Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JustMary65
Msg: 1064
older women younger menPage 22 of 83    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
No shame in that game.....course I'm just a dirty old woman. *just saying*

On a serious note, most people take issue with the younger man/older woman sexual scenario vs the younger woman/older man scenerio. Perhaps it's simply a double standard that will never go away--maybe it's just believed that women should think and be sexual based on traditional standards of seeking an older man for security and sex?!

Honestly, when it comes to sexual relationships, regardless how folks define them, I'd like to believe all parties should be of legal age to consent to any sexual act and be smart enough to know if it's just a 'sex thang' or something more. In any event, there are NO guarantees in any kind of relationship but a lot of fuss seems to stem from major age differences--particularly when the sexual suitor is a woman and older than her male sexual partner.
 2Irish1
Msg: 1067
older women younger men
Posted: 3/15/2009 4:17:10 AM
At my age Mrs. Robinson looks like a young hot chick
 gracengracie
Msg: 1070
older women younger men
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:53:37 AM
Me as a woman...don't like younger men...
I love older men, they appreciate you in a different way, they don't take you for granted.
they have the old school manners and romanticism.
Maybe they could even be a bit sexually impaired but they sure know how t please a woman!!
 2Irish1
Msg: 1073
older women younger men
Posted: 3/24/2009 5:43:05 PM
I think I'm in love!
I love the older wiser, sexier type.......

Angel you fancy tickler you...
Irish
 kendra987
Msg: 1074
older women younger men
Posted: 3/28/2009 5:48:33 PM
It's the only way to go.
 lonliheart42
Msg: 1075
older women younger men
Posted: 4/18/2009 3:37:33 AM
I truly believe that age is only a number. The maturity factor is what I look at. I've met men on here my age that act more immature than a 5 year old. Although I haven't dated anyone more than 5 years my junior I am acquainted with younger men that are very mature for their age.
 Street King
Msg: 1076
older women younger men
Posted: 4/18/2009 4:04:47 AM
I love older women. They're the only type of women I date. It's all pluses in my book. Can't imagine dating anyone younger than me. They're cute but so much drama it'll make you die before your time. Give me an older woman any day of the week.
 Street King
Msg: 1077
older women younger men
Posted: 4/18/2009 4:14:15 AM
hazleblue eyes,

This is the most logical and HONEST statement I've seen on the forums concerning this topic. You're so right about the maturity aspect. That has to be the biggest factor on the part of both parties involved. Age is just a number. We shouldn't let it define us. Age doesn't mean maturity it just means you get older and you might have some more experiences under your belt. It doesn't mean personal growth. I had a discussion with a woman on POF about a similar topic and I told her when I've approached older women age doesn't come in my mind I just see an attractive woman I would like to get to know because many times we look the same age.
Thanks for posting an HONEST response.
 Forums001
Msg: 1078
older women younger men
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:34:50 PM
When I read these threads on this topic it blows my mind how so many women just bash and bash men that are thier age. You read women in thier 50's bashing men in thier 50's, women in thier 40's bashing men in thier 40's, women in thier 30's bashing men in thier 30's. And the interesting thing is, they all say the exact samethings about them. So does this mean that women in thier 40's are not great as women in thier 50's? Etc?
And the tired saying of "Older men are all set in thier ways, have baggage, are bitter" wow, I never knew that women are not set in thier ways, not bitter and have no baggage when they are over the age of 40? Many have ex-husbands they are bitter about from a failed marriage that is usually solely blamed on him. Many have children that are either still living at home, or the fact they do have children even if they do not live at home. And they are set in thier ways because I believe we all end up knowing what we like and dislike, know what we want in life by the time we hit our 30's. BUT seems it is not acceptable for us OLD MEN to be that way ONLY women are allowed. This way, women are always in the driver's seat, especially dating a younger guy.
Women know that nowadays THEY hold all the cards in dating. So they can pick and choose and set whatever standards they want. And add in that they can get sex anytime by anyone THEY want to from. Men? Nope, only a select few can. And women no longer NEED a man so this gives them the upperhand. Men today over 35 I say are now paying the price for men in the past.
I hear the comment as well "Oh you guys got away with dating younger women for years, dumping your wives for younger women, now it is our turn."
I say WOW, I never knew I was married at 5, dumped my wife at 10 and dated younger. Thanks.
Remember we men ARE considered NOT in thier league, never the other way around.
I am 40 and there is no way I can match up to a 26 yr old younger guy. So I am so not in the same league.

I feel for all men over 40 who are single, because there are going to be less and less women who will want to date us. Being in your 20's and single, has got to be the most amazing time now and those are the guys who are in high demand.
They beat us in looks, money, sex. And oh ya, we men generalize that women want money from men and we get bashed. Women say "Oh all you older men are set in your ways" is a generalization but again is allowed...because it comes from women.
As I say, ladies, you hold all the power nowadays, just use it right because you may misuse it and end up emptyhanded. But 99% of women are smarter than that right? So what do I know...I am a 40 year OLD MAN...LOL
Glad I threw the towel in on dating this year.
 Fishermans_Friend
Msg: 1080
older women younger men
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:03:04 PM
everyone should check out agelesslove.com I've been there for months and it's a pretty good site for learning more about ow/ym relationships
 Fishermans_Friend
Msg: 1081
older women younger men
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:06:57 PM
older women and younger men just make sense. Women's sexuality is a lot more complex than that of a men so I feel that's why there's a gap in age between the two genders' sexual peaks. It's a lot less taboo now than 10 years ago with couples like Ashton and Demy to show off and I think that's great. There shouldn't be any restrictions preventing people from embracing something they want to share.
 Forums001
Msg: 1082
older women younger men
Posted: 5/8/2009 8:31:38 PM
Isn't it interesting you always get an example like this "I know men who are in thier 40's who act immature and men in thier 20's who act more mature"
So a guy in his 40's acting and feeling like he is in his 20's is immature? Wow. But a woman in her 40's who acts and feels like she is in her 20's is ok? Nice double standard there ladies.
It seems rare that women will compliment men thier age. Like women in thier 40's saying nice things about men in thier 40's. Only a very few do. And yet the men in thier 20's seem to get raves all the time.
Oops forgot, those women who put us men in our 40's down are usually the ones who are bitter towards men that age because one guy that they married was an a-hole, so that sets the tone for the rest of us.
Why is it acceptable for women to generalize us men, but when a man does the same about women, look out. Is there no more common ground between genders the same ages? Is it all about one person having the power? I mean ladies, YOU have ALL the power in dating, so what more do you want? We men have to court you, pursue you, ask you out on dates, accept rejection, pay for dates, pick you up, drive you where you want to go for a night out. I mean wow, and when we hit our 40's, we are lazy, no good in bed, boring, no fun, too serious...does it ever end?
I like all women, but seems as I hit my 30's I realized that women my age search for flaws in us, then I hit 40 and now it is assuming things about us. And then we hear that men in thier 20's are perfect. Unreal. I guess we should all just give up hope?
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 1083
older women younger men
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:14:02 PM
Cougers maybe.
If your legal and your both happy...so be it.
Doesn't make you a bad person.
 el lagarto
Msg: 1085
older women younger men
Posted: 5/9/2009 6:31:45 PM
Been there, done that - and it was good ! Married/divorced one 7yrs younger , serious connection of 3yrs with one 17yrs younger .

It's the meeting of the minds that counts - what life experiences and attitudes there are - not the numbers . I tend to think "younger" , and am active and vital - so it works for me . But I've found that dating the PERSON rather than the age, is the most successful policy .
 startle
Msg: 1088
older women younger men
Posted: 5/10/2009 4:07:17 PM
i only date younger men...emotionally i can't relate to my own age group...sexually younger men are more virile and better looking....everyone is different but in general...younger is better.
 sassy_grneyes
Msg: 1089
older women younger men
Posted: 5/10/2009 4:12:25 PM
I see nothing wrong with it,I like younger men but not too young.
 southshore46
Msg: 1090
older women younger men
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:36:31 PM
I generally prefer younger men. But I have my limits. Most likely I wouldn't date a man that is more than 15 years youngrt than me. I probably wouldn't be compatible with a man when the age difference between us is that large.

Msg 1497

I've never enjoyed being a "cougar", as I've never found a younger man who was at a good maturity level. I'm not saying all younger men are immature, I just haven't found any yet. So, I go for the old dude

A 29 yr old woman probably wouldn't be considered to be a cougar. At your age many men who are about 5-10 yrs younger than you are still maturing. A 5-10 yrs age difference becomes less important when you get older.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 1093
older women younger men
Posted: 5/25/2009 2:33:30 PM

How do you feel about a sexual relationship between a younger man and an older woman?

I have T-Shirts that are older than some of the young guys that try to contact me. Sometimes they are looking for emotional support and sometimes they are looking to learn from the sexual experience of an older woman. I am not their mother, so they think it's o.k. to dazzle an older woman into accomodating them.

I have my boundaries though........I am just not up to the game of helping little boys in adult bodies to become men. I will leave that up to the female gender in a similar age group.

Sometimes, I wonder how they would react if the older woman they contacted, actually turned out to be their mother.
 akakakes
Msg: 1094
older women younger men
Posted: 5/25/2009 4:40:14 PM
My rule of thumb, He must be older than my oldest child by some yrs.. K
 lyndag
Msg: 1095
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/26/2009 1:12:41 PM
I don't have any problem with it. I've often gone out with guys many years younger than me. As long as your up front about your age and he has no problem with it, I say go for it.
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 1097
older women younger men
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:39:03 PM
I tend to attract/date younger guys, never had any problems regarding the age difference, people usually assume we're in the same age group but it's not just about "sex"... as long as he's not on some "BULL" it's all good.[/b
 HBPatti
Msg: 1099
older women younger men
Posted: 7/3/2009 8:11:26 AM
Most of my best relationships have been with younger men...I have been a Cougar my whole life...even before when it was kind of forbidden, it never bothers me what people think anyway...my friends and family all love me so who cares!!!!!!.
I am bored with most men my age (I just turned 64 last month and still going strong). The youngest long term relationship I had was 22 years younger and I finally broke up with him because he "acted too old"..REALLY!!!!
Have fun you Cougars and GO FOR IT!!!!!
 gracengracie
Msg: 1100
older women younger men
Posted: 7/3/2009 8:40:25 AM

How do you feel about a sexual relationship between a younger man and an older woman?

For myself, no my optimal choice. I prefer them 10 years older.

In general, it should be about how the specific couple feels about it. They are the ones sharing and living it. If they are happy, it's all good.
 eaglesfly1
Msg: 1101
older women younger men
Posted: 7/5/2009 11:48:00 AM
I love cougars. I have always dated older woman. It's the best sex I have ever had.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 1104
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 7/18/2009 2:23:23 PM
Everyone has their preferences, for thewir own reasons, but what is a 'age barrier' anyway?
~sc~
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >