Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AManofAdventure
Msg: 890
older women younger menPage 18 of 83    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
It can be quite good if you have the right combination.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 901
older women younger men
Posted: 8/6/2008 2:00:51 PM

I married a younger man {10 years younger} Fun in the beginning but I needed more than sex and found out we had nothing in common. I think a complete union is " friend, pal, lover and same goals and same expectations from Life.

My problem is I have nothing in common with men my age. For whatever reason I seem to have more in common with men 10-15 years younger.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 905
older women younger men
Posted: 8/6/2008 6:47:14 PM
lm: ^^^^^ So very true!! Some of the most heinous users I know are older than I am. Seriously lacking something within their ownselves is the only answer I can come up with on that note.
 misslindakansas
Msg: 907
older women younger men
Posted: 8/7/2008 12:12:22 AM
I for one have tried the younger man thing , and lets just say its not for me
 Suegreen
Msg: 909
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/7/2008 3:56:15 AM
I have had some great relationships with younger men but always try to stick to the 10 year rule...that means no younger than me by anymore than 10 years.
 celts123
Msg: 910
older women younger men
Posted: 8/7/2008 8:44:18 AM
IMO it depends on the amount of the age difference. A 5 yr age difference or maybe even a 10 yr age difference ( such as a 30 yr old man dating a 35-40 yr old woman ) may not be a problem. A very large age difference ( such as a 30 yr old man dating a 50 yr old woman ) may not be a problem right now or in the immediate future. However I think in most cases it would eventually cause problems in a relationship.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 912
older women younger men
Posted: 8/7/2008 9:24:11 AM

I do have friends where the woman is 15 yrs older and they have been married for 21 hrs. It is the best marriage I have seen. And I have one where the woman is 12 yrs younger and that marriage stunk. I have one where the woman was 17 yrs younger, married 19 yrs and boom divorce...she did not want to end up caring for an old man when she was still so youthful.

Now the good marriage, I do see her finally really aging, not in looks but body..... i hope their foundation is as strong as it looks and he sticks with her.

I am assuming that is a typo and that they have been married 21 years not 21 hours. If they have been married that long, he is most likely starting to age body wise too.

I have an aunt who got married in 1973. At the time she was 39 and he was 21. Still very much married and still happy. Today she is 74 and he is 56. It is funny when they first got together you could see the age difference, but now they look about the same age.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 914
older women younger men
Posted: 8/8/2008 5:26:09 PM

usually prefer younger men up within reason. I'm 40 and my ideal age range is from late 20s to mid 30s.

Same here....although I might date closer to my age depending on the guy, it's mostly that range.

This could have happened if you were dating men around your age or older. There are men from all ages who are just looking for sex.

I totally agree - I don't think age has anything to do with it. Men who are just looking for sex come in all ages.
 hartshaped
Msg: 915
older women younger men
Posted: 8/8/2008 5:49:20 PM
I think all older women have a preference age for the younger man. Still, when both find common interests and both are interesting to each other, age is not relevant... (assuming both of legal age)
 rpxtu
Msg: 919
older women younger men
Posted: 8/9/2008 6:12:54 PM
I think most younger men just like to use older women for sex the whole MILF thing that seems to be so popular. It's fine if a women wants to be used and wants just sex go for it but remember over 80% of all marriages the man is older something to keep in mind. They probably will never marry you.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 922
older women younger men
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:12:22 AM

I think most younger men just like to use older women for sex the whole MILF thing that seems to be so popular. It's fine if a women wants to be used and wants just sex go for it but remember over 80% of all marriages the man is older something to keep in mind. They probably will never marry you.

No one gets used for sex if they agree to it, and if they know what the situation is. This men are villains and women are victims mentality needs to go - it's REALLY outdated. Most older women may seek out/agree to date younger men BECAUSE they don't want intense, marriage oriented relationships, and there are times when younger men are the ones who want things more serious than they are - this isn't about gender, this is about choice.

Please, let's stop using the time machine.

Oh and that 80% of all marriages are older men/younger women thing needs to be referenced so it doesn't look like a statistic that was made up for effect. Can you provide the link or source of that information? Thanks much in advance.
 babyboo1974
Msg: 929
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:41:50 PM
I have dated many younger men. The one long term he was 22 and I was 31 when we started dating,blazed then fizzled, while we had a lot of fun and the sex was great. He was way too immature. I wound up pregnant and when the baby turned 5 months old he spilt! Now she is 18 months old and hasn't seen her "sperm donor" in almost a year.

For some dating much younger works out well for others it doesn't.
I haven't given up but I shy away more from ones that are alot younger then me now.
 LESLIE 1943
Msg: 930
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:20:25 PM
I've dated several men younger than myself and rarely been dumped by one.
 harleyrider2345
Msg: 931
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:39:34 PM
I have dated older and younger women. I have been used by them for sex, and had a good realtionships with them. I like older women because they are past the games and like men who treats them well. I have never dumped an older women, but have had my heart broke by them. I have also had younger women break my heart. I think if two people can get together and enjoy each other company with love in this sick world instead of treating each other badly. I say good for them, and to hell with everyone else.
 littlesmiley
Msg: 933
older women younger men
Posted: 9/5/2008 5:15:31 PM
can I ask...what is MILF short for?

I'm enjoying these discussions, generally finding women who've experienced it have no problems, neither do the men involved.

I've found the response from guys that the older women know what they want, create less dramas, expectation etc is probably valid.

But what I find more interesting is the reaction of older men - could it be a generalistic rejection issue/fear of the young male usurping 'his' territory?
 AAuroraAA
Msg: 938
older women younger men
Posted: 9/6/2008 11:04:34 AM
The kid factor is one of the main reasons I wouldn't date a younger man. I can't have children; never could. Regardless of a man's age, I always make sure they know that early on ....just in case they have any desires in that area...cause that just ain't gonna happen. Even if I could have children, at my age, ....well,...I'm just fresh out of eggs. LoL

Seriously though, I just can't seem to wrap my head around the 20 or 30 somethings that approach me. Some have been downright hotties too. I just can't seem to grok the concept of dating a guy who would be near or younger than any children I might have had.
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 940
older women younger men
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:30:08 PM
I have a hottie who is 10 yrs younger than me and we are meeting within the next couple of days. We have talked on the puter and on the phone and he appears to be very mature for his age. I have never dated anyone that wasn't within a couple of years of my age. I am looking forward to seeing how he is in person. If he is as good as he sounds on the phone......well ......lets say I may be in trouble
 SI lady
Msg: 941
older women younger men
Posted: 9/9/2008 1:58:37 PM
Maggie I agree with you 1000+% and then some. Each individual is different, what may work for one may not work for another. Just becasue I am attracted to younger men more that 10 years mind you, I dont think that makes me a Cougar. It's just my preference & I'm entitled to do what I want (as long as he is of legal age) lol. Not that I would be with someone under 21, no way no how. I was in a relationship with a MUCH younger man (more that 15 years younger) for 4 months. Wish it would have lasted long, but it didn't. To be honest it was my first older woman younger man relationship & it was one of the best relationships I have been in in along, long time. So as the sying goes "to each his/her own" Dont' judge me, as you have never walked in my shoes, now have you.
 RAVUN
Msg: 945
older women younger men
Posted: 9/21/2008 4:15:55 PM
Personally I am more sexually compatible with men younger than myself.....now as far as having a long term relationship that I could not say. But I had a friends with benefit relationship with one who was 11 years younger that completely rocked my world...he was the best lover I have ever had and also we are wonderful friends.
 webweebil
Msg: 946
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 9/21/2008 4:52:37 PM
The first younger man to openly flirt with me was drop dead gorgeous. He was late 20's landscape engineer, put himself through a very exclusive university and was highly conscious about sustainable agriculture and water treatment. Just starting out with his own company. This is the kind of guy I would find hot if I saw him in a movie or harlequin novel. I was so shocked. I was in the process of separating, so I couldn't do anything anyways. The second one was even younger, the son of the man I worked for. I do not exaggerate when I say that he was another larger-than-life, cool, together, beautiful guy. Practiced dahn yoga and camped out. 6'4" built really well and long naturally blond hair. Plus, he had big piercing blue eyes with just a hint of chisel to his face. He looked like a tall, blond Elvis Presley. Plus his family came from big money. We had our personality tests done together (the whole company did it) and we ended up talking about a lot of things metaphysical. He had graduated from University of Virgina, and I found him to be extremely intelligent (one time at lunch he wanted to discuss Ayn Rand). I couldn't do 24, which is what he was, though. Although, if it weren't for that damn number, there was no feeling of him being inappropriately young for me.

I'm improving, though. My last relationship was with a very successful sound mixer (for movies) and he was at a party. This time, I saw and didn't hesitate. He's 34. Alas, way far away for me and distance is too much for us.

I say jump in. There's some awesome younger men out there, just like there are men who are older.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >