Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 143
older women younger menPage 5 of 83    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
rabidwolverine................

I consider that comment a direct hit.
 cotter
Msg: 144
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:10:08 PM
I have four children. None of them matured exactly as the other. So it is with nature that no two men or two women of the same age mature at the same rate.

Many "younger" men are very mature for their age and seek the companionship of a woman who is at their stage of maturity. Many ladies seek the companionship of a younger mature man ... they are mature, yet still possess the youthfulness to keep up with the lady's youthfulness?

Just the same, there are younger ladies who are bored to death with men their age perhaps related to the fact that those guys still have just not "grown up", therefore those ladies will seek the companionship of a more mature man and often that means going for the older gentleman.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think, in general, we tend to seek a partner with the same energy level as we have as well as similar goals and such ... which translates into "level of maturity".

Some of us will find that "level of maturity" in a partner similar in age ... others will find they must seek a partner a little younger or a little older depending on what they want.

OT ... what does it really matter what age the partners are as long as they are compatible and totally comfortable with the situation? We all have our ideas about why we want a partner the age we want ... why should there be any negativity involved whether it is an older lady with a much younger man or an older man with a much younger lady?

Who cares? Live and let live ... most of us just want to be happy and are mostly capable of not only discovering somewhere along the line what makes us happy but also sincerely going after it ... ... and we just don't care what others think!

SO THERE!!!!

I'm in close communication with a gentleman who is younger than me ... so far we seem quite compatible ... have similar goals in life ... have had quite similar life experiences as well ... laugh often together ... and we both find the where with all to be very supportive of each other in rough times.

Should I give up the possibility of being his companion just because he happens to be a bit younger than me? So far ... I can't imagine I'd likely trade him in on an older model any time soon! Ask me in 6 months!

c_deacon
Msg: 145
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:19:34 PM
Green.....

lmao off hon.....soooooo funny.....

I have good genes too and some old jeans also....lol.......The point is that many of us now retire early, not at 65.......have second and third careers.......move on and date some that are younger and older.

I have some friends that are in their early 40's and look like they are heading to the other side sooner than later, and some that are in their 50's and 60's that look like they are getting younger each and every year and have found the fountain of youth.

We age according to life and all the it offers....and the date of your birth is not the indicator of that.....it is the quality of your life and how you live it......

Just my opinion....
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 146
older women younger men
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:49:37 PM
I guess its not a problem if a sexual encounter is waht your looking for because thats
what most of the younger guys are after. Now I'm not saying all of them, I don't want tp paint them all with the same brush but its the truth. Last night I got into a long conversation
with a friend of mine (male)and he is just a friend, anyway, I asked him whats this with all
the young guys wanting to date older woman? He said that since he was about 16-17 thats
all he heard was you will get the best sex ever from an older woman. He and most of his
friends were of that same opinion and it was like a recieving some kind of trophy if you
nailed an older woman. He said most males just want the bragging rights.
 cotter
Msg: 147
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 1:35:18 AM
^^^^
He and most of his
friends were of that same opinion and it was like a recieving some kind of trophy if you
nailed an older woman. He said most males just want the bragging rights.
Yeah ... that was probably the case when he was a younger man ...

At this point, I believe that most of the men 18 years later who actually do get together with an "older" woman do it because they find the ladies quite desireable.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 148
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 6:20:07 AM
^^ yeah age is just a number. But the right motivation has to be there or the relationship won't work. If the reasons are somewhat shallow and selfish it won't work.

I like older women ussually but, but the reason is because i like to think they are more mature and not as judgmental as SOME of the younger women. So that is not a bad reason at all to like older women.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 149
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:10:58 AM
^^ it it is just for the sex........ why are they doing that then?

i mean why wastes another persons time and get them to do fornication with someone they don't intend to marry??
 cotter
Msg: 150
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:40:45 AM
@Rabid ...
why waste your time with an old guy when the studs can rock your world in bed better?
I guess in this case (37 yr. old "young" man), the ladies you will appeal to are the ladies between 40 and 50. Now that shouldn't be all that hard to find ... there are lots of ladies out there in that age range.

Most likely they will not want to start a family with you, but will be financially secure and their level of maturity will be appealing as well. At 57, as liberal as I believe myself to be, 37 is still a little too young for me.

Hey, what can I say? I'm new to this "older" lady ... "younger" man thing. I have to start slowly. The man I'm in communications with is 50 ... only about a 7-year difference ... I'm not quite ready for 20 years' difference just yet.

Also, I can't speak for all the ladies, but what is being said about just going after the "younger" men for the "bed benefit" is bogus for me. I like sex ... no question about that ... but I have never entered into any relationship with a man based on that. There are so many other aspects of a relationship that have to be in place for me to want to stay ... for me, honestly, sex is actually the last part that I need to consider.

And finally ... as I said in a previous post ... some of the guys are going after the older ladies ... that does happen you know. This particular gentleman approached me ... I was just innocently playing in the forums ... minding my own business ... when he spotted me. I can't help it if he found me so irresistable!

Ratero-park-man
Msg: 151
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:50:33 AM
I guess in this case (37 yr. old "young" man), the ladies you will appeal to are the ladies between 40 and 50. Now that shouldn't be all that hard to find ... there are lots of ladies out there in that age range.

I don't know if that was teh thing to say. Why would hge not appeal to ladies younger??, is this not an illogical statement you made? that sounds almost liek a put down to Rabid.

Lets say if Mardio here was to say to you , .."Cotter, mame I think you shouldn't feel down about yourself, there will always be guys bewteen 10 and 20 years older then you who will like you and find you attractive"...don't you think that would be an insult??

Can i be honest with you people....Some of the comment I am hearing from people one would expect to know better are just beyond ludicrous and immature, i mean it kind of worries me how SOME people reason these days and they try to jusify their actions while at the expense of others.

Notice I say PEOPLE not reffering to any gender, because BOTH genders are guilty of it and I'll tell you folks , call me very mature for a 25 year old guy, but I still know right from wrong and what seems reasonable and what isn't, I know when people are acting the way they shouldn't be. I think we ALL (self included in many areas) should use more reason and logic and oh yeah what about natural affection , care, compassion and understanding for our fellow human being.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 153
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 9:12:05 AM
Actually that isn't what she is saying at all. She's talking about the older women and the age group that would find him attractive.

I know what she meant and i was addressing that and why I don't think that was appropriate REGARDLESS of the accuracy of that statment, it's like me saying to you Ochun, "you know ,... i think guys that are older then you would be better for you to focus on because it is more likely that THEY would be more attracted to you" .. does that sound like an appropriate or good thing to say to someone who already seems to be taking these things hard as it is?? NO!!, I think we all (self included) just need to think before we post.

Besides that is not true either...why wouldn't Rabid be able to attract younger in many numbers also?? Offcourse he could.!!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 155
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 4:13:08 PM

I have good genes too and some old jeans also....lol.......The point is that many of us now retire early, not at 65.......have second and third careers.......move on and date some that are younger and older.

I have some friends that are in their early 40's and look like they are heading to the other side sooner than later, and some that are in their 50's and 60's that look like they are getting younger each and every year and have found the fountain of youth.

I'm not sure ~ but it seems to me that the jist of my post was missed. I clearly state that FOR ME, it's not physical appearance that is my issue with men older than myself. I will politely state it again: It's not physical appearance that turns me away from those older. My point was exactly as I state: I want someone I can grow old with ~ not someone I watch grow old. I can't think of any other way to state it. That is nothing more than my opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree with it ~ but I shouldn't be treated nasty because of it. I certainly don't expect anyone to live by my preferences, I'm grateful that there are those who view age as a just a number ~~ I'm just not one of them.
 cotter
Msg: 157
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/6/2006 9:42:52 PM
@mardioluv4u ...
I know what she meant and i was addressing that and why I don't think that was appropriate REGARDLESS of the accuracy of that statment ...
First of all ... I know Rabid and know him to be quite mature and responsible for a man his age. I think it's a shame he is still single. I think he'd probably make a wonderful husband and father. I know he did not take what I said wrong and apparently according to several other following posts ... I was not out of line.

When Rabid thinks you need to go to bat for him, he'll let you know! In the meantime, I have shipped him a bat so that he can fend off all the "cougars" who should be going after him after they read this thread. Now if I could just get a little more positive stuff out of him .......... I want him to find someone but for the life of me I can't convince him that it will not happen if he doesn't start to display a somewhat more positive attitude.

Other than putting up a neon sign ... "Rabid is a good catch" ... I just don't know how I can help. As I said before ... if I were a tad bit younger or he a tad bit older ... I'd go for him! Unfortunately, all my daughters who are in his age range are already taken or I'd recommend him to them ... like mother like daughters!

... it's like me saying to you Ochun, "you know ,... i think guys that are older then you would be better for you to focus on because it is more likely that THEY would be more attracted to you" .. does that sound like an appropriate or good thing to say to someone who already seems to be taking these things hard as it is?? NO!!, I think we all (self included) just need to think before we post.
Again ... you misinterpreted what I was saying. With that post I was suggesting that Rabid not try to limit himself so much ... that he too could be some nice "older" lady's "younger man".

The only problem with that would be that an older lady might not be inclined to want to have a family with him and given what I said in my previous paragraph ... that would be a shame as I do believe Rabid brings the stability and sincerity to a relationship that would make him a great father.

He has all kinds of youthful energy that would be well spent with children while he possesses the stability to provide well for the children and/or a family and set a wonderful example of that for children. That's what children need ... parents who set good examples for them.

Besides that is not true either...why wouldn't Rabid be able to attract younger in many numbers also?? Of course he could.!!!!
There's no question in my mind that Rabid could attract younger women in many numbers ... they apparently just don't happen to be on this dating site! That's not his fault.

With his youthful energies, he needs to be out trying stuff like swing dancing ... lots and lots of nice young ladies are into that and I don't know any lady who doesn't like a guy who can find their way around a dance floor without a problem ... being able to dance is a "chick magnet". If he pursues a hobby or goes back to school and meets someone while doing so, for sure he will have met someone that he has something in common with ... that's a big head start already!

Rabid ... you know I love you dearly ... I just can't be your lady!

Besides, my new fishy would be quite upset if I dumped him for such a younger guy! It would give him a complex and I can't be going around doing stuff like that!

I only really got involved with this thread because I don't particularly care for the conotation of "cougar" these days ... most especially when a lot of the "older" lady/"younger" guy relationships are actually results of younger guys going after the older ladies (as is the case with me and my fishy) and not vice versa.

Good luck to you all ... and great fishing.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 159
older women younger men
Posted: 6/7/2006 5:55:45 PM
Hang in there Rabid, you will be fine. I am sure you will in time find that special someone. Sometimes yes, nice guys not only finish last, but end up with the best finish.
 cotter
Msg: 160
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/7/2006 9:24:43 PM
Hang in there Rabid, you will be fine. I am sure you will in time find that special someone. Sometimes yes, nice guys not only finish last, but end up with the best finish.
Gee I sure hope that sometime within the next couple of years he will be emailing me with news of his lovely lady and hopefully a "little" Rabid!

OT ... "Older" women make very stable partners ... more and more "younger" men are finding that out. It doesn't necessarily make the "older" ladies "cougars" or "vulchers" ... just shows how smart the "younger" guys are getting!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 161
older women younger men
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:58:59 AM
You know what wolverine, you sound really bitter, and I am not putting you down. You are
certainly welcome to your own opinions. But just make sure that you are not painting us all
with the same brush. There are a lot of great ladies on this site and you might just meet one
but you have to lose that poor me attitude and be a little more positive. Who cares what
some woman want, you should be concentrating on what "you want" .
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 165
older women younger men
Posted: 6/8/2006 10:30:09 PM

^^I need my sanity LOL...I am somewhat bitter because I am surprised women in thier 40's and 50's actually say these things about men their age when they are basing it on maybe 4 men they know or met. Poor me? Could care less about people thinking poor me...not what I am saying at all. Just crazy how the dating game has gone these days. More bs and drama with preferences set in stone more and more. Makes me think guys will get old and women will never grow old, the way some talk.
Oh well what do I know, I just post on a dating site forum...

OK You!!!! I see where you are coming from ~ but my Dear Friend, that is just one poster. And one poster who is clearly set in "why" she feels as she does. And that's OK. We all have our preferences. Even you. It doesn't solidify anything ~ it's just one person. You know I prefer younger men, you are younger than me. If I were closer, I'd date you. You're my friend and a wonderful guy. You're smart and you definitely write more than one-liner emails...LMAO!!! Now, all we need to do is figure out a way to change that mind-set of yours. Maybe it would help if you stay out of POF for a while. I'm serious. I had to. I started to follow some of the man-haters. It was accidental on my part, but it felt good being mad at the world for a little while. Then I remembered something ~ I LOVE MEN. All the bad experiences I've had and I still love men. And someday ~ my Jerry Maguire is gonna stroll into the man-bashing meeting and tell me that I complete him. I just hope I'm home when it happens!!! LMAO!!! Come on, You...lighten up on the negativity. Get off of these forums for a while. Don't wait for your next Vegas trip ~ do something this weekend to change your outlook.
 cotter
Msg: 168
view profile
History
older women younger men
Posted: 6/9/2006 9:27:03 PM

Sexual relationships with a older women is so stimulating. I much prefer older mature women for all sex relations.
1-they know to please
2-they enjoy the sex of a younger man??
3-if it is a discreet relationship they do not call like a school girl
I can go on and on.

Sex with older women is very exciting,I find that they enjoy foreplay allot more also. Mmm the taste of a older woman drives me nuts!
Hardbird is saying some nice things about us "older" women in this ... sexually. And that's okay with me ... I rather enjoy being considered exciting and mature and not schoolgirl like.

My main concern however is that if I am going to spend any great amount of time with a so-called "younger" gentleman, I want it to be a relationship that revolves around more than just sex. My interest basically in a man is compatiblity in all aspects of a relationship.

Admitedly there may be "older" women who want nothing from a "younger" man than a discreet sexual relationship ... but this "older" lady wants the complete package from any man she spends time with. Perhaps that's why I do not consider myself anything like a so-called "cougar".

I don't act like a "cougar" and if I end up with a "younger" gentleman for the rest of my life, I do not want to be considered a "cougar" ... just a woman who found the right man for herself ... a woman who found a life partner in every way.

1234567dl
Msg: 169
older women younger men
Posted: 6/23/2006 8:27:01 AM
I am however older than yourself and I prefer dating older women cause of their sexual pro-
wness. I enjoy a woman who is like the energizer bunnie in the bed. I enjoy a woman who can work on me and tire me out and I just keep coming back for more. I am one of those guys who is a nympho who requires sex in many positions many times a day and week I have been with a woman age 74 and have been with a woman who is 35 and I can't tell the difference only that they are extremely sexually active and need sex as much and as often as I do.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 170
older women younger men
Posted: 6/23/2006 8:40:15 AM

I don't act like a "cougar" and if I end up with a "younger" gentleman for the rest of my life, I do not want to be considered a "cougar" ... just a woman who found the right man for herself ... a woman who found a life partner in every way

Precisely!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 173
older women younger men
Posted: 6/23/2006 5:42:07 PM
I just spent vacation with someone older than myself. Never again. I have always felt this way, but this time I thought I'd go outside of my comfort zone, and now I know exactly why I didn't do this before. Some people have different ideas about who they spend time with, I now have concrete evidence that I am just not made to date someone older than myself. I wouldn't be comfortable with someone much younger ~ but I definitely wasn't comfortable with someone older. JMO!!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 175
older women younger men
Posted: 6/23/2006 7:30:21 PM

I was vacationing last year in Hawaii and ive seen a few older ladies that shouldnt be walking on the beach in a bikini eewwwwwwwww

LOLOLOL....I've seen some 30 year old men who shouldn't be walking anywhere semi-clothed!!! It's all ages and both genders not just women over 40!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 180
older women younger men
Posted: 6/24/2006 3:51:33 PM
Rabid: You silly sweet man ~ just let someone find you and all of this negativity won't matter any more. If you'd stop being so hung up on the age issue combined with all of the negativity it would be so much easier to get to know you. Old, young, tall, short, thin, fat, etc., are all just descriptions of someone. Not "who" they are.

I don't understand someone not wanting to date a man in his 30s

I completely agree!!
 hany999
Msg: 181
older women younger men
Posted: 6/25/2006 2:35:02 PM
hi i m hany my mail is hany_r1@hotmail.com send me we ll send wonderful time together
 hany999
Msg: 182
older women younger men
Posted: 6/25/2006 2:36:32 PM
hi i m hany my mail is hany_r1@hotmail.com send me we ll send wonderful time together
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 184
older women younger men
Posted: 6/25/2006 6:26:13 PM

So all in all, I think going out with a younger guy can be great - but I probably will never go out with someone who is that much younger than me again. And if I ever did, it would definitely be a totally casual thing. My heart was completely broken as I thought that we were going to have a life together.

I'm sorry!!

I prefer those younger than myself. I haven't had quite the age difference that you did, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. There is only one man of interest in my life and he's 30 ~ he's actually older than me in many ways. My last SO was nearly 10 years younger and I don't recall ever discussing our age difference. Age may be "just a number" to some, but for me ~ age is a vitally important number.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >