Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 1479
Looks like the most popular threadPage 37 of 83    (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63)
In terms of dating, my general age limit is about 10 years. Although I did briefly date a woman that was 12 years older than me. The reasons why it ended had nothing to do with the age difference. If I was looking for a FWB / casual relationship, then age is not a big factor. I had a FWB relationship with a 46 year woman when I was 28.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 1480
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 12/22/2014 8:10:01 PM

Women who only go after young have self entitlment issues

I date mostly younger men, usually within 5 -7 yrs younger than myself. It has NOTHING to do with self entitlement issues and everything to do with lifestyle issues. I'm extremely active and fit, I do crossfit 5 times a week, run and weights several days a week, I hike, climb mountains (just summited the volcano here in WA State last month), paddle boarding, I still go to clubs, drink and crawl into bed at 4 am amongst other activities. I stay still long enough to sleep in other words. There aren't many people over the age of 40 that can handle that type of lifestyle. The men who are working out with me, climbing mountains with me are in their 20's 30's. Younger guys understand when I say I have to be at Crossfit class at 6 am or why I don't eat hamburgers and french fries. They appreciate me for who I am because their out there living life with me not the value I bring being their eye candy on his arm as their co-workers whisper how he must have paid me, this younger gorgeous girl, to show up with him to dinner.

Everyone has their preferences and I'm fine with that. I see guys on here all the time that only date 10+ years younger and I have no issue with it. I think it should go both ways however. Women shouldn't be condemned for doing what men have been doing for centuries.

Younger men contact me for sex all the time - but so do men my age, so there is no difference.

That's true. They all want sex. I will also say that many men in their 40's are less likely to get back into a relationship since many of them just got out of long term marriages and usually have young children at least that's been my experience anyway.
 daynadaze
Msg: 1481
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 12/22/2014 10:17:48 PM
Personally, unless you are a young adult, I don't find dating someone 5-7 years younger as dating younger men/women. That's a pretty close age range, to me dating younger would be when they are over 10 years younger and even then, you are in the 40 age range, dating someone 30 seems pretty much like dating in your same range. Now 15 or more and you've reached an area where as you get older, it really will make a difference. Of course, to each his own.
 ozsealady1
Msg: 1482
older women younger men
Posted: 12/22/2014 10:27:58 PM
Most of the men I have dated have been younger than me.
My husband of 23 years was 11 days younger than me.

The age range all through my adult life has been +/- 25 years.

Yes when I was in my 20's I dated a man 25 years my senior and in my 50's I have dated a man 25 years my junior.
My first real boyfriend was 9 years older than me.
Dated a man for a couple of years since my divorce who was 19 years younger than me.
And yes.. he approached me in real life.

Preference???
Close to the same age is my preference.
We have more life experiences in common.
 south_city
Msg: 1483
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 7:54:06 AM
I will also say that many men in their 40's are less likely to get back into a relationship since many of them just got out of long term marriages and usually have young children at least that's been my experience anyway.

In my experience, that can also apply to some middle aged women in the same circumstances. One possible difference is that these women may be more selective in terms of looks. They are primarily looking for sex with a man that they considered to be extremely attractive. Thus her sex partner often ends up being younger than she is.
 MommasLittleBoy
Msg: 1484
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 8:47:44 AM

older women younger men

This combination works for me and has always provided me the nurturing I need.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1485
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:33:56 AM
My 2 cents worth. Everyone, as they get older, would like to re-live their youth. This would include dating that hot young person that you used to be able to attract, back when you were young.

The older woman (and I don’t mean OLD), if she has worked hard to retain her figure, and is blessed with the right genes, can still have a younger man.

I myself am quite willing to date any attractive woman, no matter her age. But I am old, and overweight, and no longer “hot” by any definition. The women my age (60s) who are attractive to me all seem to be looking for younger and hotter, and I don’t blame them.

I have much better luck with women in their 40s and 50s who have a “few extra pounds”. The men in their age bracket are all avoiding them, going only for the slender women. I find a woman with a pretty face and long beautiful hair, even though overweight, to be much more attractive than a more slender woman with shorter hair and an entitled disposition.

Everything is relative, and you have to figure out what will work for you. I date because I’m interested in sex. If I were to find the right woman, it might turn into a lot more, no guarantees, but it has happened before. Many of the women my age, I look at them and would rather just stay home and watch the game on TV. And I’m sure many of them feel the same way about me! (smile)

But if you will widen your horizons, think outside of the box, try something you haven’t tried before (older, younger, bigger, smaller, outside of your own race, whatever), you just might have better luck. In the meantime, I do not criticize anyone for their choices. If two people can get together and make each other happy, more power to you!

This is the 21st century, we are finally learning to accept LGBT relationships, why should a few years difference in age upset anyone? Get over it, leave others alone, and concentrate on finding someone for yourself!
 CTRLvector
Msg: 1486
older women younger men
Posted: 12/25/2014 10:44:41 AM
Im all for it, and I used my own brain to figure that out.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 1487
older women younger men
Posted: 3/28/2015 5:49:43 PM
So...apparently there is little debate that it is ok if there is a 5-7 year age difference. Dating a woman that many years older than you, at least in my experience, isn't really dating an "older woman". Even 10 years is pretty much same generation.

What about a woman dating a man, 20+ years younger? I am thinking as in Burt Reynolds and Dina Shore kind of thing?

Possible?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 1488
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 3/28/2015 5:55:29 PM
wow Ozsealady

11 days younger!! You cradle snatcher you!! I have dated younger and older and it just depends on the chemistry and what you have in common. But I think anything more than say 10-15 years is too wide a gap if the guy is younger. Although I know those who have relationships with that gap I have yet to see them actually marry when the guy is younger. There is probably a strong nurturing component when the guy is quite a bit younger. Like a mother figure thing which is fine because we all know about the father figure thing.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 1489
older women younger men
Posted: 3/28/2015 6:07:33 PM

because we all know about the father figure thing.

oh c'mon. a mature woman has already raised her kids.

Maybe that the younger man sees an older lady as a maternal figure, I doubt if it is the other way aroun
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 1490
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:27:58 AM
The oldest I've ever been with was 11 years older than me.

When I was 40, I did have a 60 year old hit on me, which is of course a twenty year difference. The funny part is, it was my mother's best friend who's known me since the day I was born.
 Dee4166
Msg: 1491
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:45:57 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ewwww....sorry man, I just don't think I could 'get it up' for a man who I knew when he was in diapers!!! LOL

But if I DIDN'T know him then, and he's hot, I would and have had sex with a couple who were anywhere from 7-20 yrs. younger....

But that's sex, and for the most part, what they may have lacked in 'skill', they made up for in 'energy'!

For a relationship though, I wouldn't go any younger than say 10 yrs. as you then start getting into another generations cultural references, mores, and behaviours....

I just can't relate to someone who prefers playing video games to going to a comedy club say, or someone who has never been in a library as an adult. lol

And just the difference in ideas and attitudes of someone who wasn't even ALIVE when there WEREN'T personal computers??? BEFORE the internet????

Well...don't get me started!!! lmao
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 1492
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 5:06:59 PM

Ewwww....sorry man, I just don't think I could 'get it up' for a man who I knew when he was in diapers!!! LOL

I know what you mean. I remember when the Olsen twins from "Full House" were approaching legal age, dirty old men worldwide were going apeshit over them. I didn't get it, at all.

I thought to myself "damn, they probably still smell like pee."

But yeah, if I can remember you in diapers, it's an image that could never go away even if I wanted it to. Not good.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1493
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 6:04:24 PM
Isn't one of the twins dating a guy old enuff to be her Grandpa? She always looks scares
 tgif111
Msg: 1494
older women younger men
Posted: 4/4/2015 6:19:47 PM
^^^^^^Mary-Kate Olsen & Olivier Sarkozy

she's 28 and he's 45 but looks at least 55. she looks unwashed, hair greasy, always smoking a cigarette.
he's the half brother of Nicolaus Sarkozy former president of France.

the woman i'm seeing right now puts Mary Kate to shame.
as a matter of fact all the women on the last several pages puts Mary Kate to shame.

in my early 30's I was seeing a woman in her 60's.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 1495
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/5/2015 5:36:23 AM
an age gap of up to 15 years can be viable but once you get into 20-30 years difference, has to be a parental thing and I think not entirely healthy. Tend not to last long from what I have observed. Especially when the woman is older.
 cooldog65
Msg: 1496
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/5/2015 6:46:41 AM
Nothing wrong with it at all, as long as you're not a schoolteacher with your student. It's become an epidemic lately.
 tgif111
Msg: 1497
older women younger men
Posted: 4/5/2015 7:05:57 AM
on the same note:

after she graduated from Brookfield High School here, we had a female student marry an older teacher. I do not know if they dated while she was a student. I remember she had an epileptic seizure in school and he carried her to the nurse's office in his arms while she was in seizure.

they were married until he died and were known to be devoted to each other.
of course, this was in another time period, the early 70's.
 daynadaze
Msg: 1498
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/5/2015 10:17:27 AM
I just can't get into it, I've seen plenty of younger men I thought were attractive but not in that way, it's just a non-start for me. When I was younger I married a man 8 years older, which 8 years older now seems like nothing but I was 16, for me, that's creepy. I once dated a man 18 years older when I was in my early 30, that turned out to be very creepy, not his age but him. He went around telling people I was 10 years older than I am and tried to make me dress like his age group. My second husband was a few years younger. Mostly I've dated in the same age range, I don't see young men as sexual, they remind me of my kids, my mind just does not go there. My mother was married for 26 years to a man 2 years younger than me, 25 years younger than her, it was the weirdest relationship, watching my mother be a mommy to this grown man when she'd never been much of a mommy to me and my older brother, it was pretty sickening. The whole thing was creepy and ended badly despite what some might think of 26 years being a success.
 CharminC
Msg: 1499
older women younger men
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:15:55 PM
It's funny how the mind/feelings of a person works. How you, Dayna, feel towards younger men is how I feel towards older men.
I am much more comfortable with younger men. Always have been since I turned mid twenties. Their age has never been an issue for me whereas with an older man, I feel creeped out. Strange I know! But it's just the way it is.
Granted though, I stopped when I turned 40. I will no longer be with anyone under 40. I'm really trying to open my mind to older men. After all, I am in their age group! Fair is fair.
Because I still am in contact with some of the young exes, I'll admit sometimes I catch myself thinking, maybe one more time, but no. I will accept how things are now. That is MY feeling. I am finding myself more and more drawn to older men. Grey hair is sexy :P

Everyone is different.
I find this uniqueness so interesting.
Whenever I'm out watching people and see couples. The huge variety in who loves who. It's fascinating! Heartwarming even because as discrimination is dissolving more and more nowadays, there is no limit. Anyone can be with anyone they choose. The only thing I care about (given that it is within reason, I mean no pedos please) is that they do so with honesty, love and respect. :)
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 1500
older women younger men
Posted: 4/5/2015 9:53:57 PM

Well, a woman has a lot less appendage to 'get up', though! Lesser than a male in diapers -- unless she's one of those 'over-sized' types that one sees in particular videos...

I would and have had sex with a couple who were anywhere from 7-20 yrs. younger....

Wow! You wouldn't do an adult if you saw them in their diapers from over 20 years ago -- but you'd have sex with a couple that are 7-20 years younger. Very interesting tastes! ;)

But that's sex, and for the most part, what they may have lacked in 'skill', they made up for in 'energy'!

Well, to be fair -- not much 'skill' is really required; just caring to get it down pat. It's a game of checkers, not chess.

Because I still am in contact with some of the young exes, I'll admit sometimes I catch myself thinking, maybe one more time, but no. I will accept how things are now. That is MY feeling.

No! Give in to the Dark Side! :)

I am much more comfortable with younger men. Always have been since I turned mid twenties. Their age has never been an issue for me whereas with an older man, I feel creeped out.

I'm confused. You FEEL creeped out by older men, but...

I will no longer be with anyone under 40. I'm really trying to open my mind to older men.

So you're basically trying to go for guys you're either Close to being creeped out about (ie not many years from being older) -- or Are creeped out about (being older)?

I am finding myself more and more drawn to older men. Grey hair is sexy :P

Really? How about guys in their 20s and 30s who have gray hair? Tell a younger ex to wear gray hair -- I think that would open up a "one more time", right? :)

Personally, I do think gray hair CAN look sexy -- but not when it's a reflection of the rest of their looks of being Aged. Hence, that's why gals dye their hair (and I use Just For Men; early gray can be genetic). But even gray hair then doesn't mean it's sexy -- IMO, it just Can be.

When it comes to casual dating -- I don't care about age. At all. I always liked older gals in my 20s (with them being 30-to-mid-40s). It was just that the older they were, there was a lesser % that were well kept to be attractive, is all. But, I guess same goes for any age range past college age. Nowadays I'm more open-minded when it comes to age -- as I've realized, starting from my early 20s, that gals in their early 30s to mid 40s weren't night-and-day different in persona. When it came to casual dating, the emphasis was on Attraction & just free-time compatibility. But I always never wanted or aimed for an LTR with a woman who was 10+ years older than myself. Which made me think about women -- why would they want aim for LTRs with Older men when they themselves are of a ripe age already, but wouldn't consider younger men for anything more than a roll in the hay (if he mutually wanted more than that)? I would think, when looking forward toward a possible LTR, when a gal is 50, she'd rather have a guy be 40-something than 60-something or close to it. Wouldn't he lose that "able-ness" at an older age when the gal herself still has it some?
 CharminC
Msg: 1501
older women younger men
Posted: 4/5/2015 10:03:30 PM

I'm confused. You FEEL creeped out by older men, but...

I made a boo boo. Opps
Felt.. it should have said I felt creeped out. Pass tense
Pardon moi

How about guys in their 20s and 30s who have gray hair? Tell a younger ex to wear gray hair -- I think that would open up a "one more time", right? :)

Funny you should say that. The last two men I met up with were younger than me by a few years and both had quite a few greys in their hair. I would joke that they are older than me :P But it agrees with them, the greys brought out the "sexy" in them :)
As for the much younger ones... sweetie, it wasn't their hair that attracted me lol. NOPE ... not the hair :P
 Blackwood85
Msg: 1502
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 4/6/2015 2:51:16 PM
I'm attracted to older women but I've never dated anyone significantly older, my last two ex-GF's were both 3 and 4 years older than I was but I was also 19 when I started dating the first one and 21 when I started dating the other one. While the youngest girl I ever dated (albeit briefly) was 5 years younger than me. She was 22 and I was 27. It gets annoying when a woman is only a few years older than I am but acts like she's robbing the cradle. I'm sorry but I'm 29 going 30, 32-35 isn't exactly Mrs. Robinson to me.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 1503
older women younger men
Posted: 4/7/2015 10:35:25 AM

The last two men I met up with were younger than me by a few years and both had quite a few greys in their hair. .... it wasn't their hair that attracted me lol. NOPE ... not the hair :P

It was a certain spot where they shaved the hairs that did? ;)

What I don't get though is once one's solidly in their 30s and up -- why does it matter if someone's a few years younger? You're essentially the same age in the grand scheme. By that time, I don't see how the "I only date older women" or "I only date older men" comes into play. For instance: Guy @38yo dates a gal who's 41, but pshaws a gal who's 35. I would say the gal who's 35 isn't going to be "less mature" than he or the 41yo because she's 35, if that's the alleged Reason for his targeted age hunt.

If anything, once one gets settled into adulthood age (35+), I would think they'd want someone younger but still 35+, if they're hunting & looking forward toward LTR. When in my mid-late 20s I dated a gal who was 41. She was attractive and had a lot going for her -- but when I thought about it -- when I'm 37, she'll be 51. Wait a sec, I may not like this... If I was 37 and she was 44, that'd be one thing. But another jump up on top of that? I would feel that there would be a Subtracted time, like by 10 years, of active couplehood. I wouldn't want to be breaking 40 while she's going thru menopause and other old-lady stuff. I would imagine a gal breaking 40 wouldn't want to be in an LTR where the guy is Old with his man-meat deflated, etc. I've finagled with gals in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, when I've been in my 20s and 30s. How "mature" they are isn't so much by age as it's cracked up to be. I think we all hold onto that when we get older to have a positive against those more youthful... when really, IMO there's no shortage of people lacking 'maturity' compared to those much older when they're in their later 20s and up.

In the moment or something not LTR? Age is just a number. For LTR? Age reflects, to some varying degree on a case by case basis, how "long" more active/'youthful'/fun years you'd have with the person. I can see why someone older would like someone younger, for both genders. A couple years difference though doesn't really mean anything except a social thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >