Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > older women younger men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 little_mermaid
Msg: 51
older women younger menPage 3 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Your not just nothing..wolverine.. I have dated both older and younger. I seem to have longest relationships with younger. Sometimes it seems older is set in ways, sometimes seem so angry at women..but don't think your nothing wolverine..that is sad. Someone for everyone irregardless of age. Age is what you make it.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 52
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:12:08 AM
Well unfortunately it seems these days age is the big factor after appearance/status. I have met many women my age who surprisingly refuse to date thier age and go younger saying all of us men in our 30's are set in our ways...then the over 40 women say the same thing that we all have baggage...and i am like really? You know nothing about me...how so do I have baggage or set in my ways without knowing who I am.
But this is the latest trends in dating I see.
And women under 30 think it is disgusting to date a man 10 years older or more...so what are we single guys in our late 30's going to do? Wait til 40? Those same women in thier 30's will be those ones in our 40's as well...
I guess the upside is, we guys overlooked for our age get to spend our money on ourselves and not the women...only positive thing I see. And the longer you are single, I will say the more you will adjust to a lifestyle and you cannot change being single, if women overlook you, a guy cannot make a woman like him. Men in thier 20's have it made nowadays, I envy these guys big time. No wonder alot are not single.
 little_mermaid
Msg: 53
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:35:31 AM
Wolverine you're a dream...you save animals and in my book that makes you HOTT!!
I don't care how old you are. WE all deserve someone..as do you.
 rainy37
Msg: 54
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:22:47 AM
I've done it twice....the first lasted almost 8 years. I loved him dearly and still miss him a great deal. The second lasted not even two years. But age at nothing to do with us breaking up in either experience. If you are both mature and work together it can last forever. I do not see myself with an older man or even one my own age. I'm 38 but look 10 years younger and love every second of it. My daughters guy friends call me MILF. He He He. I love it, so why would I want to be on the arm of an old man. I enjoy life and all it has to offer. Older men never want to do anything beyond drinking and sittin in front of the TV. Not for me. All the women who are in my category know what I'm talkin about and I say here here.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 55
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:35:37 AM
Hey thanks for calling me old...damn is 37 not young enough now for over 40 or over for 30 is it too old? So what happens when you are married, will you either dump the old guy after he hits 40 for some young stud 24 or just have affairs on him and make him think everything is all right?
Man the way you women make this older women/younge rmen sound...a guy hits 35 he is toast, 40 he is done, 45 he is dead and worthless..and damn I am almost there...ok where is the recliner and may as well be what the women stereotype us to be...can't make you relaize not all of us are like you say...generalizing is acceptable when it is towards a guy...
 rainy37
Msg: 56
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:49:03 AM
Hun, A stereotype can only become a stereotype after the majority of people make it so. It is not made up it is lived. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I know women that prefer older men. We are all different in our preferences. I don't think you are old, hell we are the same age. Age is a state of mind. Maybe you just need a long hard look at yourself. And by the way, none of us needs to be a spouse to feel self worth. Be happy with yourself and everything else will fall into place just when you've least expected it to. Please don't resort to the couch, you would only be adding to that stereotype and proving it true.
 rainy37
Msg: 57
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:52:03 AM
And no.... I would not throw a relationship away just because I think he's getting old. You're not getting the point. Love is important to me and I would never stray.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 58
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:55:02 AM
{Hun, A stereotype can only become a stereotype after the majority of people make it so. It is not made up it is lived. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I know women that prefer older men. We are all different in our preferences. I don't think you are old, hell we are the same age. Age is a state of mind. Maybe you just need a long hard look at yourself. And by the way, none of us needs to be a spouse to feel self worth. Be happy with yourself and everything else will fall into place just when you've least expected it to. Please don't resort to the couch, you would only be adding to that stereotype and proving it true}

I agree with most of what you said. I agree with that one shouldn't feel less worth if they aren't married and stuff like that. There is nothing wrong with a younger woman if she wants , to date an older man. I am surprised that this even became such an issues years ago, I mean just be yourself and just be cool.

As long as there is TRUE LOVE then it may work out.

By True love i don't mean dating or using someone for their money or looks, and having either of those things be the primary or one of the primary things that are important there, because thats NOT true love. It goes for both genders, lets all be accepting and love another person for the magic they can radiate from their inner self. We'd all be happier in our dating/love lives.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 59
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:04:49 PM
Sad thing is, so many women over 30 use the age factor and alot refuse to date a man in his 30's basing it on a handful of guys they may have had a bad experience with.
I mean when i used to generalize from my bad luck women friends kept saying not to be that way and that not all are this way...yet it seems so natural to say ALL men are this way at this age...and me being a decent 37 yr old man who has more to offer than a 24 yr old, sure I may get bashed for that comment but so waht, it annoys me to be overlooked because I am at a certain age where ALL men get set in thier ways...and how is a guy to date someone when women under 30 think it is disgusting to date a guy that much older than her...and women his age or older go for much younger? Doesn't leave much for a guy my age to look forward to then does it...not saying just me but alot of single men my age..
 rainy37
Msg: 60
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:12:38 PM
I think you have some other deeper issues. Are you a man that has been terribly hurt? Show us a pic. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. There was a time when I felt I'd never search for love again. But I have healed....time can do that. My sister lives in Misissauga, I'll be heading up there for a visit. Ya wanna go on a date? Then you can say you dated an older woman. He He He. Hang in there. There is someone for everyone.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 61
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:24:38 PM
Love it...let's go, I am next door in T.O. we can meet up downtown for sure...
No deeprer issues and who has not been hurt by this age I mena come on now..all you need to do after getting hurt is have a few and then feel good.
Ok more like
No just wonder why so many women stereotype men and get away with it but if men do that about women, you bet we get an ear full.
But I agree it is about time the tables turned..been so long that men always dated younger women now it is women and younge rmen...no sense in me caring...I figure just a bad timing to be single for now...
Now if only those sweet 24 year olds would say ok then fine...ahh but that would be considered wrong...damn to be a guy in his 20's again...man we never had it made like these guys do...
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 62
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 2:53:31 PM
I think age is just a number in most instances. It depends totally on the two people involved. I use to avoid younger men. It seems however that mostly younger men are attracted to me..or men that are far too old. I'm still young at heart and I'm told I look younger than my age so...whatever floats someone's boat. If both are agreeable..go for it. Besides, men have been doing it for years!
 m3xtreme88
Msg: 63
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 10:35:31 PM
i am VERY interested in older mature women... especially the moms .. well if theirs anyone out there that likes the younger guys hit me up
 little_mermaid
Msg: 64
older women younger men
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:34:40 PM
Why are you interested in older women most especially the moms?
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 65
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 5:23:38 AM

Besides, men have been doing it for years!

So is this comment meant to be aimed at us current men as a message saying "Sorry guys you are going to pay the price for the men before you"

I mean ya so men have been doing it for years dating young women, does that mean time to shaft the men of today as revenge?
hey as i say to all the many women who use the same bs excuse to not date me...Not my loss, definitely yours...regardless if I will stay single forever if that happens...
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 66
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:00:48 AM
And again someone is misinterpreting the written word. I don't date younger men for revenge...lol..infact...I prefer men my age. I just don't discriminate anymore. That is all I was saying. Like men through the ages, I am more willing to accept dating a younger man (30 and above) IF he's mature and we are both agreeable. That's all.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 67
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:13:35 AM
I was not insinuating anyone specific was out for revenge, I figure as times change and generations do, lots of times people look at how things went and go against the grain sort of speaking. So then alot of people do it and it becomes the norm to do. 15 years ago an older woman dating a younger guy was not as common..now it is what most women 30 and up prefer...and when it becomes a preference...then that spells trouble for us men who put oursleves out there hoping we can succeed and then find being our age is a downfall...
When I was in my 20's I never heard women say men in thier 40's are all fat, balding (which some have no way of controling), do nothing and become out of shape etc. Now that is all i read and hear..so then when you tell women you are not like that at say 45, they say ya whatever...and love those youthful looking men under 30..
I mean I am 37 and I cannot compete with any guy under 30..there is no way...so it is a losing situation more so...can always try but the odds are against men in thier 30's now...
 shylady74
Msg: 68
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:43:00 PM
I prefer men not boys, so I only date men older than me.
 Just Me:
Msg: 69
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:00:34 PM
Arghhh...I'm struggling with that right now. He's 13 years younger then me, but an absolute sweetheart. He says he doesn't care how old I am. He's much more considerate, attentive, sweet, caring, totally takes care of me moreso then older guys I've dated...how can you not go with it...my only justification is that we're happy when we're hanging out...so why end something if it makes you happy, right?!? And he actually wants to take the time to get to know each other and not push anything. He has the maturity and sensibility of an older person, but the fun, innocence and energy of a younger person...but 13 years younger...DOH!! It seems the older you get...the wider the gap. What do you do?
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 70
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:40:00 PM
^^^^Dig some holes in the ground and toss all us older guys in them and that way there is nothing but great, swet, hot young guys?
 Just Me:
Msg: 71
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 6:48:45 PM
^^^Nah, not necessary. I hear the really young girls like older guys. So, there is still some use for you guys. So, it all kinda works out in the end.
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 72
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:22:18 PM
What?? They think it is disgusting, so no it does not work out in the end...the young girls like the attention of an older guy is all...but they won't date one...so us guys lose out completely cuz nowadays women in thier 30's and 40's do not want a guy in thier 30's...So what do we do?
 Just Me:
Msg: 73
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:24:42 PM
Wasn't there a time when it was the older women that had trouble dating b/ the older guys preferred younger women...
 RabidWolverine
Msg: 74
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 7:26:46 PM
And now me and the others are to pay the price of our past elders..nice to know that...if that is how life is to be lived....what a sad dating scene as that is just sugarcoating "revenge" just making it look like times have changed
So because in the 60's older men dated younge rwomen, it is time for the men of today to lose out and sit back and watch
 Euro_Canadian
Msg: 75
older women younger men
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:18:35 PM
I have dated 2 older women one was 10 years older and the other was 15 years older, it seems I get the older ones hitting on me then the younger ones these days..lol.. no complaints!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > older women younger men