Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 timestandstillfla
Msg: 1254
older women younger menPage 28 of 83    (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)
Are we talking "hot for teacher"..........
or like the movie w/ Dustin Hoffman ,,,,,,,,,,
 Idee_Fixe
Msg: 1255
older women younger men
Posted: 10/2/2011 5:21:27 PM
This gentleman's (ha ha) response should be enough as to why older women shouldn't or in my case, "wouldnt" date a younger man. Their sophomoric humor about sex in general is enough to keep me disinterested. Talk about games. Whew!
 lovesmusic1234
Msg: 1256
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/2/2011 6:44:04 PM
Hey groovalicious peoples...
Ahoy matey's... In my humble opinion...

It can work in the short time for the physical... but not in the long term for the mental

I have been checking out some of this thread and will put my 2 cents in.
Also, I am a writer and have met, to discuss older/younger relationships, with many an individual and group at good ol Denny's and Ihop... not to mention I've taken a couple of courses in human sexuality. I am not a relationship expert(?)... not exactly.... but I listen and write the stuff down, then I research and compile stats and use it when writing.

A few interesting observations(In my humble opinion)...

It appears that women cheat/betray their boyfriends/husbands almost as much
as men to. Depending on which study you Google, it is at 57% for women and 63% for men.
The stats are skewed toward women in their 20's and 30's.... so some of the old school women still are less likely to stray... but not by much --LOL-- Women cheating has steadily increased since the 1950's... but really took off in the last 15 years. HA! Funny stuff no? heh heh See... you females are not all "sugar and spice and everything nice". *drooling laughter and a strong belch* :)

In my humble opinion... and my 2 cents.The reason older men tend to date/marry younger women, and when I say younger... I qualify that by stating a relationship where the female is typically 3 to 8 years younger(or more) than her male counterpart, has more to do(at least sub-consciously) with the fact that females are generally more sophisticated and mature than a male there own age. There are plenty of older women(40 +) with hot bods etc. However, they are too mature/sophisticated than than a male their same age or younger. Most younger women either consciously or sub-consciously know this and gravitate to someone older that will be able to handle the financial and emotional expense of raising a family... and that they can relate to psychologically. I hate to say this about my fellow males, but they usually cannot handle a serious relationship... no matter how much they are pushed into it... until maybe their mid 30's to mid 40's.... more or less... and it will be with someone younger than them. For a male, looks play a smaller part than women generally perceive. Oh and on a physical note, generally... men literally have thicker skins... and that tends to make them look just a little bit younger than a female the same age... but they die earlier. --LOL-- Sexually, guys in their 20's to 40's do have their "off days".... just not as many as their older brothers --LOL--

I have heard Halle Berry(46 yo) mentioned in this thread. As beautiful, talented, and rich as she is... she got dumped twice. Once by the love of her life who was the same age.... and then her other major most recent love... who was 15 years her junior... dumped her. Same with Drew Barrymore.... Ashton Kutch and Demi are having trouble and may split up....and probably some of the marriage minded cougars in Snottsdale AZ will have "concerns".*Love is funny...drooling laughter*

Simply put, females... almost at any age, tend to be at least 3 to 10 years more MENTALLY mature than a male their same age(that can threaten the male psyche) . Have you ever watch a group of 6 to 8 year old girls play house and having a tea, talking about having babies and family.. while their male counter parts are eating dirt, throwing rocks at each other, beating each other up?? It's too funny!!! You get the idea right... sure ya do. I know you older women(even those with the hot bods) think that it is unfair... but it isn't... it is how we(males) are wired. Girls are also good at soccer. --LOL--

I have lots of male friends in their 20's, 30's, and 40's.... lots of player wolves in the pack.

Hmmmm... I get email from females that tell me they have alot(thousands upon thousands -lol-)of emails from guys wanting a date and what makes me so special etc.*drooling laughter* Pssst....here is the deal on that... I'm gonna break the "MAN'S CODE OF SEDUCTION AND DATING"...

You could be the most beautiful goddess like creature on the earth... OR a not so much.... guess what.. MOST GUYS are horny dogs and don't really care too much what cha look like. Because when it is "last call" at the bar, for those guys, it's about getting some action... ANY action!!!! SOOOooo DON'T flatter yourself. They will get what they want, and then most of the time just dump ya. Women do it also. YES THEY DO!!! *warm smiley face :)* Hopefully, I do not fall into that male category.

So if you are an older women looking to have fun with a younger guy... that will not be hard. HOWEVER, if you think you can make a long term relationship out of it... you are probably kidding yourself. The breakup and divorce stats bare that out. Still.... it doesn't hurt to try. I wish they taught this kind of stuff in Jr High or High School... girls would be sooo much better off.

Personally, I enjoy going out with mature women( I have gone out with women into their 70's... and have enjoyed the dates very much).... they do not threaten my psyche.... but for alot of males, not so much. So women, just be aware of that.

P.S. About my profile picture.. if is about a year... taken at a X-mas party for people in the film biz in AZ... if you were to pull back on the shot, you would see a beautiful(inside as well) 28 year old on my right... and a cutey pie 35 year old on my left. Happy times that night. --LOL-- Still, I really do enjoy going out with mature women older than me.... no problems there. Anyowz, thanks for reading this post.
 statemachine500
Msg: 1257
older women younger men
Posted: 10/2/2011 6:48:12 PM
But I can certainly see why a lot of women are interested in younger men.Your average guy after X age depending on how he has and currently takes care of himself,and especially after 50,is not very inspiring.Stallone makes a good benchmark,and he is 63.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 1258
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/2/2011 7:16:53 PM
I will answer to this question again and again, I purr fur younger men. Yes, I am a Cougar woman. Older men and men my age are into hard classic rock music which I totally hate. I play dance music on my synth keyboard. I love dance synth powered music. I go out to a dance club where most of the men are under 30. Men my age bore with their so called musical interest in Classic rock. That is totally boring. I feel much younger than my actual age.
 kcladyz
Msg: 1259
older women younger men
Posted: 10/3/2011 1:24:35 PM
I am 42 and my limited experience with younger men being bad. They were childish, immature. i would date a younger man if his friends and family were ok with it and if he was serious, professional, mature. in general i prefer men my age or older
 NMX5
Msg: 1260
older women younger men
Posted: 10/5/2011 5:36:36 AM
Interesting to read your comment, "I do love older women as well". I never thought I'd be the older woman, but damn it, I am. Why do you love older women?
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 1261
older women younger men
Posted: 10/6/2011 4:18:11 AM
Well... well... well. How many times more is this one going go around and around? I've been on/off POF since 2007 (dang, that's a long time), and this question in one form or another keeps popping up, along with why men like younger women. Doesn't anyone get it?
No one should judge or make assumptions as to why! It is the choice at the time and no matter the good, bad, or ugly of it (should there even be a bad or ugly), people are going to do what they will do, regardless of what we say here!

But since you asked, I tend to be more interested in men who don't have to keep their teeth in a cup, their ears in a case, and their eyes on the night stand when going to bed and who don't take all night to do what they used to be able to do all night! If that means dating a younger man, then so be it! I'm not here to be an email buddy.
 Dreamer_in_SC
Msg: 1262
older women younger men
Posted: 10/6/2011 5:03:28 AM
This is a topic that had me curious. Trying to be with women my own age did not seem to work out very well. For a couple years i dated older women.

I did so expecting to find maturity and less game playing. I was surprised to discover that to not be the case. What I did notice is that older women seem to be more focused on what they want.

Trying to explain it correctly....

It is like during conversations they were attempting to explain who they wanted to be instead of who they were or who they are.

The things that are important seem to change. It was almost backwards to how you would think it would be.

Example....

The older you get means you have less time left on this planet. At first thought you would assume that the woman with less time remaining would be more apt to live in the moment. You would think a younger woman would worry about the future and focus on relationships that have longevity associated with them.

However my experience with older women showed that those older women were not as willing to live in the moment. They wanted to basically plan out our relationship and if it altered from that path of progression then they no longer wished to be a part of it.

With the younger women I have been with that was not the case. They just accepted it as is and allowed the relationship to just be what it was. They lived in the moment and did not try to dictate where things would lead to.

Spending time together with the older women seemed to become stale as a result. I lost that excitement inside that was felt prior to meeting up with them. When i was with the younger women there was a mystery to them. An excitement about never knowing what was going to happen or where things would lead.

I guess you could say being with the older women seemed like we were living out a check list whereas being with someone younger than myself we seemed to be creating a check list as we went along.

I am not saying that all older women are the same. What i am saying is that it seems the older women have more focused intent and it is almost like they live their lives like they are running out of time. The ones i have been with were not able to just BE who they were, instead they would constantly try to be who they wanted to be or be who they wanted others to see them as.

More worried about how other perceive them to be is how i understood it.

Maybe it is just me being immature but i have a rather silly side to me. I like being a goof and sometimes acting or thinking about silly things. Being able to laugh and smile both on the inside and the outside.

My own experience has shown me that younger women seem to bring that side of me out and as such i have stopped looking at the older women for what i am looking for. Mid 20's to early 30's seems to be more of what i am looking for now.

Just my opinions and observations.
 unYOUsual
Msg: 1263
older women younger men
Posted: 10/6/2011 11:51:07 AM
People who are older that date much younger people are SELFISH....no matter how you delude yourself you are selfish and have something wrong with you....no matter how young you think you look or no matter how young you think you act you are still OLD..get over it and date someone that you can grow older with...How can a younger person really empathize or understand what it means to grow old what it is like to grow old until they do it...
 coznviny
Msg: 1264
older women younger men
Posted: 10/6/2011 9:26:41 PM
I've been there done that and still willing to do so,.
Its great but weather young or old it all depends on that individual some experience were GREAT, Some boring, or SO SO with both young and old. so if that person makes you happy then DO IT life is way to short.
 coznviny
Msg: 1265
older women younger men
Posted: 10/6/2011 9:37:36 PM
Another thing I forgot to mention, its also about compatibility between the two parties.
mentally, emotionally, and physically.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 1266
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/7/2011 2:41:22 AM
lovesmusic1234....I hope you don't mind, but..if you could shorten your posts down, break out of the "writers" mode, your message would be read by more people.

It has been my experience that novels are not read in Forum postings.
 MsMicki
Msg: 1267
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/7/2011 10:45:20 AM
in all my years on this site........I have never once recieved an intelligent message from a younger man!
"I cld rawk ur wrld" just makes me laugh......and
"I like older women" just makes me want to introduce them to my mom....

I've yet to have a valid reason presented to me to make me interested
in a young man.
 ilovehistory
Msg: 1268
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/7/2011 4:14:03 PM
A couple days ago, a Spanish noblewoman named Duchess Maria del Rosario Cayetana Alfonsa Victoria Eugenia Francisca Fitz-James Stuart y de Silva, age 85, married a younger man who European tabloids jokingly called her 'boytoy'. This younger man is 61, young only by comparison to the bride. Cayetana is one of the richest women in the world, with a fortune estimated at as much as 5 Billion dollars. Her husband didn't marry her for money, she gave her fortune to her children before the marriage and he signed a document renouncing any claim to her money!

http://news.yahoo.com/rich-spanish-duchess-weds-third-time-age-85-124341285.html
 MsMicki
Msg: 1269
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/7/2011 6:58:42 PM

MsMicki: in all my years on this site........I have never once recieved an intelligent message from a younger man!
velmaValento:I have -- men from mid 30's to mid 40's.

I'm only 48...so I don't think of a man in his 40's as really been that much younger!!
I was referring to guys in their 20's and early 30's
 JerseyBoy1776
Msg: 1270
older women younger men
Posted: 10/7/2011 8:58:06 PM
I dont wouldnt mind. Im more attracted to older women. I cant explain it but there is something different.
 8plenty8
Msg: 1271
older women younger men
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:33:13 AM
A 64-year-old accountant left a letter for his wife one Friday evening that read, "Dear wife, I am 64, and by the time you receive this letter I will be at the Grand Hotel with my beautiful and sexy 18-year-old secretary."

When he arrived at the hotel, there was a letter waiting for him that read, "Dear husband, I too am 64, and by the time you receive this letter I will be at the Breakwater Hotel with my handsome and virile 18-year-old boy toy. Being an accountant, you will appreciate that 18 goes into 64 many more times than 64 goes into 18."
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 1272
older women younger men
Posted: 10/24/2011 11:23:03 PM
I would prefer to date someone my age or a little older (8 years max), just because I feel we would be the same somewhat in terms of life experiences. It's funny, though, most of my relationships have been with younger men. . had a 2 year relationship with someone 5 years younger (also lived with him) , and the age difference has varied between 3-5 years younger than myself. Currently, I'm seeing someone who is 6 years younger. . . For some reason, I end up with younger men. .
 evskypr
Msg: 1273
older women younger men
Posted: 10/25/2011 11:52:36 AM
I was with a man 14 years younger than me for 8 1/2 yrs . We did mostly everything together.The only thing he didn't do with me was cook but he washed the dishes.We travel together a lot. We had a son together. It didn't last any longer because he was very jealous even of my other children and then he started drinking.He wasn't much in his son's life. My son is 21yrs old now ,and we have not heard from his dad for 4yrs now
 LANCE-W
Msg: 1274
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/26/2011 9:23:04 PM
MAN OH MAN I LOVE OLDER WOMEN ITS SUCH A TURN ON SO LADIES HOP ON THIS YOUNG STUD IM 27 I DONT DISCRIMINATE BEAUTIFUL IS BEAUTIFUL
 Pingshooter
Msg: 1275
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 10/26/2011 11:36:31 PM
At my age..I have to be careful of older women..pushing those wheel chairs, toting the O2 bottles can be a chore..wears you out.

P.S. that was an attempt at humor..I know..I know..keep my day job..sigh..tough crowd. As tough as the veal is here..(bada boom)
 sugarandspiceandnice
Msg: 1276
older women younger men
Posted: 10/27/2011 1:20:18 PM
Depends on the people involved. I do not go out looking for younger men, its just that once they get to know me, they are attracted to me. I have 2 sons and I think that helps because I understand the male specics. I am not weirded out by them, feel quiet comfortable around them and they in turn around me. The Older men I have met can not keep up with me,in bed or out, they are more set in their ways, some are very hard nosed . I on the other hand am a like a breath of fresh air to the younger guys they s appreciate that I am not a drama queen, am very laid back , and can actually carry on a conversation.
I do however set limits no younger then 11 years.
 seirra98
Msg: 1277
older women younger men
Posted: 10/31/2011 8:40:25 AM
Well look at Demi Moore and Ashton...it works for awhile then he's gonna want someone his own age... I've been there done that a few times!
I can't think of one couple that it's lasted where the women is much older than the guy. Just my observations...
 free4all131220
Msg: 1278
older women younger men
Posted: 11/1/2011 7:39:43 PM
[ I was rediculed by a lot of ppl as there seems to be a double standard. Older guy with younger women, everyone slaps him on the back as says "WooHooo, you lucky Stud". ]

that may have been in the old days, but not today. I work with young college aged women all day, and I look, and flirt(although not seriously, I'm sure they're not interested in me), but if I get caught just looking at their cute little bottoms, or even just talking to them, I get labeled a pervert, definitely not stud. Of course wouldn't mind an encounter with one or two of them, but then I remember that these girls are younger than my daughter and how I'd feel about an old man hitting on her, then I revert back to the gentleman that I should be.

Oh and when someone calls me a pervert I just tell them I'm not a perv, I'm just healthy, and I'm not blind or gay, I'm just enjoying the view
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >