Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 akfiddlegirl
Msg: 768
older women younger menPage 16 of 83    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
I am now searching for a younger man! I am 42 and feel 30 something going on 16! I was with my husband 27 years older than me for over 20 years. I don't want to be the one left behind again. I want the ods to be a little more in my favor this time. I don't know if I would want to start all over again with a new batch of kids- my son is 23 but hey who knows! :) But since I was very young I never really got to date the first time around so I miised out on most of the fun and games of learning the dating scene. I still blush and get shy when out on a date! Not that it happens much in this tiny Alaskan Town! But when I was looking back then the guys my age just didn't do a thing for me- now I look toward the younger ones! lol But hey I love all men! But I would prefer a long term relationship and I would prefer it to be with someone a bit younger than me.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 773
older women younger men
Posted: 7/26/2007 8:42:34 AM

Personally I feel that younger men who prefer older women have a subservient streak in them and are followers and beta males more so than leaders and alpha males

OR they are alpha males and prefer females who are also in control of their lives and have accomplished more than a lot of women their age or younger? More in common...
 sportsnut327
Msg: 775
older women younger men
Posted: 7/27/2007 8:52:00 AM
older , younger...i've been on this site for a week and no bites....i guess i'm using the wrong kind of bait!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 776
older women younger men
Posted: 7/27/2007 1:16:08 PM

Personally I feel that younger men who prefer older women have a subservient streak in them and are followers and beta males more so than leaders and alpha males

I soooo like you, but on this one, I have to disagree (at least from my own personal experiences.) I'm naturally submissive in my personal life ~ I ONLY date alpha males. I'm head-strong, intelligent, opinions out the ya-ya, independent, etc., but I want a man who is more of those things than I am. I standardly date younger so I just can't buy that age has anything to do with it. (There is just no way "alpha" is determined by age. And at my age, I definitely now the difference between an alpha male and one who is not alpha.) JMO
 sun_shine_2008
Msg: 778
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/27/2007 4:00:07 PM
I will say that I am attracted to younger guys BUT I just dont think we would have much in common
 forum_moderator
Msg: 780
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/28/2007 6:14:06 PM
Off Topic Posting removed. Thanks to those who remained on topic.
 klatour
Msg: 781
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/28/2007 8:41:17 PM
Hmmm, sex could be great, but hopefully more than just sex.... As long as they dont think I am gonna raise them :) So, yeah, it would be ok if they were mature, educated, dont live with their mom and could hold their own....lol
 knightsMonarch
Msg: 782
older women younger men
Posted: 8/4/2007 7:43:55 PM
I need an older woman pronto, If you live in Ny or NJ, seek me.
 Luella2U
Msg: 783
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/4/2007 8:25:28 PM
I'm almost 52. My 19 year old son keeps telling me that I need to find a younger man, because women live longer than men (statistically) and he says that I don't look or act my age. I tend to attract younger friends, who don't believe that I'm "that old." lol I don't feel old either, but I know that I have slowed down some. Can't behave the way I did when I was in my 20's, ha! Age is just a number, it's more about how you think and feel. And just 'cause there's "snow on the roof, doesn't mean that there's no fire in the stove."
 ladyliz1417
Msg: 784
older women younger men
Posted: 8/5/2007 7:02:48 AM
I have always dated younger men & will continue to do so. The older guys just dont cut it for me. Something about those young sexy bodies........
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 786
older women younger men
Posted: 8/5/2007 6:33:57 PM
I know those amazing man ~ he's two weeks younger. I used to date men quite a bit younger, but that sort of ran it's course with me. I've said for the past few months that I'd prefer someone very near my own age. We can't get much closer than 2 weeks.
 brock11
Msg: 792
older women younger men
Posted: 8/18/2007 8:13:23 AM
Wow. 46 pages of this thread. I'm not going to read all 46 pages therefore what I might repeat some things that have already been said. If I was looking for a fling, age doesn't matter. If she was at least somewhat attractive, I wouldn't care if she was 21, 30, 40, or 50. If I was looking for a serious relationship, I might date a woman that is 8-10 older, but I wouldn't date a woman that is much older than me. The maturity, wisdom, and sexual experience of an much older woman would be a plus. I have seen plenty of attractive women in their 40s and early 50s. There are probablysome much older women with the same interests and lifestyles that I have. Mostly the dealbreaker would be having different long term plans and goals.
 brock11
Msg: 793
older women younger men
Posted: 8/18/2007 8:19:02 AM
Since I can't edit, here are some corrections to one sentence previous post.

I might date a woman that is 8-10 years older than me such as women in their mid to late 30s, but I wouldn't date a woman that is much older ( women over 40 yrs old ) than me.
 mystique-elle
Msg: 795
older women younger men
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:19:28 PM
All I have to say is *Like attracts Like*... if you both have the same maturity .. go for it.. otherwise it will not work out.. but, then again its all a matter of choice s and women well, some women mature a lot faster than men...if its for sex only carry on and do whatever pops ur clutch...if you are seeking for a true relationship... and you are in 30's and 40's and she is 21 .. I can assure it will not work out..she wants her life, her friends and her way of doing things.. she does not have the same experiences in life you and she will not want no part of that along the line and she will give u the boot..unless, you do first or has an affair to get her thrills. and, then she come to her senses and find a guy around her age to start her life with. then comes lonilness for some people makes people settle and do a lot of foolish things.. do not never settle it just ain't right and in the end you will pay for that...find someone who you have a lot in common with.. life will be fun and enjoyable..

I have alot of friends who went down with the titanic ... unless of course you are a sugar daddy or a cougar... then you have money and time to play ....Sometimes when you come to think about it... it would be nice to have a cabana boy... just kidding kidding

All the best 2 all of you.... I guess everyone is looking for a little something, something
 mystique-elle
Msg: 796
older women younger men
Posted: 8/18/2007 7:56:12 PM

I got shoes older than that.
Love has no age range.. you can ask any hooker
Sorry no offense its just too funny.
Carry on with your boy toys , if they keep feeling young and alive that is cool!
I guess I am too confident for my own good, guess I do not need a 20 yr old to make me feel desireable, Its really sad..EVERYONE is BEAUTIFUL in their own way, so stop looking at the age but, the person inside out that, is what should really matter.
 My I
Msg: 799
older women younger men
Posted: 8/19/2007 8:23:34 AM

eventually the environment ended it

So, if I do the math correctly... you were 49 years old when you got married... he was 31?

After ten years of marriage I find it difficult to understand how the most strenuous years of dealing with the age difference (at the dating stage and henceforth) was survivable yet, now, the environment is the cause for your marriage to cease.

I may be incorrect but, in my opinion, these type relationships seem to have scapegoat reasons for ending the relationship..... I have a few coworkers (both genders) who blame other reasons, as well. I tend to question the depth of love - if that's what it was.

The fact of the matter is.... the larger the age gap is, for either gender - there is a less chance of the relationship surviving long term. The odds are very high in favour of a demise.
 cadagirl
Msg: 800
older women younger men
Posted: 8/19/2007 11:59:33 AM
Hey all, just wanted to stop in and say I think older women have every right to go for younger men........mostly it's just for you-know-what, but that's cool!
 mystique-elle
Msg: 801
older women younger men
Posted: 8/19/2007 1:22:14 PM
Sure they have every right but, I have hear them crying at work after they get dumped by their young beau for a younger girl after.
they cry me a river for ex.: 41 woman with a 23 yr old man.. what are the chances he wants her for long term? he wants experience .. not in the same stage.. no?!
 mystique-elle
Msg: 803
older women younger men
Posted: 8/19/2007 1:34:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pardon me, excuse me ???? I love and hate everyone equally(joke)
I do not judge on people choices .. what they do is up to them, I just give my humble opinion.. free freedom of speech Yes or No?

I just have preferences for me .. I do not pass them on to others... if they like they like if not they move on... such is life... you can not please everyone!
 Sassafrazz
Msg: 809
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/21/2007 9:38:11 PM
well I dont think I have dated many men older than myself....not many of my interests and hobbies attract men my own age unfortunately. I dont think I go out looking for a younger man...its just seems as tho those are the ones that I click with. I dont believe that many long lasting relationships develop with this type of age difference but then again it does depend on the spread and the maturity of the younger man. On the other hand....I have seen some relationships that have been very long lasting....it just hasn't happened to me
 Berent
Msg: 810
older women younger men
Posted: 8/22/2007 7:59:20 AM
I'm a big fan of older women, though I've had only one experience. Older women are just so damn sexy! ;)
 mystique-elle
Msg: 812
older women younger men
Posted: 8/23/2007 7:06:47 AM
They say that age is just a number ...Hold on here for just a moment .. Is age still a number if you are in diapers, have bad hips, you are senile, or your girlfriend or boyfriend asks you for money or change to take the bus back home

Sorry but, we have to ask ourselves these questions...
However, its true... whatever pops your clutch!
 dub08
Msg: 813
older women younger men
Posted: 8/23/2007 9:17:19 AM
Have to agree!! If I was after just 'fun' I would have no problem with a younger guy (as in 10 years or so) however a relationship could be a different story!!
 mystique-elle
Msg: 816
older women younger men
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:55:41 PM
Yep, older women are all that you know what they say... once you had raisins you never go back to grapes
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >