Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 677
older women younger menPage 14 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Obviously there are those who only date someone younger than them for the "sex". If it takes a younger guy to hit it the right way, then I'd say your past partners weren't doing you justice.

No, for me dating younger guys is not for the sex. My late husband was considerably younger than me - he's been gone a long time now and I've only had one LTR since who happened to be younger also. Just turned out that way. I wouldn't have sex unless there was exclusivity and I haven't found anyone as yet that I'd care to be exclusive with since the LTR ended.... and that was quite some time ago.

As I said in an earlier post, all my friends, both males and females are all in their 30's and 40's except for a new friend who just happens to be my age and shares my love for live rock music. My interests, looks and energy bring me into that age bracket's circle. Sexual activities has nothing to do with it.

I was commenting on the following post:

Not saying older women are not worth it, some are, but when they have already been there and done it, but I have not...just seems like that is not a connection. And for sure if they are lookign for a guy to rock their world in bed...well forget it, I know I am not going to be that guy.

Perhaps quadmom misunderstood my post. I do not limit myself to dating younger guys only. If a guy my age or older shares my interests, we have good conversation and I enjoy his company, his age would not be an issue with me.
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 678
older women younger men
Posted: 5/28/2007 5:41:07 PM
And it has nothing to do with sex. It has to do with mindset, ability to evolve on a daily basis and a willingness to view life in terms of mystery rather than "set in my ways." Sorry, but I have yet to meet someone much older than myself who was willing to break out of his comfort zone to do anything he wasn't already familiar/comfortable with. Life is just too short to live it status-quo.

Great post - I couldn't have said it better myself, greeneyes.... it IS the mindset - most men older than me are happy to stay home on a Saturday night and watch a movie or play cards, etc. That's fine for them. I do that myself once in a while. But, I have too much energy to do that every weekend. They'll state right on their profiles that they do the bar scene anymore, don't like loud music, etc. Well, live rock music is my passion and the only places I can go to hear it and dance to it are bars and concerts which are quite loud. After a week of working 10-11 hrs a day, I'm ready to expend some energy listening and dancing to some good live music.

It's probably because I've been around musicians all my life that I feel I'm in my element with them. My late husband was a rock lead guitarist on the weekends - we had a small studio in our home and musicians were always there to jam and record. I've remained friends with all of them both males and females. All being younger than myself.

It really does have more to do with interests and energy than chronology. I think Donna is right. The typical middle age type (give me some rope here) will demur from smoke filled clubs, loud music, and the excessive energy required to go all night on the dance floor. However, there still exists a disproportionate number of us that love the aforementioned interests.

Thanks Gibs for your post . . . you're a prime example of a guy my age who shares the same interest of live music and possesses the youthful energy that I'm talking about here. You're a breath of fresh air!!
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 679
older women younger men
Posted: 5/29/2007 1:08:55 AM
no worries, quadmom... my bad for misunderstanding your post.
 cw35
Msg: 682
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2007 8:08:49 PM
Um....Okayyyyy....?
 cmtchemist
Msg: 683
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/5/2007 8:20:37 AM
I am 61 at the time of this writing and I tell you that if a woman wants to date you, she will, regardless of your age. Life’s interaction is about selling…we see it every day…somebody selling something. Being able to sell one’s self (qualities, attitude, etc.) has never been an easy thing for me but I am finding that honesty is the best tactic for delivery. In the past 6 months, I have dated from 27 to 64 and I just got an invitation from a lady (50) who wanted me for a boy toy. Needless to say, my ego just got inflated because I am nothing special other than honest and I respect women and try to please first. You don’t have to be a 29-year-old boy to do that. The reality is, however, that youth in a man is equated with being able to please. And an older man is equated with maturity, which too often can be the furthest from the truth.

To me…age is only a number. And I have heard more than my share of “does she have her braces off yet?” and “She’s older than you? That’s nice!” so I know how society judges. A relationship is between two adults who can make their own decisions and “society” should keep their opinions to themselves.
 Buffalo Hunter
Msg: 685
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2007 9:50:13 AM
Most interesting... Many couples after being married for many years grow apart sexually, often the man becomes impudent or dies... There are thousands of older women in their 6o, 70, 80's, alone and lonely wanting to be loved and would appreciate a lover....
A younger man that unattached and gets to know an older lady should pursue her with romance and get her into the sack........
 Buffalo Hunter
Msg: 686
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2007 9:51:49 AM
You only 36? Wait till you get 85 you just might appreciate a good romp with a younger stud....
 JustinCourtney
Msg: 688
older women younger men
Posted: 6/7/2007 3:00:26 PM
I Love older women 30+
Much more funto be around
Ive dated 2-3 older ladies and loved it
Alot of woman say im way to young tho
I wish i could find me another one
 My I
Msg: 689
older women younger men
Posted: 6/8/2007 7:42:34 PM
I don't know how I stumbled across this thread but, I did. So.....

Of all the explanations I heard about women getting with younger guys, it seems as though the "older" women are doing the talking. And when many of the older women speak they speak as if it's her relationship. The use of the term "I" indicates trouble... rarely does the term "us" get used.... Hmmmmmm.

As well... when a woman reaches 50 years old.... how will her 35 year old "greatest companion in the world" feel?

There are too many odds stacked against a relationship as mentionedin this thread. I'll take a woman near my age... generally speaking, we will have the patience, understanding and respect for each other.... especially when age related health issues arise.

I may be wrong, but........

An article I read stated that older women/ younger men relationships usually end quicker than older men/younger women. At the same time, it also stated that, on average, they last less than a year (averaged 4-7 months). very few last two years.

I guess it comes down to beating the odds is your first challenge.... if it's long term you seek....as a couple - not as 1/2 of a couple.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 690
older women younger men
Posted: 6/8/2007 11:42:21 PM
^^^^Hmmm. It would be interesting if you would post the links for those articles. I'd like to view them. What I just read over the past hour or so, indicates the exact opposite. The obvious celebrity unions (ie: Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russel; Susan Serandon/Tim Robbins; Cameron Diaz/Justin Timberlake; Demi Moore/Aston Kircher; Diana Ross/Her SO; etc.) merely indicate that not only do the relationships last ~ the longevity is definitely in tact. I realize those are celebrities, but I couldn't find Jane Doe/John Q. Public listed anywhere.

As for the "I" comments. Well, you are only viewing ONE person's side of the story. Now if "he" were standing there telling her what to say, you very well may read "we" "us" , etc. I personally have had long-term relationships with younger men my entire adult life and my high school sweatheart was also younger. The last man I dated was 35. When I was married, he was over 9 years younger and it was fate that determined that relationship end. Had tragedy not happened, I have no doubt, we'd still be together today ~ well over three years later.

Simple fact is: age is what it is. Some have preferences, some don't. As for statistics, they don't mean a thing. Divorce rates are what they are ~ 52% I believe. That means young/old/both combined/etc., have about 48% chance of success. There is NO way I'll believe that 48% are young and or same-aged couples. Failure happens ~ and it is not age restrictive. Some relationships work, some don't.

Personally, I'm happiest with someone near my age. Within a year or two would be ideal. But, should someone younger than my preference exhibit the traits I'm seeking, I certainly wouldn't rule him out because he is younger. I do however, feel differently about men much older than myself. It's personal preference for me and I am firm in that resolve. JMO
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 691
older women younger men
Posted: 6/8/2007 11:50:22 PM
My I: Of all the explanations I heard about women getting with younger guys, it seems as though the "older" women are doing the talking.

Apparently you haven't read all the threads before posting this one. I don't think the majority of the older women posting are looking for LTRs with the younger guys. We've already experienced marriage and rearing children. Btw, my late husband was younger than me. We were married for 17 yrs. As a matter of fact, most of the couples I know are in LTRs with the woman being older. The fact that we enjoy dating younger guys does not necessarily mean we are looking to have LTRs with younger guys.

Why is it that most of the guys who are critical of the subject at hand are guys in their 40's ?? Is it because women their age are having fun with the younger guys? Is it because they aren't too successful with the younger females?

Age is not an issue for me as long as a guy is interesting, fun to be with, has an extroverted personality and whose energy level matches mine.

The following quote is from My I's profile page:

and for goodness sakes.... don't start another redundant trash talking thread about the opposite sex.... it exposes a lot about you.

Yes, I agree - trash talking posts about the opposite sex does expose a lot about a person.
 roglol
Msg: 692
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/9/2007 1:22:59 AM
I dont know about what I was hearing in this trhread , I was in the longest relationship of my life with an older women . She was in her 50's too . I was in my 30's . It didn't work out becuase of my drinking , not my understanding , or my tolerance . I was the one who messed that relationship up . I think the real problem is that our priorities were differant . She was an older women and her habits were set . She woke up in the morning , watched the traffic and weather report , and off to work she would go . I on the other hand had just finished my long night of doing my own thing (Sound familiar) and was never too responsible myself . I went thrue jobs' left and right where she worked three jobs' her whole life and never got fired . She was just more responcible than me , and that was it . Today though , I can honestly say that she knows me better than anyone else too . Thats a tough call , I know the relationship didn't work out , but it was still worth it . I like the feeling of older women , and the fact that they actually give a @#$% . Instead of the younger ones . Who think of prince charming and how their life is going to be amazing , and they are going to be swept off their feet to a castle , and lifes going to be perfect . Or the , "Did you see Tara , her hair was so bad , Oh my God " . Grew out of that a long time ago .
 My I
Msg: 693
older women younger men
Posted: 6/9/2007 2:35:14 PM

The following quote is from My I's profile page:

and for goodness sakes.... don't start another redundant trash talking thread about the opposite sex.... it exposes a lot about you.

Yes, I agree - trash talking posts about the opposite sex does expose a lot about a person.

It's unfortunate you have to resort to this kind of behaviour..... if you read my post correctly, rather than in a defensive state of mind, you would have noticed i spoke as an opinion. In fact, I also stated, "I may be wrong..."

If you consider my post as trash talk just because I am not agreeing with your position on this topic..... your thinking is limited.

As far as the age difference is concerned... I prefer to be with someone who is my age. It's my preference for a specific reason. If you choose younger men... that's your choice - nothing wrong with that. However, if you feel the need to insult someone of a different opinion... date teenagers.... your temperment will be in tune with theirs.
 fsu1965
Msg: 694
older women younger men
Posted: 6/14/2007 5:55:09 AM
I think the honest answer is the one given above, ie these women are in it for the fun. nothing wrong with that.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 696
older women younger men
Posted: 6/14/2007 7:54:45 AM
In my experience, younger men seem to be more laid back, more fun, less judgemental and more active. They aren't trying intensely to nail down a serious relationship, however they are open to one if they happen to fall into it with someone they are into who wants the same.

And for the older women who are in it for the fun, I say go for it...nothing wrong with that at all...
 fsu1965
Msg: 697
older women younger men
Posted: 6/14/2007 9:54:26 AM
That fun is mostly the sex...so ladies be honest about it. It's ok, I'm not judging you. Just remember all those young men who you claim, are into you, are just that - In To You - and that is it in probably 95% of the cases. When I was young I would bang anything.
 crittersitter
Msg: 699
older women younger men
Posted: 6/14/2007 2:53:07 PM
^^^^^^Msg 1003: "Age is not an issue for me as long as a guy is interesting, fun to be with, has an extroverted personality and whose energy level matches mine.

My thoughts exactly!

Arabianangel
Msg: 700
older women younger men
Posted: 6/14/2007 3:31:55 PM
Whatever tickles ones fantasy i guess......me personaly I need that mental connection first and foremost, the youngest ive ever dated has been 3 years younger then me...I love the older wiser, sexier type...........
 Hugs and kisses
Msg: 701
older women younger men
Posted: 6/16/2007 8:06:22 AM
Hi to all out there:
I just popped in to see what this is all about. I find all the input very interesting.so many different attitudes about this subject. but different thoughts about different things is what makes this world so interesting. Right?

Now I am a woman much older then most on here. And as far as I'm concerned older women are SUPER PEOPLE...Y? Because we have the open mind to all that is out there. I feel if an older woman takes care of herself she is able to keep up with any age. I have dated younger and I have had no complaints in any activities that we have enjoyed. I'm young at heart and love to be active and as far has having a afternoon nap that does not fall into my program....The younger men that I date find me very upbeat and fun loving. Now I guess your all wondering if that is the case Y am I still here. Well, to be honest I have a problem with connecting with younger men for the long term Y? because you see I'm retired and I have the opportunity to come and go when I want. And younger men are still striving to get where I'm at. so that makes it difficult to connect and make a long term relationship. But I do have younger male friends that I chum with. We play pool , motercycle and golf together and have a great time. Now as far as dating older men goes: I love there company and they are where I'm at in life. But I have having a hard time finding ones that want to live life as I do....Now I know there out there but thus far have not found one that can keep up....mentaly, or physically....So I sit in limbo....Now if I could find a younger man that has been able to achevie his career let's say by the age of50- 55 and is looking for that mature woman to enjoy life with then I'm open to that....I'm 60 and proud to state that....Most of the younger men don't beleive that is ture which I'm very flattered....But you see I live life with a young mind and attitude and men are comfortabe with the fact that I'm open and honest with what it is I need from life. I have younger men wanting to move our friendship into something more, but as I have stated they are not where I'm at in life and I feel it would not be fare to either of us to have what they call "FRIENDS with BENIFITS" So there you have my thoughts on this.. I feel both parties have to be in the same place in life to make it happen....
I wish all good and remember enjoy all that makes you happy.....
 Hugs and kisses
Msg: 703
older women younger men
Posted: 6/18/2007 9:38:13 PM
Hi agree Irishlass 0668
It is always flattering to be noticed and appreciated by a younger male/ Good for ones ego right???But there comes a time to decided what is important to one owns needs/and self worth..Sex is great but what I ask do they have to offer other then that.....???? There is far too many things that fall into the equasion for a long term connection.....goals,and how to approach them together.....Young is good but I have found out it is for the short term.......The infacatuation dwindles and then I ask what do you have? A door hitting you or him in the ass on the way out.......I feel we all are better off dealing with the age at hand......if in fact your looking for long term......but if you looking to have you ego built up for the shot term then I say go for it...but realize at the time it is just an infactuation and maybe a quick romp now and again......There will come a day that young stud will eventually sway his wondering eyes to younger then I ask what do you have or what have you invested? time, heart,money, and maybe a whole lot more maybe even a roof over their heads....I'm not saying all younger men are like this....but I have been involved with friends that have had this happen to them...Not a pretty picture.....Women today are so much more secure at your age or older....some men are just looking for a care giver and a soft place to fall till they grow up.... so beware gals of the younger man attentions I feel they may have an alteritive motive as flattering as it is at the time...Call me a skeptic.. but just my thoughts....I hope I am wrong but I feel we all need to be awear of this thought......There are women out there that use men,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so what makes us think it can not wotk the same in reverse...Women today are so much stronger then years ago.. independent and driven to acheive especially at your age and a few years older...There are men out there that will play on that and make you beleive that your soooooooooooo special just to gain all that you have worked for....So beware...but some younger men are great ...I have lots of yunger male friends and we enjoy a lot together but it is just as friends.....So there are good one out there... Just don't fall into the trap of those that are not so honest and reseptive to just friendship...
 ladyb35
Msg: 707
older women younger men
Posted: 6/19/2007 9:43:03 PM
when i was 30 i had a relationship with a 24yr old the sex was great,i am 35 now my last bf was 25 & again it was great i dont see anything wrong with it as long as he is 24 n over.
 cajunstar6
Msg: 708
older women younger men
Posted: 6/26/2007 6:11:35 AM
The key word here is (sexually)in my opinion,anytime your doing anything strictly for one reason with limits and rules , there is going to be a bad outcome .Someone is going to get hurt.Expecilly with a age difference, more so with a large age difference.Now it would be a different story if there was some kind of commitment . , I guess it is ok as long as nothing develops emotionally (((yea right)).
 fsu1965
Msg: 709
older women younger men
Posted: 6/28/2007 10:57:36 AM
Correct, as long as no one gets hurt. Some women are very sexual and can think and act like a man. Most are not. Most men fall head over heels with a powerful sexual experience that many an older woman can provide. In either case it takes a special person to pull off this type of arrangement. I have had sex with quite a few women and only when there was a strong attraction did I hang around, regardles of their age.
 Hot Buttered Soul
Msg: 712
older women younger men
Posted: 6/29/2007 9:00:38 AM
I have a 5 yr limit on either direction for serious relationship consideration..

Just for dating I may stretch that rule... but rarely.. Only if they got mojo goin on.

I have dated women in their 50's and women as young as 20... Age is but a number.. older does NOT mean wiser, better lover, more intelligent, more grounded or anything.

People are people... some people never learn..

If the chemsitry is there.. anything is possible.. but going for someone JUST because they are older/ younger is rediculous.

It's like women who contact me telling me they are only into black guys.. TURN OFF!
 brezy
Msg: 713
older women younger men
Posted: 6/29/2007 2:53:52 PM
I'm glad this topic is still alive "I sure am"!!!!! I've noticed alot of men stop at their own age when accepting messages from... I'm not sure I have a 7/8 yr range in eather direction But to be honest most replies r from the older men LOL I don't mind but I'm very active and out going and I tend to hang with a little younger crowed. How do I know what's ok, not considerd a couger !!!!! I'd like to chat with all ages but hanging out's diffrent.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >