Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 472
view profile
History
older women younger menPage 11 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
i just experienced the sweetest relationship i have ever experienced with a much younger guy. we were highly compatible in all ways and i have never felt so satisfied in all my life, but unfortuneatly things came up that made it so we couldn't keep having what we had.

it lasted a year and we are still friends, but tho he is intellectually very sophisticated, i realized thru time that he still has alot to learn and that those lessons, for some of us, can only come thru experience.
tho i agree with very green eyes that men in their 50's and up can be every bit and more immature than 20 somethings.
my point, i was highly satisfied in all ways. i wish it could've lasted.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 474
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/21/2007 10:10:24 PM
Younger men have always worked out better for me. So many men my age don't even have the urge to call up a lady not alone the energy to carry out the task of going out. It's like their butts are glued to that arm chair and the remote is permanently attached to their fingers. My theory was if they are playing hard to get it's working! So after being stood up several times by men my own age because home was just too comfortable for them, I ventured out dating younger guys even as much as 20 years younger.

I found the younger guys had more respect for me, appreciated me more, had more to talk about, were able to keep up physically with me and most importantly took the initiative to see more of me.

Personally I do feel the most comfortable with a man about 10 years younger but I am open to date men of any age. However men even a couple years younger than myself complain that I have the energy of a teenager and that it would take 3 young people to keep up with me. So that would explain why even most of my female friends are either younger than me or at the very least young at heart!
 dorysfleet
Msg: 479
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/24/2007 9:32:06 PM
I allways went for older guys, i just never got along to well with younger ones. BUT...since i turned 40 3/4 of the guys that get in touch with me are younger. Needless to say my opinion has changed a bit, not only for my ego's sake, but younger guys arent quite so set in their ways and still like to have fun.
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 480
older women younger men
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:29:48 AM

How do you feel about a sexual relationship between a younger man and an older woman?

I have no problem with it. I've been with a few women in their early 40's and they were as sexy and sensual as any of the younger women I've been with. Age is just a number. If you're attracted to someone it shouldn't matter.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 481
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:22:26 AM
^^^
yes, but could you ever fall in love with an older woman...? i mean, age is just a number, right?
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 483
older women younger men
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:59:26 PM
yes, but could you ever fall in love with an older woman...? i mean, age is just a number, right?

I could fall in love with an older woman, because age is just a number to me. I've dated women ranging from 21 to their mid 40's. I base everything on attraction and chemistry not age. The one real positive with an older woman is they've been around and know what they want, which isn't always the case with a much younger woman.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 484
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:33:55 PM
i am delighted to read that from you browneyed stallion.
i couldn't care less what any man's age is if it feels amazing mentally, physically,and spiritually.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 486
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/27/2007 9:38:46 AM
champ, you're really hung up on the sex trip with younger guys.
i've been with a fair amount of younger guys, and frankly i wasn't impressed sexually by most of them, however the last guy i was with was not only a mind blower in bed, but he was equally if not more mind blowing in every other way as well.
i had the best time with him no matter what we were doing.

it depends on the person!!!! and the chemistry of the two individuals!!
not the age
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 488
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/27/2007 10:01:20 AM
most women i know love sex, but it is not the MOST important thing to them in a relationship.
the times they are a changin' tho.
what do i know.
i only know me and what i like.
i like sex alot, but a relationship built on that only, rarely works.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 490
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/27/2007 11:31:24 AM
i still say it is more about chemistry.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 491
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/27/2007 11:31:39 AM
i still say it is more about chemistry.
 looking for love 2nd x
Msg: 493
older women younger men
Posted: 1/27/2007 12:53:47 PM
don't know if i would do it again.

I was 35 and he was a 28yr. old bull rider from Brazil, sex was good, conversations well you can't expect much from 30 something year olds so I guess I would have to say ok on that too. If I do get a younger man again he would have to be well into his 40's so I guess I would have to wait till I'm 50 something.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 499
older women younger men
Posted: 1/28/2007 10:52:08 AM
^^^^^^^Good GOD. Enough already.

~OT~ Simply put: Who gives a damn what someone else wants to do with their own private life???? If someone isn't into me, I move on. I don't care if he's 35 or 45 or 95. If someone professes a preference for younger men, great ~ go wild. If someone prefers older ~ perfect, it evens out in the end. There isn't some women-induced-conspiracy to XXXX out men of a certain age bracket. It's NOT directed at any one person...it's preference.
 NancyC123
Msg: 501
older women younger men
Posted: 1/31/2007 10:52:11 AM
I'm seconding what Champ said there^^^^!!!!!
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 503
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/31/2007 2:23:36 PM
how many times have you said the same thing now champ? 30...40...times...?

i suggest a change of the landscape in your head....(lots of ways to manifest that)...you'd be surprised what magic can happen with a more positive attitude about life.

bitterness is never attractive...no matter what it's about...no matter who is exuding it.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 505
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 1/31/2007 6:54:20 PM
i think we've all had our share of pain and rejection here.
i try hard and make the efforts needed to not let it get me down.
reading metaphysical books helps me alot....it remeinds me that life can be quite magical, even if it doesn't always go the way we want.
there is always something to be learned.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 506
older women younger men
Posted: 1/31/2007 7:10:56 PM
^^^ladyrcmt: I absolutely love your tenacity ~ but you are wasting your breath. Some people would rather blame someone else for their troubles. The reality is: If older women want younger men, that would be a prime opportunity for him to date a woman in her early 40s and still be "the younger man." But then there wouldn't be anything to complain about. JMO
 NancyC123
Msg: 508
older women younger men
Posted: 1/31/2007 7:44:38 PM
Hmmm...Champ is 38...I'm 42...I think he's cute (lives too far, but cute, nevertheless)...does this mean I'm after a "younger guy"? LOL...Oh, but wait...does this mean I'm too old for HIM?! Oh, what a wicked web we weave....lol
 Gabbychick
Msg: 509
older women younger men
Posted: 2/1/2007 7:50:38 AM
I would have to agree with you. I think it adds spice to life. Sometimes the younger guys are more sensual than ones around our age. They know how to have fun.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 510
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 2/1/2007 9:32:04 AM
verygreeneyez
thanks for noticing...
:)
i remember well you expressing a similar frustration with champ in a same subject, different thread months back...
i have enjoyed many of your posts as well.
good thing some us know how to have some fun.
i've got nothing against age differences in dating...but if we're looking for lasting love in a relationship...i think odds are better the closer in age people are.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 512
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 2/1/2007 6:22:34 PM
lots of people date other "out of their league" and from hat i see ..

it is all about attitude.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 513
older women younger men
Posted: 2/1/2007 7:08:32 PM

Ya GreenEyes has said things to me in the past, and see here is where she and others get it all misconstrued. Now I never have said it is any women's fault for my failures.
When one says that he is too old for someone, it is his fault, not hers. A preference is just that..a preference. If a person is out of someone's league, it is your own fault for not being good enough. So where some get it that I myself and blaming women, not at all.

A preference leaves no room for fault. It's no one's fault what someone else's preferences are. There are no excuses needed. There is no need to explain. It's just what it is.

If someone wishes to date someone NEAR their own age ~ I just can't see why they would beat this dead-horse topic into the ground. That makes absolutely NO sense.
 raevyn32
Msg: 514
older women younger men
Posted: 2/2/2007 6:00:23 AM
I married a guy 5 years younger than me. Make sure if you do plan on having a relationship with a younger guy, a real relationship beyond sex, that he has lived out all the partying stage(going out with friends and drinking etc). My ex husband didn't do any of that, and I had, so when I was at the stage in my life where it was time to slow down, he wanted to keep going out with his friends and leave me at home alone. Sometimes younger men(I find especially the ones in their 20's) isn't such a good idea. My ex had never lived on his own, never written a check, never paid his own bills, never did his own laundry. So make sure that if you do go younger ladies, that he has lived by himself for a while and managed to learn life's basics and has the same way of living life. I am done with the younger guys. Time for a real man!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 517
older women younger men
Posted: 2/4/2007 11:04:59 PM

Ahh you said it perfect If someone wishes to date someone NEAR their own age
But what if one has no luck with that? Should they settle for much older or stay single? Because younger women do not date older men much these days.
Wanting to date someone of one's own age and actually succeeding are two different things..no?

First, you spend entirely too much time worrying about this silly stuff. If you spent as much time attempting to meet someone as you spend in here complaining, you'd be married with children by now. Second, should you settle? I don't believe anyone should settle, but, if your preferences are unrealistic, you will never find her.

There are plenty of women who date older ~ you have to put out some effort to find them and get to know them. No one that has such low expectations and such a negative attitude towards dating is going to be successful.

You told me that you had been successful and things went wrong. I guess what you need to do is this: do exactly what you did when you met the last gal you dated and make certain that you don't have the same problems once you venture into a relationship. You aren't going to make any progress sitting here monitoring this thread trying to make a point. We get it. You aren't happy. Enough said. Get off the net, start living alittle, and I think you'll be amazed at what you might find, within your own self and within someone else.
 discr33tman
Msg: 518
older women younger men
Posted: 2/5/2007 12:32:54 AM
I had to jump on this thread and add my 2 cents. I think older women and younger men go very well together. I think older women have a sex drive that is more similar to a younger man. I could not tell you how a relationship would go. I would have to say that the personality traits would have to shine because for some people a relationship based on sex wears away. And for our good friend champ here, this is a little off topic, but if I recieved 2 cents for every young gal that said she loves older men, i'd say I would have made about one hundered thirty dollars and twenty five cents. So there is still hope champ.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >