Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > older women younger men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NomadicOne
Msg: 161
older women younger menPage 4 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I've not read all 2785 pages of replies yet,....hehe, so maybe I exaggerated that number a bit,....but I was curious how my story holds up re: age difference.

I was in a rental situation in which the landlady decided she wanted a bit more than rent. I was 30, she was 54,....which is 4 years older than my mother.

ewwww,....now that I think about it :D

I probably wouldn't go more than 10 years older now,....
 notyettaken
Msg: 164
older women with younger men
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:14:40 AM
I am with you Gold locks, younger guys just look like kids to me and there is no attraction there. I will just stick with older men who are "more experienced". Sitting around playing playstation all day doesnt sound like to much fun to me!!
 sweetashoneyb
Msg: 166
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:08:22 AM
well let me see... i'm 50 and was was living with a guy 36 for 2 yrs, before that i was with a guy 37.yea, i figure if it's ok for a man to be with a younger woman if they are consenting adults and mature enough ,why not.
 sweetashoneyb
Msg: 167
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:20:33 AM
does not compute is right. i'm afraid to ask a guy who is 42 what is old to him or what is older?
 sexymama67
Msg: 171
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/28/2006 12:07:22 AM
i-think-i-was-talking-with-the-same-18y-old-I-told-him-I-have-a-17year-old-son-and-he-still-tried. Would-of-been-to-weird. But,-i ve-always-dated-younger-guys-and-enjoy-them.I-still-keep-an-open-mind-when-meeting-anyone-no-matter-what-age-they-are.A-mature-young-man-makes-all-the-difference-in-this-type-of-experience.But-beware-of-the-players.
 kuku3kuku
Msg: 173
older women younger men
Posted: 5/28/2006 3:51:27 PM
What's there to feel? It's sexual relationship. The relationship itself is meaningless. LTR on the other hand is different. Older ladies tends to settle for younger guys for two things, either as a sex toy/trophy or reliving the old flame. That's a shame. Personally I don't think within 5 to 7 years range should matter. My grandparents are from a culture where 13 year old boy gets married to 25 years old woman, and think that is normal. (reason being war, man dies earlier, etc etc.)

But what do I know. I never had the pleasure of courting with older women.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 174
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/29/2006 10:54:20 PM
I think there are all sorts of different situations and possibilities in regards to this subject and so it is possible for age to be totally irrelevant.
After trying the online line dating thing, sticking to my age group, for 4 years without much success to speak of, it was very odd that fate (not the computer) brought a guy half my age into my life, and with him I ended up having the sweetest time I've ever had with a man in my whole life.
we are extremely compatible, in every way..mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually which I have never found in one partner before, but I think that has everything to do with who he is as an individual and who i am, we're both oddballs ....and it's just a freaky fit.

in alot of ways, he's more mature than most guys I have ever encountered, and he's more honest and open and sweet too.
i was surprised too.
he's the last guy I would have thought could thrill me to the core, and believe me...I have given many men my age the opportuinty to do so, and they have really come up short.
I too have found many men my age to be too set in their ways, and not very willing to open up and be warm and real.
 Ochun36
Msg: 177
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:23:13 AM
They try to paint us as dirty old men that are so set in our ways that we will make any young females life misserable and unfortunatly the young females fall for this crap hook line and sinker.

Do you really want a woman that is so easily persuaded not to be with you??? How about giving these young women some credit. I'm sure they can all think for themselves. Perhaps it's that they don't want an older man but someone closer to their age. I know that when I was younger and was looking for someone to start a family with, I never looked at someone 20 years older then me. I wanted someone that I could build a family with and grow older with, not someone that I watched turn into an old man while I still was relatively young. What I'm use to seeing in my neck of the woods is young women that hook up with old men to secure themselves and then take young lovers behind their backs. I could never do that to someone and I'm sure you don't want that done to you.

What I have also seen is GOOD women dumped by their husbands because they have suddenly begun to age (gasp). These women want their share of happiness as well. So who are they supposed to date when all they see is men that are bitter like yourself.

Plus, why do you care what the older woman does? From your profile I gathered that you aren't interested in us any way. So why does it offend you that an older woman would chose to date someone younger then herself? Interesting, you don't want us but you don't want anyone else to have us either.
 Ochun36
Msg: 179
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:51:51 AM
I never said that there weren't bitter women around here. I've seen a ton of them as well. But by the same token, they are this way because??????? Bingo!! Because of men. The whole what came first argument. It's rather sad because the truth of the matter is, this way of thinking isn't making us any happier human beings. At some point we are going to have to come to terms with these issues and move past them.

Now as for why it's been difficult for you to get a younger woman. It's rather ridiculous to use the whole it's because of the older woman brain wash argument. Damn I didn't even know that I was so powerful that I could actually brainwash a WHOLE group of people to get them to do what I want.

People are entitled to have their preferences and if the young women that you have contacted don't respond back favorably it's because YOU aren't what they want at this moment in their lives. Painful but true. Happens all the time, all you have to say is NEXT!! Eventually you will get what is intended for you.
 Ochun36
Msg: 182
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 9:51:58 AM
you have not accomplished this on your own... this has been done by media and 30 years of brainwashing by feminists that have built up the missbelief that cougering is the way to go and men are disposible creatures with no feelings.

Well the feminist did take it a bit too far. But as the saying goes "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." I understand the need for equality among men and women and I will always encourage a woman to educate herself and secure a position for herself in whatever field calls to her. It's dangerous in our day and age of disposable partners to place your financial security in the hands of another human being. The world is full of displaced housewives, women who stayed home to raise the kids and were later discarded in favor of a newer model. Some of these women were lucky in that they manage to get some kind of settlement in which to live out their later years but the majority were not and today they find themselves exisiting off of welfare. If you could call that an existence.

That, I believe was the call of the feminist movement, a call of Empowerment for women. Sadly there were those that had their hidden agendas that tarnished this great movement and used it to emasculate men. I don't agree with those type of ideals. I believe a man should be strong, I believe he should be the protector of his family. I believe that men should help raise their kids and teach them morals and values. But I don't believe that men should view women as their property to do with them as they choose. Unfortunately there was alot of that going on as well.

As for the cougars. Many of them are those discarded women that I'm talking about. Unfortunately we live in a society that is vicious to aging women. Which is rather humorous because it isn't as if we are this totally different species from outer space. We all age and unless these young women that you covet all drop dead at 35 they are going to become us one day. :-) That's life.

So now we have these women that want to feel sexy and desirable, because contradictory to what some would like to believe, the older woman still has a hell of alot of passion within her. What are we suppose to do with these needs, when we are constantly told that we have no right to feel them. So along comes the younger man, that shows interest in her, that makes her feel alive and desirable. Where do you think she is going to gravitate towards?

Are these ideal relationships?? Are they all sexual in nature??? Who knows. I think that all depends on each individual case, but if it can give her some moments of happiness then who am I to stand in judgement. Personally, I'm very attracted to men my age and slightly older, but if they aren't showing any interested, I'm not adversed to looking at someone younger.
 deflection
Msg: 185
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 11:34:12 AM
I was out of the dating scene for 20 years, then 2 years ago started dating again. The first thing that shocked me was the number of 20 somethings that keep hitting on me, in real life as well as online.
It would be easy to become a couger.
The other thing that shocked me was the number of men my age that have AGED. Let their health go, gotten huge beer bellies... now dont get me wrong, I have aged too.. but geez.
Again, it would be easy to become a couger.
But... always... cant think of the young things as more than just toys.... cant imagine a relationship with a kid. Then again, most of them are lookin to be toys...
 damselinnodistress
Msg: 186
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:52:05 PM
I don't care how young or old you are. If on our own, for any length of time, arent we all set in our ways a bit? Have our routine? That's not necessarily a bad thing in my eyes and certainly doesn't mean we're boring. Do I want to throw all caution to the wind and jump out of a plane? No... but I am sure there are other age groups who wouldn't jump at that chance either (no pun intended) . I don't have to live on the edge to feel happy and fulfilled. I think it comes down to the personality you seek and not the age so much. Youth does not always equal youthfullness, same as age doesn't equate to being old.
 Risking it...
Msg: 187
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 7:00:35 PM
Floats my boat...

FullMoonWisdom
Msg: 188
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 7:13:19 PM
It all "Boils Down To" personal choice! Whether you are attracted to someone older (or younger) than you is something for each person to decide for themselves. For me, I am attracted to younger and older woman alike. However, as far as personal choice.....normally I prefer women that are either older or relatively the same age as me.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 189
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 11:29:20 PM
as i said before, which it seems a few of you never even bothered to read (won't name names, when you're done with your woman bashing perhaps you'll actually read what us women are saying)..i tried for 4 years to date guys my age... and generally speaking, i found most to be too hung up on their income status, also real gun shy about relationships in general, bent about alimony and child support payments and unresolved anger with their ex's, and their manners towards me at times have been down right rude.
frankly alot of them seemed really immature emotionally.

i was in it for the long haul with my ex. (2 years younger than me)
we spent 18 years together before he left me 4 years ago for a 31 year old bbw.
since then i feel i have gone thru every bizarre experience one could imagine with all kinds of men all ages.
i am a very different kind of woman and i am looking for a very different kind of man for a real and deep realtionship.
and a real relationship is rare to come by from any age group it seems with me being the age i am.
to have a realtionship, i think you actually have to see the person more than once a month....another typical scenario of the online dating scene probably because there's the mentality that possibly there's someone more interesting around the corner....so in my experience, i was lucky if i got a call every other week from a guy who was supposedly interested.

the 24 year old i still have such a great time with was the first guy in 4 years who actually wanted to be with me alot...to spend lots of time and we have fun together.
why the older guys held me so far away at arms length? you tell me.
so in that i haven't met a man yet (where the chemistry was hapening) that wanted to have a real ltr...no matter what his age....what the he!!, the young ones seem to appreciate me ALOT more than the older ones have.
and i think it's pretty natural to go where it feels the nicest, so what's with all the judging?
seems really bitter.
you know how many times i've been dumped? ignored? left for dead?
too many times to count.
not one of those men had the balls to tell me the truth either. they just vanish.....
the 24 year old has treated me better than any man ever has.
go figure!!?!
i could be bitter about it all....i choose not to be and that positive choice creates sweet energies in me which seems to make me more attractive by the day.
life is magical.
if you see it that way.
i go with the flow....it's more pleasant that way.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 190
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/30/2006 11:34:48 PM
ps
it's about being compatible really. that's what matters most. that elusive and fantastic chemistry.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 192
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 8:26:33 AM
wolverine dude
you don't seem to be hearing anyone but yourself...the men i was attracted to in my age group weren't into an ltr any more than the young dudes. and the young ones have treated me nicer...are way more appreciative.
i really think your crumby attitude towards women may have alot more to do with your lack of success with them than your age.
just my opinion tho.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 194
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 9:49:41 AM
I never said that there weren't bitter women around here. I've seen a ton of them as well. But by the same token, they are this way because??????? Bingo!! Because of men. The whole what came first argument. It's rather sad because the truth of the matter is, this way of thinking isn't making us any happier human beings. At some point we are going to have to come to terms with these issues and move past them.

Now as for why it's been difficult for you to get a younger woman. It's rather ridiculous to use the whole it's because of the older woman brain wash argument. Damn I didn't even know that I was so powerful that I could actually brainwash a WHOLE group of people to get them to do what I want.

People are entitled to have their preferences and if the young women that you have contacted don't respond back favorably it's because YOU aren't what they want at this moment in their lives. Painful but true. Happens all the time, all you have to say is NEXT!! Eventually you will get what is intended for you.

As far as why women are bitter, you said it's because men??????That may be sometimes the case if there is bad behaviour or he's being in ***hole but thats not always the case , soemtimes they are bitter because of some other reason and it's never fair to say it's the other genders fault.

Why would women in YOUR view be bitter with men? Just wondering.

By teh way the major reason I find younger men liking older women atleast from MY OWN personal point of view is that sometimes SOME the women our own age are alittle onm the judgmental and shallow side and we want to find soemone who will accept us for us and not judge us and just find soemone who is more mature and who we feel can accept us fro us and not judge us. Thats the main reason.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 196
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 10:00:12 AM
i really think your crumby attitude towards women may have alot more to do with your lack of success with them than your age.
just my opinion tho.

It's statments like that that are just uncalled for and ignorant and uncaring for others.

Instead of showing compassion like any real human being would you move on to another insult and attack at him. I think based on how is talking talking he doesn't need you to say stuff like that but instead try to help him? and maybe give some GOOD and LOGICAL advice as opposed to being apathertic to him and people like him.

Lets try to put ourselves in another person shoes before opening an attack on them.!!!!

What disturbes me is how people try to justify their actions and they are really not getting anywhere with them. Many of their arguments sound self-centred, ignorant, apathetic, selfish hypocritic, double standarding or manipulating.

We cannot go on putting others down in ANY way and keep doing it without putting ourselves in their shoes and seeing things how they see it. I just don't like the double standard and hypocrisy and selfish judgmentalism. No wonder our societioes are getting more and more corrupt.

Ratero-park-man
Msg: 198
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 10:10:08 AM
A guy in his late 30's dating a woman in her early 20's, called a pervert, why? So a woman in her late 30's dating a guy in his early 20's is acceptable? Why?

If that is the case then a woman in the same position would be maybe considered the same? That would be consistent right?

But either way, here is my view, If there is TRUE love (non materialistic , not based on physical appearance or even sex) if there is TRUE love then it don't matter what age you are, as long as you two can keep things together and you click on an emotional and psychological level and even spiritual. Thats why I ussually am into older women because I do expect more maturity and less shallowness from them. I want to be accepted for me and not judged unfairly.

People who manipulate others i feel SHOULD NOT BE DATING because they are wasting other peoples time and their own.
 deflection
Msg: 199
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 10:47:41 AM
wow, if wolverine and cybury are representative of men over 35, I think I may be lookin younger afterall.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 201
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 10:59:04 AM
The older you get the older and more mature you should act, it's just that simple. We progress and get older for a reason to age with grace and maturity NOT to get worse.
 deflection
Msg: 202
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:08:58 AM
seriously, Im still lookin in my agegroup... but wow, you sure are bitter... gotta say thats one of the most unattractive attitudes I've come up against.
 deflection
Msg: 204
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:27:06 AM
thats the thing... I wasnt disagreeing... for me, Im still lookin in my agegroup... Im just finding your bitterness in this thread unappealing...
 Ochun36
Msg: 206
older women younger men
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:46:05 AM
Cybury,

Are you really looking for women like me or Sorsha?? The 40's clan. Because from your profile it doesn't look like it.

"Although I would like to meet someone between the ages of 26 and 36, age is no restriction."

Younger women then us are your preference so I'm assuming those are the women that are rejecting you and giving you a hard time. You need to take it up with them and ask them why they don't want to date you.

Now as for the older women. I know a TON of women that are dying to find and date men their own age. Myself included. But just like you, they are being passed up because guys their age think they have too much baggage, are jaded, boring, ugly, wrinkled, old etc.. Do you know how disheartening it is when you see someone that you think might like to meet and you click the little profile button only to see that they want someone 20 years younger then you.

You want to know why older women are bitter. It's because we are constantly told that we are disposable. That because we can no longer pop out a kid or two, we have very little value. This is 2006 for Godsakes!!! And don't give me the crap that it's genetic. Did you ever see what early woman looked like. If that were the case we would all be trolling the zoo trying to mate with gorillas.

Many of us have had really bad experiences with men. It's sad but that's life. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, but yet we want to start again and we still have the hope of finding a life partner. It's really hard to come out of an experience in which you are betrayed but alot of us have done it, only to be told sorry there is no second chance for you. I just read a thread on another forum that a 47 year old woman has resigned herself to being alone for the rest of her life. How sad is that?? She is a pretty, intelligent and still vibrant woman and yet she feels that noone wants her because she keeps being rejected by the men she wants to date and those are the men her age. It seems that this pattern goes both ways.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > older women younger men