

Of course, every individual will have a specific dirty little secret which turns them on and no two women are the same. This article applies to many strong business women, but not all. It becomes important to discuss what makes you turned on with your lover or find a reciprocal partner. But now many of you men know our dirty little secret. If you are the type of man who enjoys a dominant woman, the same logic applies to the quiet little librarian with the cat eyeglasses on. She just might be a dom-femme complete with a torture chamber in her home where she can break her male slaves. And don't forget ladies …… this same idea applies to men!

NOW....GOT IT????
 fancynanci
Msg: 109
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:45:11 PM
The men I date aren't girlie at all. They're manly men.
 OutMind
Msg: 110
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 7:59:56 PM

Well it looks like she accused me of being gay in german. Honestly?

So now you are gay. But only in german? Hehehe. So become a lesbian. Better yet, bring the lesbian inside you out!!!
 OutMind
Msg: 114
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 10:19:51 PM

I was dating a great guy for the last 2 months, but he sacrificed his own true feelings just so that I would be happy. I couldn't take it anymore. THe 'yes dear' type responses drove me crazy, so I had to let him go.

I need a man. A real man.

Ha.

I don't think you know what a real man is.

Good luck on your search.
 Born2bewild62
Msg: 115
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/21/2007 10:29:35 PM
Ggirl?
Hope she's not the one from the movie "My Ex-Super Girlfriend"!
This is a good one because bringing up both the issues of the Alpha male and feminism in the same thread allows the opportunity to expose the blatant hypocrisy of the latter!
Think about it- these old harpies have been going around for years carping about the evils of male dominance and social inequity. Yet even they want males who are high status and most have married upward- good example- Jane Fonda and Ted Turner. If gender and social equity were really important to feminists, then maybe Ms Fonda would have married a blue collar guy who makes less than $30,000 to help even out the income gap of American households. And then there's the phenomenon of Bill Clinton for whom quite a few feminists bent over backwards to defend as surely as many a girls I've known to appologise and make excuses for abusive deadbeat alcoholic husbands or boyfriends. Talk about the enabler!

And if that were not enough, there's this thing- almost a running joke about Al Gore. A couple years back one of the fems who was apparently backpedaling in the face of the revelation to the general populace that her ilk were also going for the Alpha male- she was going to give the former Vice Prez some coaching on how to become one. That's got to be a transformation that will be interesting to see.
Hipocrisy is so beautiful!
JF
 OutMind
Msg: 123
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/23/2007 1:02:15 PM

Like it or not ALPHAs must have leadership qualities, Macho men don't.

Thank you for your response, for a while I was beginning to think that this place is nothing but Omegas, or at best Betas. Or whatever they are, ASHAMED, of taking command. However, some dictionary may describe an ALPHA as an overbearing person, thus the common voice here is that is something bad. But like you said, the modern ALPHA male is not about being macho man, it's about leadership, and a key element of leadership, even though mocked here, is the ability to work as a team. And they are not just make of one personality type but several as you indicated.

1,VISIONERIES
2,COMMANDERS
3,STATEGISTS
4,EXECUTORS

REAL ALPHAs must LEAD by example, which means there are instances when there is NO time to think or debate, ONLY act. For that reason sometimes they pay the ultimate price.

The key to this is that you thrive on the serendipitous volatility of the moment, it's pure joy, even after paying the price, even after having the crashes, the falls, the tumbles. I think Vince Lonbardi said something like this "greatness, is what you do after you've fallen down."

So let's not confuse bully behavior with Alpha behavior. In fact, bully behavior, the one that screams and tells people what to do, is very low in the leadership latter. People like that are not true ALPHAS. The true alphas, inspires.

The interesting thing is that yesterday morning I woke up and the day was nasty and cold. Two of my riding buddies had bailed out because it was so cold. But I went ahead and did my bike ride. It began to drizzle in he way out. So instead of 80 miles I decided to just do 50. Then it got really windy. So I get to midpoint and head back. Then this thin guy catches up to me and comment on how the wind was nasty. Since now we are riding together we up the tempo. Turns out this guy used to compete semi-pro and had a broken collar bone two years ago. Now bear with me, there's a point to this. It took him a year of just swimming and running to kind of get back, so he is so happy to be now on a bike. I told him how I had two nasty crashes last year. Also broke my collar bone and that one took longer to recuperate because now when I descended mountains I was compelled to use my brakes. I asked him what he did for living, and he told me he was the Coordinating Manager for a big trucking company. I told him what I did, which can sound rather abstract to some people so I explained that for instance. I had spend part of last week getting a motivational speaker for our national conference and we had hone it down to one person. Then I told him, that even though this day was so nasty, cold and windy, still it was just awesome, so alive. He pointed his finger and said. You should take all your managers here, THAT will build character. I then said, when I train with a couple of my guys, we go all out. One time it was raining, the road was full of muck from pine needles and crap, and we got hit by sporadic ice. And just when we thought we were frozen, one would scream, Hey, we could as well be suffering in Belgium. We both laughed.

So my point. Alphas are not sociopath that go around bulling people. They are people that do. They do when they have to, the do when they do not have to, they thrive on adversity. You want to know who the Alphas are? Just say, It can't be done. The guy who says, Bu!!sh!t, I'll prove you wrong. That's the Alpha.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 126
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/23/2007 4:19:50 PM

Let's talk about what happens when a WOMAN is in love. She is willing to stand by the worst scam, give up her family, friends. She is deaf AND blind to the reality. She listens to NO one. There is NO logic or rational in her behavior. Pretty safe to say THERE IS NOBODY HOME. We are talking about being in love SPECIFICALLY and being in a relationship. So the whole “GIRLIE MAN” idea only comes up when the love is one sided.

Sorry.. but not true for all women.

I personally make it a point to love with my head AND heart. I can't stand by someone doing wrong JUST because I love them. If they admit their errors and work to correct them.. maybe I could. It's definitely not easy.. being in love and all.. but I can't sit idly by either.

Much as I might want love... I also want to be able to look in the mirror.
 Beholder
Msg: 127
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/23/2007 4:46:59 PM
This thread has become far too confusing for me - looks like no matter what "level" male you are, someone inevitably thinks you're unlikeable, lying or wrong.

I'm going to pick another Greek letter - can I be a Pi Male? I like Pi.

Mm, pie...
 Dracoa79
Msg: 132
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/24/2007 12:11:45 AM
OP: All I can really say on this topic is that love makes fools of even the best and brightest. But hey, now that the shoe is on the other foot, maybe now you'll be a little more sympathetic towards men, though I doubt it. Men have had to put up with "doormat", to use your term, woman since practically the dawn of time, or at least the dawn of human history. Women have almost always filled the role of the "Yes Women", submissively subjecting themselves to the wills of men. Maybe it's about time that women started acting like the strong women we all know they are. Maybe it's about time that women started earning being equals. And maybe, just maybe, these "doormat" men are on some sub-conscience level just giving you a taste of "your" own medicine, and oh what a bitter medicine it is.
 OutMind
Msg: 133
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/24/2007 8:03:22 AM

She's probably had a long series of emotionally/physically abusive realtionships. That's because she is psychologically unfit for healthy male/female realtionships dynamics. We can take full advantage of that, but only as players.

Very well said. What I've noticed is that women that were abused, they either become abusers themselves, or find another abuser. How does that happen? She goes and finds a nice guy, everything is going well and she test him with some little temper tantrum like the OP does. He responds by doing what she said. She devalues him, is bored moves to the next guy. She does that to several guys, until she find one that tells her to shut up and take her head out of her a$s. She gets mad at first, but realizes that this guy is not going to put up with her crap and she actually apologizes, but she will continue to taunt him, until he either gets rid of her, or he concedes to one of her demands. The sad part is that she will continue to go through guys because while most guys will not put up with this behavior and leave it at that, some, the one she is looking for, the abuser, when they find each other, they stick. Thus the pathology of this behavior starts all over again.
 OutMind
Msg: 136
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/24/2007 3:46:20 PM

It's good to read these threads because as men, we can recognize this odd psychological pattern and act accordingly.

Yeap. There's a plethora of good sh!t, from the ridiculous, to the mundane, to the unthinkable, to the profound.
 OutMind
Msg: 140
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/29/2007 3:06:11 PM

I like being an alpa male, I like the fact that being a man, is what I am. These women tho sit there and say why cant you express your feelings and then get offended when I tell them that im not gay. I express my feelings when I am around my kid, or shot. Other then that .......... lol

Dude, the irony of it is that the females are not complaining about the alpha males. It's the other males here who believe that being Alpha is being some overpowering abusive person that soon should be in jail, or a figment of Hollywood's imagination. Obviously they have not met, modern Alpha, who has evolved from the cave into a man that takes command of a situation, listens to what his troops, market, clients, customers, patients, friends and family think, but makes decisions on his own. But what'ta hell, you can't turn sheep into wolfs, you can't even turn them into good shepherd dogs. So like a famous advertising slogan said "If you don't surf. Don't start."

Heheheh. And ahh, they ain't going to get it either. Ha.
 so-bay guy
Msg: 142
view profile
History
When men get all GIRLIE.
Posted: 12/30/2007 12:39:14 PM
i stumbled on this forum when i was stoned, but i have to say this is some deep socratic-ass shit. from what i can tell there are guys on here who are desperate for sex and'll do anything to make sure their supply doesnt go back down to zero, and there are guys who dont look at sex as the most important thing when it comes to dealing with women. The whole alpha thing is kinda funny becuase of how much it bothers some of the guys on here probably due to some threat it poses to their masculinity, which they sacrificed long ago to some shrew in exchange for a crack at her crack
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >